Pacers Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Game Operations Review
Manager of Fan Engagement (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2018
My time with the game operations staff was a big highlight in my career so far and being their intern was the reason that I wanted to come back to work for Pacers Sports and Entertainment. The people you work with and you average day makes working there very enjoyable.
part time game night help
Event Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2018
great company, fun environment. Typical event work. Not the best hours but great way to make some extra cash and be in one of the funniest environments in Indianapolis
Pros
pacers
Cons
later evening hours
Fun Fast Pace
Sr Corporate Partnership Bus Mgr (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2018
Fun Fast Pace to work. Freedom to make my own goals. Small company gives the ability to work with lots of different departments on lots of different projects.
cool people cool job
Cameraman/game editor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2017
Great place to work if you love a competitive and fast paced environment with opportunity to meet cool people. great people, great pay, great job. join !!
Design as a commodity
Internal Designer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2017
Working as a designer within the Pacers organization has its moments of pride, however, for the most part I feel like more of a commodity than an employee or valuable asset. This leaves me wanting more.
Pros
High Visibility
Cons
Low Pay
Very good company to work for. Hard work, pay not always equal to work load.
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2016
Pacers Sports & Entertainment is a very good company to be employed with. However the labor positions within the arena, such as Event Production, Utility Set Up, and Housecleaning are not compensated very well.
Student ticket agent
Student Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2016
As a class project we worked along side the Indiana Pacers agent to help sell tickets for the season. I did a lot of cold calls and heard a lot of NO'S but we learned ways on what to say once they said no.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
lots of calls
Sports is fun to work in
Sr Sponsorship Business Mgr (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2016
Sports is a fun but demanding place to work. Nights and weekends make for a long year but it's fun at the same time. Recommended.
Love working here
Statistics Crew (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
I enjoy the part-time atmosphere and the ability to stay in touch with sports. I have gained vital experience outside of my comfort level and have enjoyed the people I work with.
Pros
Getting to watch a game from the scorer's table
Environment that provides the tools to succeed
Student Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2016
Working as a student sales representative I learned a great deal about what it takes to be successful in a professional work environment. The staff was extremely helpful answering any questions and giving you all of the information needed to gain comprehensive knowledge of their products. Making phone calls and sending out emails to make sales usually is not everyone's favorite thing. However, it is much easier when leads are provided.
Pros
Free tickets
Great place to work with even better people
Groups and Events Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2014
Great place to work with even better people. Great for young professionals looking to start their sales career. There is a crazy work schedule, but at the end of the day a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Training, Networking, and Work Environment
Cons
Uneven work/life schedule
Very supportive and great culture.
Part-time Employment & Internship (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2013
The Pacers are a great organization to work for. It's fast paced and demanding so I quickly learned to enhance my skills by working smart and efficient.

My co-workers were very supportive and outgoing. Everyone collectively worked towards the same goals and consistently helped each other out.

The hardest part of my job is the demanding hours during peak times of the season. This demand turned me into the hard worker I am today.
Great position for fun on the job
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaOctober 20, 2013
My days are spent selling! Whether it be on the phone, working a prospect event or attending one of the many Networking groups I attend on a regular basis. Although I had a lot of sales experience, I did not have the knowledge of sports sales and event planning. I have worked my way to being at the top in sales of the entire WNBA. My co workers are mostly entry level, new graduates who are using this position as a stepping stone on their way to higher dreams. Management is split. With two teams; NBA and WNBA, as well as different departments for each team such as tickets, sponsorship etc. There are way too many managers to report to. With split opinions and expectations between several managers.. it can be conflicting. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fans and the venue, however, in spite of the fun, it is a serious, demanding yet rewarding sales career and it can be difficult when others do not take it seriously. I love to have fun, but I am also quite serious about my career.
Pros
Fun, passionate fans, great venue and environment
Cons
mixed management
Amazing experience!
Event Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2013
It was an amazing experience!! The people are great and I learned a lot.