Pace University Employee Reviews

very safe environment and fast pace
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
I was there for 911 everybody worked as a team so the students and staff would be safe and secured. Our first priority was to help the students and first responders with what was needed {food, phone calls etc}.
Cons
a lot of walking.
Alot of educational opportunities, very cutthroat environment, not for everybody
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 26, 2018
Environment is very fast paced and cutthroat. If you work in certain departments you WILL be stabbed in the back daily. Management doesn't listen or offer much support. Staff are under-trained and often publicly criticized for mistakes. A lot of favoritism and nepotism. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and further your education and it is a place that definitely primes you to work in a cut throat environment. Working here really depends on what you are looking for long term.
Pros
Can easily advance your education
Cons
Staff are overworked and underappreciated
Good ESL group
Part-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
Overall a really solid group of instructors and management open to suggestions. There is a helpful and collaborative group of instructors willing to share and support each other.
Pros
direct supervisors, other instructors
Cons
part-time contracts
Nurturing and professional environment
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Pace was a nurturing workplace and staff were collaborative. I was promoted from Student Aid position from freshman year at Pace and worked my way up to be Staff Assistant to five program managers by senior year. They supported my education and also my professional development. I learned how to communicate better under the guidance and leadership of my program managers.
Pros
Great benefits provided: health, dental, vision, retirement plans, etc.
Cons
Nothing in mind.
Grounds and Maintance
Maintenance worker / grounds assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYSeptember 21, 2018
It was a full time job. No health benefits. Each day was different. Depending on what was needed each day. Maybe snow plowing. Maybe cutting the lawns. Painting some rooms. General.
Pros
Never boring. Not routine. Got along with everyone.
Cons
No benefits. And pay was low
The culture of the Office and the university is really open-minded and cooperative.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Working there is very relaxed, because the management style is direct and clear that all employers do their jobs by what they think effective. All co-workers there are very helpful and supportive. As the student aid in this office and the student employee in the office, my co-workers are not only my co-workers but also my advisors. So, when I face some difficulties in my personal life or academic life, they always give me effective advice to help me.
Pros
Good culture of sharing
Cons
lack of challenges
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
I worked as a Teaching assistant when I was doing my masters in computer science. It was a part-time job where I used to teach Java and AWS services to undergrad and grad students.
Pros
Work culture is good
Cons
Pay is ok
Great Learning Experience
Student Aid, Pace Legal Counsel (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Very relaxed workplace that offers room for improvement and collaboration. They are willing to take the risk of hiring entry level employees and training them to their potential or higher.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 29, 2018
Good place to work the people and staff are great. Management is okay, students are very respectful, , work place is neat and easy during the week. You have to work the building of pace university.
good
Cons
Stimulating environment with unique situations
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJuly 17, 2018
Working at Pace University was very rewarding as well as stimulating. The environment was fast paced, competitive, challenging, and at times straining. However, there was not a time where I did not learn something new, or did not put all of my skills into practice. Overall, Pace University helped me grow professionally, socially, and personally in a way that I will always take with me.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Extremely long hours
Camp counselor
Assistant Health Director/Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJuly 16, 2018
Worked at a summer camp to maintain campers safety and provide activities for them to do throughout the day along side the camp counselors. Camp was on campus.
Spacious community
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2018
Fast-paced, but productive day at work.
Small, manageable classrooms.
Learned to explore more classes I've never taught before.
Everyone is willing to offer help.
The commute wasn't great since I live in North Jersey going all the way to Downtown Manhattan.
I love Manhattan
Adjunct job
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
I work at Pace as an adjunct so I cannot really review the benefits full time employees receive. Overall it is a decent working environment with good people and students.
Quit
Accounts Payable Processor-Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Only temp at Pace University. The Management team there is super friendly and great to work with. Very Quit office as not many people working there...
Pros
Great work place
College On campus Job
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
Great learning experience as a foreign student, worked part time while getting my MBA from Pace University. It was an introduction to American work culture as well
Working for Pace is great for new employees
Senior Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 30, 2018
There is much to learn and develop here at Pace, which makes for a good short visit for someone who is yearning to grow, challenge themselves and create a bigger impact on our work in higher education.
Nice Work Environment
Student Assistant - Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
It is very comfortable to work with staff in Pace U. Everyone helps each other and supervisor is very nice. You can learn some practical skills in management.
Amazing Position
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 6, 2018
I really enjoyed being a part of this club as it provided me with amazing work experience, leadership skills and interpersonal skills. It only to about 2-3 hours of my time per week and the impact we had on other students was well worth it.
Pros
Public Speaking
Cons
Weekly Meetings
Awesome Place to Work
Caretaker, Pace Environmental Center (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 6, 2018
I was a student employee at the Envionmental Center. My job was to feed and care for our animals which included goats, sheep, chickens, snakes, lizards, turtles, hawks, falcons, and owls. The full time staff are one of a kind and I enjoyed every day I worked there.
Pros
work with animals, work outside, meet new people, fantastic managment
Cons
little pay, work in the weather (snow and blazing sun)
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
The environment is very collaborative and everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. I enjoyed working at Pace University as both a graduate assistant and an usher.