Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Employee Reviews

United States943 reviews

utilitycontractorsafetyelectriccaliforniabalancecultureproject

Started off good

But within months became difficult with additional tasks assigned and no resources. Coworkers were great, but management wouldn’t listen to valid concerns and has just gotten worse.

Typical Fortune 500 company getting run down

Upper management is worthless, always trying to reinvent the wheel. Company is run by a bunch of people that have no real world experience. Retirement and benefits have gone from the best around to barely mediocre. They always push that working there is like a family environment but the only family I’ve seen there is dysfunctional. You can’t trust anyone in upper management and they only tell you what you want to hear even though it’s a complete lie

Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Very professional company, always consider PG&E

Great career, if you have to work somewhere this is the promise land!Wish I was treated like this back in the south. East Tennessee could learn from their company model

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Retirement ??

Love My Job - PG&E Has Been Good 2 Me

Love my job and love working for PG&E! Perfect no, but great company to work for and have made life time friends. After 27 plus years and changing of a few supervisors, managers, Directors and VPs, I still love my job. As with any company, it’s has it work moments of overloads. I’m a Happy employee at PG&E. sxbk

Hiring Hall Operating Clerk

Great company, benefits and pay. Favoritism runs the business amongst management/supervisors. That won’t ever change.IBEW1245 union reps never do there jobs. It takes forever to hear back or answer questions.Don’t ever count on them.

Freedom to work remote and independently for a great leadership team!

Pacific Gas and Electric Company is a great company to work for but unfortunately due to budget issues they are now offering severance packages to hundreds of employees. Thank you.

Pros

Able to work independently and room for growth

Cons

Too many budget issues

Great company to work

The best company i have worked for. Values their employees and are genuinely concerned about about their work life balance. Pay a upper tier livable wage thanks to the partnership with IBEW local 1245.

work from home.

hard to connect to employees through work from home. Managers do not update you on your performance. You get assigned into groups and have to report on a weekly basis.

Diversity

The good: Company has a diverse workforce. I never met a bad employee for the most part. The bad: Not all managers are good. You have to advocate for yourself.

Don’t work here

Unrealistic expectations won’t ever work here again. Managers suck and they care more about profits than employees. Metrics are unrealistic and they don’t give help when asking.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Favoritism

Great pay and benefits.

Everyone seems to be fairly compensated for their experience. Benefits are great if you have a family. There's plenty of work to go around so the job kind of becomes your life.

Great workplace

Great company, pay, benefits, pension and people. The hours are great. Management really wants you to succeed. Training is the best I've ever had....

Labor intensive

As a gas service representative, the job can be labor intensive most of the time. The compensation and benefits are great. Possibility to work in different positions and see which fits you best.

Productive environment, high expectations

Well compensated. Low risk employee hiring practices. Great place to learn a trade, unfortunately no state recognized operator qualifications or certifications are given, so when you leave, all qualifications remain internally within the company .

Pros

Virtually impossible to get fired unless you fail drug testing

Cons

Work life balance will eventually not exist

Good compensation

Had to commute to San Ramon and San Francisco office. Good culture and treatment of contractors and employees are not so different when managing work and good team work.

Good Company

Management sucks. They only hire family members and people they know. Do not follow procedures or guidelines. New Supervisors are not trained properly.

Lots of work if you want it

Lots of work if you want it. If you don’t you can go home. Except for storm time then you stay like everyone else. Pays my bills management ok. Some good some bad.

Work team is great

I started as a contractor and became full time. Grateful for the opportunity to work and learn at work. I love working in my team and they support me. It’s a great team!

Awesome pay awesome benefits.

Working for PG&E you are set for life. I unfortunately moved out of the state so I couldn't stay. It's really the customers that make the job hard so if you have a position that doesn't require you interacting with customers then you basically have the best job in California. Call center is hard because they are STRICT about quality assurance and everyone who doesn't work for the company basically hates PG&E so they will take it out on you when they call.

Pros

Gift cards, benefits, work from home, pay is AMAZING

Cons

short breaks, micromanaged on time (basically forces you to use the bathroom during breaks), customers hate the company

Excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and job culture.

after trying for 3+ years I finally got my first interview with PG&E and was offered the job. I plan to finish out my career here and look forward to what the future holds for me here.

Pros

Benefits, working remote, and team morale

Challenging & rewarding

A good opportunity to gain experience with utilizes and exposure to government administration process. There are good people and the field staff is helpful.

Common questions about Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)

Answered by current and former employees at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) with

• Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)