Pacific Seafood Employee Reviews

Tough but good place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newport, OROctober 17, 2018
Working here put me in shape, long days with a break every 2 hours was good but I wish we would’ve gotten a higher pay rate. Being over worked was tough but it paid off in the end
Pros
Break every two hours
Cons
Short lunch
They strive for Quality
Cannery Worker (Current Employee) –  Astoria, OROctober 7, 2018
The day consists of 12 hours of "on your feet". Constantly moving.
Great place to work, Great crew. I have been there over 90 days and still have no benefits to speak of! I enjoy working here, But... I work 12 hour days, 7 days a week. I miss seeing my family!
Management is awesome and they do care about the employees!
The product they offer to the world is QUALITY!!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long days, Fish odor
It's a job if you don't mind smelling like seafood all day.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Woodland, WAOctober 3, 2018
Pacific seafood is a very fast paced environment. It consisted of flipping fish,sealing bags, catching fish, sorting fish, putting fish on a conveyor belt, and packaging fish. That job just wasn't for me.
Pros
It kept me busy .
Cons
It's was too fast paced for me.
Positive vibe and good enviorment
Night Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2018
Not a bad warehouse, very chill and a bit unorganized but overall a good place to work at. Easy to talk to higher up about problems and finding a way to solve it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Horrible environment
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORSeptember 12, 2018
Do you value racist and perverted coworkers? Than this is the place for you! With a horribly timed work day with no set hours, and no union/benefits, this is the ideal place for somebody with no other feasible options!
Pros
It's a job, that's the only pro.
Really good money
Order picker/truck loader May (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WASeptember 11, 2018
This job was very entertaining plenty of room for growth and advancement.The pay could have been better but overall it was very nice place to work. Fun environment.
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Very long hours
Well done
Sanitation Crew (Current Employee) –  Newport, ORSeptember 6, 2018
I just didn’t like how they made paid checks short never fixing the problem and always having to call work tape before knowing when it was time to go into work
Overall it was an experience , learned alot of new things
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORAugust 29, 2018
An experience and learned a lot new things. You shown how it is to be working what they call Aquaculture . Met lots of important people . Seen many things that opened up my state of mind and showed me what i really want to do
Stressfull
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodland, WAJuly 16, 2018
Everyone like to start drama and bad management. No leading and really disrespectful to each other. To much fooling around. They dont train you probably and dont give the correct tools to do the job.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Have to work with them for a while before getting insurance and benefits.
It is a nice productive place to work. i just wish they took better care of there worker.
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAJuly 8, 2018
I've been at pacific seafood for 2 years . i have learned most of the warehouse departments. But still i had to fight for a raise. I seems that if the management likes you. They will go all out to get things done for you. But if they dont. They will just work you till you quit.with no advancement in pay or position. overall the company is a great place to work. I wish i could say better about the management.
Pros
Deals on food
good company
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 8, 2018
good work. Lost building lease. Otherwise I'd still be there.Management listened to the people working for them.Hours were great. They cared. It is more about haw they treated people.
Pros
Great people
Pretty bad place to work.
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bay City, ORJuly 2, 2018
I have worked there for about 4 years seasonally and have never gotten a raise. I am a hard worker that showed up on time everyday I worked. I worked harder than anyone else and I got nothing out of it. I don’t recommend this job to anyone. Unless you want a low paying job and you don’t want to work hard. The only time you get fired is if you don’t show up when you’re scheduled to work or if you steal.
Transportation Manager was an idiot
Local Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 10, 2018
This company is an overworking machine who doesn't give a darn about their employees. They say take vacation time, but never give you the time off! I've never worked in such a messed up company as this one!
Pros
Cons
Inept Transportation Manager
Don't work Here
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 2, 2018
There are way to many family members working here, and this causes problems with other employees who don't have family working there. Also there isn't any respect for authority.
Basic Food Processing Job
Bottomfish Packaging (Current Employee) –  Woodland, WAApril 18, 2018
It is a good temporary job, but not one that I would want to work at for the rest of my life. It is hard to work here during the fishing season. You are working 7 days a week and 10 hour days. The management is good and they teach you how to stay safe and do the job effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and how everyone works together as a team.
Overview
Customer Service Rep.-Sales Team (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 18, 2018
family oriented, customer and client friendly. hours of work are great, pay and benfits are good as well. work place is laid back and great to be a part of this team.
Long Days
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 11, 2018
The work can be challenging. The pay can be good but you have definitely have to earn it. Work/Home life is tough. You're always on call - or it feels that way and management can grind you down. The customers and the co-workers are usually very nice to work with. The work though can be burdensome because it feels like you're always answering to someone.
Not a good owner
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2018
Owner did not care for employees safety.
The owner will not pay the employee for the working hours and was trying to avoid paying state taxes for the business processes.
Pros
Great Experience as a first time Manager
Cons
Owner was a bad influence.
Pacific seafood
Driver non cdl (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 14, 2018
it's a good place to work, people are friendly, but they can't keep a manager too long. new management likes to show that they are in power so they like to write up employees. other than that its ok.
Family owned, is constantly growing and secure job. Great management team and fair.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 10, 2018
This is a great company to work for. very big and fast growing.
it have great benefits, the 401k program is very good, always matching around a $1.
The Culture is driven by the Diamond Philosophy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Seafood. Our community is ready to answer.