Pacific Science Center Management reviews

Wasted Time
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 23, 2017
This was my worst work experience by far. Management make quick decisions and then deal with the consequences on the back end. This leads to a never ending battle to keep things running. The people were why I took the job and were also the reason I left. This is a good job for students, but professionals should not waste their time here as it will only be stressful and you will not grow any skills except learning the wrong way to do things.
Cons
Compensation, benefits, management
Pacific Science Center is an AMAZING place to work.
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2015
Pacific Science Center is an AMAZING place to work.

Management: is like no other, they are helpful, encouraging, respectful, also they started off in the same position(s) as you so they know their information. Also, managers handled unruly customers without even blinking an eye. From little complaints like missing movie times to large complaints about pricing or selling out movies,etc.

A typical day at work: this may vary, depending on where you work in the science center. I worked for guest services so my job consisted of selling tickets to varies of events happening in the science center from imax movies to Traveling Exhibits ( such as pompeii), to laser shows etc.

Hardest part of the job: I would say training but once you get the hang of things it is smooth sailing for you.

Co-workers: Like everywhere else it takes some time to warm up to the new hires, but once you know everyone it's like a large family.

What I learned: If you get a chance to work there try your hardest to stay there, also keep in touch with everyone. You will definitely miss the atmosphere because the atmosphere can not be duplicated nor copied.
Pros
Paid lunches, Free movie passes, Free membership
Cons
Great place to work overall.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2015
The Pacific Science center is a wonderful place to work. Hours are flexible, your job is fairly secured, the management is amazing, and you get to learn fun new things almost every day while working.
Pros
long breaks, Accurate schedule times, You get to play with the exhibits.
Cons
far from food.
Fun and Engaging Museum
Discovery Corp Science Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Seattle waNovember 9, 2013
Every day we started with a floor meeting so we would know what going on that day/week in the museum. Then we switched positions with our coworkers according to our schedules. Moving from exhibit to exhibit was a really good way to keep the employees engaged. Sitting at one exhibit all day would have made engaging visitors in thought provoking conversation difficult. Everyone in management was fair and helpfull. The hardest part of the job was having to make sure visitors were following the rules. There were alot of specific rules for each exhibit and it was up to us to know which rules applied where. My favorite part of the job was that we had to come up with out own way to engage visitors. The best way was to go home and research the exhibits subject and figure out how to link the new facts with the facts already on display.
Pros
Changing positions, Free bus pass
Great place to work, great co-workers, room for growth in lower employee relationships
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2012
I worked at PacSci for just under two years in G.S. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with, and the benefits surrounding the films and exhibits. Hours were always dependent on the season, so during the holidays and summers, there were plenty of hours to go around, the rest of the year hours came at a premium. They always keep you below full time status to prevent you from getting medical benefits, which always says a lot about how much a company really cares about you. It was a good stop gap job that provided a lot of cheap dates for my wife an I.
Pros
free movies, free museum admission, great people
Cons
fluctuating hours, dealing with difficult people, management could be better