Pacifica Senior Living Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Horrable company to work for
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 17, 2018
This is the worst place I have ever worked for. They are not professional whatsoever and harm their residents. The employees are treated poorly. The food is horrible and the residents don't get enough to eat. Over all I wouldn't put animals in this living facility.
Good place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 5, 2018
Pacifica was a good place to work my body couldn’t take the hours I Loved the residents there I wanna go back but i don’t want to work the hours they they tell me to work
Pros
Residents
Cons
Hours
Poor management
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAJune 19, 2018
Poor management, work schedule, short in staff, too much work loads, they expect you to do multi tasks never a day without absences and you have to call people to cover that position or you do the task. Employees come and go quick transition due to schedule disagreement.
Pros
Most of the residents are kind, friendly, easy to deal with
Cons
Poor management
Caregiver can find a better work environment at other communities in Santa Fe.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 4, 2018
Pacifica is well known for paying the lowest hourly wage for caregivers. The company cannot keep a nurse on staff long enough to support and train caregivers adequately. Therefore, residents are subjected to unsafe living conditions. Corporate management cannot support employees because the owner’s only goal is to save money.
Pros
None worth you’re reputation
Cons
Poor work environment
The fish stinks from the head down
Sales and Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 2, 2018
I spent nearly three years in this company. The corporate management style is incompetent, frustrating and challenging to deal with. Salaries are below the norm, appreciation is below the norm, and the Operations Director in the California area leaves a lot to be desired with immature behavior and backstabbing. The company is known for a very high attrition rate of Executive Directors. In 2017 they lost nearly 50% of these employees.
Pros
It's a job, if you're desperate
Cons
Poor compensation, a poor corporate team.
Dismal
Director Services Dining (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 18, 2018
Not a good place to work. Spent more time dealing with residents than in the kitchen. Staff for residents is very low. Which required me to assist. Patient food cost was low. which required me to be creative. in reference to dietary needs of the residents.
Pros
Cons
Doing other jobs
Terrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2018
so unorganized. once was a great place to work but now it is not worth the frustration and annoyance. head manager is the worst, so fake it doesn't even make sense.
Pros
no pros
Cons
terrible managers, no hours
Senior Living for active adults
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAMay 11, 2018
Pacifica was a great place to gain experience while earning my Bachelors Degree. They paid for my training and gave me an opportunity I wouldnt have been able to do on my own. I am grateful for their investment in me and I continue to use skills learned at Pacifica Senior Living in my current job. The hardest part of my job is having so many people to care for. You begin to want to help more than you are able to. Knowing I can make a difference in another persons life is so rewarding!
Run as fast as you can
Staff (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 11, 2018
Management is mean. Big Staff turn over. They are always hiring and are still short staffed, day in day out. It used to be a nice place to work here. No more.
Pros
Residents and staff are great
Kitchen
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2018
The kitchen manager was such a horrible person, she down talked you, made you feel useless, and talked about my boyfriend for being black. She got away woth whatever she wanted, and didnt care how she spoke to the employees.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health
Ok
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 7, 2018
At the time, we had an extremely racist and narcasstic ED. Made everyone quit their jobs because it was such a negative environment. Heard it has gotten a lot better though.
Chill laid back work
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 6, 2018
The company was good.The drama was outrageous.Every company has its ups and downs but i myself enjoyed working here disregarding the downs of the company.
Poorly run
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, IDMay 1, 2018
The caregivers at this facility do their absolute best to give the absolute best care to the residents. The resident to caregiver staffing ratio is reasonable compared to most assisted living facilities.
Fun workplace
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAApril 21, 2018
Serving the elders for me was a very memorable experience. Helping them adapt with the transition from different senior living to another and making them feel welcome and satisfied.
Very great place to work and meet great people.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2018
I think Wyndham Lakes was an amazing place to work I would come and greet all of my regular residents and other coworkers, it was an overall amazing experience at the beginning. I learned a lot about customer service as well as dealing with aggravated guests. The hardest part of my job was definitely when I would connect with a resident and then they would pass away, as well as, seeing patients go to the hospital. The most enjoyable was meeting all of the new people and residents.
Only for the experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMarch 30, 2018
Over worked and under staffed. Stressful and poor training. People quit then new hires come in then they quit. Employees just dont last long especially when they find out how BAD the benefits are and pto is a joke. You must work all Holidays no 3 day weekends.
Pros
Helping the residents
Cons
You’re 1 employee but you’ll do the work of 10 employees
para es bueno
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2018
lugar placentero para trabajar , excelente equipo de trabajo el trato bien , solo un problema no tiene los suficientes beneficios que necesito por ejemplo 401 k , shot dessability , el seguro medico no es tan bueno , el salario es regular por lo demas se trabaja muy bien
Pros
exílente grupo de trabajo
Cons
no son suficientes los beneficios
Great Place to work
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2018
I love working at Pacifica... Management is great... Staff is great, and most of all residents are A PLUS AWESOME... Employee benefits are great too...
nice place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 6, 2018
Very nice environment love the scene here. The patients getting to know them. Staff was okay just felt that it was short all the time there and needed more help
Mostly Cons not really any pros
Nurse (Former Employee) –  AzMarch 5, 2018
Just not the place for me. I am too caring to not be able to make a difference. Not enough caregivers to watch and help . I just can't deal with the constant running as being one person taking care of all the emergencies that happen regularly. Its definitely too much for one person and that's what they want.
Pros
I liked the other nurse and cordinator
Cons
Everything else