PACE RUNNERS, INC

PACE RUNNERS, INC Employee Reviews

United States75 reviews

payhourcompanymanageremployeedayplacetime

Productive Workplace

I love my job and the people I work with. The owners are wonderful people that truly care about you. Pace isn't perfect and not everyone at the company is in the right seat, but you can tell that everything is fluid and they are wanting to put the right people in place.

Great Team with great support

I have been fortunate enough to work on several teams at Pace. Everyone is willing to work together to see the company and their fellow team mates succeed. Executive leadership is very approachable and supportive.

Pros

Culture, Pay, Flexibility

PACE RUNNERS, INC insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

They know Family always comes first and give you the needed flexibility

Very family oriented!! They are all about work life balance! The management are usually in sync with one another and they are very transparent about the plans for the company!

The Culture Makes the Difference

The owners and management care about their employees and the culture that they work in - a much different vibe than big corporate America. They do things to let their crew know they're appreciated.

Great atmosphere and culture!

This is such great place to work! You feel welcomed as soon as you walk in the door. Everyone treats you like family here and there are many job opportunities available!

Pros

Flexible schedule, family-oriented

Fun

Days can be busy but the culture is great and people are fun. It is a forward thinking company and have people in place that want the same. Always looking to improve and grow.

Pay doesn't equal to the amount of work that's required.

I'm a owner operator working here and I see a lot of things that's unorganized on top of getting paid every 2 weeks. The freight isn't secured properly by the warehouse which you have to go behind them and redo it again, the dispatch routes assigned will have you back tracking and you're spending more on gas to complete the routes compared to the money you're making.The only one's that benefits is the company and not the drivers that's working hard breaking they're backs to complete the routes...

If you don’t fit in. You will not last.

Decades long work relationships and a pinch of nepotism has made for an undesirable working situation here. If you don’t fit in, you’re out. Simple as that. Both coworker and supervisor alike, will hand you task they have not (but were supposed to) finish and expect you to get the job done. And if it’s not, now that falls on you. Lack of self awareness and managerial skills speak volumes here.

Cons

Supervisor, manager, coworker assistance

What is the best part of working at the company?Many opportunities for employment.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Time constraints can be alot to deal with.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I would call it mostly acceptable.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing, lack of everything honestly. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything, from the top of the management all the way down the ladder.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Diverse, a mix of different cultures What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful, tiring, not worth the pay at all

Great opportunity to start a career and grow

The company invests in its employees; from training to leadership, to flexible schedules. Culture is huge here. Diversity and Inclusion training. Great place to work.

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Great Leadership, Fun environment

Good ole boys club

Epitome of a good ole boys club. I experienced behavior from mgmt that was disrespectful and unprofessional. Others’ opinions are not valued. narcissistic type tactics used when communicating. I felt little support as a parent. Common business practices are unprofessional from the way meetings are held to the way emails are sent. Colleagues and other employees were not paid on time. Under-performers are not held accountable and the most valuable employees are not empowered or rewarded.

Pros

Parties

Cons

Vacation, no flexibility, toxic culture, upper management, lack of training and development

The Lies….

Worst job ever…,, Poor management no culture pay is horrible in a tell you one thing but do something totally different and blame you for it they lose drivers everyday. Nobody never know what’s going on with their loads assignments. Get paid every two weeks with nothing to show for it go to another company that’s going to respect your experience. Last chance trucking job…

Pros

Non if you are a driver

Cons

Everything especially Management

befriend someone high in position

the job isn't hard just taxing peak season will make you quit fast if you arent willing to work. Favoritisim is low key here, be wise with your words,pay aint bad but the hours will either harm you or wont bother you depending on if you have kids or not. college wise they dont care they want you to get your degree,they'll work with you easily only on that . retired military are welcomed in the door.

Pros

money

Cons

never know when you are going home, long breaks which lead into longer days

Unprofessional

This is the WORSE company EVER to work for! They are very unprofessional they allow leads to disrespect you. You can report their behavior to the supervisor and he won’t do anything! VERY MESSY

Pros

Hour break

Cons

Unprofessional

July 20, 2021
We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with Pace in this market! We are committed to maintaining a professional and respectful working environment for our team members. We'd like to address your specific concerns. Can you please contact hr@pace-usa.com so we can learn about this and address any potential areas for improvement? Thank you!

Unstable and Unorganized Company with a terrible management staff

Pace in GA is unorganized, unprofessional, deceitful, and unbelievably inept when it comes to logistics, and supply chain management.- They work you to death because they refuse to pay drivers what's fair for their routes, so you're constantly having to cover contract driver routes because they just refuse to show- Pay was a joke, I made less than $20 an hour.- They would regularly work you ridiculous hours only to give you a few hours off the next day to make sure you don't achieve overtime- Overall process is so disorganized that they regularly lose contracts and therefore lay off employees- They expect you to drive trucks on routes that drivers don't show up for, even if it's in another state. Or sit there until a driver finally comes in to cover which can take hours.

Pros

There really weren't any

Cons

Pay, work life balance, terrible management the list goes on

August 3, 2021
We are quite sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the feedback. After addressing specific concerns with the local management team, Pace encourages communication throughout the company, including Human Resources, which can be reached at hr@pace-usa.com. We encourage you to email them directly. As you may know from your experiences at the company, we strive for continuous improvement and take all reviews and feedback seriously. We also hold ourselves to high standards and to living out our values in every market we serve.

Great place, good supervisors

If you're willing to work and keep up with the boxes as well as pay attention to detail, this is a great place to work. The sort doesn't run short of things to do and it can be positive if you're willing to come in with that attitude as well.

July 20, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experiences in this review. It sounds like your attention to detail and alignment with Pace's core values, including Get the Job Done, go a long way towards your success on the job!

Not a bad company, laid off job due to lack of work for my position.

Overall good company. Didn't get to stay, due to loss of customer contracts. Amazon lowered rates. Company could not afford team. Business is Business.

May 11, 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback. As you likely experienced during your time with us at Pace, we strive to adhere to our core values and treat teammates like family. I appreciate you taking the time to write the review and wish you success in your future endeavors. - Stephanie

Poor run company

Logistics of the company is very bad, really bad labor work for a low wage employee walking out all the time over work on somedays work 6 hours before you are allowed to take a lunch. Unstable environment. To much scan of boxes, theres a better way of doing this job. But don't recommend giving ideas to them.

Pros

Over work

Cons

Really over work

April 5, 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts here and taking the time to review your past employment experience at Pace. We are sorry that your personal experience working with us was not a positive one. I want to take an opportunity to clarify that at Pace we work hard to create stability. One way we do this is by focusing on our culture, which is founded upon strong values and internal processes. At the Arlington/Dallas location, the team currently takes lunch at 1 pm and starts work between 8 am to 9 am. All employees are given a 15 minute break between 10 and 11 am. We hold ourselves to a high standard, and I hope you’ll see that shine through if you cross paths with us again. As we work to always improve, we welcome all reviews and feedback continuously. Thank you again and good luck in your next endeavor. All the best,Stephanie

Great Vision, Leadership and Balance.

Great place to start your career or continue. Leadership from the top-down truly cares about every employee. Great work environment and empowers you. Ability to give feedback and it's welcomed. Love it here.

Pros

Great benefits and work environment.

May 11, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Pace online! I’m sure that our leadership team will be thrilled to read this. As you know, our core values include do the right thing and always improve. I’m thrilled these values are evident in your experience with Pace.Thanks again – we appreciate it!-Stephanie

Poor Communications, Lack of Humility and inaccurate pay

This company is not reliable, they can not be trusted with what they tell you. You constantly have to dispute your pay, then they do not support you with documentation when they disagree. It's a never ending process trying to get your pay. A typical day is loading and unloading your own truck, management is never consistent, you never know whose in charge, effective communication and not receiving your agreed upon pay

Pros

It's work

Cons

Not getting paid your correct pay, burning a lot of gas and barely breaking even

May 11, 2021
We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and apologize that you experienced a challenge with your settlements while driving with Pace. I do want to use this opportunity to clarify that we have a well-established process that includes a way for you to dispute a settlement. We hold ourselves to a high standard at Pace, and we strive to always improve. We will continue to find ways to make it easier to grow your business by driving with Pace. I wish you success in your business and future endeavors.-Stephanie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACE RUNNERS, INC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits