Pacira Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Msl
Medical Science Liaison Lead- Medical Affairs (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 8, 2018
Work hard is a must in this position. Leadership could reconsider speaking with those in the field to get a more accurate idea of challenges. I love the product> Constant turnover cause inconsistencies in facilities.
Pros
Good MA team
Cons
Life balance
Pacira
Surgical Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 12, 2018
Pacira has the best long acting local anesthetic on the market. I truly enjoyed selling this product on a day to day basis. The management at Pacira was truly lacking. My manager who hired me was incredible and then he up and quit because he could not handle the culture nor his manager. She hired a new manager from Stryker and as it turns out, he had his own agenda of bringing his old team over despite growth in my territory. He is now gone as well as his manager. The hardest part of the job was working with pharmacy because we were known as the pharmacy budget busters. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the surgeons. They loved the product and I got satisfaction from seeing how well the patients recovered.
Great product, lousy environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 19, 2018
Hired medical device reps to do pharmaceutical rep job. Leadership was awful. Sales had three comp plans in one year. No quotas until the end or after the end of quarter.
Pros
Potentially innovative product
Cons
Lack of leadership, direction, poor comminication
Clinical Ed Specialist
Clinical Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 8, 2018
I loved my job and would have worked there until I retired. However, they underwent a mass layoff of the Clinical Team. I would go back again in a heartbeat if they asked or had an opening.
Pros
Work from home, ethical
Cons
Gotcha environment at times. i believe it has changed now.
manufacturing technican
Bio manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2017
Pacira was a great place to work. the 12 hour was hard once i had kids. other than that it was a great place to work. I would even work there again no that my kids are a little older.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
rotating 12 hr shifts
Ok
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2017
A typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job. Fo not includes confidential company information or personally identifiable information.
Fast Paced Busy work environment
Senior Calibration Technician Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 12, 2017
Good place to work very busy. Always working around manufacturings schedule. Good hours with good pay. Good people to work with. Ever expanding business.
It's ok
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2017
Good money but well deserved. Need to excel to get promoted and or know people. Top heavy. Benefits, stock options are great. Purpose, goal and vision of company is awesome.
Management leaves a lot to be desired
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2017
The pay and people that work here are good but the management leaves a lot to be desired. People work long hours and not much appreciated. Management practices preferential treatment.
Still working here (Oct 2017), but looking to get out. The company is going through financial difficulties and has a bad reputation.
I don't recommend working here unless you are out of work and this is your only choice.
Pros
The people
Cons
The management
Fun Place to work
Sr. Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 11, 2017
This was a really fun place to work, you would really love working there, I hope one day to work there again. Maybe you can work there too. you would really love it.
Pros
fun
Terrible management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 10, 2017
This company is run like an R&D company. The company is not invested in the employees and the management is only there to crack the whip. Employees that are known to be bad apples are pushed up the ladder while those that work hard are ignored and passed by for promotions.
Pros
Cons
terrible culture
Company full of highly intelligent, professional people.
GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 29, 2017
The majority of employees at Pacira Pharmaceuticals are highly educated, extremely professional, and kind people. Highly dedicated to their work and the success of the company.
Pros
Bagel Wednesdays, food provided often, friendly work environment
Cons
No sick days provided.
struggling to attract and RETAIN good people
quality and Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2017
Typical day is spent firefighting
I learned to work with people, and not against them and to never pass the blame. this was learned as I observed the culture where it was encouraged to place blame.
Management is not cohesive or aligned. Silos are fortresses, well entrenched and always defended.
The culture is non existent, and each head that is in charge creates his or her own fiefdom.
Hardest part of the job is maintaining your own personal integrity and values in the face of senior managers who have neither.
Most enjoyable part of the job are those individuals who dig in and hold on and do the right thing, regardless of the culture or consequences.
Pros
Free bagels on Wednesdays...?
Cons
leadership at war within
Pacira
Sr. Supervisor, Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2017
Pacira is a well paying company with a single drug and more in the pipeline. However, they recently had layoffs which changed the morale. The company is undergoing another management change and are struggling to get the new products developed and lean heavily on one drug. The sales have plateaued and there is little room for growth.

The operators are very dedicated and good at making the product with minimal errors meeting cycle times.
Pros
The company provides lots of free lunches, has an onsite gym, The manufacturing schedule has operators working 14 days every 28 days.
Cons
There is high turnover, Experienced operators are leaned upon to come in on mandatory overtime to keep the process running.
Stressful
Head, Global Procurement and Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 11, 2017
Culture remains as a small dysfunctional organization with terrible attrition rates on a constant basis with no reaction by senior staff, including CEO.
Avoid at all costs
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2017
Pros

Pays well

Cons

Sr Leadership stabs each other in the back
Corporate treats the SD site like a burden and 2nd class citizens
Quality department lacks commercial experience and bases decisions on how the FDA may react to a decision
Culture is horrific based on how sr leadership and corporate treats people
Random acts of management
Criticism from sr leaders with the only intent of putting people down, no direction on what needs to be done differently
No work/life balance
working for
Manufacturing Operator II (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 17, 2017
typical day here starts at 6 am which i like because it gives me time in the afternoon with my kids.you don't see much of management could be good could be bad. to me doesn't really mater I enjoy working here. i enjoy the people here.
Company with amazing product
Director (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 11, 2017
Was afforded the opportunity to be involved in high level strategic planning and clinical interactions. Management all are accessible to any employees. Product pipeline being further developed
Way to much room for Growth needed
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 31, 2017
Pros:
Easy commute
Good location, accessible to highways
Decent benefits & time off

Cons:
Outdated work life balance
Outdated sops
Too much office drama
Pros
Free Lunches
Has a long way to go
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 30, 2017
Disappointing to say the least.

Lacks culture
Work from home is sketchy

Inundated with office politics, drama, and outdated work environment.

I'm not sure who would benefit from this kind of work environment.
Pros
Free lunches, cakes, cookies
Cons
Overall not a positive work environment