Pacifica Graduate Institute Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great benefits, poor income
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAAugust 28, 2017
The workload and income of the different positions are not fairly distributed. Program Administrators are underpaid. No cost of living increase for staff. The benefits are great..
Benefits
Cons
Salary
unique education
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAAugust 28, 2017
Unique education. Sense of community. Supportive faculty and administration. Freedom to be creative with course design. Collaborative colleagues. Strong community ethic.
Productive place to work with
Librarian Assistant III (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 8, 2017
Fun, balanced, and a supportive crew work diligently to produce a welcoming and inclusive environment for not only the student of Pacifica, but the staff as well.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
Traffic
Best job ever
Receptionist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ladera LaneMarch 7, 2017
This is one of those rare places where things truly are a team effort and each individual's contribution is recognized and respected.

From the bottom to the top rung, people are welcoming and engaging, and treat everyone the same.
Unique atmosphere
Current employee (Current Employee) –  CarpinteriaAugust 1, 2014
Benefits are great, Supervisor is on top of it & very motivating! Unique place to work at the grounds are beauitful flowers trees very nature like. Everyone I've met so far has been very nice & kind and friendly down lambert campus. Fun place to work at. Community gatherings, emerging leader events are fun to attend.
Fantastic!
American Psychological Association (APA) Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Stellar place to work! Great location, people, and benefits. They have a new free emerging leaders employee training program for staff that provides certifications, and they're a half mile from the beach.
Enjoyable workplace with a great community
Receptionist/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 7, 2013
I was the receptionist and as such my job was always to be the cheerful first face you see at PGI. I also handled the database which held student information as well as public events guests.
I learned in this position to be patient and courteous to all people of all walks of life. As well as working well under pressure, with big events and many guests.
The management was easy to get ahold of and I worked well and closely with my direct manager.
My coworkers were alll very agreeable and we worked well as a team to make sure that all aspects of the college went smoothly.
The hardest part of the job was completing very large projects done in very short time frame, but I was always able to meet my deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with the students and guests
Pros
health care, wages, community, and free meals
Cons
working past midnight if the security guard did not show up on time.