Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Employee Reviews

Positive Setting but not much upward mobility
Senior Business System Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 16, 2019
People can be really nice to work with and have great knowledge of the work. However, it may take time to move up/get promoted. Depending on the job, there may not be much work/life balance.
It is a company that promotes and recognizes leadership, safety and togetherness! It has training centers that inspire and promotes
Gatekeeper - powerline foreman (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 16, 2019
A average day would start with accountability, greetings and tailboard... given assignments … promoting a strong safety culture... and the awareness of individual involvement doing their part in a team environment...
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 14, 2019
Love working here. Company is a great place to work for. Enjoy the family environment and the different cultures. Love the different possibilities of positions you can choose from.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and retirement.
Cons
Call center schedules
A fund Work Place
Senior Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 11, 2019
Managers were good, fun people to work with. They were very supportive and tried to help me as much as they could particularly in my first few days as a consultant there.
Great learning environment
Electric Engineer/ Estimator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 11, 2019
So much to learn and it's amazing to put it to work. Great company culture and it seems like everyone likes to see you succeed. The company creates a desire for you to learn and to continue on to higher levels of employment.
Good, professional place to work
Turnkey Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2019
Smart, professional people. People work a normal 8 to 5 pm work day. Downside is I worked for a supervisor who didn't have much to do and tried to micromanage me to justify his position. Eventually I had to leave.
not bad, not mind blowing either
Design Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 9, 2019
Was ok place to work, decent, good work life balance, they tried to work things out with me, nice people there, pay could have been higher, it's up to you
Great place to collaborate
Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2019
Great place to collaborate. Employees stays there for 16,20,25,30 years. My boss have been there for 16 years, and even after all the negative stories we hear, she is still in love with our company.
Excellent opportunity
Certified HSE Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2019
Given my background is mostly in the Oil and Gas industry, I did further my career in electrical safety. I was also asked to keep the public informed on a daily basis of our progress on keeping our lives safe from wildfires.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Working in really isolated areas.
I loved working for PG&E and would love to work there again.
Expert Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 29, 2019
Loved working for PGE. It is a great place to work at with great leadership and officer team. People there are motivated and dedicated to their job with safety as their top priority.
Life at PGE
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2019
It’s very volatile. Work life balance is nonexistent and management is in survival mode causing a lot of “Authoritarian” like Leadership. No bonus payments were made in 2018 and the company in in Chapter 11. It’s not the best place to be employed at.
PG and E
Energy Center Support staff (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2019
Great Bay area company that hand picks and scouts theire own talent and belie es in them. It was a great job that I wish I sti was at. But I was too young to understand big money corporations and how they operate. You live and you leE
Productive and Excellent Team
Oracle Cloud HCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2019
Very good team to work with achieving or producing a significant amount or result.The combined action of the company, especially when effective and efficient.
Productive and fun workplace
Document Processor (Law) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2019
Helpful and friendly! I've learned a lot in the law department how regulatories filings are processed and the types of contracts/filings need to be in compliance with the court processing.
productive busy work place
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 21, 2019
busy start most days calling on crews to work , creftman trade skills, workplace culture safe lots of training , dealing with irate customers , keeping the lights on
Not important
Welding / Coating Inspector (Former Employee) –  VariousAugust 20, 2019
Not important, I do the job according to the specification and don't have any issues . Every job is different, every location is different. Just the understanding of the specification and applying it to the task.
great work environment
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Avila Beach, CAAugust 20, 2019
This has been a good place to work at, Pg&e provides a positive work environment with a dedication to safety and job completion. Management and personnel work together closely to ensure the jobs get done right and efficiently. The benefits provided are second to none.
Amazing Company full with Nice Employees
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 16, 2019
The week I was there everyone was nice, both as a Site Supervisor and as an Intern. Everything went as planned during the internship and many my interns that I supervised had a great time being there as well.
Real sense of purpose, community and safety
Sr. Learning Strategiest, Principle (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 11, 2019
PG&E is a great place to work. Dedicated to the community, safety, and affordability. Heavy emphasis on the environment and always doing what is right for the customer rate payers. Work is challenging and we are all driven to do better and take on new challenges.
Great place to work.
Gas Operations Construction Contracts Supervisor/A (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 11, 2019
Great place to work. Tremendous investments in their employee development. Afford a lot of movement including job rotations. Masters degrees preferred, preferably from a top college required for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight