Pactiv Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
horrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 11, 2018
The place was very unsafe to work at. They had a high accident rate. On my third day there I hurt my back and my Doctor took me out for a couple days and they fired me for it.
Night Life
Warehouse work (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCFebruary 10, 2018
I work a 12 hour shift which rotates. Hours are from 7 pm to 7 am.
The temperature in the plant is very hot during the summer. It is cool during the winter. Many workers cannot take the heat of the plant during summer months.
very good place to work
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXFebruary 9, 2018
boss was great, had challenges within job task, have good people working there. loved the place very good hours and pay at the time when I was enployed
Great people working towards common goal
Capacity Planner (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 7, 2018
Good people coming together in order to meet the demand of the business. Very demanding culture but with the right balance of different people made the job very enjoyable.
Horrible company
Natural Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNFebruary 2, 2018
If I included everything wrong with this company, I would break the internet.
Poor management, poor hiring practices, no consistency in the enforcement of policies. Employees report to work drunk, and management does nothing about it.
Unsafe work environment, fires are a constant threat, and anyone can Google Pactiv Fires, and read for themselves.
Cons
Read the review
lots of turnover
Tooling Technician (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVFebruary 1, 2018
Starting pay is not good and there is a lot of turnover at the entry level positions. Its very fast paced work for 12 hours. If you can stick it out though and advance its a pretty decent place to work.
fast paced ,hard work environment
Material Handler / Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJanuary 28, 2018
im currently doing long hours light labor at pactiv,its not a bad job if you have any problems just tell the manager what the issue is,it will get fixed in the snap of a finger.the only thing i can honestly say i dislike about pactive is the working and standing for 12 hours a day.the lunch time is fair 30mins with a break every 2 hours.i do enjoy the security this job brings.this is my third time working at pactiv and as long as you leave on a good note,they would love to have you back.i enjoy working hard labor,but not so much as i did in my youth,my knees are getting bad/painful and i have gained 100 pounds of weight in this past year of 2017.also my back isnt as springy as it was a few years ago, im starting to feel my age.i recently completed armed sercurity school and i am awaiting my licences and card and such to process ,i also have gotten certified in forklifting after doing it for many years at many different jobs.im looking forward to doing forklifting and having security as another career to fall back on.
Pros
job sercurity
Cons
12 hour shifts of standing
Make it your style
Production Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Keep production machines running efficiently, perform daily safety checks, meet food safety requirements. Fast paced but with reliable co-workers. 12hours shift when schedule worked but with every other weekend off.
Productive and fun workplace , good managements.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJanuary 21, 2018
I’ve learned a lot , machine operator, stocking ,
The management was good , I would love to work there again
The machines is easy to learn , and
Pros
I don’t know
Cons
I don’t know
Very Stressful
ASSEMBLE PACKER/OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJanuary 20, 2018
Was a very stressful work environment to work in also had to be on your feet for at least 5 hrs at a time before break also the management was very poorly runned
Overall good job
Offbearer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Good pay and benefits. But the pay is not good enough for the schedule. It's rotating, schedule changes every week or every two weeks. Making it difficult for my wife to work around my schedule (for childcare) and get a job. Have to let the position go so we can make enough to support our family. Also they messed up my schedule quite a few times drastically dipping into my income. Makes their company seem unstable.
Pros
Ok pay and benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Nice productive factory job
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Pactiv was a fast paced environment that gave me a opportunity to learn how to machine operate and expand my work ethic and experience. Good pay and hours
Management very closed minded
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Fast paced. management does not listen to employees. They seem more focused on quantity of production rather than quality. Quality assurance is lacking they have been known to run poor quality for 72 hours without catching flaws.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Poor management
Case Packer at Pactiv, inc
Case Box Packer (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 14, 2018
My job was to make sure my 12 machines are running properly. My Machine job is to form and make cups for Starbucks, McDonald's, Hardees and such. I loved the job
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Poor leadership and money hungry
Senior Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Davisville, WVJanuary 12, 2018
This company cares nothing about its employees, but only what its net revenue will be. Cutting cost whatever way possible. As a maintenance mechanic. That included lower quality tools ( if any) to lower quality parts and fasteners. Safety is told to be number one priority but management tells you to get it done as fast as possible and safety is only thought about when someone gets hurt. The Company also has knee-jerk reactions, putting out safety bulletins and policies, when someone with no common sense gets hurt or breaks something. Most of the stuff you see about this company is just to cover their butts.
its okay
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 11, 2018
You have the opportunity to advance very quickly but the work is competitive. you will hurt yourself often. they ask you to do so much for the pay you receive.
Very dirty stressful environment
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2018
The factory maintenance crew was understaffed and over worked and safety was not a high priority for us. We never received any training pertaining to our jobs.
Pros
8 hour schedule
Cons
safety
bad
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARJanuary 4, 2018
it was just a unfun repetitive place to labor away all day or night away from your family and you cannot and will not care about the stupid foam trays.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 3, 2018
Great Pay and great work. People are very kind and helpful. The managers go out there way to make sure you got the correct pay. They also allower a lot of over time.
Pros
Great pay and amazing people.
Fast pace but cool
Picker (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 2, 2018
The thing I liked about Pactiv, is that being fast pace made hours and days go by with ease. The people there were easy to work with and they made work a breeze.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pactiv. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight