PacSun Employee Reviews

Found 1,775 reviews matching the search See all 1,776 reviews
Good
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 18, 2018
I enjoyed this business. Great products and a good work atmosphere. But like any retail job, without management title there is not much room for advancement.
Fun workplace good atmosphere
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 15, 2018
Good for part time but full time you spend all your time there not doing too much. Good job for teenagers and if you want good style, you get 7 half off items every month.
Terrible place
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
Management was very poor I’m not enough hours on the schedule not enough in since it was no compensation. No room for growth and a lot of outsourcing for the same positions
Pros
Cons
Breaks
Great people and great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYAugust 14, 2018
They will work with your schedule at all times and whenever you can’t come in they will call someone to take your place very flexible just not great hours.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Few hours
Fun environment
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Great place to work great music great management works well with your schedule. Very hip and lots of brands to enjoy including Kendall and Kylie , bullhead , brandy Melville
Fun and Productive workplace with a laid back team
Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 13, 2018
I would go into work and start greeting customers, and folding clothes. I learned how retail works and how to sell certain items to customers. When I first started working at Pacsun, the management was horrible, but about 4 months in, the management got better and people actually enjoyed going to work. Whenever I worked at Pacsun, I knew that it would be an easy going day because of the way our store was ran. We did not really stick to our sections, but instead bounced around the store and helped out wherever we were needed. I would say the hardest part of working was closing, because the store would be difficult to recover.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks
Calm environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2018
Very chill environment, with brands i love to wear and work with! I don’t work allot because they don’t schedule me so i need another job! But it’s very fun to be in
Retail nothing more, nothing less
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 9, 2018
When I first started at Pac-Sun it was fun but just like any other retail job, it's all about the numbers. Regardless of how hard you try, no results the job is on the line.
I enjoy my job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 9, 2018
I enjoy my jobs, but I don’t get payed enough in my opinion. I would like to work more hours as well. A set amount of hours are wanted. Other then those things I like my job
Pros
The culture and area is appealing.
Cons
Not enough hours or pay.
A nice place to work and nice employees.
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at Pacsun consisted of hanging up cloths and helping customers with finding clothing items. Put sensors and setting up sales tables was a big part of my job.

Management was very nice, but she was mostly a friend than a manger figure to me. Very easy environment to work in. I was 16 at the time, so the only benefits I received is discounts on clothing.

The hardest part of the job was keeping cloths out of the changing rooms and keeping the store looking organized during open hours. I had the most enjoyable time tagging items and setting up tables to look appealing to the buyers for when we open the next day.

Want to know more about PacSun?

Ask a question
Great for high school or college part time
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 8, 2018
Great awesome job, love the atmosphere. 2 of 3 managers were very kind and considerate. Flexible scheduling. Don’t get very many hours unless it’s christmas time
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Low pay, very few hours
unorganized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Centreville, MDAugust 8, 2018
last i hard, pacsun was filing for bankruptcy, and it came to no surprise to me. pacsun did not believe in hiring within the company. management was a joke, and it was the most unorganized store ive ever worked for in my life. it was a fun job being a teenager, an easy high school job. bu that was all there was to it. there was no room for promotion bc no one simply cared to promote you.
Pros
discounts.
Cons
management
Great place if you enjoy streetwear.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 8, 2018
My time at Pacsun has been amazing so far. Being able to create outfits for customers is awesome. Very flexible hours. Management is there to help you. Managers are leaders not bosses. Great team chemistry. Low starting pay, but easy advancement.
Pros
Managers lead team. Employees are praised for good work.
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work, awful corporation, overall.
Sales Lead Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 8, 2018
Ultimately I absolutely adored my store manager, and that is the reason I stayed so long with this company. However outside of my positive experience at my specific store, I was absolutely appalled by the mistreatment from the corporate level. The pay is absolutely disrespectful and pitiful for what they expect of their employees. This company needs a serious wake up call on how to preserve their good employees, and keep from having so much turn over in these positions that should be easily kept. Truly I've never seen anything so bias, and sad.
Was a great place to work
Store Operations Assistant (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 8, 2018
PacSun was a wonderful place to work when I was there. The culture has changed and I cannot vouch for the current conditions. Benefits were competitive and the pay was on par.
Pros
Fun, Challenging, Benefits, good pay
Cons
Changing culture
No life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 7, 2018
You will have no life when you work for PacSun. There is no balance and the wages were not competitive. The turn over rate seemed to be high at all 3 stores I worked at.
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 4, 2018
Bad management, no advancement opportunities, and bad benefits. The hours were non existent even if considered a good employee. Discount was terrible and the energy was not welcoming.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTAugust 3, 2018
You are on your feet all day but when you're busy it's really hard to notice. Very chill job if you get the job done. You do need a good work ethic. A lot of 16 year olds came in thinking you could just play on your phone but you really can't. Pretty performance based.
Terrible management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2018
The managers seem to change every few months due to the lack of organization and work balance. They lack the ability to sufficiently, fairly, spread hours between employees. Simply if they didn’t like you, you were not scheduled.
Pros
Cons
No hours
Worst job I have ever had.
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 1, 2018
I was there for little over a year as a sales lead(basically manager) I did absolutely everything a manger would do the only difference was the pay. I made $7.90 the DM tries to make it seem like you are lucky that you are getting paid that much. I keep asking I hit my year mark and my raise was $8.52. Again the DM tries to make you feel like you are "lucky" that you are getting paid that much and actually says it exactly like that. The company is not loyal to their workers at all. Pacsun use to be my favorite store and now I can't even stand to go in there. I could go into much greater detail on my terrible experience but I will save you the time. I promise do not waste your time there. (sales associates & I promise will get nothing more than minimum wage, but will be expect to excellent.
Pros
Cons
To many to name