Play YouTube video button

Equipment Operator3 reviews
United States3 reviews
Featured review
Pacific Steel & Recycling selected this as a representative review
Pacific is an employee-owned company and the best business model I’ve ever been a part of as it gives its people a voice and share in the success of the company. We are equal owners at Pacific, not just employees.

I didn’t originally think I’d find myself in the metal recycling and new steel business out of college, but I’m so glad I’m in it now and don’t plan on leaving.

Whether it’s on the new steel side of our business and our material helping grow our communities or its on the recycling side and us helping make the world better, there’s no shortage of higher purpose in what we do.
Pros
Awesome retirement and benefits, opportunities for advancement. Ownership culture!
Cons
It’s not a suit and tie industry if you’re looking for that. This is a pro for me.
I walked away from this position due to lack of accountability from the management team. Any way to save a dollar even if it meant the health of the employees.
Pros
(Esop) employee stock program
Cons
Lack of accountability and safety.
After quitting a job to take one here, and all the ridiculous hoops you have to jump through. I took one and only day off for a family emergency, just to be let go. No matter how bad a crisis is, they think they should come first and foremost. They act as if they’re the best company you could ever work for.
Was not given a single break including lunch break. They expect you to be productive the entire time you’re there.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
The work itself is really awesome and the branch I worked at USED to be really awesome with great managers and employees. We really had a brotherhood/family type atmosphere for a while. But alas, things started going downhill pretty quick a couple years ago. Management has changed twice over that time period and it's now being run by two very inexperienced people that love to shoot their mouths off and micromanage. Most of the experienced people at the branch have left within the last few months. It's not a good situation at all and I feel for my brothers that are still there just trying to keep their heads up.
Pros
The work itself is fun and most of the guys are really good people.
Cons
Very stingy with raises and very poor management that is incredibly out of touch.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Steel & Recycling. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Pacific Steel & Recycling Reviews by Location
Career recommendations for Equipment Operator
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Equipment Operator in US