PAL Employee Reviews

Supportive Staff , Loving & Caring Children ..
Chaperone (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
PAL taught me a lot . I learned how to communicate with not only my peers but with adults in a better way . We did activities to help each other understand one another . We learned how to respect one another no matter what the situation was between any of us .
Pros
Free lunch, Free Food
Cons
Hours .
productive fun work place
Coach (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 30, 2018
easy outgoing job having fun with children and also being a mentor. always being alert for anything an really just being a second parent to the children while in your care.
Pros
free lunch or snacks
Cons
no breaks
Hard Work
Asbestos Handler (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 29, 2018
Good place to work for, but it is hard work. The type of work done it was cleaning asbestos and it was dangerous work, but the company always paid attention to the workers.
Fun and laid back summer camp.
Junior Director (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, MEJune 2, 2018
This job equips its counselors with First Aid and CPR training and has reasonable hours for high school/young college students in the summer months. Field trips are three days a week and fun for both kids and staff.
Pros
Free lunches
productive and mind clearing
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  829 Old Nichols Rd, Islandia, NY 11749May 8, 2018
if your feeling upset or down and need a source of happiness for a few hours. Pal o mine does a great job at taking your mind off of things and engages with the workers to get them out there funky mess. spending a few hours with a horse can change your thought of emotions being that horses aren't vocal they teach you a valuable lesson about actions speaks louder than words.
Pros
free lunches, lots of 1 on 1 attention along side with a care for a horse for a few
Cons
supervised 24/7, not able to go out for lunch as much, energy consuming
Management was Horrible
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZMay 7, 2018
Management used their authority to make work miserable. Very diversified. They played favorites and if you werent on their good side, they would find things wrong and write you up without hearing your side.
Benefits
Sports, Art, Games
Summer Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
Activities games and played lots of sports. Leaned how to grow patients. Management was excellent. lost of different cultures very comfortable work place. No hard parts during the job very relaxed.
Most enjoyable part of the job... seeing kids laughing, playing every sport and just having a great time with kids and coworkers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Organized and very fast paced.
Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 28, 2017
This was apart of a work program called Work Learn Grow. So I wasnt an official employee and didnt receive any benefits but I got to receive communication skills and I was given the skills to work in a fast paced environment. A typical day at work would be clocking in and immediately going to your classrom and greeting the children then eating lunch with them. Afterward they have their homework time and have free time to either go to the art room , the gym for basketball or the dance room. Their weren't any hard parts because everything here is easy going and simple.
Pros
free lunches
Great Place to Work!
Peer Advisor Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2017
I loved working for New Student Connections at USF. Was a great position to grow as an individual and taught you a lot about yourself. I enjoyed the connections I made and the people I met.
Good pay but tough work
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 8, 2017
Because of PAL Mgmt is a small business, Workers experienced issues with Management and bad communications, Family members of management were not held to the same standards as regular employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Harsh work enviroment
Multicultural Counselor
After School Staff (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2017
Good for Kids but It is not good co-workers environmental. Part time job. Not good communication or team work with other centers. No multi cultural respectful environmental.
Great place to do community service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 9, 2017
Great directors, amazing activities, very organized and friendly. Good amount of community hours. Great place to make new friends and meet new people from different schools.
Pros
Lots of dinner parties and celebrations
fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
Checking into my post, logging into my jot book covering after previous worker
• Making sure theres nobody trespassing in the building.
• Making sure nobody is hanging infront of building and nobody roaming hallways, or staircases.
Also making sure the premises is clear safe and secure.
Pros
great communication with co workers
Cons
short breaks
Nice job if you are in college
PAL Tutor, Ferrum College (Former Employee) –  Ferrum, VAJuly 16, 2016
I worked as an on-call tutor through the science department at Ferrum College. I worked between 10-25 hours a week. My work schedule depended on how many people signed up for tutoring that week.
Pros
Tutoring in your field of study
Cons
Not adequate pay
Fun Activities
Center Children's Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden City Park, NYJune 7, 2016
Most of the time spent here was done looking after the children's birthday parties, organizing games, and cleaning up afterwards.
N/a
Maiintinece (Former Employee) –  Wilmiington, DESeptember 28, 2015
N/a idk that much was not attending for long enough to do so.
Fun work place with supportive management. Not at all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Enjoyable
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 1, 2015
In a typical day I would help children with their homework and participate in various activities offered in the program. I gained an understanding about a different lifestyles the children were exposed to. I have not had exposure to the elements in life some of these children have. The hardest part of the job was hearing certain details about the children's home life. The most enjoyable and most rewarding part of the job was having the chance to help the children succeed in their education.
It was a good experience and I learned a lot about the organization and myself.
STAFF (Former Employee) –  PS 47 1794 East 172nd StreetJune 15, 2015
A typical day would usually be hectic. I would normally have a group of 20 kindergartners. The management itself would sometimes be unorganized, and the co-workers helped one another. The hardest part of the job was the lack of organization, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the participants enjoy themselves and the co-workers being able to come together and make it possible.
Great job, poor staff
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2015
The staff members here are not organized, and can sometimes be to demanding of children. I witnessed a staff member grabbing and yelling at a child when trying to correct a situation. I believe that they should handle all situations in a professional manor.
Pros
They provide all supplys needed to instruct your class
Cons
Unprofessional, Unorganized
Pal
Volunteer, Horizons For Homeless Children (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
Nice place to volunteer to work at. Able to meet new people. i signed up for a 6 month commitment and ended staying for a year. At first it was rocky because of the program i was working at.