Pacific Office Automation Employee Reviews

Sucked
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 16, 2018
Very stressful
Do more investigating before working for a company.
The culture was very Caddy like, backstabbing.
Going to work was the hardest part.
The most enjoyable was the perks.
May 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear how you feel about our culture and that you had a negative experience at work. We take employee feedback very seriously, as it helps us identify areas that might need attention. Please don’t hesitate to contact your nearest branch to provide additional feedback. We wish you the best in your career.

Not very organized
FM Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2018
Things get done but not in the most organized manner. The salesman will make promises or sell a service and others have to jump through hoops to make these promises happen. This means that there are unprepared people sent out to complete projects for customers and they will only have part of the information. The longer you work at the company the more you will learn on your own.
Pros
Paid company retreat.
Cons
High turnover, poor communication
May 18, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Transparency with customers is a major priority for us, so it upsets us to hear you feel sales details aren’t communicated well. We hear your concerns and will consider your comments as we continue to grow and improve.

Good company if you are willing to work a lot
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2018
No real opportunity to really use my skills, my supervisor likes to make changes without informing anyone until the change is made. Hours are long plus working 1 Saturday per month is required. Poor compensation for warehouse associates for what we are required to do.

Fully paid health insurance, great 401k match. Raises come slowly, bonuses rarely even though they are supposedly given quarterly.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k, company stability.
Cons
Long hours, 1 Saturday per month required.
May 18, 2018

We’re disappointed you feel you aren’t fully able to use your skills as a Warehouse Supervisor. It’s our goal to support all employees in growing a rewarding career here; please don’t hesitate to discuss your goals and expectations with your manager.

Pacific Office
Outside sales of copiers and business software (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 7, 2018
POA is a great opportunity for recently graduated people. Tends to burn out people in the long run, which is why they over compensate with 401k and other benefits. Not a lot of autonomy allowed there and they expect you to work from 7:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. as well as Saturdays. Does not leave a lot of time for family or a balanced quality of life.
Pros
Great opportunity for younger college graduates.
Cons
Not conducive for balance of life.
May 18, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take pride in supporting recent graduates in developing a fulfilling career, especially with the guidance of our higher-level employees. Many of our team members do have families, and they enjoy balancing work with other activities like coaching youth sports teams, serving on nonprofit boards, and playing in rec leagues. We appreciate your work with us; we wish you the best in your career.

FM Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 29, 2018
Challenging and invigorating environment. Every day is a challenge and very rewarding! The service weekend is always something to look forward to. Management goes above and beyond to reward their employees!
Pros
401k Transportation reimburssment and cell phone
May 11, 2018

We appreciate your review! We’re glad to hear that you not only feel challenged but appropriately rewarded for your hard work. Glad to have you on our team; can’t wait for the next Service Weekend!

Not as advertised in job description
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 9, 2018
I thought there would be extensive job training as advertised in the job description, but it definitely was no training involved. More so learn on the go.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management, hours, training
April 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you feel your training didn’t match up with the job description. At POA, we provide all employees with ongoing training they need to grow and succeed in their roles. All the best.

Stressful position with opportunities to grow.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 12, 2018
A typical day at work was stressful dealing with many different customers wants and needs. Not a ton of manager support because they expect self motivation
Pros
Work friendships
Cons
Longs hours, not a lot of support.
April 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in the support our upper-level employees provide to their teams and colleagues, so we’re disappointed that you feel your experience didn’t match up. We recognize this position isn’t for everyone, but we hope you gained some valuable experience to take with you to your next role. All the best.

Stress free and focused office job
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2018
Working as an assistant here included a lot of random, yet important day to day tasks. A typical day was filled with folding and mailing invoices, creating spreadsheets on Excel, completing funding reports, assisting other employees with assignments, and also occasionally helping out at company parties. Every manager that I worked for or interacted with was kind and helpful and direct with what they wanted from me. The hardest part of the job was how boring/mundane/tedious a lot of the tasks were, but listening to music helped out with that.
March 9, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We’re happy that you felt your managers were helpful and kind whenever they worked with you. We also recognize that the Office Assistant role isn’t for everyone, but we’re glad to hear you made the most of it. Best of luck in your career!

Interesting workplace with Sideways if not backwards "Advancement"
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 5, 2018
I was hired to fill a position of Network Technician. I was working here for 3 months. The duration of the last two months, I was pushing copiers from the shotgun seat of a box truck for less than I was hired for... That should be more than enough to understand this company.
Pros
Free coffee, Great benefits and pay for Sales reps
Cons
Poor Hours, Poor communication, Low pay, Low benefits.
March 22, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re disappointed to hear that you feel your Network Technician role wasn’t what you expected. Sorry to see you go but we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

A Good Sales Experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2018
POA is a good job for people who are sales driven and don't have a life outside work. The hours are long and hard, however, if you are sales driven, it is something that will work for you. If you put the time and hours in, you can be incredibly successful.
March 22, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re proud to say that many of our top salespeople find time to balance a successful sales career while staying active with their families and communities. They do this by participating in activities like coaching their children’s sports teams, volunteering their time for non-profit boards, chaperoning field trips, playing rec leagues, and attending family events. We’re sorry to hear you feel you didn’t have time outside of work for other endeavors, but we appreciate your feedback on your experience.

fun perks
Receptionist/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 13, 2018
I answered phones and dispatched the technicians to the customers locations. I also warrantied copier parts, filed customer files away, Created and maintained spreadsheets, employee phone list, greeted customers and helped them with their copier needs.
Pros
company paid 2 weekends a yr for work banquet and fun weekend, 401k
Cons
supervisor attitude was demeaning towards employees, poor training
February 22, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback about your supervisor and training; we will be sure to work with the Eugene branch to ensure it’s operating in line with our company standards. Sounds like you enjoyed your time with us. Best of luck in future endeavors!

Poor Management
Receptionist/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  OregonFebruary 2, 2018
If you are not sales, you are not given any respect. This is a good ol' boy atmosphere and the most unprofessional company (branch) I have ever worked for. I cannot speak for the other branches but I went to work every day on egg shells wondering if I was going to be doing something that the sales guys didn't like. There was way too much grey area with no set protocols or rules. I am surprised this branch makes any money with the amount they like to give away. The pay was not sufficient with the duties that were involved. I was doing an admin assistant position, dispatcher and receptionist barely making over minimum wage. I was constantly busy yet they said I wasn't busy enough. Seriously!? What about having to cover for the manager that hasn't called the customer back after they sent numerous emails and can't leave a voice mail because it's full from not deleting them? That shouldn't be part of the job but it had to be.
Cons
Low pay and unprofessional atmosphere.
February 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re disappointed that you feel you weren’t respected as an administrative assistant. We value all of our team members in all departments; without them we wouldn’t have experienced the growth and success that got us to this point. However, your feedback is helpful as it can help us identify areas that may need improvement so that we can ensure consistent professional behavior across all branches. Thank you for your time with us; we wish you the best.

An excellent company to work for
Print Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 29, 2018
Highly professional team. Values their workforce. Competitive benefits including medical, dental, flexible spending accounts. Unbeatable 401K. Training on a continual basis
Pros
Good pay. Company sponsered employee weekend get aways
Cons
Can hit ceilings if you dont cross train
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! In order to provide top-notch customer service, we must also take care of our employees. We’re happy to hear that you’ve been satisfied with your position, team, and employee benefits thus far. Keep up the good work!

Upper management out of touch with lower workers
Copier Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 23, 2018
Service techs were always way overloaded with calls and got paid little for the type of work required from them. The company was very sales driven and that side of the business received priority and perks where as service and warehouse were considered bottom feeders.
Pros
Your healthcare premium is fully covered. Matching 401k.
Cons
Ruthless management and way overworked.
February 2, 2018

Hi there,
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you feel that our service teams are considered a lower priority to sales. Without our service and warehouse techs, we wouldn’t be able to solve problems for our customers as efficiently as we do today. Again, we appreciate your comments and wish you the best.

Not bad but could do better
FM Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 28, 2017
The work is not hard to do, take some time, ask questions and learn what you need and you will do just fine. However there is so much office politics, and if you don't buddy up with someone important or brown nose/suck up to management you are not going to advance, especially in the service roles. They pick their favorites and that's that.
Pros
Good company parties at no cost for you, decent people to be around.
Cons
Unfair pay regarding gender and experience, not much opportunity for advancement.
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear your feelings about office politics. It’s our goal to help all our employees build and grow a career during their time at POA. That being said, we’re always open to suggestions for improvement. Please reach out to your manager if you’d like to discuss your thoughts further.

Poa
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 10, 2017
If your not working in sales you'll be treated as if you don't matter. all other departments other than sales don't get any of the benefits sales receives.
Pros
2 work events with enite company
Cons
under paid
December 22, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We’re upset to hear that you feel other departments are treated differently than sales. Without all the teams that make up POA, the company couldn’t function as successfully as it does today. Please feel free to reach out to our Beaverton branch if you’d like to discuss any comments further. We wish you the best.

Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 7, 2017
Typical sales office with lots of activity. Monthly sales cycle and deadline driven tasks. Great 401K program and relaxed atmosphere.
Lots of variety in work responsibilities.
December 22, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! Glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed working for POA. Keep up the good work!

Bad Experience
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 1, 2017
Things started out well working for this company. Then after asking for some personal time off to take care of things. The manager was very rude to me and said some very rude things.
Pros
1 Hour lunches
Cons
Bad atmosphere
December 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. I’m disappointed to hear you feel your manager was rude toward you. We will be using your feedback to remind all employees about our standards of professionalism. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Eugene branch if you have any further comments. All the best.

frat boy culture
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2017
drinking and ignoring friends and family. No appreciation for any kind of personal growth if its not related to developing sales skills. Commissions are good but if youre not motivated by commission its not an easy job.
November 3, 2017

We understand that a career in sales isn’t for everyone, however being a family-oriented company, we try to incorporate families as much as possible. On Halloween, most of our employees who have children left early so they could spend the evening with their families. And during the holidays, we almost always include families into our celebrations. Thank you for your feedback. We wish you the best.

will not provide
Accounting Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 30, 2017
I liked my job and management of the company.
Had good friendly and helpful coworkers. I was not working full time so my benefit was limited but I had very flexible schedule.
November 10, 2017

Thanks for your feedback! We’re happy to hear that you were satisfied with management, your team, and schedule. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Office Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight