PakLab Employee Reviews

Productive work enviroment with many lines to run
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHMarch 15, 2018
I worked at paklab for about eleven months learned some new skills met some good employees but did not get along with boss so I decided time to move on
Pros
Late hours
Cons
Not a consistent work schedule
Quick-paced
Packer (Former Employee) –  Owensville, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Okay job, good for a first job, a lot of lazy workers and goofing off there, it did have low pay but now offers better pay for the work involved, does hire a lot of temps
Easy fast paced work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHFebruary 1, 2018
It is a job if you want to work. There is a lot of employee turnover in this company. Temps are told there is a hiring freeze and regular employees are told there are no pay increases. It is easy and fast paced.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Temporary employees can be there for years without getting hired on.
Overall stressful
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2018
You can work up to 12 hours a day when it's available which is the only thing I can say positive about PakLab. Management does whatever they want, come in 10-11a.m. leave 1-2 p.m. etc to the degree that mid management has them in a corner. So when lower employees go picking on one in the bunch, management can't do anything about it in fear of being told on for what they get away with. Lower employees are fine with whatever management does so they in turn get away with doing whatever they want. Training was a joke, learned on my own. Some people work, most don't. The more you work, the more your worked while others sit around & do absolute minimum. Mid management is ok until you have a question about an employee who also happens to be a family member on why you may be killing yourself but they are just watching you work. The atmosphere is stressful, all because you aren't blood related. I feel for anyone who works at PakLab. Even temp services don't want to send their employees there anymore because the turn around is a joke. It's the running joke for former employees, even some employees still there. No respect for each other, very unfair across the board. That company embarrasses itself & I see why their big customers don't renew contracts!
Pros
Overtime when available
Cons
Management, mid level management, co workers, family members working together, pay could be much better, no incentives or rewards or even a pat on the back for going above & beyond
The left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing
Maintenance Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHNovember 7, 2017
Management has far to many chiefs with little or no organization. My day starts by hitting the ground running. I work with all technicians and laborers to try to help with their needs which leads to an all day chore.
Nice people and environment
Sampler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed the people there. They really helped you and tried to make you apart of the team. I learned a lot from some of the workers there. I have gained different skills from working at PakLab
productive
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHAugust 30, 2017
Fast paced and changing product lines with a focus on customer satisfaction. Work force dependent on temporary service provider which generates the need for continuous training.
Pros
Changing products lines
Cons
Not perfect, but definitely not a bad place to work.
Slitter Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Healthy, OHJuly 31, 2017
Overall it's not a bad place to work. It has its flaws, as every place does. Pay could be better, but you get guaranteed 40 hours a week and more if you want it or not. You get most holidays off and you get personal/vacation time. Benefits are decent but not great. The boss's aren't perfect either, but they aren't vile or cruel. Anyone can find some good in working there.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours a week. Most holidays are paid time off.
Cons
Vacation and Personal both require a week notice. Pay could be higher.
Bad job
Worker (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 26, 2017
Bad management. This company lies to you. Increase in pay sucks or they just don't do increases. Not a great company. Never do what they say they are gonna do.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad management
not good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newtown, OHMay 8, 2017
lies and slander nothing more, unfortunately i need 150 characters to explain the same 2 words. lies, and slander. nothing more to it not good work place
Fast Paced yet positive
Plant Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OhioMay 3, 2017
Lot's of activity. New capitol projects, new client product initiatives, ongoing maintenance and machine reliability initiatives, process improvement initiatives, equipment validations, training.
Pros
great people
not a bad place just management problems
set up machine operator (Current Employee) –  batavia ohApril 12, 2017
Not that bad of a place to work really poor management tho the over time was nice but they are cutting it down now there is a good possibility for advancement just not much of increase when you do. No real structure to anything
Pros
decent hours good ppl
Cons
bad management only two breaks
productive and relaxing workplace, easy to go to work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Owensville, OHFebruary 10, 2017
very fast paced environment which works well for me because I enjoy being active while working. friendly environment, have really enjoyed working there learning new techniques to improve my production rate and quality. super easy and personal oriented. the hardest part of the job would probable be staying awake since most of what you do is very repetitive however at the end of the day comes your reward when you see that you have packed twelve skids in an eight hour shift. lots of incentives and appreciation dinners!
Pros
plenty hours and overtime
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Operater (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2017
The pay was good the hours were good it was easy to get along and make friend with other employees and work as a team overall a good experience if I had stable transportation would of liked to be there longer.
Pros
good people
Cons
short breaks
Not Great, Not Terrible
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHDecember 27, 2016
The work was repetitive, easy, and boring. Workers inspected and packed items off the lines. Lack of air conditioning in parts of the factory made it miserable, especially in the summer. Co-workers were nice and it was well managed. A lot of physical labor. I wouldn't recommend for people with back or knee issues.
Pros
People
Cons
No AC
The company is going through management changes
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 12, 2016
Unable to review at the moment, but in my previous employment there at PakLab the environment was great and fair, the plant manager took care of the people and treated everyone with respect
challenging work enviroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHOctober 30, 2016
I like a challenge. I need a job that pushes my limitations and expects more of me than I expect from myself. PakLab trusted me to work harder than I ever thought possible. Every job is going to have its pros and cons but this job was worth every con.
Learned alot while working here
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHAugust 8, 2016
Take it from someone who was a PakLab employee for 4 years..this is a hit or miss,you either like it there or you dont. Personally,I didn't think the work was that hard once you got used to it. I was a Team Member for 2 of those years,before I got promoted to be a Team Leader.Management first of all was awesome,sometimes it would seem like however you didn't feel like they listened to your concerns. One thing I did love about PakLab management,was that they have a zero tolerance for bullying and slacking off in the workplace. As long as you worked hard,were civil with other coworkers, and tried your best,then you were fine. When it came to training new workers how to pack on an assembly line,that was something the more experienced people (including myself),were asked to help assist with. All in all if you are thinking that you might be interested in working here,I would encourage it.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, awesome coworkers, weekly paychecks
Cons
20 minute lunches
Poor Working Environment
Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHJune 7, 2016
Disorganized, poor pay, horrible health insurance, the integrity of the company is poor, they send out product under false pretense, management is disgruntled and works under a CYA pretense.
Pros
Hard working employees who take pride in their work
Cons
it's nothing more than a pay check
Productive Place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 4, 2016
i learned many different things about the company, from the products made , to how they are assembled. Gained experience in many different areas, from packing to labeling to making shipping tickets and many more.