Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews

Overworked and underpaid
Every Kids Dentist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 17, 2018
They have great benefits as far as health care insurance and 401k. I had to learn on a few systems that were incredibly outdated and wished they would update so we could work smarter not harder. I did enjoy the patients and the experience as we completed treatment as trust was built.
Pds
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 13, 2018
PDS is a great company to work for. They focus on training to ensure that you are ready for your position. The leadership team cares about their teams and are willing to work hard!
Fast-paced but not for the faint of heart
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 24, 2018
Working in IT is a fast-paced job that requires you to be on your game ALL the time. There is no slacking, there is no blaming others because you didn't get the job you want. Nothing in life is handed to you so be prepared to work hard! The nice part is that if you do work hard you will get hired on and paid fairly. IT is growing at rapid speed here and we are hiring contractors to help with the workload. Unfortunately, when we hire people sometimes the skills they list don't match the skills they have. You can't expect to be paid as a manager when your skills line up more to an entry-level analyst at best. It's rough but in order for our team to function we HAVE to have the best people who are able to get their job done without having their hand held 24/7.
I have worked for the company for almost 2 years and I have been given many opportunities to prove myself and move up. I have never seen any sexism or racism in my position and feel very blessed to have a boss that bases his decision on the person's actual work.
Pros
Great pay, opportunity to advance, collaborative environment, flexibility, and challenging
Cons
Benefits aren't the best (health) and parking is a huge pain.
Poor management and skill sets go unrecognized in terms of financial compensation. Great Doctors as well as Hygienists
Dental Assistant- EDDA (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2018
Pacific dental services is a great place to start your career and gain experience. Once you have reached your maximum potential the company will no longer help to advance you in your career.
Pros
Great Doctors as well as Hygienists
Cons
Poor management
Management miscommunication, too many trying to be the boss. One dentist was great.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Wildomar, CASeptember 19, 2018
I was an intern for Wildomar, the woman who brought me on was charming and kind, and very helpful. However, the minute she was ill and took time off, another person in the department took it upon herself to lead and terminated my internship simply because I had to leave at my scheduled time. Its not free work, its intern training.
Pros
Busy office
Cons
Corporate too focused on expansion.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
focus is only on how many offices they can open rather than develop what is already established.Training and coaching not done by upper management, you have to fend for yourself.
Hardest part about my job
REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENIST (Current Employee) –  AZ and ORSeptember 9, 2018
The hardest part about being an hourly employee. They do not like paying OT. They will, of course, they just don't like people going over 40 hours per week.
Pros
Able to travel
Cons
No OT
Bitter-Sweet workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 6, 2018
Love the PPE standard that has been a core value of the company. When done right it truly is the Perfect Patient Experience. The best part of the job is being able to help the patients. Worst part is the management and getting ANY time off. It may have been just the certain offices I have worked for under Pacific Dental Services.
Fast-paced work environment
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2018
A typical day at PDS was busy and hectic but always left me feeling productive and fulfilled. Upper management was very involved in the daily operations. The office atmosphere was light and fun. I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company.
just an ok place to work
Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2018
PDS is mostly concerned with the bottom line. They rule by intimidation. I didn't feel like much more than a cog in the wheel that was tolerated so work could get done.
Pds
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2018
Awesome company to work for, team members are all awesome and super understanding. They reimburse almost anything work related which is super awesome. I recommend this company to anyone!
Good as a 1st job only
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  North las vegas nvSeptember 3, 2018
Not competitive pay. I would stay late sometimes, even leave at 8 PM and would not even get overtime for it. Hours are terrible they keep you at around 35-38. My 1 yr working here and I have only hit 40 hrs twice. They give you a raise once a year.
Good thing is they are willing to teach.
Pros
Good for teaching people straight out of extern
Cons
Stingy with hours and unfair pay
Lacks, do your research
Licensed Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 30, 2018
I gave this company a year of my time with tons of growth and potential. While with the company I have experienced some of the worst employee treatments by far!!! First and foremost the company and superior employees lack professionalism, compassion and value of their employees. You would think being through 3 Dentist; variety of staff changes; transfers to multiple locations, the company would value loyalty but that was never the case. The company promises false growth. The lack of communication is the absolute worst and that is not directed in one specific office it is across the board. I was promised growth as far as title changes, CE credit opportunities, cross training and received none of the above. On many occasions I expressed my concern and the stress of the working environment but my voice was never heard or priorities made. The company is money hungry. My experience with the company was very unforntunate but seems to be the ending result for a lot of previous employees.
Cons
Lies and ill behaved doctors and RMs
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 26, 2018
Don’t let the values or the we believes fool you, they are for saving face. People in the field are treated badly and doctors are untouchable and can treat people horribly with no accountability. It’s all about the money and doctors, the staff is replaceable. Sad
Pros
Cons
Horrible treatment of staff from A-Z
Typical Dental Corporate Job
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 23, 2018
The clinician will be told how to do their job by management with no dental experience. You will work late hours due to management pushing same day treatment and pricey procedures for production goal. This company cares more about production goals than what the patients actually need. Once things slow down you will have to take 2 hour lunch breaks, cut your hours, then your days. Absolutely no job security and ethics will constantly be in question as the provider.
benefits
Cons
no job security, ethics, poor management
Great Company
Sr. Specialist University Relations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 23, 2018
Great company to work for and with a lot of opportuity for growth. The corporate environment can be cut throat and management has a lot of room for improvement.
Pros
Pay
No job security
LEAD RDA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 18, 2018
Working with pds for 6 years you would think you would have a little bit of job security. But that all just depends on how close you are with managment. Once people in the office start leaving and changing, your job might not be there. Managment plays favoritism. And if you are not able to work the schedule, Monday-saturday( that constantly changes) it looks bad on you. They will make you work half days so you can work 6 days with out getting overtime. Also you want to always check your paycheck to make sure no one is messing with hours. Management changes times so they don't have to pay overtime! Hours can be very long. Some days I would work 7-7 because they didn't want to hire more people to cover. They are also very cheap when it comes up paying assistants. They never pay what someone is worth else you know someone. And they constantly ask you to do things not in your duties.
Cons
The Company is good Some of the people they hire are not
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2018
PDS is a good company to work for. IF you have good superiors, you can truly thrive within the company. That is a big IF. I have met many wonderful people in the company, unfortunately, I worked under may people that only cared about sales ( I understand it is a business, But when my 2 yr old has a 105 temp- I expect to go home, not return and finish my work with a sick 2 year old) and not as much about the people working with them. They offer a good compensation program and complete health care. They also have many classes and plenty of opportunity to grow.
Pros
health benefits, free immunizations
Cons
stressful, do not care about family as much as CEO would like
Wonderful place to work
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 14, 2018
I have worked at many offices and this company exceeds my expectations. They offer benefits and a retirement fund, which a lot of offices don’t. It is a pretty stress free environment and I am able to just focus on my dental hygiene duties.
Just like any other dental office
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
The only difference from PDS to other dental offices are the hours. Nothing about this company screams work for us!!!
They under pay their employees and don't give out yearly raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Dental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight