Pactiv Employee Reviews

They where ok
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 15, 2019
Very hot work environment . Loud machinery . Fast pase job I didn't like the job because it was so hot other than that the job was ok the work. Go for it.
Standard place to work
Team Leader/Operator (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Average place to work. There are some opportunities for advancement but will quickly cap out the possibilities!!! Constantly switching management around. Used to feel like we(the hard workers) had a voice and a goal but lately we are feeling underappreciated and voiceless!!!! Seems like the underachievers and the "do bare minimum" so called "workers" are praised and rewarded while us real workers(that ARE holding the fort down) are used and abused and simply, dismissed. New bosses are trying to change the morale but it is/will be a hard road to travel down. On a higher note, I really enjoy the duties of my job and the equipment I work with. I also love 99.9% of the blue collar people I work side by side with. I would really like for Pactiv bosses to lead with positive reinforcement and to employ at least 1 Supervisor that is down for the wellbeing of the hardworking man/woman.
Pros
Nice breaks, free product give aways(holiday times)
Cons
Only 2 unpenalized sick days a year, medical benefits are very expensive
Fast pace and hot environment i didnt like it but other people do like it its good job for some people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJanuary 6, 2019
I learned alot ay pactiv good people to teach about the job but it's a fast pace people there will treat you right if you do your work and give them respect only problem is the shift hours and days
Very secure business
Shipping/Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 5, 2019
A secure business, overtime always available. Benefits are good. Bonus days off for perfect attendance. Paid vacation after designated time. No air conditioning.
Not a good place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 2, 2019
QC lady is on drug during work time, yelling on the packers. The worst the yelling on the operator but nobody say shiit cause there's not management..
Pros
Overtime
No longer a desired place to work
operator specialist (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 31, 2018
Canandaigua plant has changed a lot in the past 8 to 10 years. It used to be a desired place to work because of the benefits and pay. Now pay is offset by the high cost of benefits high deductible, high out of pocket health insurance. Plus you are punished for having a spouse who can get insured elsewhere, if you are a smoker, do a circus act to for points to get reductions in what you pay for health insurance. No appreciation for hard work or ability to do your job. Could go on and on no longer the CHOSEN SPOT to work.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Poor management, benefits, work environment
N/a
Sr Operator Specialist/ Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCDecember 27, 2018
I am a former employee with 19yrs of job experience. I have many happy job memories early in my job career, but the last 2 yrs are very poor memories.
very stressful
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 5, 2018
work is very stressful fast paced .the hardest part of the job is working with adults who act like kids,also most of the focus is on the dicipline basicly your only good as your only good as your last mistake and your best is not good enough .best part is knowing my job well .the culture a lot of the time is inmature at best.
Pactiv
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXDecember 3, 2018
Wasnt trained properly so had a lot of problems and questions about things constantly. Isnt a bad job if you tried to learn everything. If your trained then you can work here.
Hard Hard Work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVDecember 3, 2018
Very hard work on your feet 12 hours a day, everyday. Constant moving. If the line breaks down, you are expected to do something else, sweep the floor, make boxes, whatever as long as you are constantly moving. It takes at least two weeks to get over the worst of the pain. Your feet will hurt. Your back will hurt. Your shoulders will hurt. Your neck will hurt. Everyday I have bruises. They tell you to take Ibuprofen before you get there and after you go home. It doesn't help. I can barely walk when the shift is over. It is also boring. Packing stuff into boxes all day long. But I think about other stuff so I'm not as bored as other people. The actual supervisors are rarely around. I guess they make rounds all over, but I don't see them much. Most co-workers are nice and hard working too. A few are goof offs. The pay is laughable compared to what we have to go through. Watch your hours to see if you are paid right. Whatever the temperature is outside, it's almost that inside. Winter is very cold inside, summer is very hot. It's noisy, but you get earplugs. You only get 1 break between your lunchtime and end of shift. We need at least 2 breaks after lunch. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a union there.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low pay, not enough breaks, physical pain

Want to know more about Pactiv?

Ask a question
Production enviroment
Padder Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 29, 2018
Pays well. Management not always great to deal with and this is a 12 hour swing shift schedule. Pay makes up for this. They do have a high turnover
Pros
Pay
Cons
Schedule
Excellent environment of employees!!
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYNovember 20, 2018
Pactiv has a family of coworkers who seek to teach new employees on all safety procedures and regulations pertaining to the company. The people there are very respectful, patient and firm at enabling packagers to work fast, diligently and safely to become a machine operator. They reward hard working, positive individuals who seek to become one of their many best employees. I have personally received much respect, love and humor while working along with great individuals.
Pros
Great startingstarting pay rate, programs too numerous to mention, provides all safety equipment whenever needed.
Cons
Can be very hot in the summer time, commuting to and from requires transportation.
i like the job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 20, 2018
i like the job i was that for about 14 or 15 years maybe more i can't remeber i would go back if i get a chance but it a 12 hour aday job work two day two off
My 1st time working in a warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 15, 2018
Long hours of ether standing on an production line of siting in a fork truck, driving around a warehouse looking, picking, loading/stacking onto a trailer, being sent out to a customer
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Safety, Quality, and productivity core values.
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARNovember 14, 2018
I’m absolutely fortunate to have gotten promoted and exposed to so many segments of the compay. I was mentor by truly high work ethical managers. Pactiv is an employee of choice.
Pros
Company Store
Cons
Only one facility In Arkansas
Publicly Traded to Privately Owned...and IT Sucks!
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, IllinoisNovember 13, 2018
There is a lack of management across Production & Extrusion Departments. The current Plant Manager doesn’t like females or minorities. They’ve eliminated positions & left many positions that need filling vacant. Some employees just don’t care to succeed or make their teams better & more efficient. This makes it harder for the employees that do. Overall company morale is low. They do allow employees to shop for discounted product from the company store.
Pros
Safety Gift Card Incentive & Company Store shopping..
Cons
Lack of competent management, no training, low company morale
Average Company
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 13, 2018
There are pockets of competence in the management ranks that are minimized by a short-term focus. Financial performance has lagged compared to prior years, and this has a disproportionate impact on working-level morale as pay stagnates and work responsibilities expand. To its credit, upper management tries to communicate via quarterly presentations, but overall day to day communication and focus about company performance and goals is lacking.
good pay and benefits but a negative working enviorement.
Setup Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILNovember 12, 2018
Good pay and benefits along with 8 hour work schedule Monday through Friday but no loyalty from management to the employees causing poor moral company wide.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management and moral
Operator (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARNovember 11, 2018
Management is not helpful at all. Rules change whenever they want them to for example for certain people they like. Overtime is forced. The training is terrible
Great work environment
Operator C Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARNovember 8, 2018
was operator c made sure line was running smoothly and that right product was being run some team work great pay bad mandatory overtime on days that were supposed to be off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pactiv. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight