Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews

Hard working
Benefits Coordinator and Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 18, 2018
I had a great time with pacific dental services, it made me advance with my career from beginning to now. It showed me the basics of how to manage an office from all aspects.
Horrible management and company
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 17, 2019
RUN! They over work there dental assistants and we were always working over. Not a good experience at all. The lead dentist was a bully to the new grad dentist and she wasnt honest with patients regarding tx.
Avoid working here
Business Assistant (front office) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2019
HIGH TURNOVER RATE!!!!! MANAGEMENT IS A JOKE They cut your hours but want you to do full time work. They hire friends who have no experience at all in the dental field, and pay them more than those who have many years of experience in dental.
Hard Work Place
Specialty Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Quinta, CAFebruary 5, 2019
I was very excited to start with this company but as my time got longer with the company more and more unfolded. I was not what was pitched in the interview however I love working with our patients and ensuring they have the best experience possible.
one of the bets ive had the pleasure to work for
orthodontic lead and trainer (Former Employee) –  Golden, CO 80401January 23, 2019
this company was a very very fast paced company that was challenging but also exciting with incentives amazing staff and fail proof business plan. Love and miss these folks everyday
Pros
ps2
Pds
Receptionist/Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CANovember 21, 2018
PDS is a great company to work for to teach you great work ethic. With that being said, compensation is not great and the hours worked are very extreme at times.
Benefits are good, but no work/life balance
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 28, 2019
The only good thing about this company are the benefits they offer and the modern technology. Other than that, you will have no life outside of this company. They overwork assistants and most days you don't get a lunch break and work 10+ hours in a day. They overbook the schedule and patients wait almost 3-4 hours in the chair to get treatment started. It is an assembly line. They constantly change office hours and add Saturdays without telling you and expect you to work the extra day. Regional Back Office Trainer is useless and always on vacation and if you are a Lead Assistant, you end up having to train all the new DAs at your office by yourself. After you go through the hard work and stress of training the new DAs, they take your DAs and put them in other offices.They have way too many meetings that are unnecessary and make you go to the office an hour or two before the work day begins. Doctors are money hungry and will make you stay past your shift. Turnover rate is high. I don't think any assistant has last more than a year in our region. If you have children, I do not recommend working for this company as an assistant, benefits coordinator, or manager because you won't ever see them. Salary is not competitive and no room to grow. Lead and Dental Assistants do not get paid enough for the amount of work and responsibilities they have. They are literally the backbone of the office and do not get much respect or acknowledgement at all. They have regional meetings every month and dental assistants never get acknowledged for "Employee of the Month". They only let hygienist,  more... doctors, or front office employees win. Office is responsible for housekeeping duties and front office do not help with cleaning (ex. bathrooms). I opened with a new office and thought it would get better over the months, but it did not. This region struggles to find new hygienists and assistants because of the insane work hours they expect you to work and low pay. The only positive for this job is working with a great manager and co-workers, but the stress from this job is not worth working for in my opinion.  less
Pros
Benefits and Modern Technology
Cons
Everything else
Not a great company to work for
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2018
Upper/middle management in this company Is lacking major insight. This company is based on who you know and hires unqualified people from outside based on friendships/family rather than promoting from within with qualified deserving employees. You are treated as a number to "make more money" for the company rather than do what is best for patients. I do not recommend working for pacific dental services.
Cons
No support from the management team/blame sayers
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 23, 2019
Working with PDS is quite interesting. You have the "We Believes" that are not really a believe of the organization at all. The 'We Believes" are often times used as a scapgoat method to terminate someones position. There is little to no support from the regional team, they are too busy telling mistruths and making themselves look good by blaming the staff that help them create a better place for the patients. The doctors are supposed to be supported which is misleading as well, dentists are thrown into a practice and told to produce. The doctors do attend a training program called ICE, but much of what is taught (?) or presented is not retained and the regional management does not follow through.
Cons
If you want to be miserable, work here
A huge dissappointment- Massachusetts Region
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachussettsFebruary 15, 2019
They suck you in with their “belief statements” and “giving back” propaganda. I even asked if they walked the talk at the interview and was assured it was the essence of their business. A couple months later it was crystal clear the head of the region said one thing and did another. Imahine walking down the hall of a newer office to join a scheduled manager meeting bright and early. You hear the head of the region “leader” speaking about you to the regional then demoted ops mgr. the person is expressing his concerns about you to the ops person infront of other managers in the room. Then join the room and hear how the mtg is about how to form excellent teams with trust and honesty. This was led by the person who just lost the trust of the manager hearing them speak openly about them to others. Then fast forward a couple weeks after you had a open discussion with them about what you heard them say and the concern you had about the unprofessionalism. All of the sudden you are the issue. Mind you the “concern was tardiness” and it was not time for the mtg to start as you walked to the room and heard them. All of the sudden you are seeing meetings/converstaions where upper mgmt comes in and talks with everyone but you behind closed doors as you are running the practice. Then you need to travel to see your parent who is dying and you must wait to leave after the day closes. You drive all night to get there by daybreak after working all day. This is after you have explained at the offer of the position that your parent was just told they cant do anything else for them and hospice is  more... the option. They say they will support you in that transisiton- but it was a lie. You return from aeeing your parent for a few hours until they took their last breath in fromt of you. You are told “you look like your dog just died” by the ops mgr who knows your parent passed two days prior. You just look at them as it isnt even comprehensible that a person in mgmt would say that to someone who came back to work with two days out from the death of a parent. This is how they support a staff of any level with the death of a parent? Where are their belief statements in action? How is it they brought in two folks with no people skills to start this region? The one who openly fiscusses staff and managers with no confidentiality. Yhe same one who told another manager “that their performance was taking food out of the mouths of his family” as she ran a new office with a revolving door of dentists, hygiene, front desk and extra managers hanging around training to be managers. So many clear examples of disregard for the humanity of the staff and patients. Very unprofessional behavior from the ops mgr over these new offices. Spending time telling stories of jumping off trains in Tennesse and sharing all about her dating app encounters to staff openly in the front office and trainings. Disturbing that the two of them expressed being unhappy with each other amongst the new hires and they were the two “leading” the region. I thought I had seen it all at other DSO’s but this experience with these two made me sick and hurt to the core. I left my prior job with no notice at their pushing for the start date but not having any time between when the background check completed a day before their proposed atart date. How do you walk out on another office for them and their preferred start date to be treated this way and it was all expected/demanded. That alone should have told me what kind of people they were. Never ever burning a bridge to start anywhere again. Very bad choice to take their offer and not have a back-up plan when they turned out to be another corporate monstosity.  less
Pros
None -all lies
Cons
Lies, unprofessionalism, inequalities in salary for same positions and gossip by upper mgmt of this area
Horrible Environment/Low Pay/TTraining/Bad Management/Extreme Hours Required
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2019
This is a horrible place to work. During the interview they tell you it's a balance of quality of work and personal life. Once hired it is work only, low pay and extreme amount of hours to work, They play favoritism and let other managers do what they want and others are constantly picked on. It's all about how much money your office generates vs. what each personnel member brings to the table. Managers do not help when you have questions. Work hours with all the reports and everything that is asked of you exceeds 50 hour work weeks and when you are salary and getting paid 45K it's not enough money for all they expect from you. They talk up all the training you get for the 4 months and it is horrible! They have alot of generic videos and tests but in house training is not organized at all so it doesn't help you to do the job and it doesn't cover everything you are going to need to get the job done. No growth opportunity.
Pros
sometimes discount dental work if your office is lacking customers
Cons
Pay/Management/Hours
Good company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Overall the company is great sometimes the owner doctors can be a little difficult to work with. Same corporate bs that happens in most places. They do give back a lot which is nice.
good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 1, 2019
it is a good job that helped me create new and lasting friendships. the training was good and I was able to take away quite a few things and use them in my day to day
friendly gentle dental services
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland, WAJanuary 26, 2019
cash discounts senior discounts most insurances accepted general dental practices nitros gas available hygienist and doctors staffed daily pediactric dentistry and adults welcome extractions root canal fillings sealants teeth cleanings periodontal cleanings teeth bleaching dental xrays etc
Run
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dfw TXDecember 7, 2018
Run in the opposite direction, it’s very unorganized and they don’t care for the employees. I was there a brief time and left a soon as I could. Don’t waste your time
Benefits
Unstable Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Unstable and deceptive from the top to the bottom. If you are not in leadership you don't matter. You can work hard and long and no one will notice you.
Pros
remote work
Cons
immature leadership
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  University Place, WADecember 27, 2018
PDS hired me right outside of school and didnt know what I would do. They gave me the opportunity to be able to grow as an assistant. My lead did such an amazing job with me! I was able to be left alone for months and be ther only assitant.
Pros
Healthcare, opportunity to grow
You will be Sorry
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Your only as good as the production that day. Upper management tend to place blame on others to protect themselves. They never back you up when you do exactly what they tell you to do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Dishonest company
Sad stupid place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 29, 2018
There is hardly anything coherent about this place. It is a great place if you are looking forward to losing your skill sets and enjoying a dull life. Timeline and strategic planning doesn’t mean much and Manager’s whims rule the day. Roles and responsibilities are reversed, and expensive products are bought without giving due consideration to its utility, use or applicability. With that said there are lots of cute faces around.
Pros
Easy dull life.
Cons
Lose all you skills to incompetent managers
Great experience
Benefits/Specialty Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Antelope, CANovember 13, 2018
I had been in the dental field for a few years before becoming employed with PDS, I learned a lot about management and a different kind of dentistry it was a great company overall to work for.
Pros
The experience
Cons
that it's a corporate I prefer private practice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Dental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss