Pacific Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2018
Pacmed Was a wonderful place to work I really enjoyed the team that I worked with, the patients were a joy to work with. I strongly recommend this as a place to work
Pros
teamwork
Loved my time there, very unique and special company
Director of Ancilary and Revenue Cycle Services (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2018
I would have loved to take my career to the next step while remaining at PacMed. They have a unique culture and history and I resonated with their culture and mission, but alas, that next opportunity was not open to me at the time so I found it elsewhere.
used to be a great place to work
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2018
I do not want to review the company. I feel this should be optional. wanting more than I am willing to give is a bit dogmatic. right now, without having really utilized indeed for anything more than a search, It make me wonder what it is like to work for you
Pros
bonuses, community work, diversity, assisted transportation
Cons
poor pay, employee paid vacation, holidats, etc via pto
A good place to work for
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 2, 2018
My typical day consists of multiple job assignments which make my job very intriguing.
I have learned a great deal of patience when working in group settings which helped me grow to be a better listener.
The workplace culture, for the most part, was friendly which was one of the main reasons why i stayed at my job for almost 9 years.
The hardest part of the job was during the time of a transitioning process from one software to another and taking phone calls at the same time.
Helping patients by making sure that his/her claims are getting processed accurately is the most satisfying part of the job.
Pros
PTO and great Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
Cons
Politics
Fun, family oriented atmosphere
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 21, 2017
I would recommend anyone to see a doctor or employment at pmc. I started as a front desk receptionist and was promoted 2 times within the company. I loved all my doctor's I worked for and got along easily with my coworkers
Pros
Celebrate all holiday
Cons
Short breaks
Pretty Great Place to Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 11, 2017
I loved everything about working here except they do not have great employee benefits for the downtown seattle employees. They also do not compensate enough for the level of work that is expected.
Pros
Culture, Coworkers, most management
Cons
benefits and compensation
Fun and productive atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2017
I love pacific medical centers! Especially my co-works and supervisor. Pacmeds culture is inviting and caring. But they are not very competitive when it comes to pay and you do get burnt out before the end of the week. Although it has been a great experience working here and I would recommend it for externs and new grads.
Pros
Hour lunch, Pto, Benefits and discounts
Cons
Poor pay, Super stressful
Oncology/Hematology and Infusion Specialty, RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 5, 2017
too many managers that don't know what's going on. great staff team work, great coworkers. good place for people newer to health care looking for employment. not much room for advancement and continued learning as RN
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
expect too much
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2017
A typical day at work is coming in the morning make my coffee log in on the phones helping the patient with whatever is needed like an appointments, need to talk to a nurse, returning a call etc. The hardest part of the job is getting yelled at and not saying anything but most of the time they are not yelling at you just the situation. They most enjoyable part is seeing the coworkers that make you laugh and have fun through out the day.
Expect to work overtime, but management does their best to be supportive
RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2017
Many employees, including myself, divide their time between clinics. The phones ar extremely busy, so RNs spend a great deal of time handling triage calls. When I started here seven years ago, the culture was fantastic. Everybody was team oriented, and it felt very much like a family. Since the merger with Providence and Swedish, the general mood has become much more negative. A large number of people have left - both providers and support staff - and many departments are routinely understaffed. This makes it difficult on everybody. The culture has become much more about looking out for oneself.
Compensation for RNs is good, although many MAs have left for better pay.

Want to know more about Pacific Medical Centers?

Ask a question
Wost job ever!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 10, 2017
This job is extremely stressful. Pacmed puts too much of a work load on their employees. Lack of support from management, everything is basically politics
Pros
Cons
workload, under appreciation, stress
Management in specialties sucks
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2017
Expect a lot of you, but don't give you the time or tools to help you succeed. Doctor that I work for is nowhere near self sufficient and expects MA to do everything and likes to write nasty emails to management
fun and busy
MA Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 5, 2017
Great place to work . I did my internship here and learned a lot. Great team and work environment. Fast paced. I highly recommend anyone to work here , great company.
Great Coworkers but terrible wages and management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 15, 2017
Having been employed at Pac Med for almost 7 years, and being one of the best medical assistance they have, the are not good at showing any appreciation towards successes and the annual raises are usually between $0.25 - $0.50 which is not enough to live and support a family on. Additionally, management and the CEO of the company do not have the best ideals for how to deal with employees and manage a medical facility.
Pros
The fact that I am leaving soon is a pro, thats about it
Cons
Unreasonable work load, lack of respect for employees, low pay, no opportunity for advancement
working at PMC was a great experience. People there are very nice .pleasant to work with
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2017
worked at PMC for almost 10 years. I loved to help patients. It was a great company to work for. I would help patients on a regular basis by going over there account and insurance information to make sure they would understand there deductibles and co insurances on there plan.
Pros
great parties
Cons
more training on new systems
Benefits are great...BUT
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2017
Their training and policies are ambiguous at best and subject to interpretation that varies day to day. There is no clear set standards for their policies or training. The benefits and location are great, the managers - not quite so much.

It's a great place to work if you can handle being micromanaged and feedback that exceeds "nitpicking".
Enjoyable part of the job
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2017
Pacific Medical Center has a great work culture that the company values. Management and co-workers shows respect and shows how an employee is a valuable asset to the company.
Reality of job wasn't what I was told
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 30, 2016
Hiring process was very long and unclear. Then, the job I thought I would be doing turned out to be very different, and I did not feel supported in learning.
Good PTO, but few opportunities to move up
Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2015
PacMed offer great PTO (29 days per year including holidays). Heath insurance is average. Coworkers are great, management is ok. I enjoy working with patients, but do not see much opportunity to grow with the company
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
No opportunities
Fun work place but the office had poor lighting.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle WaOctober 13, 2015
Extremely fun work environment. Supportive management but with little opportunity to grow. The office had poor lighting. It definitely could use a remodel.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Poor lighting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Medical Centers Reviews by Location