Pacific Western Bank Employee Reviews

Great Managers
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2018
This division for Pacific Western merged with Capital Source or was bought by Bank of the Internet. None of this is currently applicable. However, when I was there. It was an enjoyable place to be.
Pros
Utah Management
Cons
Cubicles & dialing
Don’t work here
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 1, 2018
This place Is terrible. Every time I would go in I would feel stress balls growing on my back. I never felt relaxed and my management was horrible. By far one of the worst jobs I have ever had. Don’t quit your job for this one. No one listens here. You are on your own. All those good reviews are lies! This is not worth your sanity.
Cons
Not a great place to work but decent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2018
I enjoy working here because the people are great but the management is not that great and other employees can be rude. Depending on where you work there will be more work than you get paid to do. It all depends but the pay is not that great.
Pros
People, culture, locations, insurance
Cons
Salary, annual bonuses, management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 9, 2018
This is a great place to work. You really get to know the people you work with and you really get to know the customers. There is room for advancement but it does not happen a lot.
Do Not Apply
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2018
This is literally the worst job I've ever had. We have meetings about "new standards" they are are followed for 2.5 days then everything goes back to the terrible way. Management wants the most from you but we can't get the smallest from them. They always come up with an excuse if you want a promotion. You're under paid for the work that you do. Everything is tedious and extremely old fashioned. Save yourself and your mental peavce of mind and don't work here
Pros
Lol
Cons
Exceeds character limit
Micro management
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2018
You will be micro managed to the point of being told how to do every aspect of your job on a daily basis. A smaller bank that is dead set on doing things the 'old fashioned' way with very little desire to update procedures. This bank will have trouble holding on to employees with the poor management and very low pay.
Team-oriented work environment
Teller Processor (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 24, 2018
On a typical day, it is required for processors to process an average of 35-40 courier bags. While it is only part-time, there are times where the office becomes a quick-paced environment. It is easy to speak with management in terms of any concern one might have, or any questions in general. Management makes it easy and comfortable to do so. There are times, especially during summer, where the office is a bit slow-paced, however there are still other tasks that can be completed during down time. The environment is pretty team-oriented, as all teller processors are working on the same tasks daily and each table has similar duties to perform. While there is hardly room for growth in this particular office, there are many things one can learn in the office. Some things include how to work as a team and how to be a quick, yet effective, processor.
Productive and fun workplace
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 23, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Learn alot it was a great temp job. The people I worked with were very helpful and overall the environment was really great.
Not too many layers of management. Decisions could be made relatively quickly
Executive Vice President/Middle Market Lending (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAMay 10, 2018
Interacting with the CEO and the President every day was enlightening. Management was open to discussing and considering anything that made sense. Decisions were made relatively quickly, compared to other institutions.
Good place
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 25, 2018
When I worked with Pacific western bank I had a good experience. Work environment was calm and relax always. Good direction. My boss always made sure we were informed at all times of new and updated forms.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Couldn't advance
Great people, beautiful location.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 27, 2018
Great people, beautiful location.

we kept very busy all day long, and at month end was a little stressful.

I got the opportunity to learn a new accounting software.
Pros
Food and cookies every Friday
Cons
Candy and chocolates at every corner
International Relationship Manager
VP/International Relations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
* Performed continuous credit analysis & evaluation of current & potential clients. Understanding of all accounts within general ledger, including drivers of activity within each account, as well as certain off-balance sheet financial instruments.
* Preparing standard US GAAP financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow), required financial statement disclosures, and reports.
* Openness and passion for changing processes and analyses for improvement.
Pros
Cons
The Bank decided to close the International Department
Ojai Community Bank
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Excellent Bank to work for. Very professional with internal and external customers. Most of the employees were wonderful to work with and all worked hard for the same goals.
Pros
Hard working staff for internal and external customers.
High pricing made it difficult to do deals
Vice President Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Strong bank however completely driven by gross profit margin. Worked their employees to the bone. Constant sales pressure and over regulated industry required too much focus on compliance.
Great benefits
AVP- Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 10, 2017
Good workplace culture and supportive team leader. Senior management knowledgeable and experienced. Long hours with intense pressure. Great insurance and benefits
Outdated System
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 6, 2017
Frustrating and outdated system for everything here still using physical files. Not ideal for mental health or vision due to outdated systems and poor ergonomics. No possibility for advancement.
Your just a commodity
Desktop Support / Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CANovember 2, 2017
Was told my position would go temp to permanent but that was clearly false. Did a good job, better than most senior techs, but dropped like a fly due to some who knows if its true excuse. Huge amount of IT teams and employees that don't share or work together well.
quite
Branch Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 20, 2017
quite work area but can be very fast pace at times. I had a major issue with not having any sick days since the company did not provide that. the best part was that they worked with my school schedule.
excellent!!
Monitoring and Compliance Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 12, 2017
This was a great place to work, i enjoyed it fully. There was always room for growth and great management to push you to your full potential. Its a shame it had to close.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2017
I worked with this bank for a long time. I like work with all my colleagues. They are very good and friendly . Location and work environment was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Western Bank. Our community is ready to answer.