Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Employee Reviews

Good Career
Assist by phone and computer internal (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 16, 2018
It's a good career. There are a lot of job opportunity. I really like the place. I enjoy working with customer's and my coworkers. The day goes by fast in this fast pace environment.
Good Organization
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2018
PG &E is a good company to learn new stuff. But i spent very little time with them.I worked as a contractor. Its good organization to learn new stuff.
Contract Project Manager
Project Manager/Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2018
From a contract position point of view, I learned a lot working at PG&E. It was fast paced, but was afforded the luxury to work autonomously. At times it was difficult to find the appropriate support and/or how best to escalate issues or concerns. As a contractor, it was a challenge of being accepted by actual PG&E employees, even if I worked as hard as them.
Easy work
Mailroom Clerk/Compliance Dept Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 10, 2018
The culture there was inviting and friendly. I would go back there again if they hire me again.
My manager was the sweetest. I was in charged of the mailroom and made sure all packages were signed, stamped and ready to go out for other locations by 7am.
Pros
Discount on electricity
Cons
It was a lonely job. no other worker in the office.
Fun, fast paced, dangerous, al ot of walking and driving
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 8, 2018
The hardest part of the job was dogs. the best part is freedom and working outside.You know exactly how your day will be because you have your same route. The pay was excellent a great place to grow.
Pros
pay is excellent
Cons
hard to to get on permanent
Lots of Work but not enough skilled resources
IT Project Manager/SharePoint Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2018
Good company, great innovative team. Project managers are respected and PMO community is very collaborative. Overall, PGE has alot of opportunities within.
Pros
Lots of work, collaborative
Cons
May be very political especially in Corp office
Working at PG&E is very funny and good encouragement to give more productive.
data reviewer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 4, 2018
Working at PG&E is very good encouragement to give more productive.

The Workplace culture is very good.

The most joyful part is going to their field substations and other field properties.

I learnt from the managment is discipline, hardwork, commitment towards work.
Pros
They used provide the lunch and cakes and snacks.
Cons
Some time whenever required we used to work for long hours.
Great Crews very helpful and well trained
Telecom installer Utility Worker Experienced (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 26, 2018
As a hiring hall employee you will answer a job listing and it can be listed for a few weeks or a year this is not a Guarantee that is one of the things I dislike about the Co. I have several years as a hiring hall employee and I have been trying to get a full time permanent position with PG&E for years. I am number one in the books at the hall and you would think they would want somebody with that much experienced.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not knowing how long a job is going to last.
PGE talks a lot about supporting veterans but they treat them terrible.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 21, 2018
Ask a former vet, they fire them like crazy and don't accommodate for disabilities. They treat contractors as the enemy, not a team member. The driving factor for employees is to make money and do nothing,
Pros
Pay
Cons
Back stabers, treat vets terrible.
pg&e: employees working together
System Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 20, 2018
PG&E deals in Gas & Electricity. With both being volatile, employees are usually serious about what they do. Rather they take their job seriously, and they should. The field workers (linemen) are well trained and do their job safely and proficiently. There is a pride that every PG&E employee has, be it in an office or in the field. It comes from the days when the company was looked at with softer eyes. A tmen or crew were heros when they'd re-energize an outage particularly following or in the middle of a big storm. It's less so now days, but still true to some degree. On a typical day our (work) group of as many as 10 (usually less) total had 3 daily "A" desks or hot seats as they are sometimes called, Others worked a swingshift and a graveyard shift. The job requires 24 hour coverage. The three (at times with supplemental help) would divide the work somewhat equally while preparing to get barraged with field personnel wanting to know and get direction about their planned or emergent work. All of us tried to do our best to keep planned work on track while dealing with outages and other work emergencies. All the while balancing digital maps, reporting, dealing with field employees, rules, computer equipment (SCADA), unforeseen issues and requests from supervisors. The hardest part of the job is juggling and prioritizing the work while maintaining alertness and staying cut in so that everyone goes home safely. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people I work with (field) and beside.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
large company (similar to government)

Want to know more about Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)?

Ask a question
Very Good Intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed this internship. The environment was very friendly, however sometimes slow-paced. It was a great experience and I learned many skills from this internship.
Pros
Friendly Enviorment
Cons
Slow Paced
Stable company, slow to change
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2018
Very stable company, but incredibly slow to change. Company needs to compensate or more monetary/stock incentives to their employees. Typical 40 hour a week job.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Compensation
Ok, but not this maager
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2018
First time manager who thought creative writing assignments assigned on Wed and due on Thurs when the latter end of the week is the busiest...manager never showed up for 1:1 meetings.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Maagement is disconnected
my review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJune 11, 2018
Pacific Gas and Electric is a great company to work for if you have the flexibility to move around and travel when needed. You may even need to relocate if wanting to work for company.
Lots of Car Travel
Change Lead, Expert (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 8, 2018
A typical day would be either in the office in San Ramon or in the car going all over Northern California to different offices. I did a lot of web page building for different IT projects. The car travel was the hardest part while the most enjoyable was my co-workers.
Pros
Employee Discount on Utilities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2018
It is a very good place to work. Many hard working and excellent professionals make a different for PG&E customers. The work life balance is good and sometimes remote work is allowed.
Work Environment
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2018
Excessive work hours required lead to burnout
Minimal emotional intelligence in leadership
competitive work environment
shared bonus pool was fair
Pros
Shared bonus pool
Cons
long work hours
Productive place to work
Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMay 21, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Treated all employee's fair. Extremely professional group of people that work together for the common goal. Management gives the employee's direction but, allows them enough space to do their job.
Pros
Excellent supervisors
Organizational changes & Communication is poorly managed
Sr Consultant - Program Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 16, 2018
Too many organizational changes and virtually no downward communication. As a consultant I was not allowed to participate in any organizational changes or communications.
Pros
Focus on Safety
Cons
Lack of communication and job stability
management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 15, 2018
PG&E needs to work on having better leaders in the company. company needs to make sure employees have better work life balance. Needs to believe in their employees and have a better compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.8Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.