Pactiv Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Was a good company until going private
Purchasing Agent / Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2018
Pactiv was a good company before it was bought by Rank and taken private. Too much corporate micromanagement. Too much time spent on things that really aren't' "value-added", to use their term.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Too much corporate micro-management
good place to start out
Electrical/Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVJuly 14, 2018
hot in the summer. I enjoy working on the machines and figuring out why they aren't running right. most of the skilled workers are fun to work with. I have learned a great deal about myself and my field of training.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere most of the time
Cons
low pay for packers and operators
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INJuly 12, 2018
company closed I worked on a production line,packing recycled paper products. The environment was pleasant every one was respectful courteous and helpful. we had excelent benefits andplenty of hours of work.
Pros
n/c
Cons
n/c
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oildale, CAJuly 10, 2018
I am grateful to have had the opportunity to have worked at pactiv. It was a very challenging and fast paced environment to having had to work in. Great opportunity in
Pros
Hours
Cons
Breaks
Poor leadership
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 9, 2018
The overall management lack of proper leadership to run everyday operations while HR personnel is inexperience and inefficient at the time to enforce company rules and regulations. These are the two main weakness of this company that makes of this place a very unpleasant place to work.
Not to bad, very little training
Machine Operator I (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJuly 6, 2018
Very fast pace,very hot need more training could use more money for the skills required to do the work. I wish they would let me have more tools required to do the work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
HOT little training
Easy place to work for
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAJuly 5, 2018
Very clean easy place to work at people are very nice coworkers are nice and helpful and and I will go back anytime you get about four breaks lunches half an hour you get a 15 minute break about 3 times you rotate every hour or so the environment that the job is awesome I have no complaints whatsoever and you work 2 days 3 days off 3 days and two days off every other weekend you work
Stressful
Packer/Utility (Former Employee) –  Grant Park, ILJuly 2, 2018
Due the lack of personal working at the Grant Park location, the demands day to day were/are stressful.

Having to 'pause' production lines because of the above statement, was/is a problem.
fast paced
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 27, 2018
This is a fast paced environment. Non climate controlled environment. The people were nice. They had incentives for us when we met production. I enjoyed working there.
It was a nice and enjoyably place to work
Payroll Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 27, 2018
I was really content working for PayActiv, keep me busy all day it was little different of what I was used to do. The hard part was sometimes not having all information needed. My satisfaction having my work done on time.
workplace
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  bedford parkJune 26, 2018
nothing at all i dont know what to..its to you to go there and discover urself.maybe you like it maybe not....i dont want to judge anything or anyone.
This job for me was a experience i wouldn't forget.
Forklift Operator / Material Handler / RF Scanner (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJune 25, 2018
I like that is was very productive. Fast pace, there was always something to be done. I like to keep busy. Have 2 say 12hr. shift is really difficult at times . Plus mandatory hrs. It was stressfull. But when payday came all that went away. A typical day is we would have a meeting be for are shift started, talking bout what needed to be done and accomplished . Had are orders , log into are computer/rf scanners, then started are orders to get set up to load trucks. The people I worked with, made the job easier because we worked as a team. It was a mixed culture with no problems. What I learned from this place was to have a little more patience.
Pros
I did what I like to do. Forklift operator
Cons
Wasn't paid enough
Productiv
Operator A (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 24, 2018
Well, I guess I enjoy the experience. Is a good job learning experience. Working with others is good. Keeping to yourself is very common there. Wear proper
Clothing and shoes.
Pros
After you get hired, you qualify for a locker.
Cons
Short breaks
N/a
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 20, 2018
I was a good job! and i would have kept it but i would like to be home with the family so this is why i choose to look for something else. But the job is a good job
I have nothing more to say
Packer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 18, 2018
I left a lot of good people back there. Don't go taking advantage of any of them in any way. Be understanding of the people and there hardships. Is 10 mins worth a good 12 work horse? I have nothing more to say.
Extremely hot
C Operator (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 13, 2018
It’s extrem hot and we have asked for fans of the ac to be fixed but they aren’t worried about the employees just the machines and the managers and office personnel have ac in the offices but not anywhere else.
Pros
Free water
Cons
extremely hot
fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVJune 12, 2018
Pactiv was a very fun place to work. The people there were easy to get a long with. The production supervisors were very understanding when we needed to take time to fix a machine.
Pros
cheap trash bags and plastic wear
Cons
It was a very hot environvment
Great place to work and steady work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAJune 12, 2018
A decent job which can be fast paced but safety is their priority. I like the benefits, and days off. Sometimes communication needs to be worked on but in general they treat their employees with respect.
Pros
15 days off a month
Cons
12 hour shifts
unproductive, unreasonable, not enough pay
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJune 12, 2018
My work experience with Pactiv was horrible. The employees are treated unfairly, not enough pay, no real chance for advancement, your personal business isn't a secret when told to a manager. lack of training.
Good Job with Excellent benefits
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 12, 2018
Great place of employment. Emphasis on safety from the CEO all the way down to the plant levels. Management at my facility is weak and HR has to much power. The benefits are amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pactiv. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight