Pacific Marine Credit Union Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great company for advancement
FSR (Former Employee) –  CAMay 30, 2018
PMCU is an excellent company to work for as they truly care about their employees and their satisfaction. There is room for advancement as most of management wants to see you succeed. They also care about who they serve and how the community perceives them. Management was excellent and always friendly. Co-workers are great people as management selects the best candidates at interviews. They had excellent benefits such as 401k and multiple insurances. They can be flexible to your schedule and allow you paid time off plus sick leave. I loved working for this company.
Overall a good company to work for.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 14, 2018
-Good paid time off
-paid holidays
-great team environment
-room for advancement
-The company constantly does team building events and promotes team work and morale
Productive and fun place to work
Universal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 6, 2018
Best job I have ever had. I was so delighted to go to work everyday. The membership was great and the staffing. The company definitely made us feel appreciated.
Great place to work-feels like family!
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Great place to work! People are great and the environment is positive. They are moving forward and making processes more up to date and really trying to expand to the next level!! Must love and believe in the vision here!
Pmcu
Teller (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 8, 2018
It can have more time to understand where personal lives and professional have a balance. Wish they are more about family then worrying about sales goals
Cali
Teller/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 27, 2017
I was required to handle banking transactions and issues for mainly military members and their families. It was a balanced work environment that sometimes were fast paced.
Solid Credit Union
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 10, 2017
PMCU was a wonderful place to learn and grow. They do a fantastic job of allowing you to grow outside of your assigned duties

CEO is committed to the development of the employees and cares about all levels
Pros
Financially sound and cares about the people
Cons
Hard to move up the ladder in salary wise
Awesome place to work for
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 15, 2016
I loved working at PMCU. My members were the best part of my day. Direct managers were not so great but the executive ones were friendly and caring. When we transitioned between managers they were a pleasure to have around. The job work/life balance would have been better if we didn't have to stay so late during the week but banks close early CU not so much. All in all I enjoyed working here, it was a great foundation for customer service skills.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
High turnover
Don't let the ad fool you
Teller (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 25, 2016
This is an okay company to work for, depending on which branch or department. Some of them are just awful.

No opportunity for advancement and you will NEVER get $20/hr as a teller, despite what this ad says. 14 TOPS. They're so cheap they don't even send stamps on their HR return envelopes.
Pros
Mostly good management, fun events
Cons
Cheap cheap CHEAP
Productive and fast pace environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJuly 20, 2015
Busy days. Learn lots of information. Management is AWESOME. Co-workers are AWESOME. Hardest part is angry members. Most enjoyable is helping people solve financial problems.
Pros
Cons
Not a single thing is a con.
Good employer that treats employees like people and not numbers
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2015
I enjoy working for Pacific Marine Credit Union. Non pressure however punching a time clock is sometimes difficult. Not a lot of flex time.
Excellent upper management
Assistant to the Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  CANovember 29, 2014
The executive team was amazing. I had the privilege of working directly for the VP of Operations. The support, training and guidance that I received from my supervisor was invaluable. In this position I was able to utilize all of my administrative skills and learn addition ones everyday
Pros
Super place to work
Cons
I moved out state
Fun workplace
Collections Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 15, 2014
It's a good place to work however there is no opportunity to grow and not that great of pay.
Job
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 1, 2014
Answer employees questions/calls
Assist internal/external members via, phone, email, verbally or in writing
Analyze member related problems and find a resolution
Work accounts

Working at PMCU I have enhanced my collections skills with each new manager. Learn more about military collections and dialect.

Hardest part of the job is trying to put together a work schedule.

Most enjoyable part of my job is making a member happy and satisfied that I was able to assist.
Pros
SRC-internal group that offers giveaways; meeting new people
Cons
Pay does not compensate;PTO
Excellent place to work in.
Electronic Document Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oceanside CAFebruary 11, 2014
Learned so be efficient and responsible in timely manner.The management team always there to guide and support you. you can always rely with co workers helping each other. I never had any bad experience with this job. work environment was pleasant always have the time to enjoy working each and every employee.
Pros
good benefits, awesome place to work.
Cons
need to pay the employee of what they deserve. pay increase
Great opportunities
Learning and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Quickly moved up the ranks with perseverance. Employees are given honest and fair feedback to ensure success.
Pros
opportunities
This workplace can be enjoyable.
Card Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 12, 2014
This workplace can be enjoyable depending on what department you work for or who your supervisor is. Overall, the company seems to want to make the employees happy. There are casual days and fun events to participate.
Banking
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 18, 2013
Transactions and cash handling. People are great to work with. Every day is a new day
Pros
Great company
Cons
Little to no PTO days
Summary
Community Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 7, 2013
This is a smaller credit union. I like working for this company. I do feel that the technology is not up to speed. The people are great.
Pros
not a pressure sales enviornment
Cons
growth
Productive, honest, fun and friendly
Full-Time EDM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 20, 2013
Has been a great company to work for. The people are friendly and the environment is fun yet professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Marine Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.