Play YouTube video button

Warehouse Worker6 reviews
United States6 reviews
Featured review
Pacific Steel & Recycling selected this as a representative review
Pacific is an employee-owned company and the best business model I’ve ever been a part of as it gives its people a voice and share in the success of the company. We are equal owners at Pacific, not just employees.

I didn’t originally think I’d find myself in the metal recycling and new steel business out of college, but I’m so glad I’m in it now and don’t plan on leaving.

Whether it’s on the new steel side of our business and our material helping grow our communities or its on the recycling side and us helping make the world better, there’s no shortage of higher purpose in what we do.
Pros
Awesome retirement and benefits, opportunities for advancement. Ownership culture!
Cons
It’s not a suit and tie industry if you’re looking for that. This is a pro for me.
My purpose here @ Pacific Steel is very fulfilling. The business of ownership and the ESOP is rewarding. We work in a fast pace environment and move alot of steel on a daily basis, in my opinion, we are safety minded and safety orientated in all aspects of the company. With that said no company that I have worked for has been perfect. Pacific Steel comes alot further down that road than the rest.
This job is not for everyone, granted, especially if you dont want to listen and learn and to do what is expected of you. We are not in Iraq, or Fallujah for that matter.We are however Pacific Steel we move alot of steel with equipment and personel on a daily basis as safely and as accurately as possible. Nobody has ever shot at me and i have never had to run away. If you listen, learn and think about what we are doing, being true to yourself and to your company,, we can go a long way,safely, together, I look forward to it everyday.....
Pros
i get dirty
Cons
i get dirty
It's not worth your time unless you want to work in an environment full of complacency, workers with no experience of overhead cranes, side loaders, and fork lifts. If they can you into night shift, good luck getting off of it. You will work 330pm to whenever you complete the jobs. I spent countless 12-14 hrs shifts. I felt safer in Fallujah and Sadr City Iraq
Pros
Benifits, esop
Cons
Good Place to work, Good pay with great hours. Can be a fun job with great employees at the Sugar Avenue Location. Good Advancement opertunities. Awesome environment.
My suggestion to you is to look elsewhere. Everything about working here is a guessing game. Management is disgusting. They are never around, or sit in their little offices doing BS.
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The work hours were great and the warehouse and yard are kept exceptionally clean for a recycling/scrap yard. Employees are treated fairly and management is very personable. I learned a lot about the classification of recyclable materials.
Pros
Employee owned, safe work environment, great hours
Cons
Unstable market, low pay
If you enjoy not knowing when you will be working overtime, weekends, or nights. If you enjoy over powered and meddlesome middle management. If you enjoy being lied to about possible opportunities and advancement. If you enjoy a dangerous shop environment with constant hazards and close calls. If you enjoy grueling outdoor labor, or shotty interior office work, Pacific might be the place for you.
Pros
Esop, health/vision/dental. 401k and very few others.
Cons
many.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Steel & Recycling. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Pacific Steel & Recycling Reviews by Location
Career recommendations for Warehouse Worker
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more