Pacifica Senior Living
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

Pacifica Senior Living Employee Reviews

United States464 reviews

residentseniorcaregiverlivingmemorystaffcaremed

Coworkers are good, corporate folks are worthless

Good steppingstone… pasted that Corporate don’t care. Only care about bare minimum. Don’t back up the staff. Management doesn’t follow through with what they promised

Horrible work environment

Worst job I’ve ever had in my life. Worked there 17 months worked every holiday never got any pto. Residents are treated poorly management is horrible. Lots of things that goes unnoticed. Definitely wouldn’t recommend this to anyone definitely would never take my pet there to live so surely no family member. The memory care rooms have roaches n mold.

Pacifica Senior Living insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

nothing

stress and more stress on call all the time can't get critical issues such as life safety and building codes up to date and on time because they do not pay there dills on time

Pros

free lunch if you are mexican

Cons

Buen ambiente laboral… flexibilidad de horarios , desayuno, lunch and dinner incluidos.

Pros

Flexibilidad horario

Cons

Trabajo fines de semana

Helping seniors with sailing tasks they aren't able to do

I loved working at Pacifica. I value helping seniors with daily tasks they may not be able to do because of an illness or disability the henders them from doing so. I get a sense of fulfillment in taking care of them and insuring that their residence is clean and I am able to lighten a task that needs to be taken care of. I admire the veterans for the sacrifice they took when Jiang the military and putting their own lives on the line to ensure that their family and America as a whole has a chance at a better life. They paved the way in showing our future leaders need to do to make this world a better place. I am truly great and feel BLESSD they had the bravery to do so. So giving them a break of and everyday tasks so that they can enjoy the remaining days they have before leaving this world is an honor, and my duty to give them their flowers while the can still smell and see them.

Pros

Meeting and hear different stories of the time the veterans severd protecting our way of living

Cons

Staff the treated the veterans and their family like a chore and not a hero.

Worst company ever

I was told one salary rate and had to ask 3 times before I found out my hourly rate, which was lower and hourly, not salary. They claim to be Monday through Friday but there is weekends involved. Just stay away from this place.

I was able to get to know the residents and their families most of the staff is extremely friendly,

A beautiful place to work friendly staff, free meals, got to attend happy hour with residents and get to know them a little better would take the mail to rooms,

Pros

I did receive free lunch I was also able to take personal time off if my children were sick

Cons

But I was wrongly terminated when I contracted covid and was asked not to come back

Not consistent

One day it's great, the other everything is wrong. Meals are cheap, residents don't get choices, short staff, too many call ins, pay is not at the same rate as others. No management help, not a positive environment.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

No breaks, no advancement, harassed

Nice place to work, not long term

This place was nice to work and loved the residents. Everyone pretty much worked together and whoever didn’t had their work left for them! Some of the management had their favorites but I don’t think it really affected the work with staff. Pretty laid back

Not Worth It!

I love the residents and my job. Honestly, management is the most horrible people ever. They don’t care about employees nor will they ever. Entitled people everywhere. Don’t waste your time here.

Poor mangement

HR is not there for the employees,they can't keep staff at all. Management talks down to all employees. You get a final warning without being previously talked to.

Understanding management/Always Understaffed

The management was good about giving time off and understanding when someone wouldn't come in but was always shortstaffed and had no shows. Training isn't completed properly because people are needed on the floor faster then they can train them, which led to neglect.

Easy going

This job was very easy going it’s was a place where you can truly be yourself especially helping the elders in the care was truly a gift of achievement from working there but the experience is way more easier than an ordinary fast-food business that is fast paced & stressful so if your looking for a place that is smooth sailing & calm or overall delightful experience definitely check out Pacifica Calaroga Terrace Senior Living.

Pros

Free lunches, friendly staff members

Cons

Not very good pay (minimum wage)

Nice

Everyone is sweet, management is ok.. I’ve worked here for a little bit over 2 years and it has been a stepping stone to say the least. Enough room for growth.

Not getting full check

Working overtime but not getting paid for it except you to take care of 42 patients with one CNA one nurse and will not call in anymore help but wants you to get all the work done

Horrible management firm overseeing staff

I would not recommend working here they do not value their employees.They micromanage too much and not value good employees. And because of that they have a high turnover with management

Pros

Nice people work there

Cons

They don't compensate people face handsomely

corporate micro managed and incompetence..

The driver job itself is fun and the residents are awesome, but the supervisor makes mistakes and blames you and is not interested in your side of any story.

Pros

good equipment and fun interacting with the residents

Cons

micro managing supervisor who rules like a dictator

Kind of a rough job environment

Left and now happier. I was only there for 6 months, and the whole time the environment was very anxiety inducing. Just glad I left when I did. This place needs a huge overhaul.

Official response from Pacifica Senior Living

June 27, 2022
Thank you for your past employment and thank you for sharing your experience. We will use your comments to improve our community to be the best it can be for our future employees.

Lack of proper training/staff negatively impacts care

The SNF/rehab side needs a major overhaul. The shower room seems to rarely get used. They don't have the staff needed to properly care for the residents. When I was interviewed I asked how many nurses/aides they had per shift and they could not (or just didn't want to) give an answer. Red flag. Most of the staff I worked with were agency and they were great, but stressed to the max. Everyone was. Turnover of facility staff is high. Safety, mobility, and hygiene severely lacking. Always seem to be short on needed supplies like gloves and wipes. It's sad because the residents are sweet and the facility is nice. They could do 1000× better. If they really wanted it to be, I think this could be a nice facility.

Pros

The residents

Cons

Stressful, zero training, short staffed, lack of supplies needed to effectively do job

Productive and rewarding

I really enjoyed everyday that I worked forr this company . The best part of my day was seeing the residents ....Working with the residents . Honored to be able to build relationships with the residents and great leadership is within the company. Everyone is friendly

Arguably the best nursing home facility to work at in the area

It is your standard nursing home job and standard facility. Coworkers come and go and new people are constantly training. Some people are trained at the facility without prior experience so it’s not only a learning curve for them but you’re gonna have to be patient with them. It’s easy to feel bitter when you feel like you’re doing everything. The med dispensing training program for caregivers is kind of worrying. The medtechs when I worked there had attitudes when asked to help on the floor and will not help struggling caregivers even when their done with their med pass. They’ll close the medroom door and sit behind the desk on their phone waiting for their shift to be over. Management team was good overall. Work schedules aren’t out till the last week of the month. The constant turnaround of employees means sometimes there isn’t enough people on the floor which leaves one caregiver for each unit. They’ll ask you to pull doubles and pick up shifts which is great if your looking to increase your paycheck and sometimes they offer incentives to pick up shifts. The residents here are great though. They hate it when you don’t answer their call light right away but for the most part are understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacifica Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.5Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
1.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight