Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
atmosphere
Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 19, 2018
fast paced atmosphere, lots of staff, turn around but room for transfers or advancement, hard workers, excepts new graduate clinicians, modern technology.
The best hygiene job I've ever had
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 29, 2018
Every office experience you have in PDS depends on the individual management and owner dentist. Something you read from California almost certainly doesn't apply to a different office anywhere else. My office is absolutely wonderful. We have a manager who knows what he's doing and an owner dentist who loves her job and takes it very seriously. I can't say enough good things about my office. You should do your own research into each individual office before listening to someone else's reviews. If one office doesn't suit you, another one might.
Pros
Good bonus system, support from staff
Cons
Sometimes super crazy schedule
Pacific Dental Services
Administration (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 25, 2018
I had an opportunity to grow professionally with PDS. I started in the collections department and became a Finance Manager. All my fellow coworkers and management team were always willing to help and teach new skills.
Pros
Dental Insurance
Cons
Schedule
Unethical and illegal
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 24, 2018
You are basically a salesman only...its teeth. Its humiliating and wrong. Charging for things that were not performed, completing treatment that was not necessary just to make more money and bonus is unethical. These guys are a scam. Money hungry vultures. Very disturbing.
Pros
Got to go to California
Cons
Unethical, immoral and corrupt
The worst company I have ever work
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 17, 2018
The stress and pressure is insane, they want you to complete loads and loads of work in a short period of time with no time for breaks and super low pay rate
Unfriendly coworkers seem like they are already mentally sick of working in PDS, they stare at me like I’m their worst enemy
The worst thing is the daily unnecessary XP meeting that don’t show you anything but that the company’s management is a hypocrite Christian religious
Dental Assistant
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2018
A typical day at work included my dental assistant knowledge and duties. Working for this company was awesome, I loved going to work every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering a perfect patient experience.
Favoritism goes a long way
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 10, 2018
Worked at PDS for about a year and a half. Office was closed 2 days a week but the days we were open OM wouldnt be in office most of the day which left me with bigger load. OM never stayed until closing, which led to me staying most days past the 7pm closing time with 2 small children. Management has a closed eye to those that actually work. Pay and benefits were decent but with the added work load with lack of help, should have been more.
Benefits
Cons
Management, lack of leadership
tasks, reports, deadlines, problem-management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 8, 2018
Amount of work is overwhelming with unrealistic expectations of completion of tasks. Competitive drive is essential to be successful. Hours expected to work is not conducive for work/life balance.
great work environment
Traveling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Golden, COApril 5, 2018
work day was busy yet consistent..i learned how to learn each doctor and work well with fellow employees the most challenging part of the job is learning each patient as an individual but that is also the enjoyable pat of the job building connection
Pros
free dental
Ugly
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaMarch 31, 2018
Beware! They allow unethical behavior with no disciplinary actions and are not in alignment with their culture. High rollers that have no morals or values.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
lack of communication
They only care about money
LDA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 29, 2018
Very hypocritical company, they say how much patient care matters but sacrifice them on a daily basis with bad dental care. They only care about money and reassure you that you are replaceable. You work hard to make a difference and no one cares. I wouldn’t recommend this company to my enemy.. regional managers get their family and buddies in as managers so complaints are invalid and nothing gets done. Once you complain or bring concern to light they go deaf and don’t hear a word you say.
Pros
Expensive benefits
Cons
Devalued staff
Poorly Ran
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 28, 2018
This company has no idea what they are doing and have a high turn over rate. You can tell right off the bat it’s super judgmental and clicky to the point it can be uncomfortable. They paint a picture to you far different the the actual position! I tell everyone stay away you will regret it otherwise.
Pros
Training
Cons
Poor management, benefits, constant turnover
Worst Job Ever
Dentist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 24, 2018
PDS talks a big game and then does nothing to back it up. Poor management, terrible hours, terrible support. Worst company I've worked for and I actually quit this job without even having a backup because it was that bad. They want to pay doctors at a $600 daily rate, with no real schedule so you can never make over that terrible guarantee. Cerec training was cool but I was too busy being a glorified hygienist to ever be able to do any of the crowns I was diagnosing. I worked there for many months and they never hired a hygienist- if I wanted to do SRPs all day long I didn't need to go to dental school. This job by far left the worst taste in my mouth- I quit over a year ago and I still shudder that I actually worked at this awful establishment.
Pros
Close to house.
Cons
High staff turnover, no support, no hygienist, awful and long hours 5 days a week.
Currently employed
Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 21, 2018
Long time employee. Company doesn't even match at 6% or 401k. Low bonuses. Company will pay someone with a higher license more then you even though that person doesn't have any experience and they come and ask you for help. Pay for your own dental. Travelling full time pays you less then half. Lunch time is 30 min minimum. 3%/year regardless of experience raise if your lucky. You will meet amazing people on both sides and if this is your stepping stone for you then this is the job for you. Company has an XP sending their most precious assistants to the event but doesn't matter how precious you are because if you have lots of friends recommending you then you can go every year.
Pros
Stepping stone
Cons
Pay
lack of manager support- money hungry doctors
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  N.CaliforniaMarch 13, 2018
You have to trained yourself to learn everything about the office or system, if you don't have any dental background, you are on your own. Workshops are hardly approved because offices are run on a tight budget so you are always needed at the office, and you can't sent any of your staff to any of them neither, because you will be left out alone at the office. Regional management support was hardly there, but they sure benefit from your hard work on your collections, reports are more important and metrics than the real support they are supposed to give you. For doctors is all about how much you can charge patients so they can meet their ADP. They claimed they are all about the perfect patient experience, but is more like you better have the perfect insurance to have the perfect experience. Also there is no life-work balance - be ready to work most Saturdays and also Sundays, because you have to grow and you need to meet your budget...Good Luck!!
Pros
life ins- 401K
Cons
schedules- lack of work-life balance
Northern California
Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CAMarch 11, 2018
Upper management is absolutely horrible!!!!!! Dishonest, deceitful, creates nonstop drama and creates an unethical culture driven purely by money. Does whatever it takes to get doctors on board, at the cost of employees and patient care. Does not keep word, favoritism beyond. PDS's ethical compass has been compromised over the years their values of "God" no longer reign instead the love of money does. Employees are not valued it's become a corporate mindset that lacks integrity. Management has no regard to family time or vacation and drains managers absolutely dry, offering no support ever. When management wants to get ahold of you but you are expected to answer YOUR PERSONAL CELL PHONE when they call, but the favor is not returned. 9 times out of 10 you get no response in the time that you need it. There are no boundaries when it comes to expectations or requests. PDS hires way to many people that lack dental knowledge and offices and patient's suffer for it. There is no regard to loosing good people. Upper management speaks poorly and badly upon managers to staff, no value or appreciation, no trust. I would never recommend PDS Central Valley to anyone! Management comes from Enterprise rental car and doesn't know anything about dental. A lot of potential but bad leaders have led to breakdown in Northern California. Horrible, I cannot say it enough, HORRIBLE!!!!! Maybe with new management, upper management things would be better?
Pros
Office team is great
Cons
Regional Management is absolutely horrible!
Great company to work for.
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Menifee,CaMarch 10, 2018
Fast paced and very competitive. Numbers based which is understandable so it could cause some stress. They do care and try to help patients be satisfied with dental treatment.
Stay away!
Specialty Assistant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 9, 2018
Back office SPECIALTY management is a JOKE! Somehow, the regional manager got promoted from a lead ortho assistant to that position...CLEARLY lacks the necessary experience to be in a regional management position. Unless, you want to feel like you're in high school again, dealing with petty, judgemental, unprofessional assistants, doctors, and management STAY AWAY! Dealing with all the immature drama, on a DAILY basis, is more work than the actual job!!!!
Pros
hour-long meal break, benefits, monthly bonus oppertunity
Cons
management, other employees, LOTS of drama
Very stressful environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 9, 2018
Great when interviewing and then when you are hired the overall aspect of the work environment was not per the job description. They set unrealistic expectations
It is all smoke and mirrors
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 4, 2018
Red flags:
PDS has constant negative employee reviews, lack of focus on a true employee experience, and the recruiters evade your questions. PDS has too many executives brainstorming, and too few reliable employees tasked with executing. PDS has many unfulfilled corporate expectations, employees report a lack of trust in management, and has an inability to live up to brand promises.
Cons
Terrible dental work. All production based. They don't care about patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Dental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight