PAE Employee Reviews

You never knew 1 week to the other what days or how many hrs you would work.
Biometric Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 17, 2018
This job might be recommended for persons just looking to get out of the house. You are on-call with minimal hrs per week. To many middle men and no appreciation for dedicated workers.
Pros
Meeting ppl
Cons
Being on-call
Wonderful place to start you intelligence career
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Post, VAOctober 14, 2018
Analyze a variety of different kinds of information to determine if a person is suitable for government employment or is a risk to national security in efforts to protect the American people.
Not a bad company but I am looking for full time
Wastewater Plant operator (Current Employee) –  McMurdo, AntarcticaOctober 9, 2018
You work 9 hours per day - six days a week- for a set amount. If you have to work OT it is not paid.

It is seasonal work so you are on unemployment for months at a time which reduces your total pay.

You have a room mate in the dorms and for some people that is ok but for me I do not like that. I like my own place to go at the end of the day if possible.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Months off between seasons
Don’t go to Antarctica!!! You’ve been warned
Maintenance Foreman (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  McMurdo, AntarcticaOctober 9, 2018
Antarctica is beautiful no doubt but if you are maintenance person ie. plumber, utility, electrician you will be treat you poorly unless they are desperate or want you to extend your contract because they can’t get anybody to replace you. But once they have you it’s back to being treated terribly. My end of contract evaluation was given to me by someone who had no idea what it was I did. My manager was too much of a coward to give it to me.

Lots of cronyism, butt kissing and alcoholics. Lots a lazy maintenance people working there.

This should have been the experience of a lifetime but it was the worst.

Work anywhere but FEMC and you will enjoy it. Don’t be fooled by the headhunters or hiring managers, they will say anything to get you there.

I was sadly dissapointed.
Pros
Once in a lifetime trip!
Cons
Very poor management and no support on the maintenance
Okay company
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Yermo, CAOctober 9, 2018
There has been issue with our so called contract. Which isnt working for the employees. Such as hours that are suppose to he there. So money is being lost.
The company is okay
Personnel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDOctober 9, 2018
The company is okay as a starter company. I have no bad reviews on this company it gave me a start when I needed a job. Nothing at all bad to state on the company.
Good place to work. Stable for contract work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  USOctober 7, 2018
Good place to work for defense contracts. Pay is above board for certain positions. Advancement opportunity is good as long as you are willing to relocate. Benefits packages are among the best.
I enjoyed the work...
Aircraft sheet metal mechanic / contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAOctober 3, 2018
The work provided me with an opportunity to challenge myself in the scope of my skills. I felt overwhelmed at first with the type of modifications I had to perform, but it did not take me long to get comfortable with the procedural operations of modifying the helicopters. My co-workers all seemed to be on the same page as far as getting the work done properly and they were more than willing to assist me when I needed help. Sometimes they would help even when I thought I did not need it. I worked a full 8 hour days and enjoyed every bit of the work. I spent over 30 years with the Air Force and I never felt any camaraderie as I felt working with PAE.
Pros
There was lots of work to keep me busy while the contract lasted
Cons
There is always some, but I did not work at PAE long enough to worry about any.
Stressful workplace
General Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 2, 2018
PAE offer no sick time and you don't get performance reviews because you don't get a raise. Pay is too low for having to go thru a very invasive 7 year criminal and credit history background check by a federal investigator and for holding a "high risk" or "secret" government security clearance.
Pros
Cons
No sick time, no raises, pay too low
Blah
General Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MO 64083September 30, 2018
I got moved from a position that I loved and got put into one I don't like. It's really hard to move up when stuck in this position. There is no sick leave available anymore. They took it away. You are forced to use vacation time if gone at all. They give you one week vacation after working for the company for 90 days and then you only get one more week at your one year anniversary. And again you are forced to use the vacation time before you can use unpaid time.
Poor run company
Multi Purpose Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  BagrāmSeptember 28, 2018
This was the worst experience in my working career. They care little or none about their employees and they felt like their sh_t didn't stink. It is the last place where Would want to work.
Beer and sex That what PAE is all about
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  ColporadoSeptember 27, 2018
They are the worse company to work for. This is not my opinion only it was the whole crew we had about 99% were unhappy with the way the company paid them, treated them and lock of respect.
Pros
Nothing free they took food and room from your check
Its a job
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXSeptember 27, 2018
You'll show up, do your work, and then leave. Nobody will notice anything significant and nobody will truly care if you excel. As long as you don't mind mundane grinding, it can be the dream job for you!
Rule oriented. No slack whatsoever.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lee's SummitSeptember 25, 2018
Not enough money for the job. Great benefits. No raises. Old school management style. Don't expect to give your opinions. Never do anything unless you're told - in writing. No place for slackers or the easily offended. Expect to be micromanaged. Upper management is really bad - intimidation is their go to tactic. Militaristic, dictatorial, authoritative, you get the picture.
Pros
Almost decent money, great benefits
Cons
Everything else
Terrible Company
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 18, 2018
This is a greedy company to work for. All they care about is money, not employees. Love my supervisor but upper management is terrible. No advancement opportunities. NO RAISES. They let GREAT employees
with years of experience walk out and don't care at all. Employees are quitting left and right because when PAE took over the benefits changed and they're terrible now and/or they weren't getting promoted. There are quotas but they are usually easy to achieve. All you are is a name on a paper.
Ok place to work.
Personnel Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2018
Management is ok. Doesn't always give help and constantly have to try and figure out things without them. The vacation hours accrued are not worth what we get. Lowest hours given per pay period I have ever seen. Pay isn't worth the work you have to do. Try to learn as much as you can to advance elsewhere.
Pros
You can now get an alternate work schedule (one day off every pay period)
Cons
Low pay, low vacation time, PTO includes sick leave or any leave you want/need to take
Good work environment
Supervisor Duities (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 12, 2018
When I was working for pae it was a great work environment cause everyone knew each other from the military, or they hang out after work to build friendship and teamwork.
productive but can be very stressful
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
PAE is an ok company but the site mangers and supervisors they hire dont listen to employees if something is wrong. and they can be very disrespectful and unprofessional.
Pros
consistent schedule
n/a
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, GA 31704September 5, 2018
My time with the company has been fair, I enjoy a typical day at work. I've learned to be self -motivated and the management team is a work in progress.
Terrible
GENERAL CLERK I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 5, 2018
This is an absolutely terrible place to work. If you are going to do it though definitely don't ever transfer to day shift. Night shift sucks but it is bearable. Day shift is absolutely terrible. The supervisors are terribly rude. They don't know anything about the process so you are pretty much on your own. Its all around just the worse place I have ever worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAE. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight