Pace Runners Employee Reviews

nice relaxed under paid job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Wish more hours were guaranteed with a chance for a raise every now and again. For all we have to do I believe it's worth giving guaranteed hours especially when it's out of our control when routes are not prepared beforehand.
It was very difficult to work for this company as a contractor.
Independent Truck Contractor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 28, 2018
This company doesn't know how to maintain frieght , they always lie to you about small things . worked for pace 9yrs and was always threatened by management never felt secure. Major contract with a known company was lost you made it notify us until the day of, putting everybody in financial crunch.
Pros
Being affiliated with major companies.
Cons
Not knowing when they will lose contracts with major companies.
Horrible Management
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 15, 2018
Management at Pace had favorite employees who stole from the company, and had a pit bull in their company truck running routes, and didnt get fired. Its just a matter of time before FedEx and USPS pulls their contracts.
I resigned, as I refuse to work for a company that institutes a hostile workplace. The former LS is now the manager, and he was also responsible for this employees wrongdoings.
Pros
going home
Cons
idiotic manager
No structure. Very stressful.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2018
This company is a joke. They pay you by a day salary. Theres no time off. 3rd shift. Very poor management. They expect you to do other people jobs and receive no extra pay for it. You have no set schedule. You have a time to be at work. But can only leave when you are told to. There work manual stats you have hoildays off. Which you do not. Very stressful environment.
offers a lot of freedom but a lot of work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 17, 2018
The management structure was not very good. As a contractor, there was a lot of confusion as to who to report to and what exactly is the position that you are working.
review
Indiana Semi Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2018
Long hours and few or no raises. Drive and deliver packages to postal offices.

last minute notice of happenings

most enjoyable: work without someone standing over my shoulder.
Pros
no one standing over you
Cons
pay and hours work avg low pay
could drive my own car and have someone with me if i needed to
Independent Courier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 14, 2018
i really liked meeting the vets and there staff. overall it was a fun job. in the end they would rather have a cheaper paid driver than have really good customer service.
This Company is a joke.
Driver (Former Employee) –  AnywhereSeptember 22, 2017
All the people who run and manage this company are liars. They do not care about their drivers or dock workers. Below average pay. They will call and text you 24hrs. even when not working. Once you become good at your initial route, they will add more stops and more stops. Tons of redundant paperwork and a bunch of stupid apps you have to install and use on your phone. The warehouses they lease are dumps with all kinds of OSHA violations. No promotions and no growth.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Lies.Lies. Unsafe routes and warehouses.
Good job, if you are in dire need of one!
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, AlJuly 10, 2015
You'll work 10-14 hrs a day. Usually you will work 5 days a week, but some people have to work 6 days a week. What the other guy said in his review is awfully true. I've worked for this company for 4+ years, I have never seen a raise, I've heard about them, but you never see them; there are no bonuses, I've heard about those also, but never seen one; they make many promises, but they are all broken. The only thing we hear is how we will lose our job if we don't meet their newest standard; so we all always feel as though our jobs are on the line. If we try to communicate any of this with management we get the "beat around the bush" speech, you know, the one where they try to convince you that the grass is actually orange, and they think we fall for it every time, but it never goes over our head or under our feet.
Pros
I, have, a, job
Cons
Mostly everything.
Not the best
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMarch 3, 2015
I worked for pace runners for about 3-4 years and a typical day is 10-14 hrs. Management is poor and goes by the buddy buddy system. Pay is below average and its hard to get raises and promotions unless you are definitely in with someone in upper management. Turnover rate is very high
Pros
home daily
Cons
low pay, poor management, high turnover rate
People
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 25, 2015
I truly love all my life working outside dealing with the people cause am a people person who gets along with the public. I love making my deliveries to different companys. Working outside in all kinds of weather. The hardest part is can't make my deliveries on time due to something going on in the traffic. But the best part of job is getten up in the morning thanking god that I have a job to go to everyday to serve the people who like family when its comes to doing busy for as a professional delivery driver.
self contractor
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 1, 2015
Would get phone call when parts were in. Picked up parts. Checked manifest against parts. Delivered parts. Picked up bank bags to take to bank. Would deliver around 4-5 check to various business during the week
Pros
good pay
Cons
7 days a week, had to pay own gas
Truck Driver
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 18, 2014
Delivering goods to major company and loading trucks. I am a people person. I get alone well with others.