Palace Casino Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
challenging and interesting
Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  La Center, WAFebruary 25, 2018
interesting multi faceted casino,
four different cuisines utilizing one large kitchen with additional prep kitchen.
challenges are mostly in staffing and last minute call ins making it difficult to maintain consistency while serving 24 hours a day.
Pros
nice management support GM, CFO owners
Cons
24 hours and last minute staff call ins
Security Guard at the Palace Casino
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  La Center, WAFebruary 13, 2018
Working as a security guard at the Palace Casino is very easy. The job requires very little education or abilities. The main concern is getting through the day as it is uneventful in that regards and is challenging because there is little to do. As long as you show up and don't fall asleep due to the lack of duties, one would have no difficulty in this position.
Pros
An excellent leader in the department
Cons
Extremely boring, with staying in one area all day and on your feet quite a bit.
Great work place
Grill Cook fry cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 22, 2018
Fun and fast pace work pace great people had a lot of great times while I was working there would I would recommend any one to go work there they really care about there workers great PTO and 401k
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Health insurance
The worst
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  La Center, WAJanuary 18, 2018
I only worked at this place for a short time but i can tell you it was nothing less than special. I've never been disrespected by so many people (between players, co-workers, and management) in one day. An d this happened everyday. Worst place I've ever worked. Good Thai food, though.
Great place to work depending on management of department
Title 31 compliance specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2017
Great company to work for depending on what department you work for and who your management is
I have benefits are phenomenal. I love my job but did not approve of my management. They talk down to you treated you poorly. If you did something wrong instead of teaching you and working with you they degraded you
palace casino back of house
Cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 27, 2017
I liked working at the palace, I just didn't like there was no teamwork. There was three of us assigned to a station to cook at. One of my coworkers showed poor job performance and he would leave me and my other coworker to do all the work. I spoke to the chef and both sou chefs. Nobody did anything about it. I got tired of being used and held responsible for why the some of the line isn't full.
ok job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 13, 2017
it was a OK job a lot of downtime and then complaining from higher ups about not working when you where complete with all tasks other employees where not happy with free meals that we where in-charge of cooking for them
Pros
benifits
Cons
over staffed
Decent place to work to start out at
Floor Security Officer (Current Employee) –  La Center, WAMay 21, 2017
I loved my job until I had some personal things come up which where court ordered which the lead for security isn't willing to work with me on the scheduling.
Pros
Free meals in the breakroom
Cons
Not willing to work around your personal life
kids are loud
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 24, 2017
a nice place were friends meet up I learned a lot to be patient and to manage a days work in a busy place the easiest part of the day is lunch kids go out side hardest is to work around people
Pros
watch tv.
Cons
having to count the head of kids
I Love It
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 27, 2016
The Palace Was My Very Palace Of Work, It Was Always Some Excitement And Positive Vibe In The Workplace. The Most Enjoyable Part OF The Job Is being able to provide the help the clients need.
Pros
the food was always good
Cons
short breaks
Food and Beverage Great Casino
Food and Beverage Cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed cooking entrees for the customers and the sous chefs taught me a lot recipes to prepare the meals. Some customers were okay to serve to on a daily basis.
It is a fun work place
COOK (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 10, 2016
People Always come to work on time. The boss always make sure you alright before you start the job. The co-workers always productive. I enjoy them moving me around to learn every position just in case somebody call out.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
lay off
fast paste work place
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2015
Was a great company even though everyone is placed on an on call bases it was still a very good company to work for. friendly staff friendly work space.
Warehouse day in the fun heat
Warehouse assistant (Current Employee) –  Biloxi,msAugust 20, 2015
My day starts off unlocking and opening the warehouse doors and gates. I check my emails every morning for orders and other warehouse requests to print. Pulling all orders and loading on truck for delivery. I have learned how to operate in a new inventory system called MAS 500. I work in MAS 500 everyday receive supplies/freight and also take out and charge a dept for the supplies requested. The hardest part of my job is probably the hot weather as there is no AC in the warehouse. I also look at the hot warehouse as an advantage to keep myself burning calories and keeping myself in shape.
was a very confortable place
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Cut Bank, MTJuly 22, 2015
I would go int he morning and do some swamping , bathrooms , cleaning, vacuuming , I would clean gambling machines, vend money, unlock doors , meet and greet customers , serve beverages, offer to make change , exchange tickets for money, pay out winnings,
make the customer feel welcome , customer service.
Pros
free drinks, eat lunch in between customers
Cons
no benifits
Fun and Family Oriented
Main Banker / Cage Assitant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 21, 2015
I enjoy my work at the Palace. I have learned to become stronger in my management skills over the years and I truly enjoy customer service. My co-workers have become like family to me over the years which makes work fun.
Productive, caring and fun place to work.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 25, 2015
I would help set up a room for different functions, events and meetings. We would disassemble the equipment used for the event and return each piece to it's proper storage place. Clean the area and have ready for use for the next function.
Pros
Great benefits
Family-type environment with small employee base.
Hotel/Casino Bellman (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 18, 2015
Nice place to work if you're going to school or need a job that can pay the bills. Co-workers are friendly and enjoyable to be around. Management could use work, but overall a nice experience.
Pros
Free lunch provided and nice discounts for employees on dining in.
Cons
Small employee staff leaves management to get too buddy-buddy with employees and play favorites.
Love cooking
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 15, 2015
Cooking is something I love doing. I enjoy going in to work. I love learning new things. theres nothing hard about the job. My day at work is just going in and getting the job done.
the bosses were cool free lunch for lunch break
Busser (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 2, 2014
the job over all is nice work at your own pace safe envirnoment
Pros
free lunches and you monitor your own breaks
Cons
small break room