PacSun Employee Reviews

Found 1,857 reviews matching the search See all 1,858 reviews
sick place to work at but lack of scheduling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 14, 2018
I loved working here a lot I wish it wasn't seasonal because I worked so hard to get that job and I would have to drive back and forth from Costa Mesa. I would even call for the schedule and they wouldn't have it up.
Pros
discounts
Cons
distance
Flexible and fun to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLNovember 14, 2018
Pacsun is a fun and hardworking environment. As one of my first jobs I learned a lot and benefited from it. We do not get many benefits, and we do not get commission for our sales.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun but it's retail!
Sales Assistant/Denim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYNovember 14, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working here. Most of the times we hit our target goals for the days months and years. The managers and all workers are very hands on and helpful. Opportunities to be moved up were always options, and always looked for reasons to give you a raise and advance in life.
Pros
discount fun
Cons
public business, customers, wild holidays
Sure, if you really need the job
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 14, 2018
PacSun, at all field levels, tends to pay less than the industry average. It is frustrating, as a member of management, to be unable to offer associates, when hiring, any more than minimum wage - as most other retailers throughout the mall offer $8-9/hour, even at entry level. Further, it is frustrating not to be able to offer promotes (both internal and external) the money that they deserve, as the job does tend to be rather strenuous. Assistant managers and sales leads are, however, able to earn overtime, which may soften the blow a little bit. It seems, though, that promotes, once accepting a salaried offer, no matter how large or small the raise they receive, will be expected, more often than not, to work over (and sometimes well over) their allotted 40 hours/week, without overtime, which often negates the raise. The expectations are high, the workload is high, the pay is low.
Pros
Discounts, culture, team, fast-paced
Cons
No work/life balance, high stress, low pay, working nights/weekends/holidays
Good First Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lee, MANovember 12, 2018
Started as an associate, then became a lead, and then an assistant store manager. Very very poor pay. Associates are only paid minimum wage and do not receive raises. I work without breaks because my store manager likes to leave early. Working almost every weekend is normal. Store manager always leaves early and is still paid for 40 hours a week. Work and life balance is very difficult. Missed a lot of family things. Would avoid this company. Corporate can’t figure themselves out and makes the stores do silly projects that are worthless. I’d say Pac died 5 years ago.
Pros
Unique Clothing
Cons
Poor pay, short to no breaks, upper management
Safe and Clean environment to work in.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 12, 2018
Great place to work at as a start. Located in the mall so finding food local is not a problem. Although you do have to pay clear attention for shoplifters and thieves.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
Short breaks, folding a lot
Productive and fun workplace environment
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCNovember 11, 2018
Pacsun is a great retail environment with a fun and welcoming atmosphere. Pacsun strives on engaging and having the best customer service. Selling great quality product with the best customer service and knowledge.
Pros
Great atmosphere and NO uniforms
Cons
pay wage
You don’t leave til you’re done
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 8, 2018
This was the worst retail experience I have ever encountered, in my 16 years of management.

Never a clear message of expectations l, clear favoritism, and you don’t leave until they say so. I’ve never work 12-14 hour shifts before just to be drug through the mud.

Upper management had zero team work and seemed to mostly enjoy belittling employees. Absolutely no work/life balance.

10/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No work/life balance, long hours, high stress, constant insults
fun and easy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 6, 2018
one of my favorite jobs, duties were to keep store neat, fold clothes, assist guest in finding products they needed, and making transactions using cash and credit cards.
Fun and enjoyable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 4, 2018
Working at Pacsun was a good first job as a high school student. The management and all the people working there were very friendly and supportive. We were all friends. Going to work was an easy walk from my house and being at work was not difficult at all. It was tedious constantly folding and refolding clothes but it was not a problem.
Pros
Easy tasks, good coworkers
Cons
Not given enough shifts
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 3, 2018
There wasn’t too much asked from me. I just had to stay busy by folding clothes and help the occasional costumer finding sizes. As well the environment is good.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Gross bathroom
Relaxed
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXNovember 3, 2018
The management was really cool and relaxed, I learned how to go out of my comfort zone and approach costumers. The breaks were standard but the hours were uncomfortably long for the little amount of break you got.
N/a
customer service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 1, 2018
The work environment was good. Working in the mall it is very crazy and have a lot of people coming in. Since it is in the mall a lot of people were disrespectful, but for customer service job that is very normal
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 1, 2018
Just as I said, I hate that my store got shut down because I made a lot of close good friends. I got good hours and flexible around my school schedule.
Fun work place got to meet a lot of people played great music while you worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 27, 2018
While you worked they played great music
There where a lot of teenagers and young adults who worked at pacsun so it set a great vibe
Very easy job
Pros
Employee discount, very social, great exsprience
Cons
Sometimes rude customers but no big deal
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 26, 2018
Co-workers were a lot of fun...all very friendly, professional. The environment is challenging. The retail industry is temperamental...company conditions can change quickly.
Great Uppermanagement but local management was TERRIBLE
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 26, 2018
Local management resulted in me being let go for no reason other than they didn't have hours to schedule me. The manager I worked for at the time didn't retain his job due to illegal practices such as letting employees go for invalid reasons. Had I got a real opportunity with the company I would of stayed. Great to work for, just make sure your hiring staff is not incompetent of fulfilling their duties ethically in all their practices.
Do not work there!
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYOctober 24, 2018
There is no point on having an employement at this job. You’re basically doing an Assistant Manager job but with low pay rate. Wouldn’t recommend this place at all.
Pros
Cons
Low pay/no benefits
Relaxed
Full Time Assistant Manager/Co- Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 23, 2018
The experience you have working in a PacSun store varies from store manager to store manager and from district to district. Flexible company policy and procedures allow management to make necessary decisions that best suit the business needs of their specific store.
Pros
freedom with decision making
Cons
constant district manager turnover
Product Manager Men's Bottoms (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 23, 2018
hardest part is to have to do a 5 person job rolled into one
Not working off of a system but all mainly manual and on excel
like my team I work with