Pace University Management reviews

An opportunity
Solution Center Representative (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 23, 2019
People are great and the job isn’t very difficult. Pay could be better. No overtime offered even though you are eligible for overtime. Best thing received is benefits - PTO, Sick Days, Health Care Vision, 401K etc.
You do work in your job description and much more out of your description, which is great for learning experiencing. Management could be better. They tend to pressure the people below thus causing stress on the employees below.
A multifaceted University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2019
A typical work day at Pace University rarely existed other than the day to day operations, I managed and maintained Adjunct professors and student workers, I've learned time management and to enjoy the multi culture of the University. The hardness part of my job was disciplining my student assistants although it was rare and necessary. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the undergraduate students grow, physically, mentally, and educationally and become independent young adults who can, will and do participate greatly to our world.
Pros
Free lunches, Luncheons, Tax free metro cards, bonus
Cons
redundancy
Alot of educational opportunities, very cutthroat environment, not for everybody
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 26, 2018
Environment is very fast paced and cutthroat. If you work in certain departments you WILL be stabbed in the back daily. Management doesn't listen or offer much support. Staff are under-trained and often publicly criticized for mistakes. A lot of favoritism and nepotism. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and further your education and it is a place that definitely primes you to work in a cut throat environment. Working here really depends on what you are looking for long term.
Pros
Can easily advance your education
Cons
Staff are overworked and underappreciated
Good ESL group
Part-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
Overall a really solid group of instructors and management open to suggestions. There is a helpful and collaborative group of instructors willing to share and support each other.
Pros
direct supervisors, other instructors
Cons
part-time contracts
The culture of the Office and the university is really open-minded and cooperative.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Working there is very relaxed, because the management style is direct and clear that all employers do their jobs by what they think effective. All co-workers there are very helpful and supportive. As the student aid in this office and the student employee in the office, my co-workers are not only my co-workers but also my advisors. So, when I face some difficulties in my personal life or academic life, they always give me effective advice to help me.
Pros
Good culture of sharing
Cons
lack of challenges
Great Learning Experience
Student Aid, Pace Legal Counsel (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Very relaxed workplace that offers room for improvement and collaboration. They are willing to take the risk of hiring entry level employees and training them to their potential or higher.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 29, 2018
Good place to work the people and staff are great. Management is okay, students are very respectful, , work place is neat and easy during the week. You have to work the building of pace university.
good
Quit
Accounts Payable Processor-Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Only temp at Pace University. The Management team there is super friendly and great to work with. Very Quit office as not many people working there...
Pros
Great work place
Nice Work Environment
Student Assistant - Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
It is very comfortable to work with staff in Pace U. Everyone helps each other and supervisor is very nice. You can learn some practical skills in management.
Excellent Academic and Social Environment
Adj. Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Pace University is an inspiring workplace for instructors and students. Curriculum matters and student concerns are among management's top priorities.
Pros
Prompt and productive support for instructors, staff and students is given by management at all times.
Need Administration Changes due to DISCRIMINATION
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 15, 2018
Worked over ten years very hard supported more than one program and was let go over speaking up about a discriminating Finance Director and direct supervisor. They didn't care to lose two staff members and keep the individual that was the cause of the problems the Executive Director is in agreement with her behavior. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work under that type of administration. Finance director very friendly with HR Representative therefore staff member complaining doesn't have anyone to turn to unless looking to get fired which the way the put it "your position has been eliminated"
Pros
Other staff is great to work with
Cons
No one to turn to in times of work troubles.
Exciting environment to work
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2018
A healthy and fun teaching environment to work. Students respect their teacher and management sees who best to address the concerns of students and staff.
Pros
exciting
Cons
sometimes can be a bit demanding when deadlines have to be met
Productive Independent Workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Working at Pace University allowed for a stress-free environment. Work days were not too long or too short. While working I learned organization is extremely important while conducting research. Management gave me the freedom to work on my own and was there to help when I needed it. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to create and design a research project on my own. The hardest part of this job was the construction of the study arena. The workplace was diverse, and I was able to collaborate and get the opinions of other employees.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Seasonal job
not a good professional environment
ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYDecember 17, 2017
poor budgetary management
poor treatment of staff
poor wage increases
poor supervision
not a collegial environment
very segregated
micro management to a point of frustration
Decent
Seidenberg School of CSIS Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYOctober 20, 2017
There is little to no opportunity foir advancement, if you want to do mroe than you need to look elsewhere. The department is friendly but they have a gender bias so being a girl is more of an advantage than being a boy.
Fun place to work
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
1) Fun Place to work
2) Learned alot of data analytics techniques.
3) management was awesome
4) Work culture is good
5)Creating a database from the scratch
6) My way of handling the database
Great workplace with an added benefit to my college career
Finance & Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYOctober 3, 2017
This part-time job during school keeps me actively engaged in subjects that I had previously taken. Additionally, a certain level of mastery of the subjects were required in order to explain the material to the students in need of help.

The management was great and easily approachable. Any issues were resolved quickly whether in terms of scheduling or other matters.
Office culture
Student Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2017
Managment didn't support nor listen to frontline staff. Upper staff had favorite and were fair to all staff. No upward mobility. No raise, however, the president was making more than Harvard's president.
Pace University
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 23, 2017
I really learned a lot while working at Pace over the last 28 years which includes technical skills as well as good work ethnics. It was a great experience and I've met some really good people.
Over the last few years at pace with the hiring of different executives and management the culture there at Pace changed. What was once a competent and secure work place became a political arena and much less secure place. There are some really good people still there and it is a good institution I just hope the road smoothens out for those still there.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Top heavy
Good pay and management support
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Position was part time and did not included benefits. The pay was very fair and there was good support from management. The students were eager to learn hands-on techniques.