Pace University Culture reviews

A multifaceted University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2019
A typical work day at Pace University rarely existed other than the day to day operations, I managed and maintained Adjunct professors and student workers, I've learned time management and to enjoy the multi culture of the University. The hardness part of my job was disciplining my student assistants although it was rare and necessary. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the undergraduate students grow, physically, mentally, and educationally and become independent young adults who can, will and do participate greatly to our world.
Pros
Free lunches, Luncheons, Tax free metro cards, bonus
Cons
redundancy
Good ESL group
Part-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
Overall a really solid group of instructors and management open to suggestions. There is a helpful and collaborative group of instructors willing to share and support each other.
Pros
direct supervisors, other instructors
Cons
part-time contracts
The culture of the Office and the university is really open-minded and cooperative.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Working there is very relaxed, because the management style is direct and clear that all employers do their jobs by what they think effective. All co-workers there are very helpful and supportive. As the student aid in this office and the student employee in the office, my co-workers are not only my co-workers but also my advisors. So, when I face some difficulties in my personal life or academic life, they always give me effective advice to help me.
Pros
Good culture of sharing
Cons
lack of challenges
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
I worked as a Teaching assistant when I was doing my masters in computer science. It was a part-time job where I used to teach Java and AWS services to undergrad and grad students.
Pros
Work culture is good
Cons
Pay is ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 29, 2018
Good place to work the people and staff are great. Management is okay, students are very respectful, , work place is neat and easy during the week. You have to work the building of pace university.
good
Cons
Stimulating environment with unique situations
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJuly 17, 2018
Working at Pace University was very rewarding as well as stimulating. The environment was fast paced, competitive, challenging, and at times straining. However, there was not a time where I did not learn something new, or did not put all of my skills into practice. Overall, Pace University helped me grow professionally, socially, and personally in a way that I will always take with me.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Extremely long hours
Quit
Accounts Payable Processor-Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Only temp at Pace University. The Management team there is super friendly and great to work with. Very Quit office as not many people working there...
Pros
Great work place
College On campus Job
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
Great learning experience as a foreign student, worked part time while getting my MBA from Pace University. It was an introduction to American work culture as well
Work culture
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
The work culture at pace university i extremely cool. i was well veritable e as i have industry experience with me hence didn't find difficult to cope up with the work.
i had learn many new things as my department was research and development.
Job Review
Student Aid-Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2017
it is a great job for a student who is full time and has priorities. the environment is flexible, friendly, and always helpful. The staff is like a staff.
Pros
flexibility, environment, and guidance
Cons
low pay, no paid vacation
Great
Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
Working with the boys of Zeta Beta Tau was a great experience. Nothing but respectful and were opened to all and any ideas. Great group of young gentlemen.
Fun place to work
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
1) Fun Place to work
2) Learned alot of data analytics techniques.
3) management was awesome
4) Work culture is good
5)Creating a database from the scratch
6) My way of handling the database
Pace University
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 23, 2017
I really learned a lot while working at Pace over the last 28 years which includes technical skills as well as good work ethnics. It was a great experience and I've met some really good people.
Over the last few years at pace with the hiring of different executives and management the culture there at Pace changed. What was once a competent and secure work place became a political arena and much less secure place. There are some really good people still there and it is a good institution I just hope the road smoothens out for those still there.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Top heavy
Dedicated colleagues committed to success.
Administrative Support Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Dedicated colleagues tirelessly striving to achieve the same goal while facing uncertainty for the future of the teaching profession and the School of Education.
Flexible friendly environment, and caring administrators who recognized and voiced their appreciation for our efforts.
Fulfilling and rewarding to receive praise and gratitude from students who we helped shepherd through a complex program.
Most difficult part of the job was not knowing if the education program would continue and how it would impact our jobs.
Pros
Great colleagues and casual environment.
Cons
Unstable job security.
great school
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYAugust 28, 2017
I love it here! it really is a wonderful school to work at with great kids and a great support system with the department heads. I highly recommend working here.
Wonderful colleagues and great benefits
HEAD OF TECHNICAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 6, 2017
Awesome work culture with flexibility and great colleagues. Excellent opportunity for variety of tasks and for advancement. Budget issues are a significant problem.
Great place to work.
Adjunct instructor, Department of Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJune 27, 2017
Great place to work. Very nice environment with colleagues who are willing to help you with project and items you are working on. I would suggest Pace as an employer as they are a really nice institution to work for..
Fun working and learning at Pace University
Educational Media - Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
Working at Pace University was a good experience. The work culture is friendly and appreciative. Support from senior staff is upto the mark. Learning new work was not difficult for me at Pace University.
Team like environment, with individual tasks, and flexible hours
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
A typical work day is based around your availability. I've learned various lab techniques, managed lab inventories, and trained other technicians. The work culture is very inviting and gives room for learning.
fun working environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 25, 2017
I love working at the English Language Institute. Everyone is very helpful and friendly.

The organization is very receptive of different cultures and backgrounds and I enjoy learning new things from different people each day.