PAE

Working at PAE: 42 Reviews

United States42 reviews

contractgovernmentcontractorclearancemilitaryfederalsitesupervisor

Good place to start

The pay could be better but there is a lot of overtime, that being said if you want to make decent money your work/life balance will suffer. The management is great and they do seem to care about their employees a lot.

Pros

overtime, clearance utilization

Cons

work/life balance

Blah

Not a good place. It was once okay when the other contract was there. Benefits were okay. But there isn't much else to say. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

PAE insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Disorganized Companu

Lead case managers were not good. Transportation was a problem.Human resources did nothing to discipline the case manager leads. Disorganization on all levels.

Pros

Pay was ok, short term work

Cons

Case managers leads were not good.

Average job with average work

If repetitive monotonous work is what you want, this is the place. It’s the same thing every day, minuscule variety and no excitement or room for growth. Pay rate is stale and below average for comparable positions. Consistent work schedule however. 8-4 is nice but it seems to drag on forever.

Bad management

Some great people to work with. But management is very poor .Management very hard on other ,poor communication. Poor training. expectations very high.

A perfect example of how management is a lost art.

Poorly managed. Few opportunities for advancement. One is surrounded by lazy, snowflakes who complain a lot. Good location. Weekends and holidays off.

Difficult to work with government people

Constantly belittled by government employees. Government employees work at a snail’s pace and don’t like being pushed to perform. Military was very respectful and a pleasure to engage with.

Zero work life balance

The government runs the show and doesn’t give a hoot about the contractors. PAE management was useless and jumped at every whim of the government, no matter how stupid the task.

Excellent company from a government contractor point of view. Poor compensation.

Great company as far as learning the aspects of facilities work. They are not so great at listening to their work force when it comes to suggestions or ideas of how to address fixes that will both benefit them and the employee. The pay is lower by comparison to other positions where a person would be performing basically the same tasks who has the same education and experience. Great company to retire with, poor company if your looking to expand your horizons.

Pros

Working with some of the best and brightest people both with the company and the customer.

Cons

Low compensation, Management indifference, Unfair promotion tactics

Don’t work here

Not worth your time or energy bad management all around and overworked. Management does not care and HR is non existent. If you think that this is a last resort keep looking and don’t look back

Just a so so place to work probably OK if your braindead.

Kept doing the same thing day after day and expecting different results. Not quite insanity but close. No real support left on an Island to fend for yourself.

Pros

There were free lunches.

Cons

Never felt part of a team.

Good Job to get your foot in the door

As a Personnel Security Specialist, I found the company and the job itself ok. The o ly issue I had is that it takes you forever to gain access to certain systems needed for your job. Therefore, until that is done, you could LITERALLY sit around and do nothing to bare minimum for months.

Gym

Working with PAE is very excited for me, I had great time with PAE. Everything things were perfect. I learned a lot of things from PAE. I would like to work with PAE again.

Pros

We had free lunches time and Dinner

No pay in time… always the payment was late…completely disaster … no organization

Really the work isn’t bad … I like my job… but the administration is really bas… the administration is a disaster…I never worked in pae next opportunity…

Pros

Free lunches… transportation, pay hotel and perdiem

Cons

Productive and interesting place to work

Good place to work. Interacting with people from all walks of life. Aiways a great feeling at the end of the work day ,knowing I was able to help someone with immigration status.

Pros

Work is easy. Coworkers are great.

Cons

Pay not so great.

extremely poor management, more worried about doing the right thing

managers are just looking to cover their fannies instead of telling the truth.no raises unless you are unionH.R. and the union are a joke in doing anything about anyone abusing the systemI.T. rolls out programs that do not work that we are forced to usethe culture is very poor

Pros

the people i worked with

Cons

overworked, underpaid, unrealistic expectations

Productive workplace

This is a great company to work for. Supportive team members.Nothing hard about the job. Enjoyed the work hours, but was busy most of the workday. I did not learn anything new in the position but loved the work environment.

Pros

Supportive Team Members

Cons

Can't think of one

It was Ok...as long as I dis my job ot was fine.

Good government contractor that was fine as long as you did your job. Management left you mostly alone, but they also didn't provide any meaningful support.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Long commute

Great place to build your career and work in a fun environment.

PAE is a great company to work for. The boats captains and crews are great. The way of life is unique and has a small town feel. Free housing, food and being eligible of being tax free is a great way to save money while living in paradise.

Professional

Great support from management and pay is above average for the area. Reasonable medical insurance. Good people to work with, and very little drama. Compared to other companies, they treat me well.

Pros

Great management

Just a number

It is the typical low bid, increase numbers kind of government contract company we've all come to know. The only responsiveness you will find is from the recruiters. Forget about HR. If you are just looking for an easy hire and pay, go for it. If you are looking for job satisfaction and a solid company, look elsewhere.

Pros

Easy to get the job.

Cons

Terrible responsiveness and communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare PAE with

Learn about PAE in popular locations

PAE reviews by popular job title

• PAE