PAE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
its an ok place
General Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2018
Been working here for almost 5 months and its a nice environment but the pay rate is very low for the amount of work that i do on a daily basis. lack of good benefits also
Pae
Ceneral office clerk (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 10, 2018
It is a fast paced job, high quotes to meet, training well done, some jobs are highly physical, and demanding. Good benefits, management good, advancement very hard to obtain.
Very detailed position, very fast paced, no mistakes period.
General Officer Worker, General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
Check, recheck and check files again, to be certain that you do not miss anything, if you do you will be told about it. A lot of heavy lifting of files and carts. Told to make sure you stay on time line but also to go on breaks/lunch on schedule (does not work), because one person pulls files at a time and you much hurry! so the next person can start.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fast Paced environment
BIOMETRIC TECHNICIAN, RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Meeting new people
Being able to help an applicant accomplish new status
standing all day was unfortunately the downside
I loved the people and everything about this position
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
standing all day
Productive quick paced workplace
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2018
Loved this job. Although I feel the compensation should’ve been a little higher it was overall a fun place to work. You also are playing a huge roll in the government agency which is a stressful yet rewarding feeling.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stressful quotas to keep up with
N/a
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 1, 2018
I didn't like the management, the pay for the job was to low for a government facility. The coworkers were amazing but the management was not. Thank you
productive and great place for advancement
Biotechnician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 25, 2018
long hours little pay. great diverse culture. management is great to work with. the hardest part of the job is not being able to help with certain questions.
Dead End
File Clerk for USCIS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
this is a dead end job that will hire anyone who passes the background check. management is highly dysfunctional with very poor communication. you will learn about changes by word of mouth rather than by direct contact by management. Promotions are based on whoever applies rather than by most qualified and the turnover is high. They will force you to use PTO when not necessary. I would avoid this company at all costs unless desperately in need of work.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits, negative environment
Summary
Maintenance Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
The only reason I am doing this is because indeed is making me. This seemed to be a good company the only problem I had was passing my physical in time when the project I was assigned to started.
Pros
pay
Cons
overseas
Worse company I ever work for.
General Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2018
All what I read was true If that is a worse company you ever can work for that's the main one. They have a lower rate pay but higher expectations on production and don't take care the employees .
Pae needs better management
contractor for Dept. of Homeland Security (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJuly 13, 2018
my job itself was fine. It's the way that Pae does business, and treats their employees that sucks. When they took over, we lost sick pay, bonuses, and quarterly luncheons. All of the things that help employees feel appreciated and respected! You'd think that business people would be smart enough to realize that if they treat their employees better, they will, in turn, get better production out of them.
Instead of boosting our morale, they totally drug us down.

They also sit around trying to "make things more efficient" when they aren't the ones doing the job every day. Instead of getting advice from the ones who know what they are doing, they just make up really dumb new rules and guidelines that end up hindering our work.
The most enjoyable part of the job
INTEGRATED LOGISTICS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2018
The ability to continually assist department co-workers and other departmental employees to become more experienced within their roles and responsibilities.
Hangar/Production Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 12, 2018
Great Company to work for. The issues were not the company but with the contract and that the union was implemented. Management Team on site was a great team.
Long hours good pay
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJuly 10, 2018
Overall a good company, however I worked third shift and didn't have much contact with upper management. Very fast paced environment it was real easy to get two hours behind what is going on with a short lunch break which could take up to an hour to catch up with where maintenance was at for the flight schedule.
Productive and a great place to save money.
Captain/ Seaman/ Engineer (Current Employee) –  FPOJuly 10, 2018
Autec is a great place to work for PAE. Its a great opportunity for people looking for a good paying job if they do not care what they do for a living.
Pros
Great hours, Great work, Great people
Cons
Not a kind company to work for.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, MOJuly 9, 2018
Typical day includes getting overtime sprung on you at the last minute, managing three times the amount of employees you are even qualified to supervise, management leaving on the daily, and no compensation for exempt employees working overtime.
Pros
Cons
*Pulls out lengthy scroll*
Simple, but hard labor job
Grounds Laborer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2018
I enjoyed learning new skills and being able to say I am qualified to drive the machines I was trained on. Work culture could use a little help, not so much with PAE, but the T&H management that was contracted to work with us.
Pros
Well-paid
Cons
Sometimes a longer lunch would have been nice
Do not do it
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDJuly 5, 2018
I was employed with PAE for almost 2 years and began my job search maybe 6 months ago. The salary is a complete job and doe NOT match the job demand required. Management does not support the employees, more catered to the "client" which in my opinion will NEVER work because your employees have no one to :turn to" for support. The only PROS I will list are my coworkers and my flexible work schedule. CONS are anything that you may think of starting with pay, how are people/staff suppose to support there families with the pay PAE provides, low bidding on a contract is NOT no one's fault but PAE's. My site in Suitland I was employed at was a revolving door, people would get hired, see what is required of them, look at their paychecks and jump ship. PAE only covers about 10 holidays, the others employees are required to use what is called a Floating Holiday or work extra to make up that time. Which in all cases are not as easy for all employees. Health benefits is a joke both medical and dental, Vision was the only medical benefit I really saw a benefit in. Manager was super micromanaging us in the beginning but finally came around and eased up a bit. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone !
Pros
Flexible work hours, easy to make up time
Cons
Salary, Health benefits, Covered holidays
Meh
PM (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 4, 2018
If you aren't a certain type, don't expect advancement. Profit is key without consideration of the nuances of client relations. Poor executive leadership.
Stuffy and controling
Senior Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 29, 2018
You come in to do a job, and have a plan made and upper management comes in and never allows to to think for yourself. The work environment is suffocating and no one is happy.
Pros
You always have Sundays off
Cons
You never know when they will pull overtime or cancel it at the last minute.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight