PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Last resort ONLY!!!
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2019
Please go work somewhere else. They have a system set up to turn people into slaves, literally. They give you enough to survive a few hours and come back. I didn't know what minimum wage was until I worked for Pacesetters. $7.25 in 2019 is what they consider an honest wage for a Hard-Working man or woman looking to work doing manual labor. That's just the beginning. When you get there and seek out information because no one there offers information or directs you on anything, EVERYONE has an attitude and no one seems to have over a 8th grade education (from the big slow guy over the coffee to the guy printing the tickets to the guy randomly calling out names and pointing and giving the jobs). It's a shame that a company as large as Pacesetters who's profit margin is ridiculous cares so LITTLE about the people that work for them. NOT AN OUNCE OF CARE. Young & OLD men and women go out all over the city for PACESETTERS shovel dirt for 8 Hours with no water & take home $40. They should be better than that. The stress you go through dealing with the PACESETTERS staff is enough to give a healthy man a stroke before he even hits the work site. HARD LABOR for $7.25. The only thing worse is prison, which is what you feel like in their facility as they talk to you like you're an inmate. This company's staff doesn't feel the need to treat you like a human being. PACESETTERS gets worker request from big companies all over the city. Those companies ARE NOT PAYING PACESETTERS $7.25/HR per worker. But how much are they? I can just tell by their business practices, if it was public IT WOULD  more... BE EMBARRASSING. They have too many associations with other reputable companies to be this bad of a company in public.
Desperate times call for desperate measures and working here would be a desperate measure.
This company should really be looked into. It's immoral and unethical the way they handle business and treat their employees. And if they're handling every day business like this, with no regard, imagine what's happening behind closed doors. Maybe someone should contact one of those investigative reporters to do an undercover report. It's cheaper to just take care of your people PACESETTERS!
And I said that, just me, nobody else. If you knew me, you would understand. I don't need any help. The truth is the truth, is the truth. And I don't care how you feel about it. I'll say it to your face. I purposely didn't use profanity or be disrespectful or inappropriate so people would take this seriously. This is not a rant, it's a warning. If you have to do it, I understand. I've done it, just stay ready.
This company just feeds off the people in the community and breaks them down at the same time. The only reason they're in business is because they can pay you the same day. Legitimate companies should start to offer same-day pay and giving people another reason to come work for you.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Poor management, staff is rude and disrespectful, pay is minimum wage $7.25/hr regardless of work site
This is a temporary agency
Certified Forklift Operator; General Laborer; (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2019
This is a temporary job agency that matches you according to your previous job experiences. However you may come and go as you please. Moreso, if you are familiar with the jobs you are assigned to then you can be employed by those companies depending on your job performance.
Move On
Staffing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2019
This place does not value employees. I worked as a recruiter, positions are very low pay. Limited sources to find qualified employees. A demanding job with little to no support for employees. A typical work day was always spent on the phone. Poor management and pathetic benefits. Job orders arrive at the end of the day and you are expected to fill them. Favoritism.
Pros
co-workers were nice
Cons
low pay, demanding schedule, little to no support from management.
Competitive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2019
I would be sent off to different jobs everyday such as warehouses, construction sites, moving companies. i would have to complete the task that was assigned to me that day.
Sorry
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Sorriest staffing agency in the world.dont go there they're parasites eating off your hard earned money don't attend them unless you have time to waste
Easy job, terrible micromanaging superiors
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Extremely easy job, guaranteed checks and work, fast working set up, great coworkers, terrible feedback, lack of professional etiquette some times, unnecessary inconveniences, a few dreadful superiors, better management is advise and careful of future third party delegations. Overall fast and guaranteed acquisition of employment and income
Pros
weekly pay, fast working set up, consistant check, guaranteed job
Cons
short breaks, constantly under watch, too much micromanaging, little room for independent working, unnecessary rules, unwanted disputes
A non professional company.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2018
I'd have to wake up at 3am every day just to get a position that wasn't even guaranteed. The service there was horrible. All the workers at the office were rude and had attitude. It was said that if you didn't have transportation you were guaranteed a bus to take you to and from your assigned location for free. Every check they would take money out to cover the transportation fee. The environment was terrible and it was a bad experience in general.
Pros
Transportation provided and daily pay.
Cons
Position isn't guaranteed, workers have attitude, possibility of being late, and lied to.
awful place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
They are very rude and do not care that you are simply trying to work hard to accomplish goals. They do not pay well and are very hard to talk to when you have issues.
ok
Food Prep/Cook ,general labor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
if u starting off a good place, but dont stay,its not a place that has continuing work some days
u dont work at all. and if u do thre are people almost knocking u over
They had nice jobs at this agency.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
the few jobs that they sent me at all or definitely some of the best that I ever had through a temporary agency. I cannot complain at the type of work that they got me it was right up my alley warehouse forklift pay rates with very decent.
Pros
The pay rate for a good and the most of the jobs were willing to hire you on.
Cons
It was a temporary agency so it's going to be double 90 days and no vacation for a while
poor management
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
it was more of a competition of being there early enough and rather the manager at that time liked you in order for you to get a job but its a great job to become experienced in different fields of work
Pros
exprience
Cons
management
Competitive for placement
Construction/General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
At the hall people live outside a d they get the jobs first just to use for drugs... I work for my family and get turned around or less pay... I need something better
real hard working people
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Very hard working crew good people but they get to stressed when put under pressure ,with more work than they can handle
lots of overtime meaning lots of money you can work seven days a week here sometimes and you save a lot of money because you never have time to spend it
Rude and dumb staff
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Terrible office personnel at their longpoint location. The work itself was fine. Dealing with the office personnel for any tax matters was impossible.
This is very ghetto
Day Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
A lot of grown men fighting over certain jobs.staying on a steady ticket is very difficult. Zero raises at all. The service drivers are very dangerous on the road. But management doesn't really care about drivers and passenger safety.
Cons
i enjoy the work because its not always the same day after day!
traffic director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2017
Pacesetters help me out due to a lack of employment. It helped pay some bills and gave me something to do. Not to mention i made a few new freinds at the time...
Pros
i get dropped off at the job sight.
Cons
there is no free lunch and they charge for coffee!
stepping stool for career seekers
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2017
Work place with a productive environment for those who seek permanent employment.
Come to work, wait for a job assignment. Work hard until you find a better opportunity!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
temporary compensation
Laborer
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2017
Pacesetter really is only for desperate times or supplemental income only. Theres no room for growth and none of the jobs there are guaranteed nor long term.
Pros
Work when available
Cons
Not meant for people with bills
Everyone was proactive about the next moves there!
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
Everyone I work with at PPS is great. It feels like a second family. The company cares about its employees and makes sure you are taken care of if you’re a hard worker. Hands down this is the best place I’ve ever worked!
Dispatcher /recruiter/supervisor
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Good working hours, not enough pay underpaid , pay cut, benefits not so great , great people to work with , no job security , dangerous place to work .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES.

Powered by Comparably