Pacific University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Work-Study Employee
Studio Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, OR 97116June 1, 2018
Questions asked were not relevant to my employment due to the type of employment I was engaged in. Workers like myself are hired on a biannual basis and questions regarding the employment were structured towards permanent employees or employees not participating in a federally subsidized program.
Great work and teamwork experience
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKMay 28, 2018
Great place to get semi-professional experience in customer interactions. I felt like my work experience was enriched form working this position, even if it was for a little amount of time
Great co-workers and students!
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORApril 14, 2018
I was a visiting professor at Pacific for two-years and will always cherish my time there, particularly the wonderful people, but also the beautiful campus and community.
Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMarch 2, 2018
Pacific offers great benefits but little pay for staff. Unfortunately faculty and staff are not treated equally and staff is often overlooked. it is unfortunate,
Faculty in English and GSS (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORFebruary 26, 2018
It's a great place to work. A typical day at work includes talking to students, collaboration with faculty, and working in an environment that encourages thinking and an exchange of ideas.
Pros
great students
Cons
temporary status
I worked just in one department
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORFebruary 25, 2018
The department I worked in was fun and flexible with my schedule. It was a good job to have as a student but I would not want to work there after graduation.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant to the Sports (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day usually started on the computer and transitioned into outside work. I loved working for Pacific and the environment it provided for work-study students.
Success depends deeply on staff support and morale
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORDecember 21, 2017
I think my time here was great. I had great support from my supervisor and always great support from my staff. Some of my coworkers from a different staff didn't have it as good. My favorite part was helping residence.
Summer Internship
Summer Biology Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORNovember 29, 2017
During the Summer of 2014, I worked with a Biology Professor as a Research Intern. For my work I received a stipend. My hours were flexible and variable.
Great benifits!!
Medical Records/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonOctober 16, 2017
Doctors are friendly but job is stressful. Lot's of clients with insurance questions and a lot of distractions. You have to be
able to multitask. Great benefits!
Pros
Discounts on frames
Cons
Stressful
Good work pace
Technology Helpdesk IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, OROctober 14, 2017
This is a great place for loving your co-workers. They are awesome. Good work pace also. Need to focus a little more on on the job training to keep current.
Personalized experience
Freshman Year Seminar Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, OROctober 11, 2017
It can sometimes take a while for supervisors to get back to you and verify confirmations. However, they were very flexible with work styles and schedules.
Positive supportive work environment
Track and Field Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORSeptember 6, 2017
Great and positive work environment. Really nice staff! Cares about the students! The school is very focused as a teaching facility so they don't require professors to ensure a certain amount of research submitted per year. This allows them to work with students more and give a better education.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Takes awhile to hear back from
Fantastic Place to work
LIBRARY CIRCULATION STUDENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, OR 97116August 5, 2017
As a student, working at the Library was convenient and useful. It soon turned into much more. Working at the library is fun. My supervisors and coworkers are a great bunch of people. Everyone really cares about each other and this promotes a really positive workplace environment.
Pacific is Terrfic
Undergrad Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJuly 31, 2017
Pacific University is a quaint little college located in tiny Forest Grove, Oregon. It is a beautiful place to live on campus. Working in the athletic department, you learn how to be a real coach and see the everyday ins and outs of a NCAA program. Cannot say enough good things about my time as a Boxer
Great supervisors and lots of opportunity to learn
Assistant Archivist (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJuly 12, 2017
As a student worker my experience is limited, but Pacific University I have enjoyed my time working here. This is mostly because the faculty and staff are generally very good at what they do and patient with individuals in entry level positions.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough funding to support all academic departments
Internship
North American River Otter Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMay 29, 2017
Internship through the university; great experience interacting with and learning from the faculty and outside organizations. Would highly recommend opportunities like these.
Awesome Place to Work
Marcom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMay 17, 2017
Great place to work, all nice and helpful people. Very flexible with time off and scheduling. I had a lot of fun working with Joyce Gabriel and her team.
Close nit work environment
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMay 4, 2017
When you work at Pacific you are there to support the mission of providing high quality education. When you join the team you join a family as it is a place you would not want to leave once you get there.
Pros
Purposeful Work
Cons
Lower compensation relative to work load
College work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMarch 10, 2017
Working with students my age was joyful and I was able to learn a lot. My receptionist skills improved, along with social skills and typing. I very much enjoyed my co-workers and the job.
Pros
experience
Cons
little hours