Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Employee Reviews

review
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2019
although it was a contract position, it taught me a lot about work ethics and skills. I had an amazing boss and wonderful coworkers.

the job could get stressful at times but we always banded together and made it work
productive place with always scope to grow
Senior Data and QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 21, 2019
Great place and teams to work with; productive place with always scope to grow; Great benefits includes - Healthcare, Vacations, Sick time off, Volunteering opportunities etc. Leadership is encouraging the teams to excel in their work and support to learn new skill sets.
Pros
Healthcare, Vacations, Sick time off
Excellent for Contract Work
Sr. IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2019
I worked as a contactor at PG&E for two years and enjoyed the experience! There is a 2 year limit for contractors. You must then take 6 months off before being eligible for another contract.
Pros
Working downtown
Cons
Commute
Everyone is always willing to teach
Rotational Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 14, 2019
The company is spread across California with an amazing work culture. Everyone is very collaborative and willing together to accomplish tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing people that make work feel like family.
Great Company
Retired (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2019
PG&E is a good company to work. I enjoyed working with the people at the organization, the salary and the benefits are excellent. They offer many services to their employees.
Pros
Yearly "Stip" check. Discount on PG&E bill.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 6, 2019
Good work/life balance as long as department is properly staffed. Love the people that work here, everyone is willing to help each other out. Lots of turn over in management.
Great people
Communications Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2019
Worked with great people across all lines of business during a difficult time for the company. At the time, the workplace culture instilled a renewed commitment to safety and ultimately to the company's customers.
Complex, Stressful and Challenging
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 5, 2019
PG&E is a BIG and complex company. I'm confident that the average consumer has no idea how difficult it is to maintain utilities. Weather, wildfires, consumer damage to equipment etc. are all under the umbrella of care that PG&E provides. HOWEVER, you'd think that a company this size would use more sophisticated data management systems to support employees i.e. a central facility directory; connectivity between departments and functions to save time and access to day to day information. Formal processes are lacking in many areas and efficiency is severely impeded by the long-term culture. You literally have to know who knows to find what you're looking for. By no means am I saying PG&E is careless, casual or irresponsible in their culture or management of their responsibilities, only that as an employee you are often weighed down by the lack of organization within and the exceptions that are granted to long term leaders that may have never worked outside of PG&E. Makes it a challenge to get things done.
Pros
People, Pay and Benefits
Cons
Internal systems are lacking and frustrating
PG&E is a better place to work. It has a good benefits and pay.
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2019
PG&E helped you to work independently with less supervision. It helps you to improve your time management. It helps you to become punctual, a good leader. PG&E always comply and practice SAFETY every meeting. PG&E always concern about employees safety, health issue and more.... PG&E provide you all the resources to become more productive and to meet company daily goals.
Pros
they provide coffee, tea in the lounge. free lunch if you met your monthly quota or team goal.
Cons
strict in attendance.
Solid engineering group, interesting work, easy commute
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2019
I was a contractor at PG&E, helping to work on their SCADA systems, which were very complex and critically important to help run and monitor PG&Es many systems. The technology was a bit dated, but the people you worked with were solid and made the job well worth it.
Pros
Important system, good people, nice environment
Cons
Management was lukewarm and didn't try to pursue using more recent technology
Smooth Job Culture
Computer Client Field/ Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2019
Friendly interactive activities
the workload was never slow
Great team members
its a great place for longterm employment
They have great Benefits packages
Director (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 21, 2019
PG&E has given me the opportunity to grow and learn. I was able to make an impact in several areas including making things better for our customers. Unfortunately after camp fire and bankruptcy, the company is trying to find its path again
Mentorship was above and beyond
Senior Communication & Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2019
I was lucky enough to have a mentor who really took the time to understand my career goals when I first began working at PG&E. He was also my boss and the person who hired me so it meant even more to me that he wanted to help push me into the next role i was seeking.
Pros
Charitable donation matching, great benefits
Cons
At times there was uncertainty about work, budget etc
Typical Day at Work
Gas Operations Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 14, 2019
Every team I worked with was short staffed and we never had enough resources to complete the amount of work we had. Our PR and morale was at an all time low, and it was difficult to retain employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Benefits
Great Company to Work For!
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2019
PG&E is a great organization that works hard to provide energy for California. I have gained substantial experience supporting their projects and am proud to be a part of their company.
Very open to diverse culture, fun in spite of fast-paced work.
Senior Director/Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2019
I would recommend working for PG&E any time to friends and family. The company culture fosters diversity. It recognizes and promotes balance between work and home life.
Pros
Recognition lunches and bonuses
Cons
Very fast paced
Good company/good pay
Government Relations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2019
Overall, this a good company to work for from a pay/benefits perspective. As with any large organization (20,000+ employees) often times the bureaucracy prevents accomplishing goals in a timely manner.
They're bankrupt, why did I write this?
Foreign Material Exclusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Avila Beach, CAApril 5, 2019
Who knows what the future will bring. The company allegedly started some wildfires that destroyed a lot of property. Now that they declared bankruptcy, who knows how they will be bailed out or dissolved.
Pros
much money
Cons
no life
Goal Oriented
Sr Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 2, 2019
I worked for this company for 35 years. During my employment the company was consistently results and safety focused. There was no question as to the direction to be taken to perform well in one's job nor the standards that were to be met. Metrics were a big driver to performance.

Management was pressured at times which affected performance and tact when providing direction to employees; however, one learned to deal with the various situations and give grace when grace was necessary.

If given the opportunity, I would, indeed, work for them again.
Quick Learner. Usually always Excel at duties required
CSR/Utility Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAApril 1, 2019
As a customer service representative I handled a high volume of incoming calls dealing with complex billing questions and emergency response issues. Excelled in AHT guidelines.

As a utility machine operator I partnered with coworkers to run a Pitney Bowes inserter machine. Placed mail by zip codes, tagged trays. Enclosed trays in sleeves and stacked onto a pallet then took the pallet to be shrink wrapped. Normal volume of each pallet was about 10,000 bills each and average volume was about 15-20 pallets per day.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss