PacificSource Health Plans Employee Reviews

Quick-Paced but Fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 1, 2018
Everyone was pretty laid back and always willing to help. The management was friendly and helpful, too. Pay and benefits were nice, work was challenging at times but still relatively easy to learn.
Great Company
CSR for Medicare and Medicaid (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 22, 2018
This company was amazing. I was sad to leave, but it was purely due to my own circumstances. The department I was with worked was very supportive and management was always wanting to push up to do better to meet our career goals.
Excellent Company with a top tier executive board
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORNovember 24, 2018
Flexible hours
Ability to work from home (when needed)
Quarterly bonus
Training opportunities to continue development
Excellent work environment
Excellent Benefit
Pros
Excellent Management
Great benefits; terrible job
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 5, 2018
This company provides great benefits. Since they are an insurance company, they provide their own benefits to the employee at very low cost. If this will satisfy you in a job, PS is the right place for you. Other than the benefits, there's not much for the medical employee. Bullying behaviors abound. The written policies are obscure, and contradictory. The policies openly contradict each other and new employees are left bewildered. More seasoned employees are daily trying to learn the intricacies of the policies, only to find that the information is not valid due to a contradiction found in unrelated areas.Management does not provide any positive feedback; they only act like chickens and pick, pick, pick. Virtually no clear support from management - they have not established training manuals, clear procedures and policies, or consistent standards....then they blame the employees for problems related to the lack of concrete standards. Strictly an environment that has a glossy cover, but an empty book inside with employees who either keep their heads down, or are pack animals that bully other employees. Very high turnover in the medical division....with good reason.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work environment, co-workers, management
Great benefits, hateful work environment
RN Case Manager - Telecommute (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 19, 2019
Leaders micromanage and bully staff. Always threatening to take away the ‘privilege’ of remote working, and call you to go onsite whenever they want. Several staff bully other staff and it’s tolerated and defended by leadership. The leaders promote fear and speak poorly of the offices outside of our Boise site. They say to be careful and don’t consult with team members in or outside of the office and do not speak in meetings or you will get ‘counseled.’ Everything has to be ‘filtered’ through the leads when doing any new workflows that are rolled out in our documentation computer program so they can choose what to tell the programmer even though they don’t do any of the work or understand it themselves at all to represent it accurately. Leadership is passive aggressive and always hold the threat of losing your job over your head. I’ve worked a lot of places before but never anything like this Mean Girl type of environment that caused sleepless nights and chest pain. Such a relief to be out of that toxic environment.
Benefits
January 28, 2019

At PacificSource we strive to create a welcome and inclusive workplace for anyone regardless of their age, sexual identity, political affiliation, race, or religion. Bullying someone, inside or outside the workplace, is never acceptable and is at extreme odds with our company’s core values. Our organization has a zero tolerance policy for workplace discrimination and intimidation of any kind, and we apply all of our policies equally to all of our employees.

Worst place i have worked in 28yrs!
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 8, 2018
If you are part of a clique or an incompetent manager you may do ok here .
I've also have never experienced such a negative work environment and reading the very current reviews and what I've heard after my employment I wish I would've known before being hired! There was zero effort by my manager to foster a team or even say hello . They look for things to get you fired or push you to quit, HR will specifically target employees that are a threat to management and is not to be trusted! Do not go to HR with your concerns , Keep to yourself and you "might" be safe. If you enjoy living in fear of losing your job on a daily basis, this might be the place for you.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Extreme cliques, Different rules for favored employees, management will sell you out and not back you, no policies being followed by manager but expected of team
Great company that lost its rudder
Employee (Current Employee) –  NorthwestJuly 10, 2018
Company is trying to grow itself from a company that services small to medium groups into a company that competes with the large national health insurance companies. This in itself is not a bad thing, but there is a distinct trend that the company's upper management just wants to jump into the deep end rather than preparing by making sure the business processes are effective/lean and the company infrastructure (both business level and technology level) is ready to withstand the competition. Rather than focusing to make sure what we do we do the best that we can, the executive team are focusing on finding large, flashy, and new technologies or throwing the company into new spaces without researching requirements.
Pros
Benefit/Compensation/Coworkers are great
Cons
Management team isn't aligned for success, High burnout rate
High stress job with no work life balance
Health Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 18, 2018
The do not live up to their company values, putting the member's needs first. Putting cost over members health needs. They don't support employee advancement.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Only received annual cost of living increase
Great place to work for anyone trying to get a fresh start
Sales & Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 6, 2018
I have worked at PacificSource since 2008. Great communication and collaboration. Your ideas are heard. The benefits are phenomenal, and people are energetic.
Very good place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 5, 2018
The culture of the company remains great. The processes and oversight has changed over the years. It is increasingly difficult to accomplish even the most simple and basic tasks without going through an extraordinary amount of approvals and oversight.
If you want career advancement
Medicare (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJanuary 8, 2018
Don’t look here. Pay is miserable and there is no advancement opportunity. Education and experience means nothing to management and VP of Medicare is useless. HR doesn’t seem to care and it’s very cliquish. It’s who you know.
Pros
You have to work hard to get fired
Cons
Pay, advancement opportunities
March 27, 2018

Very sorry to hear this was your experience during your time here with us. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Awesome company to work for!
Government Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 18, 2018
The workplace culture it the best! The company has a great compensation plan and great benefits. They really care about there employees and the community.
Pros
Ins Benefits
Cons
Not able to use EIB until 16 hrs of PTO is used
March 27, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! Our community outreach and workplace culture is a top priority and we're always happy to hear when our efforts resonate with our staff.

Customer Service Representative/ PSA Processor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORSeptember 16, 2018
This is a great place to work. I would love to get back with them. COmpany is a stand up company with great values. I know several people that work there and love their jobs.
Fun place to work if you are apart of the clique
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 19, 2018
I can only speak from my own experience. During my time working for PacificSource I noticed a lot of staff stuck to their own little groups, kind of reminded me of high school (which I hated). If you were lucky enough to be in one of these small groups of people then all was well in the world and you could basically get away with anything because the boss was your best friend. If not, be sure to look over your shoulder because they are watching. No matter how good of a job you do or how much extra work you take on it seemed there would always be something to point out about someone else's work.

There were some perks as for the benefits, pay, holiday parties, team building activities for whole departments and team sports to participate in.

Management in my opinion was unfair and played favorites, but again that was my own experience.
Pros
hour lunch, benefits/pay, holiday parties, educational conferences
Cons
management, clique work groups, unfairness, no room to advance unless your the bosses bestie.
March 27, 2018

I'm very sorry to hear that this was your experience during your time with us. I'll share your feedback with our HR team to learn how we can do better to always make sure everyone feels included and valued.

great collaborative environment
PROVIDER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORSeptember 6, 2018
I liked my manager and team. Good collaboration and positive work environment with other departments. I found it challenging and rewarding. The days were never the same and I didnt watch the clock, busy atmosphere.
Nurse case manager
Oncology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eugene OregonFebruary 15, 2018
Typical day- review of concurrent review of in-patient hospital stays around the country
What I learned- It is exciting to see the differences and similarities on patient care around the country and to broaden my medical knowledge.
Culture-for the most part the culture is positive currently lots of organizational growth and changes
Hardest part of the job-sitting at a computer all day
Most enjoyable- Expanding my medical knowledge while working form home office
Pros
working from home
Cons
lack of face-face patient contact
Stressful Organization
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 30, 2018
Very stressful organization to work for. They almost seem to pride themselves on stressing you out and making you feel incompetent if you can't handle the load. Also, discriminatory against woman, you will not advance your career in Information Technology as a woman here. You may become a manager utilizing and honing you soft skills, but you will not advance your technical skills as a woman developer or analyst.
March 27, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take any act of discrimination very seriously and will share your comments with our HR team.

Negative and hostile work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoAugust 17, 2015
I've never experienced such a negative work environment. Unless, you are in management or one of the cliques, they look for things to get you fired or push you to quit. HR is no support whatsoever and is not to be trusted. Keep to yourself and you might be safe. If you enjoy living in fear of losing your job on a daily basis, this might be the place for you. This is an office full of stress and anxiety for many employees.
Benefits
Cons
Management and HR
Far worse then they have you believe
Health Services (Former Employee) –  Bend, OregonDecember 15, 2013
When I first started working here in 2011 it was a great company. I moved halfway across the county for this job. I made 40% less at this job but thought it would eventually pay off but it didn't. I found out that unless you are a favorite of management you won't advance, even with a college education! Management is poorly trained and not equipped to deal with complex management issues. While many managers are RN's or MD's they don't possess the necessary skills needed in a business environment. When we would express our concerns HR would tell us if you don't like working here you can find another place to work! That's almost a direct quote! They think they provide an outstanding work environment and excellent pay but the pay is not enough for the work you do and the work environment can be hostile.

There are positives at PacificSource but unfortunately they are overshadowed by poor management and no real work life balance. Time off or flexible schedules are frowned upon unless your in management. It doesn't matter how educated or experienced you are either. If they like someone's personality more than your's they will advance them and not you. Don't buy into their hype, this company is terrible and you have to pay a portion of your health insurance now!
Pros
Community Involvement, Great People, Good Benefit Package
Cons
Unskilled Management, Low Pay, No Advancement Opportunities
Nice company
Marketing Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORMay 7, 2017
Good work culture between employees and managers. This company has a good reputation in the community and with insurance agents. They show appreciation for employees and offer time for employees to give back to their community,
Pros
Benefits, nice working culture
Cons
Starting salaries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PacificSource Health Plans. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight