Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
wasted years of my life
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
Hygienist should stay away. Heavy pressure to sell with no loyalty. PDS puts Hygienists against each other threatening the lower performer with losing their job. Several offices have 3 hygienists.
Pros
a job
Cons
NO loyalty
Pretty fun, friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 7, 2018
I was a volunteer at an event for Pacific Dental Services that took place on a ranch. My job was to distribute tee shirts, sign in attendees, and take care of animals at the petting zoo area.
Productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with the company within the year and 3 month, everyone worked as a team. It was a great place to work for but company had to relocate to Nevada.
Great Team Working Environment
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 2, 2018
I found working at Pacific Dental Services to be very positive. They have great engineering team that was friendly in assisting in transfer of knowledge and information necessary for the job role being performed.
Pros
Training from engineering team
Cons
expectations with calls taken/made and resolved
Declined
Dental Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 2, 2018
There needs to be more fluidity between departments & offices. It's a decent place to work, but favoritism is very strong. Message presented at the beginning of employment does not stay the same.
Cons
Pto & pay
Great healthy work environment
Traveling Specialty Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 2, 2018
Great job if you are not a parent and not married. Requires long hours and long drives. Must be ready to work in a fast paced environment. Must love to interact with patients everyday and listen to their story.
Sales oriented position, with budget at heart
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 1, 2018
this company is a great place for a salesman. If you are someone with a passion for sales and production this is the company for you. There are also required unpaid weekends to perform free dentistry (great for patients) and 8 hours to volunteer time that must be done during the week. Great heart within the company HQ but in the field things don't translate as such.
productive, fast paced enviornment
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 1, 2018
I loved working for Pacific Dental Services. They provided onsite training, and development opportunities. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance work and family.
Pros
advancement
Cons
na
Nice Company to work for
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAJuly 31, 2018
Overall this is a nice company. Most of the management team is great and patient. The front counter staff works well and most understand their jobs well.
Pros
clean and safe plce to work
Cons
can be short staffed
My time at PDS
Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2018
The company has been around for 23+ years, but it appears the executive team is quite immature. Favoritism influences many of the decisions, an unfortunate organizational trait.

The workplace culture could be good and a place to grow, but employee turnover is high because of the destructive people allowed to stay in their roles.
Pros
Smart and friendly people
Cons
Pending who you work for, efforts are not recognized or appreciated
Management is awful
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2018
The company is enticing because of the benefits offered but the management is awful in most offices.
Employee hours are never guaranteed.
Avoid it!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management sucks!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 18, 2018
Typical day was at the discretion of the owner doctor, everything from focusing on the schedule to marketing and planning events. It is a great place to work.
Corporate Dentistry
Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2018
This company is by far the worst company I have ever worked for management is disrespectful and uncareing if employees they lie to upon hiring you and make promises they cannot keep they want you to dedicate all of your time into this company. It’s not about the patients it’s about profit and how fast you can get as much work done in a day on as many patients as they can fit on the schedule. You do NOT get a lunch and end up working 10 plus hours a day with like to no recognition. They create a hostile work environment, but no one in upper management knows what is going on and do not communicate well .
Cons
Fun work place great people
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland dental groupJuly 12, 2018
I really like the company but would like to spend more time with my new born. Overall I love the staff my co workers were great . Had a lot of fun together as a team
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Great no complaints
Loved it
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 6, 2018
Pds was a great learning experience and thought me so much in Dental. Pds gave me the room to grow and established a greater understanding of the dental field.
nice quiet place for a more mellow pace
RDA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 29, 2018
it is a good place to grow and learn, a little more slow pace and quiet .very good in giving classes for credits and to grow .staff is very nice and helpful .
Pros
no weekends
Cons
traveled far
Typical work day
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 22, 2018
Very busy. Pay did not match work load. Dentists are very nice and easy to work with. Other RDAs very nice and great to work with. Other RDAs are not so great to work with.
Treatment Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 22, 2018
This is a fantastic Dental Services Organization to work for. I worked here during my senior year of college and about a year afterwards. I learned so many valuable skills here. They have great training programs, good management, and the opportunity for advancement. I now work for a dental distributor as a territory rep. Working for this company helped with my career advancement and taught me very valuable skills to utilize down the road. I left my job as a treatment coordinator in Scottsdale to move to Illinois. I was so sad to hear that PDS was not in Illinois. Should I not have moved (due to my significant other's job), I would have loved to build my career here.
Pros
Management, training, fast-paced
Cons
some politics with the higher-ups
Decent job
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
The job is pretty easy in itself. Everyone pretty much just comes and works and minds their own business. its a laid back place to work, but the deadlines can be difficult to reach at times. if you like data entry its not a bad place to work.
Pros
laid back
Cons
limited advancement
Learn new skills and meet great people
Patient Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2018
the company overall is a great place to work and figure out what it is that you want. however not enough advancements and can be based on favoritism. the company offers great benefits and teach you new skills but the pay is not enough for the stress you deal with at times with the constant changes and under staff.
benefits
Cons
pay and no flexibility in schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Dental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight