PAE Employee Reviews

Starter Job
Security Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 11, 2018
PAE gave me a chance that lead to career advancement, I will always be grateful. I learned a lot, got my security clearance and now I am more marketable than ever. ALL of the jobs have a high turnover rate, I loved my co workers and made some life long friends during my tenure. However, my manager did not care about us at ALL. Our team went from 13 people to 2 in two years. I left because of management, not the company. I would recommend this company to get your foot in the door, learn what you can... then take that knowledge to a company that will care about you as an employee.
Pros
you can learn a lot, get your clearance and coworkers are nice (some)
Cons
poor managment, high turnover rate, poor pay
Terrible Company
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 18, 2018
This is a greedy company to work for. All they care about is money, not employees. Love my supervisor but upper management is terrible. No advancement opportunities. NO RAISES. They let GREAT employees
with years of experience walk out and don't care at all. Employees are quitting left and right because when PAE took over the benefits changed and they're terrible now and/or they weren't getting promoted. There are quotas but they are usually easy to achieve. All you are is a name on a paper.
Bare Bones operation
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Used to be a good place to work, and a profitable company. A lot of cost cutting recently and many long time employees were laid off or left. Not sure if it is the company management or the private equity company that owns PAE that is the problem.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Low job Security
Rule oriented. No slack whatsoever.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lee's SummitSeptember 25, 2018
Not enough money for the job. Great benefits. No raises. Old school management style. Don't expect to give your opinions. Never do anything unless you're told - in writing. No place for slackers or the easily offended. Expect to be micromanaged. Upper management is really bad - intimidation is their go to tactic. Militaristic, dictatorial, authoritative, you get the picture.
Pros
Almost decent money, great benefits
Cons
Everything else
Pae
Project Manager, Military Advisors (Current Employee) –  Juba, South SudanJanuary 20, 2019
A typical day starts at 0900 and ends at 4:30. I have learned a great deal about project management in an austere environment. The management is very flexible and focused. The workplace culture is very relaxed yet driven to mission accomplishment. The hardest part of the job is the environment. The most enjoyable part of the job are my colleagues.
Pros
Education
Cons
Difficult environment
Dead End
File Clerk for USCIS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
this is a dead end job that will hire anyone who passes the background check. management is highly dysfunctional with very poor communication. you will learn about changes by word of mouth rather than by direct contact by management. Promotions are based on whoever applies rather than by most qualified and the turnover is high. They will force you to use PTO when not necessary. I would avoid this company at all costs unless desperately in need of work.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits, negative environment
Took over previous contract and screwed over everyone
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 12, 2018
PAE was the third company I've worked for under the general contract of doing file work for the Department of Homeland Security. They had no clue what they were getting into. According to upper management, this was PAE's first contract that had hourly employees, so they decided to go to a paper timesheet rather than a much easier to verify online timesheet that we'd been doing previously. In addition, they took away accrued sick time (giving us one month's notice, despite us being notified six months before they took over officially that they'd bought out the contract), leaving many people with no paid time off until their anniversary kicked in. They also greatly restricted bereavement time and who it would apply for. The wages are absolute garbage. Wages are set by the Department of Labor and PAE (along with the previous contractor) refused to ever to go bat for us and attempt to get the wages raised to a level that would actually be appropriate for the cost of living. All of these changes caused me to leave within 3 months of PAE taking over.
Opportunity for Adventure while providing a real service Overseas
MILITARY ADVISOR & TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 27, 2018
It is challenging being away from your home and family, but for myself and others on my team we were able to spend time in parts of the world other people only dream of. The majority of the men and women serving had either military experience or had worked for the UN or USAID in some capacity. The men and women we work with head to dangerous places where they will provide security for people that need them. Meanwhile we are able to spend some time in a foreign culture, experience new food and tradition, and possibly even go on an adventure and advance our knowledge of the world. I definitely recommend working for this company if you have a chance.
Pros
Travel, Experience, Important Work
Cons
Time away from family, and short term contracts (an odd irony)
Honestly it’s just a starting job
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 18, 2018
I’ve been working here since 2016 . I’m in the same position even though I’m very qualified to for something advance . It’s no sick time . You only get 10 days of vacation time a year once those run out your just done basically . There is no chance of promotion unless you suck up to higher ups . They base everything off of ridiculous questions they come up with and no job preformace . I would not recommend this place as somewhere to start a career but for someone in school working towards something better or an elderly person waiting on retirement this is a go! & don’t even count on overtime, that’s rare here
Pros
Paid holidays and weekends off
Cons
No promotions, low pay, no sick time
Horrible work environment
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYFebruary 5, 2019
First off, let me state that I have over 38 years of work experience under my belt and multiple college degrees. I was hired to work at the KCC for PAE. When asked I was told it would be four to six weeks for me to start. Four months later I finally got the call to start. I worked in the Fraud Department. When I started there was no director or acting director, no supervisor, and no unit manager. Our trainer was out quite a bit and they had noone assigned to take his place. We sat on our hands most of the time not knowing what to do. The Human Resource Director never sat down and explained benefits or procedures. We received a bunch of hodge-podge emails from her and a stack of papers. The management for the Consulate stayed in their offices and noone knew who they were and when they did address us, they were condescending. They threw us out of training not even introducing us to others in our unit or telling us who was our supervisor. The work was supposed to be done in a certain format and it seems like every day they were throwing in some new rule without telling us. Feedback was horrible. I was getting reviewed on work I had done one to two months previously and receiving "critical errors". After 18 weeks of the nightmare, I finally quit. The Human Resource Manager set up an exit interview for me and she couldn't bother to be there or let me know. My supervisor walked me out took my badge and parking pass and bid me farewell.
Cons
Everything!
This is a place where you can learn different processes in the company date entry, audit, filing and more.
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 7, 2019
The hours are good. When I started working for this company, my shift was 3:30 PM to midnight and now my shift is 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
This is a good place to start if it is your first /second job. There is only full time positions available. There is on the job training. The supervisor work with you until you are comfortable with process. I was trained on a few different processes.This not a place for a career.
I have to drive 30 minutes for this job. I would like a closer location.
This one takes the cake by a long shot
Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Operator (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAJanuary 28, 2019
I've worked for some wishy-washy companies but this one far exceeds any in the past by a long shot. If you want to be treated like schit, then this would be the place for you. There's so much to list I will only list a few. Management does not care about their employees and when accusations are made management disciplines for the accusation made, without first doing an investigation of any type. Rules change person to person minute by minute and when asked to see the rules in ink that you have broken they are not able to provide you with them. They title individual employees as a lead and pay them an extra quarter more an hour to do all of their work out in the shops, so they don't have to leave the office. Constantly being harassed and belittled by management. The list goes on and on and on and on but I will leave it at that. I do not recommend this company whatsoever unless you don't want your job very long and don't mind being treated like schit while you are there.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Do not work for PAE
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNAugust 21, 2018
Good pay to start off but no raises ever. Horrible management from top to bottom. No respect not even for employees that have been here 10+ years. Job are threaten every morning. I wouldn’t recommend this job to any of my family or friends.
WEAT System Administrator
WEAT System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
Starting salary was well below what experience provided. Immediately deployed to Afghanistan to help company save government program. Contract is constantly requiring re-bid requirements so job security is always in question.
Good people, bad management
Junior Government Compliance (Current Employee) –  ArlingtonDecember 20, 2018
The management teaches well, but they will keep you past your time here everyday to lecture you if you make one mistake. Won't accept if they make the mistake. Which there are many. You take the blame and they won't hear you out. No safe place to ask questions even if you're new out of fear of judgement/assumptions then that's there for the rest of your time here. Should your leader do this? No. That's bad leadership.

Was promised wfh into 3-6 months now taken back from that as a guarantee. And to use my floater day near a holiday, and even that may be taken back after promised as I started.

Could not work around my schedule for a doctor's appointment even if I had my hours done! No overtime.

No grace for being 0-5 mins late. Another lecture. Even if finding parking is hard or your commute is over an hour and traffic changes.

Also, most companies will pay you more.

Most people are nice, nice kitchens. But my management definitely has a high horse and doesn't listen: just assumes. It's management 101. You're waiting a lot for the management to get it together. Also, the manager is overworked without overtime, so if you want to be in management expect what you see because that's not right for them either. I get emails at 2am in the morning from them. Lots of micro-management

PTO is accrued.

Compliance is as boring as it gets, but it's not hard.
Pros
Benefits, Fair with the actual work
Cons
Bad Management, not a safe place to ask questions if you're new
Stressful workplace
General Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 2, 2018
PAE offer no sick time and you don't get performance reviews because you don't get a raise. Pay is too low for having to go thru a very invasive 7 year criminal and credit history background check by a federal investigator and for holding a "high risk" or "secret" government security clearance.
Pros
Cons
No sick time, no raises, pay too low
Great workplace
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 18, 2019
Wonderful place with great co-workers and a super friendly environment. Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely when work load allows. Can be high stress as deadlines approach, but the work environment helps ease the pain! Only problem I had was with senior executive leadership either being not involved at all, or being too involved and causing chaos as deadlines approached instead of steady input and support throughout the lifespan of a project/effort.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Senior executive level managers detached from day to day operations
Horrible company to work for
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2018
I worked for PAE as a contractor position for US citizenship Immigration Services and it probably one of the work clerical jobs ever. Upper management only cares about themselves at the expense of the lower level employees. Managers have no idea what is going on. The actual federal employees in the office look at contractors as inferior to them. Supervisors and managers have repetitive meetings that are very redundant have no benefit whatsoever. Hard work is not rewarded or recognized, management actually uses it against you by setting higher expectations. The overall culture is similar to a concentration camp.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Have to sign in and out for your 15 minute breaks, parking is $100+ a month, physically demanding, no raises, toxic work environment, management is obsessive of productivity to the exact second
Don’t go to Antarctica!!! You’ve been warned
Maintenance Foreman (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  McMurdo, AntarcticaOctober 9, 2018
Antarctica is beautiful no doubt but if you are maintenance person ie. plumber, utility, electrician you will be treat you poorly unless they are desperate or want you to extend your contract because they can’t get anybody to replace you. But once they have you it’s back to being treated terribly. My end of contract evaluation was given to me by someone who had no idea what it was I did. My manager was too much of a coward to give it to me.

Lots of cronyism, butt kissing and alcoholics. Lots a lazy maintenance people working there.

This should have been the experience of a lifetime but it was the worst.

Work anywhere but FEMC and you will enjoy it. Don’t be fooled by the headhunters or hiring managers, they will say anything to get you there.

I was sadly dissapointed.
Pros
Once in a lifetime trip!
Cons
Very poor management and no support on the maintenance
Good place to work. Stable for contract work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  USOctober 7, 2018
Good place to work for defense contracts. Pay is above board for certain positions. Advancement opportunity is good as long as you are willing to relocate. Benefits packages are among the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight