Pace University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Nice Work Environment
Student Assistant - Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
It is very comfortable to work with staff in Pace U. Everyone helps each other and supervisor is very nice. You can learn some practical skills in management.
Amazing Position
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 6, 2018
I really enjoyed being a part of this club as it provided me with amazing work experience, leadership skills and interpersonal skills. It only to about 2-3 hours of my time per week and the impact we had on other students was well worth it.
Pros
Public Speaking
Cons
Weekly Meetings
Awesome Place to Work
Caretaker, Pace Environmental Center (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 6, 2018
I was a student employee at the Envionmental Center. My job was to feed and care for our animals which included goats, sheep, chickens, snakes, lizards, turtles, hawks, falcons, and owls. The full time staff are one of a kind and I enjoyed every day I worked there.
Pros
work with animals, work outside, meet new people, fantastic managment
Cons
little pay, work in the weather (snow and blazing sun)
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
The environment is very collaborative and everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. I enjoyed working at Pace University as both a graduate assistant and an usher.
Graduate Assistant Experience
Graduate Assistant - Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Sufficient stipend to live a student life. Manager is nice. Not very stressful work. Flexible work hours. Learn as you study. Difficult interview and not many are rewarded this position
Excellent Academic and Social Environment
Adj. Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Pace University is an inspiring workplace for instructors and students. Curriculum matters and student concerns are among management's top priorities.
Pros
Prompt and productive support for instructors, staff and students is given by management at all times.
Need Administration Changes due to DISCRIMINATION
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 15, 2018
Worked over ten years very hard supported more than one program and was let go over speaking up about a discriminating Finance Director and direct supervisor. They didn't care to lose two staff members and keep the individual that was the cause of the problems the Executive Director is in agreement with her behavior. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work under that type of administration. Finance director very friendly with HR Representative therefore staff member complaining doesn't have anyone to turn to unless looking to get fired which the way the put it "your position has been eliminated"
Pros
Other staff is great to work with
Cons
No one to turn to in times of work troubles.
Good place to develop useful skills
Student Assistant/Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
Great place to learn customer interaction skills and how to handle different challenges every day. An always changing environment keeps you from getting lazy and presents new challenges to solve every day.
Football Player
Football Player (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMarch 30, 2018
Attended the college of Pace University and was the starting middle linebacker on the football team as a freshman. It was a great place to play football and go to school.
Excellent environment and personnel to work in.
Adj. Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10038March 29, 2018
Innovative and supportive of new programs. Community-minded; Student programs, clubs are priorities. Compatibility bet ween
administration, faculty and student organizations.
Pros
All aspects of the environment; programs; student-centered activities are of the highest quality.
Cons
Needs better management and higher salaries
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
Pace would be a great place to work if salaries were higher and employees were cared for. It is a good work environment, people are friendly and helpful.
A very satisfying job experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2018
As an academic coach to students with different needs, I was happy I was helping a student who is in need and that gave me a sense of satisfaction. And, as a graduate assistant to a professor and working in the Global Portfolio Analysis Center I got an opportunity to learn and analyse the global markets.
Work culture
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
The work culture at pace university i extremely cool. i was well veritable e as i have industry experience with me hence didn't find difficult to cope up with the work.
i had learn many new things as my department was research and development.
An exciting and progressive place to work
Director College Support Program for ASD students (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Pace University in NYC is located in the financial district with a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of all New York City has to offer.
The university has been rated the safest in the nation and prides itself with its security a well as its fine arts program.
As the Director of a relatively new program, for students with High Functioning Autism, the atmosphere is challenging but ripe for research and development
Support for the OASIS program continues to grow within the university, the community, and nationally.
Pace is always progressive in its ability to attract a vast diversity of students and staff and promotes collaboration for student success.
Fun, Relaxed, but Busy at Times.
Senior Computer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYFebruary 20, 2018
I worked there for years before graduation and it was a great opportunity to learn customer service. You learn how to deal with a range of different personalities (staff, professors, parents and students).
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Rarely Get Snow Days Off
Nice school job
Student Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Easy job, lots of time to do homework. Very slow paced. Excellent flexibility in schedule. Would recommend only to those who want extra cash. Not a lot of hours available.
Pros
Extra money
Cons
Slow paced, not enough hours
Exciting environment to work
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2018
A healthy and fun teaching environment to work. Students respect their teacher and management sees who best to address the concerns of students and staff.
Pros
exciting
Cons
sometimes can be a bit demanding when deadlines have to be met
Research assistant
Research Assistant and co-author (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
I started working as a research lab assistant for my mento lab class. After the class ended I continue to work as a research assistant because I was part of an ongoing research study. I've also had the opportunity to learned more, and I continue to do so with my lab professor.
Fun and informative
Sculpture Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
For being a student work study job I couldn't ask for more. this position allowed me to gain a much deeper understanding of the inner mechanisms of the art world.
Estudiante
Estudiante (Former Employee) –  West heater,nyJanuary 16, 2018
Curso de ingles para negocios en el cual Se llevaron a practica temas de gramatica y estrategias de negociacion.