Pace University Employee Reviews

Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
I worked as a Teaching assistant when I was doing my masters in computer science. It was a part-time job where I used to teach Java and AWS services to undergrad and grad students.
Pros
Work culture is good
Cons
Pay is ok
Great Learning Experience
Student Aid, Pace Legal Counsel (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Very relaxed workplace that offers room for improvement and collaboration. They are willing to take the risk of hiring entry level employees and training them to their potential or higher.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 29, 2018
Good place to work the people and staff are great. Management is okay, students are very respectful, , work place is neat and easy during the week. You have to work the building of pace university.
good
Cons
Stimulating environment with unique situations
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJuly 17, 2018
Working at Pace University was very rewarding as well as stimulating. The environment was fast paced, competitive, challenging, and at times straining. However, there was not a time where I did not learn something new, or did not put all of my skills into practice. Overall, Pace University helped me grow professionally, socially, and personally in a way that I will always take with me.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Extremely long hours
Camp counselor
Assistant Health Director/Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJuly 16, 2018
Worked at a summer camp to maintain campers safety and provide activities for them to do throughout the day along side the camp counselors. Camp was on campus.
Spacious community
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2018
Fast-paced, but productive day at work.
Small, manageable classrooms.
Learned to explore more classes I've never taught before.
Everyone is willing to offer help.
The commute wasn't great since I live in North Jersey going all the way to Downtown Manhattan.
I love Manhattan
Adjunct job
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
I work at Pace as an adjunct so I cannot really review the benefits full time employees receive. Overall it is a decent working environment with good people and students.
Quit
Accounts Payable Processor-Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Only temp at Pace University. The Management team there is super friendly and great to work with. Very Quit office as not many people working there...
Pros
Great work place
College On campus Job
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
Great learning experience as a foreign student, worked part time while getting my MBA from Pace University. It was an introduction to American work culture as well
Working for Pace is great for new employees
Senior Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 30, 2018
There is much to learn and develop here at Pace, which makes for a good short visit for someone who is yearning to grow, challenge themselves and create a bigger impact on our work in higher education.
Nice Work Environment
Student Assistant - Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
It is very comfortable to work with staff in Pace U. Everyone helps each other and supervisor is very nice. You can learn some practical skills in management.
Amazing Position
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 6, 2018
I really enjoyed being a part of this club as it provided me with amazing work experience, leadership skills and interpersonal skills. It only to about 2-3 hours of my time per week and the impact we had on other students was well worth it.
Pros
Public Speaking
Cons
Weekly Meetings
Awesome Place to Work
Caretaker, Pace Environmental Center (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMay 6, 2018
I was a student employee at the Envionmental Center. My job was to feed and care for our animals which included goats, sheep, chickens, snakes, lizards, turtles, hawks, falcons, and owls. The full time staff are one of a kind and I enjoyed every day I worked there.
Pros
work with animals, work outside, meet new people, fantastic managment
Cons
little pay, work in the weather (snow and blazing sun)
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
The environment is very collaborative and everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. I enjoyed working at Pace University as both a graduate assistant and an usher.
Graduate Assistant Experience
Graduate Assistant - Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Sufficient stipend to live a student life. Manager is nice. Not very stressful work. Flexible work hours. Learn as you study. Difficult interview and not many are rewarded this position
Excellent Academic and Social Environment
Adj. Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Pace University is an inspiring workplace for instructors and students. Curriculum matters and student concerns are among management's top priorities.
Pros
Prompt and productive support for instructors, staff and students is given by management at all times.
Need Administration Changes due to DISCRIMINATION
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 15, 2018
Worked over ten years very hard supported more than one program and was let go over speaking up about a discriminating Finance Director and direct supervisor. They didn't care to lose two staff members and keep the individual that was the cause of the problems the Executive Director is in agreement with her behavior. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work under that type of administration. Finance director very friendly with HR Representative therefore staff member complaining doesn't have anyone to turn to unless looking to get fired which the way the put it "your position has been eliminated"
Pros
Other staff is great to work with
Cons
No one to turn to in times of work troubles.
Good place to develop useful skills
Student Assistant/Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
Great place to learn customer interaction skills and how to handle different challenges every day. An always changing environment keeps you from getting lazy and presents new challenges to solve every day.
Football Player
Football Player (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMarch 30, 2018
Attended the college of Pace University and was the starting middle linebacker on the football team as a freshman. It was a great place to play football and go to school.
Excellent environment and personnel to work in.
Adj. Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10038March 29, 2018
Innovative and supportive of new programs. Community-minded; Student programs, clubs are priorities. Compatibility bet ween
administration, faculty and student organizations.
Pros
All aspects of the environment; programs; student-centered activities are of the highest quality.