PAE Employee Reviews

Summary
Maintenance Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
The only reason I am doing this is because indeed is making me. This seemed to be a good company the only problem I had was passing my physical in time when the project I was assigned to started.
Pros
pay
Cons
overseas
Worse company I ever work for.
General Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2018
All what I read was true If that is a worse company you ever can work for that's the main one. They have a lower rate pay but higher expectations on production and don't take care the employees .
Pae needs better management
contractor for Dept. of Homeland Security (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJuly 13, 2018
my job itself was fine. It's the way that Pae does business, and treats their employees that sucks. When they took over, we lost sick pay, bonuses, and quarterly luncheons. All of the things that help employees feel appreciated and respected! You'd think that business people would be smart enough to realize that if they treat their employees better, they will, in turn, get better production out of them.
Instead of boosting our morale, they totally drug us down.

They also sit around trying to "make things more efficient" when they aren't the ones doing the job every day. Instead of getting advice from the ones who know what they are doing, they just make up really dumb new rules and guidelines that end up hindering our work.
The most enjoyable part of the job
INTEGRATED LOGISTICS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2018
The ability to continually assist department co-workers and other departmental employees to become more experienced within their roles and responsibilities.
Hangar/Production Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 12, 2018
Great Company to work for. The issues were not the company but with the contract and that the union was implemented. Management Team on site was a great team.
Long hours good pay
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJuly 10, 2018
Overall a good company, however I worked third shift and didn't have much contact with upper management. Very fast paced environment it was real easy to get two hours behind what is going on with a short lunch break which could take up to an hour to catch up with where maintenance was at for the flight schedule.
Productive and a great place to save money.
Captain/ Seaman/ Engineer (Current Employee) –  FPOJuly 10, 2018
Autec is a great place to work for PAE. Its a great opportunity for people looking for a good paying job if they do not care what they do for a living.
Pros
Great hours, Great work, Great people
Cons
Not a kind company to work for.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, MOJuly 9, 2018
Typical day includes getting overtime sprung on you at the last minute, managing three times the amount of employees you are even qualified to supervise, management leaving on the daily, and no compensation for exempt employees working overtime.
Pros
Cons
*Pulls out lengthy scroll*
Simple, but hard labor job
Grounds Laborer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2018
I enjoyed learning new skills and being able to say I am qualified to drive the machines I was trained on. Work culture could use a little help, not so much with PAE, but the T&H management that was contracted to work with us.
Pros
Well-paid
Cons
Sometimes a longer lunch would have been nice
Do not do it
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDJuly 5, 2018
I was employed with PAE for almost 2 years and began my job search maybe 6 months ago. The salary is a complete job and doe NOT match the job demand required. Management does not support the employees, more catered to the "client" which in my opinion will NEVER work because your employees have no one to :turn to" for support. The only PROS I will list are my coworkers and my flexible work schedule. CONS are anything that you may think of starting with pay, how are people/staff suppose to support there families with the pay PAE provides, low bidding on a contract is NOT no one's fault but PAE's. My site in Suitland I was employed at was a revolving door, people would get hired, see what is required of them, look at their paychecks and jump ship. PAE only covers about 10 holidays, the others employees are required to use what is called a Floating Holiday or work extra to make up that time. Which in all cases are not as easy for all employees. Health benefits is a joke both medical and dental, Vision was the only medical benefit I really saw a benefit in. Manager was super micromanaging us in the beginning but finally came around and eased up a bit. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone !
Pros
Flexible work hours, easy to make up time
Cons
Salary, Health benefits, Covered holidays

Want to know more about PAE?

Ask a question
Meh
PM (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 4, 2018
If you aren't a certain type, don't expect advancement. Profit is key without consideration of the nuances of client relations. Poor executive leadership.
Stuffy and controling
Senior Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 29, 2018
You come in to do a job, and have a plan made and upper management comes in and never allows to to think for yourself. The work environment is suffocating and no one is happy.
Pros
You always have Sundays off
Cons
You never know when they will pull overtime or cancel it at the last minute.
Ordnance Leadman (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJune 23, 2018
I worked 9 hours a day 4 days a week. It was a good place to work. The management was fair and understanding. The personal that i work with were smart and hard working people.
Pros
lunch was one hour
Cons
Working conditions were hazardous
Ever Changing enviorment and locations
Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2018
Audited several areas of federal contractor to contract requirements, ISO 9001, 2015 and Air Force requirements all at the same time
Able to adjust to different schedules from day to day.
Quality Management was lacking and lazy. There were 3 auditors only for the contract, could have used more.
No management direction or support.
Pros
out of the office a lot of times
Cons
Long days of paperwork
employment
Maintenance Mechanic (Facility) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2018
Very fast paced environment with growth potential. You day starts at 6 to 3. You sort mail bags and mail for the United States postal service. You are on 6 to 7 days a week due to the command of the customer
slow and hard to focus
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 12, 2018
very relaxing, sit at a desk 7 out of the 8 hours out of the day. Read through various files finding name and DOB variations, enter the name and DOB in a computer (data entry)
Pros
two 15 minute breaks
Cons
sitting at a desk all day long
Took over previous contract and screwed over everyone
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 12, 2018
PAE was the third company I've worked for under the general contract of doing file work for the Department of Homeland Security. They had no clue what they were getting into. According to upper management, this was PAE's first contract that had hourly employees, so they decided to go to a paper timesheet rather than a much easier to verify online timesheet that we'd been doing previously. In addition, they took away accrued sick time (giving us one month's notice, despite us being notified six months before they took over officially that they'd bought out the contract), leaving many people with no paid time off until their anniversary kicked in. They also greatly restricted bereavement time and who it would apply for. The wages are absolute garbage. Wages are set by the Department of Labor and PAE (along with the previous contractor) refused to ever to go bat for us and attempt to get the wages raised to a level that would actually be appropriate for the cost of living. All of these changes caused me to leave within 3 months of PAE taking over.
working for PAE
Pacific Architect and Engineering (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 12, 2018
just as with any other contract organization, the mission is totally driven by the customer. good relations = good workplace environment. work hard to impress the customer
Fast paced competative work environment
Contractor/National Name Check Program/FBI (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 3, 2018
Friendly workforce, very supportive and yet competitive. A community unto itself that fosters camaraderie and a sense of belonging. PAE understands the requirement to allow individuals to grow.
Toxic work environment, Inept Leaders, Incompetent leadership
QC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OCONUSMay 31, 2018
With over 20 years in aviation contracting, both military contracts and commercial contracts, PAE has been by far the worst company that I have ever worked for.

PAE is a man power company and their only asset, are the people that they hire. For a company that their only asset is manpower, PAE does not treat their employees well and often lets the customer dictate who can and cannot work on the program, causing contract interference.

In the area of aviation, PAE does not pay a competitive wage, even though PAE bids the position close to what the average is for the area.

PAE Management is made up of retired military officers, who do not understand the different dynamics of different contracts and try to manage ALL contracts the same way they would run a military unit. Because of this, PAE Management is full of retired, incompetent, lazy ex-military officers, who still think they are in the military. Ask them a simple question, like what is my job description and you will be ripped apart for asking. This has created a very inept PAE Program Managers, which in turn has created a very toxic working environment.

PAE Management will make promises to the customer that are not written in the statement of work and can’t deliver on their promises. In order PAE Management to look competent, they will lie directly to the customer in order to save their position. I have seen this over and over again on conference calls, PAE managers lying to the customer, because of their ineptness.

Pay in PAE is extremely mediocre. I have been on this contract for 4 years and have not
  more... seen one person get a pay raise, including myself, even though the cost of living has risen 25 percent in this area and each option year PAE received pay increments from the customer for each positon. When I tried to get my workers a pay raise, i was told by PAE Management, and I quote, “PAE cannot afford to give pay raises at this time, because we are losing money on the contract” end quote.

There is no job advancement in PAE. It is very possible that you can work 5-10 years in the same position, being paid the same you were paid 5-10 years ago. If there is a job advancements, it is based off of friendship and not skill or merit. PAE Management place their friends in key positions, without regard to the qualifications of the job descriptions. If need be, PAE Management will go to the customers to either have the qualifications changed or have the customer waiver the qualifications, to place their friends in that position.

The only reason that PAE manages to win contracts, is that they under bid all others competitors ...
Pros
There are no PROs working for PAE.
Cons
Retired, incompetent, lazy ex-military Management, Pay, Benefits, Not a real company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight