Packaging Corporation of America Employee Reviews

Productive and was able to learn
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 27, 2018
Productive place to work give you opportunity to learn. Also small warehouse and hardest job was keeping up with the floor and unloading truck at same time. Most enjoyable part of job was being a Forklift operator and some of the employees
Pros
Free lunches
I am currently still employed here.
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Oxford, PAAugust 23, 2018
I am looking for a job to better suit the needs of my family, I work 2nd shift 6 days a week and hardly have any time with them because theres work to be done at home too.
do what you are told
Manufacturing Lead Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  McClellan, CA 95652August 22, 2018
do not question management even when they are wrong. nothing will change anyways. they are themselves lost and have no idea what they want. they are not listening to their employee. some supervisor are very cool. especially the swing and night.
Great hourly workforce. Great benefits.
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 20, 2018
The people at the plant level are a pleasure to work with. They are hard working, dedicated and establish a true family atmosphere. If the Captain was able to sail his own ship without outside interference, things would go much smoother.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
Fun but stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 19, 2018
Working for PCA was fun and very relaxed but very stressful, like there was never a break. The staff was very nice but some were unpleasant to be around.
Boring
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 16, 2018
Rainbow rainbow rainbow long boring boring boring LOL me some more gourmet dog and I don’t even know where else to say because the sober and is so whack
good paying job in fl
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 13, 2018
i have learn alot in the time that i have been there i learn how to manega with people i learn how to comunicate with other and the importance of taking your job very seruious since it is a dangerous job
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
alot of hours
hot and stressful
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 5, 2018
very stressful. and hot place to work. Pay is pretty decent. Could use better benefits like vision insurance. Hard to advance. Wish they were more family orientated.
Relaxd atmosphere, opportunities for advancement
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Griffith, INAugust 3, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working for this company. Unfortunately I was laid off. The people were pleasant to work with. This plant has recently closed due to business.
Pros
Good location. Paid lunch if worked overtime.
Cons
Cold in the winter.
We had a tv to watch whatever
Forklift Driver flexo utility (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 25, 2018
It was a good company but the supervisor sucks didn’t know how talk to employees he used to scream at us he just didn’t have a way to talk another thing that he would stand behind you will not let you work inpeace
Pros
To long to take a lunch break
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and selfless environment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 18, 2018
First real career setting job. Been with the company almost 5 years. Hardest part of the job was maintaining work life and family life. Wish management was more involved but overall great place to work!
Pca
Environmental & Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJuly 18, 2018
A very production driven company that is very concerned with money, and the company puts the employees second when it comes to production. End of story.
Good for short time to save some money but you’ll find yourself working and sleeping and that’s about it
Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIJuly 18, 2018
The management doesn’t care about their employees. Forced 12 hour days constantly and you work every Saturday. Work life balance should be zero stars. But the pay is good for what we are doing. Working here short term is good but in the end you will need to leave for a job where you get some respect
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
You work your life away
Fun workplace
Operator maintenance (Current Employee) –  Jackson, ALJuly 15, 2018
A great place to work. Laid back. Environment. There are several opportunities for team environment. You are allowed the opportunity to move through your raises fairly quickly. Safe environment with several safety programs.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Drive to far.
Very different culture after Boise Inc Buyout
Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 15, 2018
Boise Inc had started to improve a lot of the employee benefits and had programs to help employees work for advancement. Once PCA bought out Boise all of that changed and everything became about the stockholders and the executive leadership team.
Pca
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
Packaging Corporation of America is a faced paced work environment. You will work six to seven days per week. Packaging Corporation of American has a fair pay scale.
Used to be better.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hexacomb Division Trenton ILJuly 2, 2018
I have worked for the Hexacomb Division of PCA for many, many years.
It used to be a pretty decent place to work but not anymore. I work with a group of people that have been at this location 20, 30, 40yrs.
There is no appreciation for these workers. There are some employees that have been here
less than 2yrs that get paid the same as the seasoned employees. No respect.
There is no balance between work and family. Constant mandatory overtime! Shame on you PCA!!!
Management is horrible. We are human beings!
Many of us have worked here for so long it would be hard for us to leave. Management knows this and uses it against us.
They hang unreachable bonus goals over our heads. If we get close they raise the bar.
Benefits
Cons
No balance between work and family life.
It is a great place to work in my experience.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJune 21, 2018
I operated a koppers 50" printer slotter, and i could do my job reasonably, with help from management, maintenance and coworkers. There were hectic days and issues, but they were always addressed and solutions were implemented fairly.
Pros
Good environment, fair pay, benefits and support
Cons
Nothing stands out
Good pay
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 20, 2018
Though the pay is good there is little to no work life balance. Poor communication between management and employees there is no sense of accomplishment instilled in the employees. Ultimately its extremely easy to burn out and become scornful.
good career
Operator of 320 flexo seal machine (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 15, 2018
some days were more challenging then others however it was worth the pay best to keep your head low and just do your job but even you will have to be on your toes