Pacific Coast Supply

Working at Pacific Coast Supply: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

managementworkjobplacetimemanagercompanypay

Culture needs to change

Loved the people hat worked for me at our branch. We created a very food culture at our store. The upper management is stuck in the stone ages and hasn't changed their culture in a while.

Ok Company, Horrible Regional Manager

Work hours are 12 hours a day per Regional Manager. Upper Management is very disengaged. Budget for repairs is less than what it takes to have safe equipment for workers. Regional Manager has ran off anyone that cares. It is his way or it is the wrong way. Good people here they just don’t have the ability to do what they need to without micro-managing. Promises are made but not kept and RM always has a reason why they were not kept. Overall good people here they just are micro- managed to death from Regional Manager.

Pros

Benefits, retirement

Cons

Regional Manager

Pacific Coast Supply insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Inviting and comfortable workplace

Pacific coast is a great company to work for. They treat their employees like family and are extremely helpful. It is a comfortable and inviting place to work.

Pros

Lunches, flexible, 401k

Cons

No pension

Good $ for upper management, lots of hours expected for material handlers, drivers, and counter personnel

Pacific Supply is a family owned and ran company. The company likes to promote from within and does so on a regular basis. Wages are fair for the area, but not necessarily for the amount of work that you do. They strive for customer satisfaction however, in my management position, I find myself almost begging the other management and sales representatives for their orders in order to achieve customer satisfaction. There is a lot of micromanagement as far as what materials are allowed to be stocked at your particular location which tends to make it a week or two in order to get some materials to complete that customer satisfaction. Often times, the customer is not satisfied because of this delay. That could easily be remedied by loosening the reigns on the management team to allow the product that sells in your area to be stocked at your yard.

Pros

Several choices for benefits packages, A constantly increasing vacation time policy, Good family oriented environment

Cons

Benefits packages are high priced, Wages are middle of the bracket with yearly only minimal wage increases

Stay away

The dispatch guy at the Boise branch will leave you at home for a week if you call in sick one day, he plays favorites and makes you feel uneasy with weird homo jokes, other companies pay better.Benefits are ok, I would stay away, pay is not great, the new store manager and the dispatch are weirdly close,

Pros

Some good coworkers

Cons

Everything else

Horrific environment, culture and people!

Managers don’t know the job but analyze everything in the most derogatory way possible. They micromanage and run reports to shove down your throat that you didn’t met the numbers! Don’t have solutions and expect answers while belittling you. Lots of dishonesty and absolute terrible people of character! Don’t waste your time there!

Pros

Building looks nice

Cons

Benefits are terrible and negative work environment

You will never make effective change here

No training , upper management in branch is un engaged with staff. Equipment not allowed to serviced properly. New hires are trained with trail by fire approach.

Pros

Run from any Texas/Oklahoma branch... RUN.

Terrible upper management. Completely incorrect business model for the roofing distribution market. Company doesn't know roof shingles from the disease shingles. Terrible market position with zero understanding of the market from Kalifornia HQ. They fell bass ackwards into roofing distribution in Texas/Oklahoma and it shows. Narcissistic and obtuse regional manager driving employees and customers away. Look for a position with one of the major players, ie. Beacon [RSG, Westend], ABC, or Southern Shingles, well before you consider Pacific Supply (unless you're unemployed, but even then...) They might be OK on the west coast, but along I-35, RUN.

Hot work eniveroment

The management here is OK and the work environment is good, during the summer is not worth the pay because you are in the sun all day. The management needs a new update they play favoritism.

Harrassed by dispatcher

Good company to work for but dispatcher is always touching you to a point that I see him gravin a man on his private partsand everybody feels harrassed by him and nobody will say anything cause he will make you quit by giving you the worst jobs. I hope managment will consider this comment and do something about it as this is consider s.harassment

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Bad management

Fork lift

Good place to work good hours, lots of over time. Most of the days I would load the truck with materials go to the job site and unload the materials off the truck

A really good place for a person the want to take the next level of customer service. Manages contractor accounts and walks in at the same time. Work 50+ on demand season.

Terrible company

Manger talked to you like you were stupid. Doesn’t care about the employees just wants the delivery done. Pay isn’t worth the work. Didn’t care what time you were off

Cons

Lot's of hours, managers that have never done the job

You can get all the hours you want here, but don't expect to ever work an eight hour day. A minimum is ten, and twelve is more normal. This is not the worst, but it is exacerbated by the fact that most of the managers have never worked in a lower-level position, so they often have very unrealistic expectations for how much work can be done in the day.

Pros

Plenty of OT

Cons

Managers that never had to be grunts.

a lot of work all year round

Good management, but the pay is not what it should be for the type of work that is demanded. Very physical job. Management is very understanding and flexible.

Safety and commitment without compromise

Wages were low and raises were promised but not given. Average work place, with a quick pace. Safety was always stressed. Management needed improvement though.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Low wages

Learning new things

It was a challenge to learn how to run the machines but was a great skill to accomplish. Learning to watch for defects in the fabric was a hard challenge to do. I over came that challenge and became very good at my job assignment.

Have to be experience and work with ambiguity

I feel that there was no real sense of direction and the expectation was for you to figure out what was to be done. I had no experience in the industry and the expectation is for you to be able to learn everything all at once in the branch manager trainee program. There is no real plan for your training and there was very little feed back given over time. But if you did not meet the expectation you were made aware.

Not well managed

Management was not well supported. We were not well supported to be successful out in the field. The base salary was really low and did not have much incentive to drive more business.

It was very good and enjoyable.

I really like my time there. I of course had my ups and downs, but that was all me. The people there are great, and job didn't seem too overwhelming. I did my best to get my job done right, and considered myself respectful towards others. Excellent place to work at.

Poor Management

Company continues to dictate how they want you to act. Unable to be yourself using your skills and personality. Very sad they are this way due to many different facets to learn.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

micro managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Coast Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits