Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews

Run
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dfw TXDecember 7, 2018
Run in the opposite direction, it’s very unorganized and they don’t care for the employees. I was there a brief time and left a soon as I could. Don’t waste your time
Benefits
Dental assistant
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2018
Great place to grow and expand dental knowledge.
Opportunity to move up. Great benefits..........................

Horrible work schedule
Non flexable
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible work schedule
Don't do it
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  NevadaNovember 27, 2018
This place is a joke! You work hard and do a great job, but if you aren't part of the clique your job security is out the window. Childish behaviour and managment should be replaced! Supervisors hanging out with certain employees. Going to lunch and shopping together. Talk about other employees and if someone over hears what has been said, they better not open their mouth or they will be gone soon!! Supervisor sits and plays games on their phone.. HIPAA violations everyday!! I once got a message intended for someone else, the supervisor talking horribly about another employee. This place needs to follow their "we believes" that they try to pound into your brains. (Ask a supervisor to recite even one) lol. I absolutely love my job duties! Management needs an overhaul!!! You do get benefits but in the long run it's not even worth it..
Pros
Doing my job
Cons
Management, cliques and favortism
Competitive environment with high standards and great values
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 26, 2018
PDS is a great place to work with lots of opportunities to grow with the company. The company has grown immensely over the past 12 years and continues to grow, so job security is high and opportunities are high.
Pds
Receptionist/Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CANovember 21, 2018
PDS is a great company to work for to teach you great work ethic. With that being said, compensation is not great and the hours worked are very extreme at times.
Great experience
Benefits/Specialty Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Antelope, CANovember 13, 2018
I had been in the dental field for a few years before becoming employed with PDS, I learned a lot about management and a different kind of dentistry it was a great company overall to work for.
Pros
The experience
Cons
that it's a corporate I prefer private practice
No Communication
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 8, 2018
The office I worked for about 8 months changed office managers and doctors more than I can count. All they care about is them making money and doing everything fast even if its half done. The office manager changes our schedule and other major things without telling us until the day before, if at all. A very money hungry place. They are so focused on making money that they are treating their staff horrible and don't get paid that great. The turn over rate is ridiculous.
Pros
offers insurance, some people are nice
Cons
everything else
PDS- Fantastic Company*
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 7, 2018
PDS is an amazing company to work for. If you are willing to work hard, it pays off. The people in this company are amazing - from the doctors to everyone in the offices. PDS and the doctors have developed my leadership skills, allowing me to grow within the company. Core Values are highly integrated and the technology is continuously growing. Again, amazing company!
A good company but overly financially driven
Worker (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 4, 2018
Although the Perfect Patient Experience is discussed almost daily in morning huddle, I feel that the main goal for this company is not 1st caring for patients but increasing company profits.
Great Company
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eden PrairieNovember 4, 2018
Being in dentistry for over 20 years I have seen a lot, Joining Pacific Dental Services has been the best decision of my career. The Providers are amazing and always striving to learn more to advance their knowledge in providing the best care to their patients. I absolutely love everything about this company!!
Pros
The Team
Terrible company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MOOctober 25, 2018
This job is terrible! All they care about is money! Not their patients or employees! They pay terribly and have the worst hours so the only time you can spend with your family is Sunday’s. The management is dishonest. They are terrible at scheduling patients appointments, you will either be running around crazy or struggling to find something to do. There is no discount or dental insurance, you will most likely have to pay more than the patients do if you would like to get any dental work done. But on the plus side, SOME of the doctors are nice to work with.
Pros
Some doctors are nice
Cons
Everything else
Bad company
Representative (Former Employee) –  IrvingOctober 24, 2018
Don't waste your time. Rude people who do not care and just judge. Parking is horrible. I would not recommend to anyone who wants a good job that cares about their employees.
Great company to work for
Specialty Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 22, 2018
Great company to work for-would highly recommend-hours are great-get weekends off-doctors are great-staff is great- love pds through and through- plan on being here for years
Productive work place
SPECIALTY DENTAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2018
A typical work day is all about Endo.
I learned how specialty works.
Management need some work on dealing with problems in office and with other people trying to get people fired.
Overworked and underpaid
Every Kids Dentist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 17, 2018
They have great benefits as far as health care insurance and 401k. I had to learn on a few systems that were incredibly outdated and wished they would update so we could work smarter not harder. I did enjoy the patients and the experience as we completed treatment as trust was built.
Pds
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 13, 2018
PDS is a great company to work for. They focus on training to ensure that you are ready for your position. The leadership team cares about their teams and are willing to work hard!
It's all about making money for the company
Dental Hygienist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNOctober 6, 2018
Non-clinical office manager dictates what is done. They dentists with high salaries who listen to non-clinical management that dictate treatment with no budget to buy necessary PPE and other supplies and equipment. Horrible place to work if you have a conscience or value your patients.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Everything else.
Fast-paced but not for the faint of heart
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 24, 2018
Working in IT is a fast-paced job that requires you to be on your game ALL the time. There is no slacking, there is no blaming others because you didn't get the job you want. Nothing in life is handed to you so be prepared to work hard! The nice part is that if you do work hard you will get hired on and paid fairly. IT is growing at rapid speed here and we are hiring contractors to help with the workload. Unfortunately, when we hire people sometimes the skills they list don't match the skills they have. You can't expect to be paid as a manager when your skills line up more to an entry-level analyst at best. It's rough but in order for our team to function we HAVE to have the best people who are able to get their job done without having their hand held 24/7.
I have worked for the company for almost 2 years and I have been given many opportunities to prove myself and move up. I have never seen any sexism or racism in my position and feel very blessed to have a boss that bases his decision on the person's actual work.
Pros
Great pay, opportunity to advance, collaborative environment, flexibility, and challenging
Cons
Benefits aren't the best (health) and parking is a huge pain.
Poor management and skill sets go unrecognized in terms of financial compensation. Great Doctors as well as Hygienists
Dental Assistant- EDDA (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2018
Pacific dental services is a great place to start your career and gain experience. Once you have reached your maximum potential the company will no longer help to advance you in your career.
Pros
Great Doctors as well as Hygienists
Cons
Poor management
Management miscommunication, too many trying to be the boss. One dentist was great.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Wildomar, CASeptember 19, 2018
I was an intern for Wildomar, the woman who brought me on was charming and kind, and very helpful. However, the minute she was ill and took time off, another person in the department took it upon herself to lead and terminated my internship simply because I had to leave at my scheduled time. Its not free work, its intern training.
Pros
Busy office
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Dental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss