Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Employee Reviews

Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Regulatory Compliance Consultant

Good company, loved my coworkers but management was inexperienced and insecure. Company was hesitant to follow guidance before bankruptcy so maybe they are better now with a new CEO.

Pros

Lunch on site, location to public transportation and the piers.

Cons

Depends

Great Company that cares

This is the first company that I’ve worked for that goes above and beyond for their employees. Along with bonuses and great pay they give you paid time off as “health time” to focus on your well being. Safety is key, the #1 priority at PG&E, if it isn’t safe don’t do it, no matter the job or cost. The possibilities and growth within the company is limitless and management is very willing to help you throughout your career.

Pros

An abundance of company perks…bonuses, 401k, benefits, free time off etc etc

Cons

None as of now

Excellent place to work and an amazing company

Love working with PGE Apply yourself and you will not regret it. PG&E is an amazing company to work for. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t receive a call or email right away, just keep applying for the position you desire and that you may be qualified for.

Pros

Great support all around

Cons

None, all about what you make it.

They will train you for the job.

Overall a great place to work. They have issues with management taking the company in directions they have no business doing. Middle-management does not understand what the employee that does the work does.

Pros

Once you know your job, they leave you alone.

Cons

Middle-management

Micromanagement of Professionals.

Very little autonomy even after having 15+ years of senior experience with other companies and organizations. Default position is one of lack of trust. It's clear PG&E has a cultural problem in certain business units of confusing activity for progress and a lack of trust in employees. So much attention is paid to all the wrong things. Be prepared to be treated like a child; the military was actually better in this respect and that's shocking.CEO has the ability and the vision to chnage the company for the better but its a long road ahead.

Pros

Great benefit package. Remote work flexibility.

Cons

Middling to poor compensation. Very weak management at working level.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Lots of Bureaucracy and Favoritism

Worked as an engineer in a Transmission Planning department. Did not really learn much and the management shows favoritism. Also, the smart motivated engineers switch to work for Generation Developers or become consultants.

Pros

Benefits, Unionized Employees

Cons

Bad Management

Overall great company to work for

Ample oppotunities for advancement; some non union positions are not compensated properly for their level of responsibility. Supervisors may eran less than their Union subordinates.

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits

Cons

Pay dispairities at Management level

Non contemporary company

Top down traditional organization. Limited employee input and involvement. Risk and change averse. Hierarchical. Continuously changing top leadership. Different culture especially for women.

fun place to work at

I like the type of work that I will be able to do each and every day. This will keep me look forward to coming in every day. I will all so get pay the right amount of money to keep me happy with my job.

It was a fun job but it was also very fulfilling work

I think it helped me further developed my leading skills. It enhanced my presentation skills and it really channeled my efficiency. But what it did for me most was give me the opportunity to prove to myself what I was capable of.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

None. People complain, I usually don’t bite the hand that feeds me

Jobs at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)

See more jobs

Director was head hunting

My Director continued to try to fire me due to he disliked me and I was honest and open with his unfair favoritism. Work was good, pay was good. My immediate GF was great to me, but I felt I had to always watch my back since the Director was head hunting. Ironically, after I left and moved to Texas, the Director resigned and moved back to a field job.

Pros

excellent pay and benefits

Cons

youre a number not a person

Unprofessional

Overpaid workers who failed to get projects done on time. Very little accountability. Employees were very private and failed to smile much. Deadlines and deliverables were always failing within the group I was in. Considerable govt red tap involved resulting in long time frames to get employees/contractors vetted so they could access the required systems. In talking with long term employees and retirees it seems many things have never changed. Resulting in repairs not being completed on a timely basis. Could not leave fast enough. Within 6 months after leaving 5 others within the team were let go. Poor mgmt accountability and the ability to lead employees.

Pros

high pay

Cons

disorganized

Stuck in their ways...

Great pay, good benefits. Horrible culture. "That's the way we've always done it at PG&E.""You won the lottery when you got this job."If you loved middle school and high school drama and politics you've found yourself a home.

Pros

Wages, benefits, union employment.

Cons

Management. Lack of vision.

Great Benefits

There was a lot of favorites within this company. I was discriminated at this company. Benefits are great. Management really does not care for employees.

Benefits

Cons

Favorites

It is a great company to work for and get going, lots of opportunities to move around and get a head. Overall the company is very well rounded and diverse.

Everyone is a team player

I love all aspects of my job. The pay, the hours and the management, are all great. We are supplied with new leased vehicles, tools are provided, and you receive a company phone. And much more...

Pros

Hours, and available overtime

Cons

Hard to find a bathroom when working out on the field.

Good benefits but not a great job

The job was good and overall it was a great to start but it is has its issues. Wildfire season is scary and overall excitement has a lot to be desired.

Teamwork, safe work environment

Friendly work environment. Good to grow in company like this. Teamwork and safety is a key thing for all and the management. The cluture is grate and very diverse.

Pros

Teamwork and safety

Cons

N/a

Good job stability, terrible management

Your experience on the job will highly depend on your manager, teammates, and business partners. There are some great managers at the company but unfortunately they are far and few in between. Some of the people on the old pension plan tend to cling onto their jobs no matter what, even if it means throwing their own teammates under the bus. The work can be very interesting, but management has limited vision and strategy.

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Terrible management and managers

Stable and steady job

Overall PG&E was a stable and steady job with good people. There were always different challenges arising though, which did negatively impact public perceptions and impact ability to efficiently and effectively do work.

Exciting but tiring

The work is good but the fake gas leaks are the down fall of the job. My job title is extremely over micromanage and the company care to much about metrics then the work life balance of my position

Pros

Excellent pay for the work

Cons

Micromanaged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) with

• Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)