PacifiCorp Employee Reviews

Worked with good people
GIS Specialist - Mapping (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2017
Worked with decent, honest people with a high code of conduct and professional work ethics. They also knew when to have fun.There were some good challenges and we always rose to the occasion. We overcame obstacles such as computer glitches and break downs. I worked with some very intelligent people and we always mentored each other and tried to make things better for everyone. I acquired a tremendous amount of skills there.
Berkshire Hathaway likes to make cuts in personnel but doesn't foresee the consequences such as not having enough people to get the work done or how much harm is done to someones life when their jobs are cut short. This was not my personal experience but that of my fellow employees on several occasions.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Favoritism and oppression from the management
Negative Culture
GIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 17, 2017
Pacificorp could be a much better place if there was an actual interest in employees. For most, there is no advancement opportunities unless you leave your department.
Regulated Utility
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 16, 2017
The company offers a very corporate environment with little room for advancement. The company expects true commitment from their employees with no company commitment to the employees.
Wouldn't even give this company a star.
Lineman (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 23, 2017
Bad management. Spent 12 years here. Worst mistake I ever made. This company is in a race to the bottom. Everyone that is a good hand is leaving. If you don't have any experience and love a company that is up your hind end, this is the place for you.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything other than overtime.
Productive work place with continual training.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 3, 2017
Each work day was different from the day before. There might be several outages due to weather or traffic accidents. Customers would call about a high bill, or to start or stop their service. Daily tasks could be stressful but management would always be there to help alleviate that stress by giving agents time off the phone to handle back office work. Both management and my co-workers made my job enjoyable.
Pros
Company Parties and Contests
Cons
Working overtime when there were outages.
Tough Place to Work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 18, 2017
Not a sophisticated IT org. Energy companies move slow. Held by a venture capital holding company so they are looking for steady revenue, limited investment. Business moves slowly.
Toxic Environment
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  ORJuly 17, 2017
Get in to experience in the utility industry and get out. Upper management has created a toxic environment to work in. Benefit cuts, layoffs as company produces record profits. Will not hire and promote within.
One of Oregon's finest companies
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 13, 2017
My experience working at Pacific Development, a subsidiary of PacifiCorp was one of the best I've had in my career. PacifiCorp is a fine company that supports many community organizations.
worst company to work for!
Journeyman Lineman (Former Employee) –  Riverton Valley, WYApril 24, 2017
Being a journeyman lineman means nothing with company... you have to retest with their tests... the management is shady... you can get fired for anything at any point in time. As if this job isnt stressful enough, you have to worry about losing your job if you did something management didnt agree with. They dont care about you... your just a number to them. Its sad when construction companies treat ya better then a utility... glad Im over and done with this company...
Not what you know but who you know
Plant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 4, 2017
I've worked for this company for 15 years seen it in a downward spiral ever since Mid American took over, I've seen highly qualified people apply for jobs passed over cause they didn't have the connections or relatives on the inside , more times than not that's the only way you're going to get a job with this company 100 percent good ole boys club.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
To many to list
Horrible place to work
Journeyman Estimator (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 4, 2017
When something goes wrong the first reaction by management is place blame, not how to fix this, it is who do we go after.
Don't just take my word for it. Take the word of all of us on this thread who experienced it first hand. Go somewhere else you will be much better in the long run.
This is a horrible place to work.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
I don't even know where to start..
Be careful, look elsewhere unless your desperate.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  WyomingMarch 1, 2017
The only thing good to say about this company, is it pays well. The health care is extremely over priced, especially if you have a family. The moral and the friction between management and workforce is the worst I have ever seen. The Union there is also the worst I have ever seen, one president embezzled the other a self serving bully. Job security is non exsistent, constant talk of closing. Management is pathetic, only caring about their bonus, nothing about the work force or maintaining anything adequately. One last note, union contract is up shortly, would expect to lose even more.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor union, super high health care, poor work ethics, super greedy management, etc, etc.
Great Environment with Good People!
Transmission Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2017
Wonderful company that has many brilliant and awesome men and women in it. It is a laid back environment, and even on the most hectic day, stress is pretty low. Management is always striving to improve practices and training, and the System Operators and Field Crews are very dedicated to getting the job done correctly.
Enjoyable position with personal satisfaction
Project Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2017
Enjoyed the work experience while there. Not happy that position was on a contract with an agency however.
Salary was acceptable, enjoyed job responsibilities etc.
Pros
Solid reputable company, good co-workers
Cons
Contract Position
This Company has Troubles
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 31, 2016
Be leery before you apply. Corrosive work environment. No respect for employee work ethic or commitment. People are leaving like rats from a sinking ship. Be very careful
Utility Company seeking it's regulatory return
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2016
PacifiCorp is a successful utility company that will always receive its 10% return each year however it is many times at the cost of employees working harder, and with less satisfaction.

It can be a very stable work environment where you can have a long career, but there may not be much growth or overall job satisfaction. Most employees will say that they can come and work in a mostly free environment however management often is not transparent in how they want to operate and grow.

I wouldn't say that there is a lot of creativity going on in this utility company.
Review PacifiCorp
Manager, SAP HR & FI Functional Support (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 29, 2016
Is a good company to work for but they are going through a major personnel changes. Are currently in the process of outsourcing many IT functions.
Great Exposure
Workforce management (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 28, 2016
Good environment to work. Lot of learning exposure in metering world. I enjoyed working here.

Nice team work. People are very helpful and co operative.
You are required to be a drone.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 17, 2016
The compensation is decent, however, the insurance is extremely expensive. You MUST join the union and pay union dues. You are tracked on GPS at all times. You get ridiculed for any mistakes you make. They tell you who to vote for, where to shop, and if you aren't a lineman, you are not important.
Pros
Pay is good after the probationary period. Some autonomy
Cons
Expensive insurance, Union (closed shop), rare advancement opportunities.
Very Disappointing
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 15, 2016
No Work Culture at all- Treat Contractors very badly. Management is very bad, no proper planning, want contractors to work extra hours but they dont pay for those extra hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PacifiCorp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7