PAE, Inc. (Pacific Architects and Engineers)

PAE, Inc. (Pacific Architects and Engineers) Employee Reviews

PAE-Excellent Career Opportunity!
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteFebruary 11, 2019
I have been employed by PAE for over 12 years. I started as a Temp and was offered a FT Permanent position supporting PAE overseas contracts in various locations including Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, as well as countries in Central America and Africa. I am currently supporting CONUS contracts. It's been a challenging career for me with fair wages and excellent benefits.
Pros
Employs15000 people, 60 countries, Many opportunities
Cons
Short term contracts
No room for growth
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2018
There is no room for growth. They cut pay and benefits after 15 years for myself, but nationwide for all supervisors. There is low job security due to government contracts changing. I have never met management. Job culture varies.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
pay and benefit cuts and lack of room for growth
Productive Workplace
Payment Team Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2018
Great company to be contracted through for Federal Government opportunities. Company offered great benefits and growth opportunities. I would definitely work for them again.
Solid, Stable Company
Human Resources and Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 22, 2018
Pacific offers great benefits, a comfortable schedule and collaborative working environment. Organization is well organized and has long term employees in leadership as well as some long term crew.
Pros
Free parking, financially stable and growing
Cons
Limited employee group functions
Good Company
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 4, 2018
Great HR leadership and staff. Compensation was not what I expected. Vacation benefit was awesome. For the working environment (Afghanistan), and the level of responsibility, the pay should have been better.
Lack of advancement and poor management
Biometric technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Lack of advancement and poor management contestant need to produce exceptional numbers of people with no rewards for excellence inclines work force to become lazy and entitled
Great Place to work
Facilities Maintenance Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Andros Island BahamasJanuary 15, 2019
Great place to work. They treated you like family and you have plenty of opportunities for advancement. The hardest part of the job is being away from family and friends. The most enjoyable part of the job is living and working on an island with great people.
Pros
Living on island
Cons
Living on an island
Management is worst- lots of discrimination
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYFebruary 8, 2019
This is the worst place to work. Management is terrible unless you are a brown noser you will get treated like trash. If you go to management to discuss anything they will sweep it under the rug. You are discriminated and harassed mostly by management if you are not one of the picks. If you do say something you have a target in your back. Most management will like you if you’re young and cute. If you have a backbone and have morals they will treat you like scum. If they cared anything about the employees they would ask them about how they are treated by the management but they won’t because like I said if you ain’t one of the teachers pets then you’re nobody.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Harassment and discrimination from management
Excellent, growing company
Govt Services Contractor (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 27, 2018
Excellent place to grow and thrive in a growing fast paced govt services contracting environment. As always you get what you put in, work hard, learn and grow and make it a great place.
Death by Manager
Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2018
Overall working for PAE has been wonderful. The culture when I first started almost two years ago was fast paced yet understanding, demanding yet fair; an ideal place to work. It has become something else however in the past year.

People now tend to be unsure of where they stand and management has seemed to have become more hostile. Also fair annual raises are something you can forget and will fluctuate based on goals that are set by a hostile management team.
Pros
Immediate co-workers feel like family, flexible hours, job satisfaction
Cons
Managers, poor internal communication, throwing others under the bus
Low budget , high stress
Aircraft Maintenance Technician/ Flight Equip.ALSS (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 11, 2019
Did not like working for PAE. they reduced the workforce to such bare minimums that it was and is still borderline safe at that work site.
they underbid the contract too greatly, and blamed the employees that they would not make a profit.
I do not work there anymore.
I will never work for PAE again.
Pros
its only an eight hour shift
Cons
constant uncertainty of them losing the contract.
You work in Military hangers, no amminaties
Aircraft lead (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 8, 2018
PAE in general may be great. I worked as a contractor for the U.S. Government. The point of that exercise is to make money for the company. The company makes unrealistic bids to complete projects required by the customer. There is much pressure to accomplish this. The local management team are more interested in getting their bonus and looking good to their supervisors then taking care of the workers.
Pros
Good money, Job satisfaction
Cons
Poor management.
Body Shop
Information System Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 25, 2018
Company is more interested in making the money versus working with the employees. The company buys other companies but doesn't increase the workforce.
Good training and people
Biometrics Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 17, 2018
Check in immigration applicants then use biometrics machines to print fingerprints, update data information, and photograph the applicant. This information is then sent to the FBI for security check.
Pros
Good group of people
Cons
Some management issues
Not a good environment
Temporary /Operations Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 18, 2018
Management is not very well informed es una pesadilla
Work Culture
Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Work hard/play hard especially during proposal writing. Often required to work 10 hours per day, 7 days per week to meet proposal deadlines. Despite the long hours, we all contributed and enjoyed the work.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Extreme hours during proposal writing
Productive experience with PAE
Able Seaman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2018
My time with PAE I was able to expand my skill set and extend my experience in my feild. I would recommend this company to any veteran with military experience.
Bullying of employees by co-workers is ignored by management
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 16, 2018
They get rid of older workers and have them sign non-disclosures so that they can't sue based on discrimination. Management has no concept of day to day operations because they never interface with employees. Supervisors gossip to co-workers about others.
To many competition
Biometrics Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 18, 2017
Not a place to for growth. A steady hourly pay no matter have many years you have been in this company everyone gets paid equally. To many competitors and not a chance for growth. No heath insurance no benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, no heath insurace
No career advancement and no benefits for part time emoyees.
Biometric Technician (Current Employee) –  Guam, MOAugust 13, 2018
I learn how to use Biometric Machine. I provided excellent customer service. I learn to pay attention to every details by validating and checking customer identification and documentation.
Pros
15-min break.
Cons
No medical health insurance.