Pactiv Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Long hot hours but a great place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 22, 2018
Most people at Pactiv were very friendly. I was pregnant and all my fellow employees were super helpful and most of the management understood and helped me out along the way. I really enjoyed the friends I made there. Once you come in you would go to the break room and get ready for the day but make sure to arrive at least 39 minutes before you need to clock in if not more. Then you will need to get all your things ready to go out on the floor including your gloves, ear plugs (because you can not go on the floor without them), your water bottle full of ice and water which they provide in the break room but your equipment comes out of your checks. Go to your machines, you get 2 short breaks and a 30-minute lunch. You are allowed to go to the bathroom you just have to get the water ladies or men who go around and fill up everyone's bottles with ice and water to relieve you and your position because there can be no one position left unattended! It will mess the entire plant up. The job is super easy just make sure you are packing quality products at a severely rapid speed and you cant mess up or play around because you will end up getting someone or yourself hurt and or losing your job. This is a really awesome place to work and if I could make myself handle that heat right now I would so go back.
Always productive place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMay 22, 2018
I usually start my day by ordering material I would need for the machines..Then I would replace what needed to be then do my reliefs of 4-5 machines..This went on all day till 6;30pm before we were ready to leave for the day..Fast-paced environment and always something to learn or do...Management was very easy to talk to...Hardest part of the job was standing all day but I found it better when your constantly moving instead of standing it wasnt as bad..Thats why my supervisor took me from running a machine to being a boxmaker..Ordering material, relieving employees for their breaks/lunch, wrapping pallets and putting it in the loading dock...
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lack of advancement
It’s a good place to work and gives opportunities to grow
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVMay 22, 2018
Personally I enjoyed the people I worked with! The job itself wasn’t that bad or even very hard, the biggest problem was if the machines malfunctioned. The pay was good, especially if you got overtime.
Start up with many challenges
REGIONAL LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 16, 2018
Maintained the cost initiatives of 4 facilities
ensure proper flow of throughput volume was properly arranged
managed KPI's for all locations under my direction
handled customer concerns

how to coordinate efficiencies for multiple location

allowed me to implement continuous improvements and challenge me with daily task.

Develop leaders and hourly associated

ensuring timely deployment shipment to customers

being able to hone my skills and create a positive work environment
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
being downsized due to new ownership
fast paced, competitive,
Machine Operator/ Machine Operator Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 11, 2018
Benefits are great, hot in the summer and cold in the winter but its tolerable. Had understanding Mangers and will work with you if you had to take off.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dealing with heat in the summer and cold in the winter
Long Hours
Plain Molding Stock Tender (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMay 11, 2018
I gained a lot of experience as a plain molding and duplex stock tender. However, packing on tables was a very tough job because of how fast pace it is. I worked a 17hr shift the first week I was there because my relief called in. It seems no matter what your position is you can never be sure when your shift is going to be over.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Very fast pace and long hours
Its a job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 7, 2018
Nothing much to say, its hot and fast paced. But really Cant complain because I was blessed to have a job at the time. I think the pay could have been based on training.
Hard hot job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 30, 2018
This job is very hard you work 8-12 hrs a day in very hot conditions with no air conditioning and they have mandatory overtime 4 am to 4 pm so no life
Lab Technician and Documenter (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 30, 2018
The area I worked in didn't hire anyone full-time, we were all "temps". I miss the people I worked with. We'd all probably still be working together if they hadn't close that part down. Enjoyed my job there.
Productive Workplace with Good People
Unadyn Operator (Current Employee) –  Mineralwells, WVApril 28, 2018
A typical day at Pactiv involves writing down a bunch of readings on machines, operating temperatures on dryers and crystalizers. You also have to make sure the material stays flowing well through the systems whiling keeping all of the temperatures and dew points graphed. I learned how to work on all of the machines that I was around, and I learned how to read gauges that I have never seen before.
Pros
Nice Cafeteria, Great Bosses
Cons
Max pay for my position was 14.77 and I wouldve been maxed out after a year.
The pay was nice but the hours wasn’t
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Grottoes, VAApril 28, 2018
I worked at pactiv as an extruder operator. The pay was nice but it was mandatory to work 64 plus hours a week. If anyone called out it was forced on the shift before hand. The coworker were always trying to get out of overtime then would throw a fit about their paycheck. It was short staffed and the management was ridiculous. They were always looking for any reason to fire someone and then would complain about being short staffed. The equipment there wasn’t working correctly and all of it was outdated. Maintenance took their time to come and fix any problem. Which would lead to the operators getting in trouble for downtime on machines. Coworkers also love to start any drama they could.
Pactiv
Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 25, 2018
It’s a great place to work grate environment to be in and grate teams to work with grate management everyone is treated as equals everyone dose there job to the best of there abilities
Pros
Great pay grate benefits
Poor management, rude people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2018
They don't care what the employees concerns are they only care about getting product out. They run to sections I work in reynolds and the girl that was supposly training me was rude kept telling me to speed up do this do that very stressful. I work for couple more weeks then I quit
Cons
Wouldnt recommended
Managed the distribution center and 6 individuals
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working at this company. I have done everything from Administrative Assistent to warehouse operations and loading and unloading trucks. I would not have left if it was my choice
Pros
I liked my boss
Cons
To much stress
Not people friendly
Procurement Operations Buyer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 16, 2018
Long work hours. Often found it difficult for the personnel in headquarters to understand day to day functions at the plant level, making is hard to effectively initiate positive change. Pay wasn't comparable to the actual cost of living.
Ok company to work
Unit Manager Pactiv (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 15, 2018
24/7 operation with very good internal management. Very fast pace with night customer demands. The pay is good at all levels throughout the plant and would be a good starter position for a young manager.
hot and fast paced
Executive Personnel (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 12, 2018
I worked at Pactiv during the summer months and it was very hot. It is fast paced and it may pay well but I was hired under an employment agency so I was only making $9 an hour.
Singled out
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 10, 2018
Just because you are good at work they always give you the hard lines which is I feel unfair for that because I work there for 2yrs and more I always get the same lines while other operator get the easy line.
Pros
fraction cost of the plates
Cons
being singled out
Avoid at All costs
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXApril 9, 2018
I worked hard and produced consistently good results. After one short panic attack, I was forced out of my job with no efforts at communication made. If I had the money and wasn't reeling from the shock, I don't doubt I would have had a case of workplace discrimination against mental health.
Pros
Starting pay 9.00
Cons
Stressful, lack of communication, lack of respect for floor workers, harsh hours, no chance for career advancement.
Phenomenal
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 9, 2018
Overall my experience at the corporation was great, i was beyond blessed to have the opportunity to work with them. This job taught me so much that i still use now in my everyday life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pactiv. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight