PacSun Employee Reviews

Found 1,810 reviews matching the search See all 1,811 reviews
Summary
Associate Store Manager / MIT (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 21, 2018
The company had a great group of individuals working for them. Lots of diversity throughout the employees. Fun atmosphere. Business changed after I left the company.
Very Chilled inviroment!
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Honestly if you know the company, you know that it is truly skate board urban life lol! The company truly allows you to be your authentic self, which is one of the main things I loved about it! Its a no judgment zone, be as original as you can be! I worked with some really amazing unique individuals! Going into work was like going to hangout at the beach in Cali with a bunch of your closest friends, or a road trip to calabasas, good vibes! We bounced off of each others energy which made the environment a great place for our consumers to shop in!
Pros
Great people, great discount, good vibes!
Cons
insentive could have been better!
Mannnnn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 19, 2018
Been working there for years.. and just seen a lot of shady stuff............ also everybmanager quit or got fired and I was next up a lot of times and looked over
Pros
No advance
Fun coworkers and employees with nice discounts but with limited help from higher ups
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time there for the most part. I enjoyed the environment that my coworkers and employees created. Usual day once I was manager was taking bank deposits to the bank, doing morning/evening paperwork depending if I opened or closed, dealing with shipment and higher ups at corporate. I learned how to manage small and large groups. Since I'd be looking over 2-4 employees everyday depending if it was a week day or weekend I learned how to lead a big group or small group. It was difficult since a lot of my employees were high schoolers where this was their first job. Having to discipline the kids because they didn't understand what the commitment it was to have a job. I tried to make the work place as calm as possible since I figured out that's how most of my employees worked at their best. My favorite part of the job was working in an environment where it was mostly my peers at the time.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
limited hours, even with management position low par
I learned a lot about customer service and better ways to communicate with customers
Pacsun sales associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 17, 2018
At Pacsun, customer service was very important and working there helped me understand better ways to communicate positively with the customers. On the other side, It was difficult for me to expand my knowledge of the work i did because it was hard to move up in the business. There was not enough growth for me and did not offer me the wage I would like.
Built great relationships as well as career ethic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Starting off this was my first retail job and I feel that I progressed immensely since working here. Will always be thankful for the company. Hardest part of the job were difficult customers, but I was always able to diffuse any situation due to my training I received.
Needs better employee salary
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 16, 2018
In theory working as a sales associate, you can do 100% of the work while management sits in a chair and recieves 100% of the sales commission. It is a nice place to work in your teens and twenties due to the average age of customers and associates. However, PacSun employment is for a specific kind of person, I found myself seemingly mocked for being a different kind of person than the pacsun mold of people. With that being said, If you need a job there are worse jobs than pacsun and the employee discount is nice.
Pros
Good discount, Fun environment
Cons
Oriented to specific people, No incentive to increase sales
cool experience
sales associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108September 16, 2018
i was able to learn a lot about clothing and fashion through working at pacsun and met a lot of cool people. the shifts are short sadly. the hours were also never guaranteed.
NO work/life balance
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Company has lost vision and overworks store staff often with little regard to personal life.Company started as a surf lifestyle brand and has gone so far away from its roots it no longer has a consistent ID.
Fun environment to work
Sales Associate Virginia Beach (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 14, 2018
my store was not as busy but it gave time to set up the store and become closer with employees. Eventually I stopped wanting to work there because of work hours were low.
So much fun.
SALES ASSOCIATE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  90-15 queens blvdSeptember 14, 2018
Very chill place to work. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the fact that you get to dress in their clothing or basically however you wanted. They really cared about their team.
Horrible
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I would never go back to work for this company. They treated me like trash. I worked my butt off but it didn't seem like it was good enough. I was under health circumstances but management didn't seem to care.
Great coworker compatibility.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 11, 2018
PacSun has a fun and caring work environment and the management is very reasonable. Allowing for advancement when proven worthy. Opportunities can be taken when one has the ability to sieze them.
Pros
Great compatibility.
Cons
Low hourly pay.
Typical Retail Workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PASeptember 10, 2018
PacSun was just like every other retail place I have worked with. It really depends on your team mates and how well you get along with them. I was lucky enough to have a great team and we got along well together, but at the same time, no one would take direction or criticism well and the gossip was unbearable. Overall, PacSun is a nice company to work for and I enjoyed their product and employee discounts.
Team oriented and motivated by style and culture.
Assistant Selling Manager (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Pacsun is a great place to work if style and todays culture is what interests you. Great opportunity to work closely with corporate in areas such as visual merchandising and event launches. It is very team oriented which is amazing when the people you work with are like a second family. Some opportunities that this company could look to improve on are more incentives for all levels of employees (both management and associates) and a better pay grade.
Pros
Ability to work closely with the corporate team, and flexible scheduling
Cons
Not a lot of incentives, the pay is not the greatest.
PacSun was my first job
my title was a sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Pac Sun was a great first job as a high school student. The hours were flexible which made it easier to work and go to school at once. I've learned a lot working at Pac Sun and working here took my out of my shy shell.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2018
PacSun is an overall fun place to work, it has its own personal benefits like meeting new people and having a good relationship with coworkers. In some cases it was just a “bad day” and people made you feel uncomfortable or less of yourself.
Cons
Short breaks
relaxed work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 8, 2018
I enjoyed working there. All of the employees are fun to be around. It was very low stress and really easy to work there. Sometimes it would be very high paced but it made it interesting to work there.
Horrible management, poor communication
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 6, 2018
Pacsun isn't a good place for minors to work. Pacsun Treat sales associate horrible they over work you and they also give really bad hours. For anyone looking for a retail job, do not go to pacsun.
Fun work environment to be around
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2018
Personally I loved pacsun, although there were times that I didn’t love it so much. There were too many employees and not enough hours and there was a lot of high school drama. The pay was not enough for what I was doing.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay