PAE Employee Reviews

Starter Job
Security Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 11, 2018
PAE gave me a chance that lead to career advancement, I will always be grateful. I learned a lot, got my security clearance and now I am more marketable than ever. ALL of the jobs have a high turnover rate, I loved my co workers and made some life long friends during my tenure. However, my manager did not care about us at ALL. Our team went from 13 people to 2 in two years. I left because of management, not the company. I would recommend this company to get your foot in the door, learn what you can... then take that knowledge to a company that will care about you as an employee.
Pros
you can learn a lot, get your clearance and coworkers are nice (some)
Cons
poor managment, high turnover rate, poor pay
Security Monitor
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 10, 2018
Get your foot in the door, learn all you can, take all you can, and move on. Great place to start but do not stay more than a year. Management is shadey and will use you as a body to fill a post. You feel less than human. Forward progress is stagnate or null and void. Use time to mingle and learn to better yourself.
Pros
Good starting point
Cons
Everything else
Good company to work for.
Business Administrator / HR Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, CODecember 6, 2018
Benefits and PTO are great if you are an Exempt employee. Government job that gives you 2 week accrual vacation days, 7 sick days and 10 Federal paid holidays.
Pros
Monday to Friday job
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Deletng reviews
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2018
This company is bad, TRUST it is a mess you are just a number and the government employees treat you like dirt. They are deleting reviews on purpose.
N/a
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 3, 2018
There is extremely high turnover and poor leadership which results in employees frequently feeling unsteady about their jobs. I learned a lot but learned more about what I don't like or want in future jobs.
Not Fun
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 29, 2018
Not the place for anyone under 45 to work. Sit at a desk and look through files for name variations.If you like fast paced this is not the job for you.
provide good assistance to workers,
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA 20166November 22, 2018
busy yet challenging jobs on a daily basis. we are given enough break times. management are usually approachable and they provide workers safety assistance. harmonious relationship with
co-workers.
WEAT System Administrator
WEAT System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
Starting salary was well below what experience provided. Immediately deployed to Afghanistan to help company save government program. Contract is constantly requiring re-bid requirements so job security is always in question.
Honestly it’s just a starting job
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 18, 2018
I’ve been working here since 2016 . I’m in the same position even though I’m very qualified to for something advance . It’s no sick time . You only get 10 days of vacation time a year once those run out your just done basically . There is no chance of promotion unless you suck up to higher ups . They base everything off of ridiculous questions they come up with and no job preformace . I would not recommend this place as somewhere to start a career but for someone in school working towards something better or an elderly person waiting on retirement this is a go! & don’t even count on overtime, that’s rare here
Pros
Paid holidays and weekends off
Cons
No promotions, low pay, no sick time
They Will Delete This Post
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 15, 2018
Every time I come back here the reviews have been wiped and only a few of the most recent reviews remain.

Someone somewhere realized that people come to this site, see the terrible reviews, and decide to not work here.

Don't work here. I could go into very specific detail why, but I know this review will be erased so I don't want to waste my time. Just believe me. DON'T WORK HERE. Literally any other job will be better than working for PAE.

If you really enjoy being treated like dirt, then go for it.
Pros
You do get paid
Cons
Everything else
It’s a good stepping stone
Mechanic 2 UH-60 Technician (Current Employee) –  Daggett, CANovember 12, 2018
To some one that’s getting out of the military with Aviation experience, this place is perfect to start . Managers are great, co-workers can be hit or miss(as always). Work is constant, but with slow days too.
Bad place to work if you like to be treated like a human.
Heavy equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CANovember 8, 2018
i'd never want any friends to work for them.They don't appreciate there employees,They are unprofessional just a horrible company to work for.....Constantly treating you about your job when u try to contest and wrongful treatment,They don't defend u when your being
disseminated on.
Nice place to work
Power generation/fuel supervisor (Former Employee) –  monroviaNovember 8, 2018
good company, with room to career advancement, good leave days, friendly work environment. free lunch paid day off recognition of employees openness to apply your skills,
All about the profits
Maintenance Machinist (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSNovember 7, 2018
Cut throat atmosphere. They bid low on contracts to win and employees take the losses in benefits and pay. Most of upper management treat employees inappropriately and poorly.
Excellent
Asst VP/Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2018
Always on the go. PAE is well organized family corporation when I first joined them in Saudi Arabia in Sep 1980. Very family oriented. I will still be with PAE had it not been sold to the investment firm Lindsay Goldberg of NY in 2011. Did not find it hard to work with PAE. The owner really took care of me. The most enjoyable part of my job is I was able to travel and see the world doing my audit work on all contracts that PAE have: Europe, Central America, South America, Asia, Middle East and Africa.
Travel
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 31, 2018
Its fun to get to see the world as your traveling from and to work. Meeting new people and learning new thing. Need to be on your toes and insure your ready at all time, for thing change by the hour sometimes.
Pros
Good Job.
Cons
working outside when it raining.
Biometric Technician /back-up Supervisor
Biometric Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2018
Performed different duties, knowledge in computer skills. Fully prepared and trained as a backup Site Supervisor as of August 2017
Processed applicants quickly while maintaining accuracy
Customer interfacing, greeting, initiation,and completions of forms related to the biometrics processes
Process 300+ applicants fingerprints per month with an accuracy rate of 90% or higher
Peer leadership role with new technicians
Planned accurate and complex schedules on time
Completed all the training requirements
Learn to operate new office technologies as they developed and implemented
You never knew 1 week to the other what days or how many hrs you would work.
Biometric Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 17, 2018
This job might be recommended for persons just looking to get out of the house. You are on-call with minimal hrs per week. To many middle men and no appreciation for dedicated workers.
Pros
Meeting ppl
Cons
Being on-call
Wonderful place to start you intelligence career
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Post, VAOctober 14, 2018
Analyze a variety of different kinds of information to determine if a person is suitable for government employment or is a risk to national security in efforts to protect the American people.
Not a bad company but I am looking for full time
Wastewater Plant operator (Current Employee) –  McMurdo, AntarcticaOctober 9, 2018
You work 9 hours per day - six days a week- for a set amount. If you have to work OT it is not paid.

It is seasonal work so you are on unemployment for months at a time which reduces your total pay.

You have a room mate in the dorms and for some people that is ok but for me I do not like that. I like my own place to go at the end of the day if possible.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Months off between seasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight