Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. - PSSI Employee Reviews

Good work place but no hours. Not enough to take care a family
Ex Pssi (Former Employee) –  Demopolis AlabamaMarch 13, 2019
What tips. Example your self ??????????????? Good work place but no hours. Not enough hours to take care a family or your self or anyone else thank you .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fast paced
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 13, 2019
People were stressed out all over the place.lot of pressure on people.a lot of stressful situations,coworkers,unorganized rules.ideas have been suggested they don’t want to take
Es un es selented trabajo
Packe dora de lina (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2019
Me gusta llo trabaje en esta com pania antes en ohio y me gusta
Pros
En selentes
Cons
Un poco de eso
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TXMarch 11, 2019
The job is very hands on and involved working with and around dangerous chemicals and machinery. The really only regrets I had was No teamwork when was needed,but are expected to help with no extra pay, credit, or respect in mind would not go back unless changes made!
Cons
No breaks
It's employment
Sanitation Tech (Current Employee) –  Blountsville, ALMarch 10, 2019
It's not a bad place to work the pay is not that great... You do get paid holidays and vacation after a year of service you have to keep asking for a raise to get a raise.
Pros
Work 5 hours get paid for 8
Cons
Not a good pay increase
This job comes with a lot of water of fun
Hoser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 8, 2019
Pssi was a good sanitation company to work for. They're very dependable when it comes to cleaning up the whole facility of Tyson Foods Inc. Their also known fpr USDA regulations because if the machines for Tysons employees to use isn't cleaned to "The T", and USDA come do their everyday checks and a piece of small meat or a spot of meat is on the machines then the facility can get a Write up and Pssi company as well.
Pros
Enhancements
Cons
When someone is injured on the production floor
Not a good company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMarch 7, 2019
Pssi shows more favoritism to some employees, they don’t know how to run their department. It’s as if it’s just a family and friends business honestly.
Strict uptight unorganized unfair
Floor lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2019
Wouldnt reccomend people to go thru what i had to..work ethic surpasses othwrs by along shot but since I came to work everyday and can be depended on my job is in jeopardy every 5 mins to get someone else work done .... Tired burnt out hardly have enough time for my family
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Too much confusion, unorganized, hostile environment, harrassing at times, high turnover
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  White Hall, ARFebruary 23, 2019
It was a great job u worked 5 hours got paid for 8 hrs hey you can’t beat that now this is a job I am trying to get back apart if there team .........
Decent paying job but the environment and people made it tough to want to continue to work at this location.
Sensitization worker (Former Employee) –  Wallula, WAFebruary 22, 2019
PSSI was a good company to work for, the work is hard labor and that doesn`t concern me or bother me whatsoever. But nobody really helped train me hands on, the workers really were not passionate about what they were doing and were constantly negative. There will always be negative workers but as a community, I want to be working with uplifiting individuals. I am very positive and I believe I would fit into nearly any situation regardless of the people, work, or overall environment. The hardest part of the job was the every day ware on your body but I only worked 10-12 hours so it allowed me plenty of time to my family and sleep to remain healthy. I loved the repetition of the work. I came in everyday and could jump straight to work after our meetings with all the staff and could get my job done early.
Pros
Repetition of work, pay, hours
Cons
Health, people at that plant
Ok to work there
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  De Queen, ARFebruary 22, 2019
Hard to talk to anyone there in the office about Anything. One will say something and the other one would always disagree with it and then your all confused
Not a healthy environment to work at.
Don't know (Current Employee) –  Guntersville, ALFebruary 21, 2019
ITS MY 2ND DAY MY SUPERVISOR ASKED ME IF I WOULD LIKE TO TRAIN FOR SAFETY. I WAS EXCITED AND READY TO LEARN OF COURSE I SAID YES THANK YOU FOR THIS Opportunity. I was instructed to come in at 11pm the following Monday. It's my 3rd day on the job. I arrive at 10:30pm. Nothing nobody even KNOWS why I am at work early. My supervisor doesn't show till 12:45am. Then my supervisor doesn't even acknowledge me. I was lost all night. Then he tells me to clean the break room. Next day supervisor walks me through explain some things. Then says go to breakroom. Then I see him no more. Come in next day he says don't come in Early anymore your not safety. SERIOUSLY. He proceeded to get rude hateful and mean towards me. Made me cry. Unhealthy environment. No communication showes favorite to other's. He was is unprofessional doesn't know how to treat people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
One of the Best jobs I have ever had!
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  maineFebruary 20, 2019
This company is a Sub-contracted company that goes into different kinds of food processing plants and cleans them to USDA and FDA standards. The job is extremely fun in my opinion, however, it is hard physical work. There were times where I would work 72 or more hours per week, and wake up in the middle of the night in pain from my wrists and fingers being locked in place- The money was worth every bit of it- Not to mention the room for growth. I really enjoyed being able to work next to a diverse group of people. I should also mention it is an overnight job, where you work anywhere from 6-13 hours per day, depending on the plant as well as your position. Management was good. The District managers and Area Managers would put a lot of pressure on Site managers and that would cause the pressure to be on for all employees. The job was time sensitive, as we were under contract to release the plants for production by a certain time in the morning. Failure to do so would cause the plant to bill PSSI for "Down Time".

Loved the job! Would suggest the company to anyone. OH and I forgot to mention, I got to travel to about 7 states to work at different plants, company paid for lodging, food , and travel expenses!
Pros
Travel, Money, Busy
Cons
Body Aches, Overnight
it is a productive and nice place to work
laborer (Former Employee) –  arcadia louisianaFebruary 20, 2019
I enjoyed working there, it was a good working environment. the supervisors was great. the work was easy. would love working there again. I will give 100% of my time.
Challenging Work, Mostly Alone
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXFebruary 18, 2019
The job is difficult working in hot/cold environments, but hardest part is taking on 5 or more machines that you have to get spotless before the floor opens back up at 5 am.
from 11 pm to 5 am you have to work on several machines alone in a very loud environment.
if you can handle that and working nights with hardly no one to talk too, then go for this job.

but if you are even the smallest bit social or have difficulty hearing, then try for something else.
Pros
may lose weight working with large machines
Cons
30 min lunch break, dealing with chemicals, loud sounds constantly, main higher up for company have difficulty getting stuff strait with smaller portions of company
Treated unfair
Sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILFebruary 17, 2019
Work you 6 days a week and if you missed they lower your hourly rate . They only seemed to care about the Spanish workers ! Managers talk to you crazy and over work you !
It’s fair enough
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAFebruary 12, 2019
All Spanish people who don’t speak English over work you with no breaks you clean the same spot tell it’s time for you too leave the people there are rude
nice place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Kieler, WIFebruary 11, 2019
i like it a lot i will tell people about it if they was looking for a jobi love it i would not mine going back they would hire people if they want to work
Pros
Cons
long breaks
typical day at PSSI
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCFebruary 11, 2019
I would report for work one hour prior to start up. I would meet with HOR management staff, check for area availability from receiving, Kill area, evis, chillers, breast area, debone, box room, packaging and shipping. I would then meet with my supervisors and leads, check call offs and plan coverage. Have staff make up chemicals, have start up meeting, exercise and then go to work. Highly stressful environment because of time constraints, employee turn over and caliber of applicants.
Work consisted of 12 to 14 hours on a normal day. Otherwise, I would get off work, host job fairs until 2pm, commute 45 minutes to residence, sleep 4-6 hours and repeat . Worked 6 days a week, some 7.
Pros
salary/ challange
Cons
high stress enviroment, caliber of applicants
nice inviroment easy fast paced work
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Delphi, INFebruary 8, 2019
nice inviroment easy fast paced work bosses are always there to help if needed for a third shift job not really bad would recommend it to other people