Pacific Office Automation Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 10, 2019
-Very disorganized organization. No structure.
-Management is either too new and has very little experience managing people or too old and all they can think about is retiring so they don't care about anything.
-The hardest part of the job is dealing with a lack of accountability, professionalism, and honesty. Manager would consistently lie to his employees, talk negatively about the employees to other employees, and not hold others accountable for their mistakes.
-Workplace is very divided by service vs. sales.
-Lack of appreciation for employees.
-Incredibly poor training.
-The most enjoyable part of working here was the fact that it was 8-5 and had decent benefits.
Pros
8-5, Benefits
Cons
Poor management, lacks structure
January 11, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. Without our employees, we couldn’t continue on; we’re concerned to hear that you feel we don’t treat them with appreciation and respect. As we continue to grow and refine our culture, comments like yours are vital to helping us identify the areas that might need more attention. If you’d like to share additional comments, please reach out to James Pierson, Regional Manager, at James.Pierson@pacificoffice.com. We’re happy to chat.

Great place to start a career.
Senior Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 17, 2018
Pacific Office Automation is not that unlike the other like company's other than its founder whom I believe is a true hero in his own way. No company is perfect in this industry however Pacific has become the leader in this country without exception because of its performance and this has to do with the people involved and for all the years I worked at POA in the field service end as well as inter office and as Senior Shop Technician I found fewer than most might expect as far as fatally flawed employees than any other I've been involved with. This company was built on an idea and a belief as well as what has become a culture that I believe Will Survive and Thrive.
It's a great place to work if you're starting a career and want a future with benefits and a retirement program. This is also a great place to gain training and an actual trade or skill if you will and to work side-by-side with a lot of great people.
Pros
Better than average benefits, especially the 401k, annual service weekend, very hard to get fired.
Cons
Breaks and lunches are unheard of some days, found myself doing other people's jobs often, some managers fall short in communication and people skills.
December 21, 2018

Thanks for your review and feedback! You’re spot on in saying that our people have made POA what it is today and because of this, we know how important it is to take care of our employees. We also appreciate your concerns and will keep them in mind as we continue to grow and evolve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your manager with any additional comments.

Amazing Company, Great Culture, & A Winning Team
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2018
POA's culture & daily work environment are all the motivation I need to get out of bed every day. Everyone works towards a common goal & has the good of the team in mind on every decision. The customer is always the priority & POA stops at nothing to honor their commitments to the customer and provide the best possible experience for them. The opportunity to make money is fantastic as well; the harder you work, the more growth within POA you will have. The 401K program is outstanding & POA pays for it's employees health insurance as well. The company continues to diversify and grow within it's markets & adds offerings that make sense to clients (currently offer office equipment/services, IT services/hardware, phone systems/service, mailing equipment/services, document management/cost recovery software, & managed print services). If you are looking to be part of the BEST team & find a career that motivates you every day; then this is the place for you!
Pros
401K, Health Insurance, Outstanding Pay, Winning Team, Great Customer Relationships
July 16, 2018

We’re pleased to see that you appreciate our commitments to both our customers and employees like you. We are proud of how far POA has come, and it wouldn’t have happened without the support of our hard-working teams. Thank you for your review. Keep up the good work!

Horrible.
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 21, 2018
This company cares more about its sales then it does its employees. Multiple times I was dispatched to calls that involved a untruthful sales person—whom not only over promised and under delivered, but half the time didn’t order the right equipment, or didn’t even consider the customers request. I was threatenend with drug testing by my supervisor. Not a huge deal, but the company itself doesn’t drug test. They let their customers do that for them. If you value your breaks, don’t even apply. This company is involved in multiple lawsuits regarding employee breaks. I only recieved at most half my lunch, none of my tens. Upon interview, I was promised one wage, only to find out they were paying me less on my actual checks. They charge you for gas to do their bidding. And they don’t care. Management is incompetent. My supervisor, while well versed in “books”, could only spurt off buzzwords. When it came to actual employee management, he had no skills. No actual management expierence, and no social skills whatsoever. Pay is a joke. Benefits end up costing you more than if you just paid your doctors upfront, the plan is original to the 1980’s—and they are proud of that. Also, if you do find yourself with an employment offer, do not start any training until you are sure they will keep you aboard. I wasted 46 hours of NON-PAID TRAINING, just to be terminated for not fulfilling a customers “fitness for duty exam”. They do not protect their employee’s rights whatsoever, nor do they care.
Pros
They’ll get you drunk(after work)
Cons
Pay, employee rights, breaks, the whole company is a con.
January 11, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience. As customer service and employee conduct & benefits are our top priorities, we’re concerned that your experience doesn’t match up. We would appreciate the chance to speak with you directly to go over your concerns and work toward any necessary resolutions. If you’re willing, please reach out to James Pierson at James.Pierson@pacificoffice.com.

Good company if you are willing to work a lot
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2018
No real opportunity to really use my skills, my supervisor likes to make changes without informing anyone until the change is made. Hours are long plus working 1 Saturday per month is required. Poor compensation for warehouse associates for what we are required to do.

Fully paid health insurance, great 401k match. Raises come slowly, bonuses rarely even though they are supposedly given quarterly.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k, company stability.
Cons
Long hours, 1 Saturday per month required.
May 18, 2018

We’re disappointed you feel you aren’t fully able to use your skills as a Warehouse Supervisor. It’s our goal to support all employees in growing a rewarding career here; please don’t hesitate to discuss your goals and expectations with your manager.

Great Company Culture- Put in the work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2018
Overall, great company to work for if you want to put in the hard work. If you put in the time and effort, you will get reward with lots of benefits. There are a lot of opportunities to advance. The hiring process is very thoughtful and wants to make sure you're the right person for the right job.
Pros
benefits, work trips, culture
Cons
turnover
May 21, 2018

We appreciate your review! We know this job isn’t right for everyone, but the hard work can truly pay off. Glad to hear that you recognize this. We hope to help you develop a rewarding and long-lasting career at POA.

Pacific Office
Outside sales of copiers and business software (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 7, 2018
POA is a great opportunity for recently graduated people. Tends to burn out people in the long run, which is why they over compensate with 401k and other benefits. Not a lot of autonomy allowed there and they expect you to work from 7:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. as well as Saturdays. Does not leave a lot of time for family or a balanced quality of life.
Pros
Great opportunity for younger college graduates.
Cons
Not conducive for balance of life.
May 18, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take pride in supporting recent graduates in developing a fulfilling career, especially with the guidance of our higher-level employees. Many of our team members do have families, and they enjoy balancing work with other activities like coaching youth sports teams, serving on nonprofit boards, and playing in rec leagues. We appreciate your work with us; we wish you the best in your career.

Professed to be one thing, but not
Lacky (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 24, 2018
They are so desperate to hire people they will make any promises they can to get you on board and not follow through. They rest on the benefits they provide to justify increasing workload without wage adjustments. Medical "benefits" don't even offer annual exams to get in front of problems before they become bigger issues. Have to hound them for training and they wonder why customer satisfaction is down. Maybe they should properly train staff before sending them into field to be embarrassed while they look like an operator and call all other techs to figure out what to do. Sales team - I've never seen so many idiots that can't get a fax kit ordered when necessary. They also promise the world and have horrible communication with remaining departments. Nate Eddy is the only one that kicks butt on communication. Doesn't matter though, nobody is held accountable and shops incompetence is where the real loss is.
Every other department spends 80% of their time undoing their mistakes. What's worse is there is no accountability there either. Sales centric focus is capping their potential....Once they hold sales accountable and to a higher standard, along with the other departments, they will begin to get somewhere. They have to call advisors in to tell them what their employees have been saying all along, but what they don't want to, or don't know how to do. Only person I'd recommend POA to is if you live at home and have no career ambitions. Also, these canned responses regarding their disappointment are just to help perception. It's a quick thing they do to keep public
  more... perception up when not caring less until it's too late and you leave.
They have trouble with techs wrecking cars, but don't do anything about it. Talking about it doesn't do much does it? How about an action plan??
Pros
Hmmm let me think a little longer
Cons
Limited medical benefits, sales screwing customers and employees, management not willing to do their part, unstructured, scattered workflow.
September 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. We recognize that a career at POA isn’t for everyone, but we’re very concerned about the issues you’ve raised. We don’t want your last memory of your time here to be a negative one, and we’d love to go over your comments so that we can identify areas that might need more attention going forward. Please reach out if you’re willing – dino.andereggen@pacificoffice.com.

FM Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 29, 2018
Challenging and invigorating environment. Every day is a challenge and very rewarding! The service weekend is always something to look forward to. Management goes above and beyond to reward their employees!
Pros
401k Transportation reimburssment and cell phone
May 11, 2018

We appreciate your review! We’re glad to hear that you not only feel challenged but appropriately rewarded for your hard work. Glad to have you on our team; can’t wait for the next Service Weekend!

Interesting workplace with Sideways if not backwards "Advancement"
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 5, 2018
I was hired to fill a position of Network Technician. I was working here for 3 months. The duration of the last two months, I was pushing copiers from the shotgun seat of a box truck for less than I was hired for... That should be more than enough to understand this company.
Pros
Free coffee, Great benefits and pay for Sales reps
Cons
Poor Hours, Poor communication, Low pay, Low benefits.
March 22, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re disappointed to hear that you feel your Network Technician role wasn’t what you expected. Sorry to see you go but we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Pacific Office Automation
Mail & Print Center Lead (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 2, 2018
The managers at Pacific Office Automation care about their employees. All employees are invited to the annual business meeting and service weekends. Service weekend is extremely laid back and a great opportunity to network within the company. There are many work locations throughout the region thanks to various contracts within other companies, and they are willing to relocate employees and even help find them jobs directly with other clients if a contract with another isn't renewed.
Pros
Expenses paid Service Weekend at Resorts
Cons
Contract work environment
November 12, 2018

Thanks for your review! Team building events and outings like service weekends are some of our favorite times of the year; we’re pleased that you’ve enjoyed those you’ve had the opportunity to attend. Like you said, while some of our roles are contract based, it’s our goal to support our contract employees either in finding another role at POA or with one of our trusted clients. Our employees are in good hands. We appreciate your time with us and wish you the best in your next role!

Upper management out of touch with lower workers
Copier Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 23, 2018
Service techs were always way overloaded with calls and got paid little for the type of work required from them. The company was very sales driven and that side of the business received priority and perks where as service and warehouse were considered bottom feeders.
Pros
Your healthcare premium is fully covered. Matching 401k.
Cons
Ruthless management and way overworked.
February 2, 2018

Hi there,
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you feel that our service teams are considered a lower priority to sales. Without our service and warehouse techs, we wouldn’t be able to solve problems for our customers as efficiently as we do today. Again, we appreciate your comments and wish you the best.

fun perks
Receptionist/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 13, 2018
I answered phones and dispatched the technicians to the customers locations. I also warrantied copier parts, filed customer files away, Created and maintained spreadsheets, employee phone list, greeted customers and helped them with their copier needs.
Pros
company paid 2 weekends a yr for work banquet and fun weekend, 401k
Cons
supervisor attitude was demeaning towards employees, poor training
February 22, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback about your supervisor and training; we will be sure to work with the Eugene branch to ensure it’s operating in line with our company standards. Sounds like you enjoyed your time with us. Best of luck in future endeavors!

An excellent company to work for
Print Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 29, 2018
Highly professional team. Values their workforce. Competitive benefits including medical, dental, flexible spending accounts. Unbeatable 401K. Training on a continual basis
Pros
Good pay. Company sponsered employee weekend get aways
Cons
Can hit ceilings if you dont cross train
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! In order to provide top-notch customer service, we must also take care of our employees. We’re happy to hear that you’ve been satisfied with your position, team, and employee benefits thus far. Keep up the good work!

not a lot of chances for a break, but the hours were available if you needed extra
Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 21, 2018
The company as a whole is quite well ran. but a lot of the management has no oversight and lower level employees are often overworked for the pay they are given.
November 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. As we are constantly evolving and continuing to grow, we appreciate employee feedback as it helps us identify areas that might need more attention and improvements. We strive to be supportive of our employees, both in professional and personal life. If you’re struggling with your current workload, please don’t hesitate to bring concerns to your supervisor or to Sara.Murphy@pacificoffice.com.

Great company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 1, 2018
strong company, secure company, exciting company.
This company has room for growth and offices in several states in case you want to transfer. overall its a good company with no complaints.
November 5, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! It’s our goal to support all our employees in building a career with POA, and as we continue to grow, we’ll continue to provide more opportunities for employees to do so. We’re pleased to hear that you’ve been satisfied here; keep up the good work.

Bad place
Manager of IT Services Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 3, 2019
Work job I ever took. Transferred from Rochester NY for this position..lie, lie, lie and never upfront about anytjing. Stay swsy from this company cause they are sales driven not people .
Pros
Cons
No integrity
February 11, 2019

Sorry to hear this role wasn’t what you expected. If you’d like to provide additional feedback about your time with us, we’re happy to discuss and learn more about your experience. Please reach out to Dino, Oregon Regional Vice President, at dino.andereggen@pacificoffice.com. We wish you the best for the future.

Great work environment and really cool co-workers.
COPIER SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 3, 2018
Love the work culture at POA. Love how management puts you in positions to do better and they work with you to get things done. Love how the training is also.
Pros
Work parties and events
Cons
micromanaged too much
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take pride in our industry-leading training programs to help each of our employees succeed independently. It’s our goal to help employees like you advance your career at POA. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions to help us continue to improve our culture.

Great Experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 28, 2018
My experience at Pacific Office Automation was a positive one. The goals and objectives of the comany are aggressive and they are a leader in industry in the marketplace.
January 4, 2019

It has always been one of our goals to support our employees and help their careers flourish here at POA. We’re glad to hear that your experience was rewarding, and we appreciate your dedication to POA. Thank you for the feedback!

Great place to work with great people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 3, 2018
I had a temp job with them, it was only a month but the atmosphere was great and the people were greater! I enjoyed working there and provided with the opportunity to I would again.
November 12, 2018

We love to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! And we agree, our jobs are made even better with the people that surround us each day. Please don’t hesitate to apply to work for us again if you find the right position!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Office Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight