Pacer Global Logistics Employee Reviews

Business sold
Vendor Accounts Payable Rail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioNovember 7, 2017
Pacer Global Logistics had a person in the HR department that was very rude and if she didn't like the way a person looked, she would not allow them to work at Pacer full-time. She even hired another employee just to keep me from getting the full time position when my contract ran out, that the male she hired ended up being a celebrity on the NEWS.....he was caught setting up appointments with female real estate agents to see vacant houses, where he ended up raping the agents.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
HR profiling
Pacer Global Logistics went out of business
EDI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Pacer Global Logistics. I grew into EDI at this company. I mapped, tested, implemented customers, became a business analyst, project manager, and a lot of duties at this company. I had not planned to leave Pacer. My position was out sourced.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
company closed
Best job ever
Vendor Payables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 10, 2017
I dealt daily with vendors and other countries. Changing currencies was a challenge that I looked forward to every day. Great working environment. Everyday brought new challenges. Auditing invoices and seeing how many I could get done in one day made me a better auditor.
Pros
Communication with other countries
A young environment,
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin OHDecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed the 3 years at Pacer. It was friendly, team based and enthusiastic. There were many extra curricular activities. They has a nice cafeteria and the grounds and location were perfect,
Better and Better
Customer Service Rep - Route Planner (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 7, 2015
Since Pactiv was bought out by XPO there has been much change. The culture is much improved. The benefits are not as good when it comes to paid time off (espeically having young kids, losing 3 days hurt) and 401K lost percentage points. Also health insurance increased signficantly without seeing much improvement.

I handle and manage intermodal freight for 3 automotive companies, my days can be stressful but the rewards are plentiful. It also provides many challenges that keep me plenty busy.
Pros
Environment is much improve becoming more a a place you enjoy coming to everyday
Cons
Loss in Paid time off and 401K is not match the same
Close knit family
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin,OHFebruary 25, 2014
Pacer is a great company as far as flexibility and being allowed the freedom to grow yourself. Compensation is less than average however.
Great job yet technical
Computer Operator II (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Great job; technical experience is necessary. Must be able to adapt to change.
Sinking ship
Training Function (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2014
This company has been sinking for years now. It's changed hands at least 4 or 5 times.

• Management deliberately hid books from auditors for years
• Management asked employees to lie quite often
• Lack of concern toward employees. Example: New hire was breastfeeding and explained that she would need to pump during the day. HR told her it was fine, but then when she actually started, used it against her as not staying at her desk and doing her job.
• Lack of professionalism. Total lack of professionalism. Employees used to have relations in the stairwells.
• Pay was ridiculously low. My next job I made $10k/yr more and I was doing the same thing.
Pros
Cons
Layoffs, degrading to employees
Fun but, quite environment
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 2, 2013
Most work is independent. Your daily work activities don't change much. Some employes may become bored. However, the work environment is casual and laid back.
A company on the move toward success!
Customer Account Coordinator (Intermodal) (Current Employee) –  Dublin, DSeptember 1, 2012
Pacer has become, in my opinion a very strategically placed and developed company to become number one in the industry. My typical work day is series of efficient order of events with benefits that can be seen and felt not just that week but for the whole month. It is all about the planning and attention to detail.

My co-workers are extremely professional and have welcomed me into the family.

The hardest part of the job is when the unforseen happens but is also the truest testament of what type of logistician one can be. Constant vigiliance is required and always strived for.