Pacific Retirement Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Challenging/Fun/Pushes you to the limit
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 21, 2018
Hard place to work if no experience
Pay is not the best
Benefits are pretty good
Management is amazing
Co-Workers very chill
Teaches a lot of new things
Great as a job that can help you get better jobs in the future
Look for better
Cook (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 24, 2018
Barely functional operation with cronic staffing problems. Product availability is an issue because of budget constraints. Management is inexperienced and undertrained.
Pros
More than minimum wage
Cons
Very stressful
FACILITY MANAGER, TIMBER RIDGE RETIREMENT CENTER (Former Employee) –  Reedsport, ORJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with the company. I enjoyed my tenants and management was very supportive and always there to lend a hand. Though, I started getting sick and I was not able to do my job anymore. Every two weeks they wrote me up till they had 3 and let me go. I told them I was sick. I understand why they did it, but I think they could have had a little more understanding about the whole thing.
Pros
Working with the tenants
unfriendly and very controlling management
Health Services Director (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WA 98087April 21, 2018
this is the work place that the day one, my other foot is already looking for a new place. I tried so hard to learn and adjust the work culture but for some reason, I could not sleep, very unhappy and just exhausted everyday.

The management ( corporate offices) so obvious that when you are not on their sides, you will feel the " sharps" points during meeting . They do not appreciate any of lower staff hard work. 6 months seems to me is a "nightmare".
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Excellent Place to work
Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 21, 2017
PRS knows how to take care of their employees. It is a fun yet challenging place to work.They offer casual Fridays and once per month luncheons. Generous employee bonuses and company paid health insurance.
Pros
Jeans fridays, once a month company lunches
Cons
little room for advancement
Great company to work for, very poor management, pay is low for the ammount of work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2017
Great company, stressful work environment due to management, pay is low for the amount of work expected. Being a HUD facility there should never be any religious discrimination or decorations visible to residents.
Pros
Great residents enjoyed working for them.
Cons
Poor management
Good working environment
Staff Accountant - Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 17, 2017
Positive work culture, good management, was temporary assignment, Positive support from management in completing my assignments. Good rapport with co-workers.
Pros
Management rewarded employees
Cons
Minimum advancement opportunities
Good
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 2, 2017
I prepared medical billings of Medicare, HMO’s, and other third-party payors. I compiled the list of medical billings to be included in each client’s regular monthly statement. In addition I performed analysis on all outstanding receivables and aging reports.
wonderful place to get to know elderly and how to take care of their needs
Catering Manager/Rogue Valley Manor (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 10, 2017
Wonderful job. Loved working with the residents and getting to know them. Chance to learn so much about retirement communities. Given chance to expand my abilities and share ideas with others. There were lots of good people to work with but upper management used intimidation too much to keep employees in line. that is an old-fashioned way of managing
Pros
so much to learn wonderful benefits
Cons
management not in tune with employees
Administrative Assistant
Data Entry, Operating Office Machines (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 14, 2016
I enjoyed working with the volunteers. I had a great report with the senior volunteers. It was a very rewarding job.
Autonomy and creativity welcomed.
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 15, 2015
As a member of the management team I was given the autonomy to perform my job. Creativity is certainly welcomed to help grow the organization.
Mirabella Seattle
Security Officer/Valet/Shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle WAOctober 17, 2015
Working at the Mirabella in SLU has its pros/cons. The security department is led by two great people but there is no possibility of job advancement. There is a very petty and rumor-filled environment there within the employees as well which can and most of the times will effect your day-to-day activities. Upper management has a very CYA attitude when it comes to problems. The good thing about working at the Mirabella is the residents and the good feeling you get after you help someone there but good naturedness will be taken advantage of by some so be weary.
Pros
Orca card program, great medical and dental
Cons
Pay, job expectations, catty environment
Awesome Place to work
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 2, 2015
Great culture, management, and coworkers and they pay really well to top it off with awesome benefits. Hard to beat. Has to be one of the best places to work in the valley!!
Pros
Culture, Pay
Cons
Very Demanding
Good part time job
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 15, 2015
Decent job if you are just looking for extra cash. Decent co workers. Cleanup was the hardest part
most enjoyable part was being busy
They have a yearly staff meeting with a lot of different types of games.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMarch 30, 2015
Pacific Retirement is the Best Company I have ever worked for the Management is always helpful to all co-workers they are a awesome TEAM PLAYERS.
good work evironment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 23, 2014
prepare meats and vegetables, prep work station, clean and sanitize. I've learned time management, I have great co-workers, there is no hardest part of my job. The enjoyable part of the job is when you get a compliment from the resident about the meal you prepared for them, when a coworker recognizes what a great job they think that you are doing.
Management is unsatisfactory
Medical Assistant / Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Medford,ORApril 9, 2013
The office had a very stress full and unorganized atmosphere after they hired on new management that had no back ground experience in medical.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Retirement Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Retirement Services, Inc Reviews by Location