PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES Employee Reviews

Stressful working environment
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
No show no work get here late don't good out too work sometimes there so days you can sit here and not get sent out! Stressful!! But there is days when the work is good and everyone goes too work! It sucks when it rains!!
Pros
There's work if you show up on time!
N/a
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2017
Normally hot. Working at pacesetters I would normally lay bricks at offices, load trucks with equipment and sanitize bathrooms. The hardest part of the job would be working many hours of the day for low pay.
great work place
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2017
ived learned many things to help me grow with other the company. we start early and finish early they provide transportation. the staff is every friendly and helpful.
No work for women
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 19, 2017
The work is based on keeping the construction site clean but, every now and then there's no work for women to work. I was lucky to get a repeated job that I could work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Less work for women
Stressful
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Had to arrive an hour and a half early to ride a bus to Gulf Shores, work 8 hours, then ride a bus back. I was gone 12 hours a day and only was paid for 8.
General Labor with Event Staffing
Porter/General Labor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2017
A typical day usually involves hard work, it depends on the job, however I learned a lot of transferable skills. Management is always polite, very courteous. Workplace culture depends on how the hand-out act. Hardest part is sometimes the employers push a little hard. Enjoyable is the cash immediately at the end of each shift.
Pros
Paid same day.
Cons
lot of problems with hang-outs around the building not looking to work.
Not people friendly
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sw houstonSeptember 5, 2017
The staff at Pacesetter services do not put people first they put themselves first. Furthermore they take there sweet time to take care of ones needs. They rather pass the stress onto another coworkers than to figure out best salution.
Pros
No answer
Cons
Worse agencie out there
General Labor Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2017
Very decent employment for those seeking finances under stressful conditions to survive, pleasant management and coworkers. Accountable and organized with their clients and workers.
Pros
freedom with expectation of hardwork
Cons
not many long term assignments
No promotion.kept me on 7.25 and 8.00 dollars per hour for 5 years..6 hour jobs and 4 hour jobs stressful place .to work for no benefits or raises .
Laborer (Current Employee) –  1716 collingsworth Houston txAugust 30, 2017
No free lunch or tips..couldn't pay my bills with 7.25 and 8.00 an hour job and 4 hour jobs need to escape this place and work a better company for my own good.
Pros
No free
Cons
15min breaks 12 hour wait for jobs
not a good place to work very stressful
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2017
It's not a good job but when you need the money I recommend people to go there.and also it's very stressful cause it's times you may not have work,and you will just be waiting in the office.most of the time you don't get many hours.
productive and fun workplace
Roustabout (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
i enjoy most assignments. the co-workers help the day go by in a fun environment. although, management (mark) has his personal picks of who gets work. and thats not good, when i have sat all morning then someone just walks in and he gets the job instead of me.
Pros
money daily
Cons
favoritism.
Working through pacesetter personnel services
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2017
Working through pacesetter personnel services was a good experience I was paid on time and they put me on a job site quick. Working with pacesetter personnel services you are to expect getting on a job site quick if they are hiring for any position
Pros
Quick jobs and different jobs
Cons
Short breaks
Great Way to make additional monies
Auction Driver, TX (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
Temporary Job- This was an opportunity to make additional monies. The hours were rational and I enjoyed the experience. However I am glad this group does not come to all of the auctions.
Pros
Few hours working
Cons
Outside in heat or rain
Ok place to work get paid ever day
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 6, 2017
Its ok for me because they send me too some good jobs so I can pay my bills there pretty far with one that comes to work there can't say anything bad about it.Its great
Good steady work place
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2017
Pacesetters offers varies job with different locations it pays daily with itself has its pros and con. Pacesetters its a first come first serve type of job
It was "interesting."
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
I served as Receptionist/Adm Assistant. I was the primary point of contact for the telephones. I double-checked applications for accurate completion and made certain that potential employees possessed all paperwork necessary, before I assign candidates to meet directly with our recruiters. I kept in-house systems updated with warranted information, and I generated a variety of daily/weekly reports.

The workplace culture was "feast or famine." Some days could be relatively slow versus other days being totally chaotic. The most challenging part of the job was in dealing with the temp employees that possessed bad manners and had no respect.
Trash
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 17, 2017
This is a very poor place sorry managed completely sorry company that should be reviewed by osha and does not follow osha standards by any means and they don t care for there workers
Pros
Work
Cons
Always in the heat no water provided
fun workplace, steady pay
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
typical day was working in warehouse, unloading and loading of trucks with sports apperal, a lot of standing and lifting, the was the most difficult part of job....
Pros
free lunches, overtime
Cons
alot of lifting and bending
Time goes by fast
Dispatcher/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2017
Arrive at 5 am in the morning and by 5:45 am it starts getting busy until 8:30 am. around 9am you touch base with your boss. About a 20 minute coversation. Basically the game plan.. Being a day labor service you work with a variety of different cultures. It is a very fast paced, detail and multi tasking job. Anything can change at anytime and you have to be able to handle it. The best part is when it quite and you can focus on your work.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Health Insurance rates kept going up every year
Very relaxed enviroment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
Pacesetters is a good place to refine your skills and make business connections. The company doesn't have a yearly or hourly pay scale but they do pay a daily rate.
Pros
Daily pay
Cons
Assignments are not always available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PACESETTER PERSONNEL SERVICES.

Powered by Comparably