PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES Employee Reviews for Laborer in Houston, TX

Last resort ONLY!!!
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2019
Please go work somewhere else. They have a system set up to turn people into slaves, literally. They give you enough to survive a few hours and come back. I didn't know what minimum wage was until I worked for Pacesetters. $7.25 in 2019 is what they consider an honest wage for a Hard-Working man or woman looking to work doing manual labor. That's just the beginning. When you get there and seek out information because no one there offers information or directs you on anything, EVERYONE has an attitude and no one seems to have over a 8th grade education (from the big slow guy over the coffee to the guy printing the tickets to the guy randomly calling out names and pointing and giving the jobs). It's a shame that a company as large as Pacesetters who's profit margin is ridiculous cares so LITTLE about the people that work for them. NOT AN OUNCE OF CARE. Young & OLD men and women go out all over the city for PACESETTERS shovel dirt for 8 Hours with no water & take home $40. They should be better than that. The stress you go through dealing with the PACESETTERS staff is enough to give a healthy man a stroke before he even hits the work site. HARD LABOR for $7.25. The only thing worse is prison, which is what you feel like in their facility as they talk to you like you're an inmate. This company's staff doesn't feel the need to treat you like a human being. PACESETTERS gets worker request from big companies all over the city. Those companies ARE NOT PAYING PACESETTERS $7.25/HR per worker. But how much are they? I can just tell by their business practices, if it was public IT WOULD  more... BE EMBARRASSING. They have too many associations with other reputable companies to be this bad of a company in public.
Desperate times call for desperate measures and working here would be a desperate measure.
This company should really be looked into. It's immoral and unethical the way they handle business and treat their employees. And if they're handling every day business like this, with no regard, imagine what's happening behind closed doors. Maybe someone should contact one of those investigative reporters to do an undercover report. It's cheaper to just take care of your people PACESETTERS!
And I said that, just me, nobody else. If you knew me, you would understand. I don't need any help. The truth is the truth, is the truth. And I don't care how you feel about it. I'll say it to your face. I purposely didn't use profanity or be disrespectful or inappropriate so people would take this seriously. This is not a rant, it's a warning. If you have to do it, I understand. I've done it, just stay ready.
This company just feeds off the people in the community and breaks them down at the same time. The only reason they're in business is because they can pay you the same day. Legitimate companies should start to offer same-day pay and giving people another reason to come work for you.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Poor management, staff is rude and disrespectful, pay is minimum wage $7.25/hr regardless of work site
This is a temporary agency
Certified Forklift Operator; General Laborer; (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2019
This is a temporary job agency that matches you according to your previous job experiences. However you may come and go as you please. Moreso, if you are familiar with the jobs you are assigned to then you can be employed by those companies depending on your job performance.
Competitive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2019
I would be sent off to different jobs everyday such as warehouses, construction sites, moving companies. i would have to complete the task that was assigned to me that day.
awful place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
They are very rude and do not care that you are simply trying to work hard to accomplish goals. They do not pay well and are very hard to talk to when you have issues.
This is very ghetto
Day Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
A lot of grown men fighting over certain jobs.staying on a steady ticket is very difficult. Zero raises at all. The service drivers are very dangerous on the road. But management doesn't really care about drivers and passenger safety.
Cons
stepping stool for career seekers
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2017
Work place with a productive environment for those who seek permanent employment.
Come to work, wait for a job assignment. Work hard until you find a better opportunity!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
temporary compensation
Laborer
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2017
Pacesetter really is only for desperate times or supplemental income only. Theres no room for growth and none of the jobs there are guaranteed nor long term.
Pros
Work when available
Cons
Not meant for people with bills
amazing temp agency
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
day start off bad but its get better throughout the day, a lot of people looking for jobs is the bad part. but once you find a good job you would be more relax
No promotion.kept me on 7.25 and 8.00 dollars per hour for 5 years..6 hour jobs and 4 hour jobs stressful place .to work for no benefits or raises .
Laborer (Current Employee) –  1716 collingsworth Houston txAugust 30, 2017
No free lunch or tips..couldn't pay my bills with 7.25 and 8.00 an hour job and 4 hour jobs need to escape this place and work a better company for my own good.
Pros
No free
Cons
15min breaks 12 hour wait for jobs
Very relaxed enviroment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
Pacesetters is a good place to refine your skills and make business connections. The company doesn't have a yearly or hourly pay scale but they do pay a daily rate.
Pros
Daily pay
Cons
Assignments are not always available.
All ways have work around the city
General Laborer (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Houston texasJune 19, 2017
Stay hydrated and always have to be aware of your surroundings and never leave the job site early or it will be hard for you to get another job with i
Pros
Food trucks
Cons
Short breaks
Not recommended
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2017
While Pacesetters provides average service for the companies it holds contracts with, there is many issues with the way the staff treats the workers. Firstly most staff members are disrespectful, and utilize no common courtesy. There is no room for advancing to a better position because there are no other positions. Most jobs pay minimum wage, and there is no way to choose a better paying job. It is a random procedure of whoever comes up to the window the fastest when they call over the intercom to come forward. The building smells, people are literally living in the hall, and almost every "worker" is under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. Do not recommend unless you are in a dire situation and need money the same day.
Pros
Paid daily
Cons
No HR, highly unsanitary work hall
This is not a good place to work at all..
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
Only thing about this personnel service you actually have to sit and wait on a job thats so irritating and stressful the reason I'm looking to get hired elsewhere with the experience I do have
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
Barely have breaks
Bad
Temporary labor employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
Never know where you'll Work

That that don't mind sending you back home

Their don't respect their employees

They don't care who they spend to work

Having too put Up with drunks and drug addicted people

When you leave to go home
Pros
Non
Cons
Alot
Productive workplacr
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Wake up at 3:00 to wait a long time just to work for $7.25 at the end of the day u will get $48.57 that day to day. You get to learn different trades and meet all culture of people. It's a great place to work for people who have problem getting a job because of their background
Pros
You get to make money
Cons
Not enough pay
Its a great place too get you on your feet
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2017
I been working for pacesetters since 2014 its OK just looking for steady work full time work so I can provide for my family I need a apartment and not going out everyday I can't reach my goals
Pros
Good lunch breaks and job oppertunity
Cons
No insurance and benifits
It offers you the opportunity to compete for work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2016
I liked pacesetter but am currently looking for full time employment.A typical day is being available to show up at four am.If your lucky you will get an assignment by eight am,otherwise you could sit there all day without making any money.
Pros
Work
Cons
Sometimes you can go days without work.
Execellent Company
General Laborer/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
This company has really been very good to me over many years when I was in between jobs. I am truly grateful that I can always count on them to provide me with an opportunity to earn an income when no one else will.
Day laborer
Day Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Since this is a labor hall jobs varied from warehouse to construction site. Everyday was different because you never know where you would be going.
Good place to work get payed daily.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Move freight stock,and other materials to and from storage and producton areas,loading docks,delivery vehicles,ships and containers,by hand or using forklift,trucks, tractors and other equipment.From this I gained a lot of on the job experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES.

Powered by Comparably