Pacific Patrol Services Inc.

Pacific Patrol Services Inc. Employee Reviews

United States51 reviews

officersecuritysitesupervisortrainingemployeecompanylot

Underhanded and out of touch.

Company is constantly understaffed, and no real attempt is made to make working here more appealing, so you'll constantly be asked to fill in empty shifts. The "Family Culture" they claim to cultivate is at best, Dysfunctional. Poor communication means that supervisors will be calling to ask why you're not at work, even after your time off has been approved. Be prepared to be ignored, overlooked, and forgotten... until they need you to come fill a shift, which they will call to ask you about almost every day. You'll notice your shift starts at unusual times, usually a minute before the start of the hour. This is done to play through a bunch of loopholes to minimize the amount of overtime they have to pay you for. All in all, it's a job, and it pays the bills, but for the time and effort, you're better off flipping burgers.

A good foot in the door

Good for gaining experience in office work, and an easy introduction into the security industry. It felt intimating at first, but repetition of tasks has greatly helped. I do enjoy the regulatory nature of the job, as the policies (should) ensure a cohesive work environment. This is the least stressful customer service-oriented job I've had.Pros: good entry-level start to security and community work.Cons: not too much flexibility in scheduling if you want less than 40 hrs of work.

Pacific Patrol Services Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness

Listen to the reviews

I wish I had throughly taken the reviews into consideration. I applied anyways, since they were extremely responsive. The other officers seem miserable in their jobs and vocally expressed their discontent to me on my very first day. Nothing is updated, I decided to resign because their is no clear indication of what and where my duties are, Two days of training is not enough and a paper map of an arial view of Portland is insufficient for someone learning the site.

Not worth the hassle!

I've been here for a while, and honestly from the start I felt something was amiss here. The whole company is hanging off of thread. There is no proper training, they make you do 2 day of UNPAID training but said training doesn't really help you. It seems like all the Supervisors are on different pages, one person will say one thing, the next will say something different. Nobody has any idea what the heck is going on!! IT'S BAD!! I've set back and just watched this all go down hill.

Pros

It's easy

Cons

It's not well managed.

Not the best managers

Not much advancement opportunities. Owner and managers are not supportive. No sense of family. Lots of worksites to be placed at which is nice but not enough pay.

Never a dull moment working for PPS.

Don't do the PAC shift, the jacket IS NOT water proof, other than that it did give me a good idea of what to expect from the Security industry. Be warned this is major "trial by fire" training, always ask questions, and be ready to meet a lot verbally hostile people when you're on patrol.

Pros

Good entry point for the security industry, and I met a lot of fun co-workers.

Cons

It rains, and the jacket for the PAC shift is not water proof

Poorly managed and badly motivated security

PPS is boring, go by the motions, not at all invested in the work security firm. We are told repeatedly not to get involved in anything that actually does happen. The entire job consists of politely asking people to please stop doing that. It's a joke. The management doesn't really care about organization and employees are expected to negotiate with each for shifts.

Pros

Sometimes clients give you food.

October 4, 2021
Hello, thank you for your feedback! In your training it is expressed that we do have a hands off policy and it is part of the job to build a relationship with the people in your area of work. Did you reach through the proper channels for help during your time here?

Great Work Experience

I worked for Pacific Patrol Services for about a year and a half. I honestly have nothing but good things to say about my experience. My opinions were always heard, management was always available to help me when needed and they were more than willing to work around my school schedule. Additionally, they were supportive and helpful in every way possible and did everything they could to help me succeed.

Pros

Workplace Environment

Probably my worst work experience.

Pacific Patrol is a pretty poorly run place. They are severely understaffed and at times due to this they over work you. They essentially lie to their contracts and miss patrols quite often. I was never properly trained and when I did something wrong because of this they would get upset at me. I also had my pay cut with no explanation and when I called them out about it they essentially lied and said I have always had that pay. If you’re looking for security work I’d advise working for a larger more organized company with some integrity.

Pros

Extra hours often

Cons

Poor management

October 4, 2021
Hello, thank you for your feedback! You did have required training hours before you were placed in any position. We don't deliver paycuts without you having full knowledge of the reason for the pay cut. Perhaps for missing equipment that was under your care. We are currently in a staffing crisis nationwide so unfortunately everyone is in a staffing crisis. If you have anything else you'd like to discuss please direct that towards our HR.

Look elsewhere

high turn over, management drama, understaffed, you will never be thanked for going above and beyond, will be fired without warning. HR is usless and lazy, get bad mouthed behind your back.

Pros

All the OT you could ask for

Cons

Management wont care

decent flexibility and hourly

for me the job has worked around my hours and gives me a decent hourly wage. they are very understaffed so that can be good or bad, but it means there's lots of opportunity for extra hours. decent coworkers.

Pros

hourly wage, extra hours, flexible

Cons

extra hours, understaffed

A pleasant group of people, variety of assignments, and interesting work

In My Opinion,I have been working for this company for the past several months. I have worked possibly every shift. This company holds a variety of contracts, some of which are easy, others strenuous. They offer foot patrols, bike patrols, stationary posts, and a mixed bag of patrol/stationary assignments. I kept myself open to any shift, and I believe that has given me the opportunity to explore much of what they have to offer.Each contract is unique and involves its own needs. You can find yourself dealing with trespassers or simply guarding a door. It varies a lot from site to site.Since much of their work is in the city center, and if you plan to drive to work, expect to pay $200+ for parking every month. Grave shift parking is usually free on the streets between 7:00pm and 8:00am. Smart Park appears to be the best deal during the day and at this time costs $10.00 a day.The culture is funny in that they refer to each other by last name, a practice I haven't seen since my early days in the military. In general a happy and pleasant group of people. Overtime is available.They also offer health insurance and PTO.Providing you give them advance notice, they will accommodate your request for time off work.Their office is located on 4th Avenue, but it's rare you will need go there since you can clock in and out at the assigned site.Working downtown is interesting. I worked for a hotel in town before working with this employer. After some time, faces on the street start becoming familiar. I sometimes go for walks after work, just to see what is happening -

Pros

Friendly, youthful coworkers, plenty of work, interesting people on the streets.

Cons

The cost of parking downtown.

Management is in the process of churning as many new hire as possible

Don't bother applying here. They'll give you a job then fail to train you properly, and have exactly zero loyalty to their employees, especially the new ones.

Pros

Security jobs are fun, lots of overtime available

Cons

Management will not even pretend to care about you. Makes working here a slog

Never ending calls

I worked for this company for about a year. They were constantly calling persons on their days off because they NEVER scheduled accordingly. Then if persons called out on top of not having people scheduled it really screwed over the people working that day. If you worked grave, they would start calling you by 11 am to see if you would come in early or work yet another double. Management often cushioned the schedule for the days they were there. Management also talked about officers in a poor manner to other officers or management team. They lie to customers about what is actually being done being based on if THEY think that customer is a priority or not. They are basically running a scam on their current contracts.

Pros

All the hours you could ever want

October 4, 2021
Hello, thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately due to the national crisis we are currently in being understaffed is unavoidable. We cannot force anyone to work their required schedules, we can only hope people put in a good effort and exude a good work ethic! If you feel that there was mistreatment of you from management please don't hesitate to reach our to our HR so we can get to the bottom of it!

Good start in security

It’s a great company to start security in. Overall it’s easy to show up and do your job. It’s a smaller company but that at times feels nice. You will know most people at the company.

Pros

Bus pass, a lot of opportunities to help people, days are full of verity

Cons

Smaller company, Can hinder some thing at times

Terrible management with supervisor constantly micro-managing, breathing down your neck, and babysitting.

I had worked for this company for quite some time and they are one of the worst companies in terms of micro-managing their employees. Supervisors are literally constantly running around micro-managing, babysitting, and breathing down your neck. They will not have your back. They do not reward loyal employees. They overwork their employees without any consideration for their life or well-being. After leaving the company, I now make more as a regular officer than any of their supervisors ever did. The only reason to work for them is they streamline the training as an entry-level job. They will overwork you right from the start without caring a bit about you. If you are lucky you might get a decent site but it’s quite rare. I am thankful that they provided me with the work experience to get into other much better companies that care about me, pay me well, and work with me to make sure my schedule is a good fit for me. They also treat me like an actual adult!

Pros

They’ll take anyone and streamline the training and permit

Cons

They will not care about you and they will not reward your years of loyalty.

Exciting place to work

Never a full moment. There was always something to do. Whether its dealing with homeless or those people that lived in sites that you have to patrol. There is always interaction and it keeps you on your toes.

Stepping stone

This company offers and easy in if you are interested in security. They make it easy to get certified and going. Hours are flexible and scheduler is happy to work with you. Overtime seems to always be an option as many people call out. Communication is lacking, I also feel safety is a bit lacking.

Worse security company

Worse security company I've ever worked for. They only care about money and bids. They over work they're working and dont care if they have a break or not. A supervisor will give you a list for the day and not give you enough time for a lunch. Rude and the main owner is sexist against their own gender

Prepare to Never Be Valued

Typically, if you work hard and show enthusiasm in your work you will be rewarded. Now, I'm not speaking strictly about money, but rather a simple "thank you". You can bend over backwards for this company and never hear a single thing about your dedication. But when you screw up be prepared to be written up and/or fired. You are strictly a warm body; they will remind you just how replacable you are and that you will never do anything right. If you do manage to stay under their radar and they find value in your skills they will bleed you dry. As far as work life balance goes - that's not a thing. They will pester you every day to come in and work extra. If you don't respond to calls or texts you can bet that they will call your emergency contact to fill a shift. Revolving door - I didn't know what high turnover meant before working here. I've never seen so many people quit in one week, let alone over the course of a year. I give strong kudos to the ones that can survive for more than six months. Pay - If you work grave, work any OT and your shift splits between a pay period you can bet that your paycheck will be wrong. They also like to move you from bikes to sites they tend to dock your pay unless you point it out. Double check EVERY check. Management has unrealistic expectations and would rather throw their officers to the sharks than go against a client, even if said client is wrong. On the same note, they will pull resources from other contracts to make the louder, more unhappy client, content. They would rather get more clients than fulfill their obligations -

Great company all family here

Great group of people who support and get to know each other. Awesome site to work at making PPS one of the most enjoyable security companies in town. Supervisor are help and there for you when you need them. Feel free to do your job and go home and be you or get connected and get to know the team, it was a pretty judge free place

Common questions about Pacific Patrol Services Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at Pacific Patrol Services Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Patrol Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Pacific Patrol Services Inc. Reviews by Location

Learn about Pacific Patrol Services Inc. in popular locations

• Pacific Patrol Services Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?