Palace Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun and amazing work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calverton, NYSeptember 23, 2018
So over the work season you will meet amazing people and the managers are awesome as they understand that our schedule may change so they do work with you
Pros
1/2 off the food and free admission into the park
Cons
Breaks go by fast
Horrible place to work
Ride Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 19, 2018
Don’t care about there workers , use everyone as slaves for their company horribly managed palace entertainment is a joke they put no money into park !
Cons
No breaks, always on your neck, never satisfied
Not enough pay for what you have to do
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 26, 2018
This job is a great first or temporary job. pay is $7.25 an hour, which is not enough to pay bills since they take out taxes and stuff like that. it is very long days and you are either at the same place for 8 hours everyday, or you never see the department you work in. My case was being at the same ride every day for 8 hour days. I gave it 2 stars because the one benefit you do get is pretty nice. you get into basically any amusement park in Pennsylvania and even some in New Jersey, Virginia, and Maryland. but that is the only plus to working here. Management isn't the best either. I had an emergency that I needed to leave the ride so I called a supervisor and told them I needed to leave for an emergency and it took them an hour before they even came over to the ride to take my spot.
Pros
Free entry to amusement parks
Cons
not enough pay, Horrible working conditions
fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 4, 2018
always a great time because on your break you can go out and enjoy the park and jump in while switching spots on really hot days management was always on top of things that needed done and were very approachable.
Awesome and fun work place
Crowd Control (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 30, 2018
The palace was an awesome venue to work at. I got to see a lot of cool concerts and get paid for it. You can create your own schedule. The people and the managers are cool.
Don't do it !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2018
* Miami Seaquarium

Retail management is super unprofessional, the manager behaves like a child, there's favoritism, horrible management overall. Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else. I quit so quick.
Review
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2018
Seasonal Summer Position.

I would say this job is for the youth. They have lots of fun positions. If you are certified to be a lifeguard this is a great fit for you. If not there are plenty of other positions. Management is fairly understanding.
Great teamwork and no drama
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 31, 2018
Typical Amusement park feel, but on a much smaller scale. Managers are managers, don't do anything dumb, and you'll be just fine. If a summer job/ small job is what you seek, Castle park is a place for you.
Pros
Free family tickets/ flexibile hours
Cons
no career advancement, low pay, small business
Fun place to work
KennyWood Phantom Fright (Former Employee) –  4800 Kennywood Blvd, West Mifflin, PAMarch 21, 2018
Was pretty fun working as a scarer scaring every one that I could. Be waiting for some guest to come on by and jump out and scare them and I would always get the man of the group on the ground as the children and women would laugh all having a good time.
Pros
Discount tickets
Cons
Some rowdy guest.
Fun place to work
Lead Carpenter / Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time at the park. I just wish I could have stayed longer to help bring it back to its old glory. I got to teach a few younger guys and girls some painting and carpentry. Such a great team of people that care and were all trying to make and keep things nice.The management treated me great and never had to ask me to do something twice. Everyone walked around with smiles happy to be there.The hardest part of my job was leaving it.
Pros
good beniffits
fun place to work in the summer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYFebruary 26, 2018
fun plave to work in the summer. great to make money during the summer, great benefits like employee parties and employee discounts, and they are good with scheduling hours.
I guess it could be a good starting job
Kennywood Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAFebruary 24, 2018
A typical work day was varied depending on where you worked at.
Potato Patch was busy.
Small Fry was at times busy, others not.
Golden Nugget was only busy at evening through night.

I had learned nothing when I worked there.

Pay for food
30 minute breaks
Pretty cool supervisors (at least the ones i worked with)
Cool Managers (mostly)
Productive and great work place
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Great experience and good company to work for. Like the management and leadership style. Open door policy. Summer months are more stressful than regular months due to the operating calendar for the parks.
Pros
Free food samples, free access to water parks and theme parks
Cons
no matching 401K, weather dependent business
Management needs help
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Miami Seaquarium is one of the most unprofessional places I’ve ever worked at, they lack in management and on top of that, they only notice the bad and not the good. Worst place I’ve ever wasted my hard work at.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
The management and
One of my biggest challenges of my career
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day was to check and respond to emails, review financial reports, tour the department, and run meetings to discuss issues and achievements.

I learned that I needed to balance my work life and personal life. The long hours every day takes a toll on you.

Management at the park level was understanding of our department needs.

With regards to workplace culture, the environment in a nutshell was we all tried to balance the hard work with fun.

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours from day to day. I worked for 33 days straight without a day off.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching our seasonal management team learn and grow.
Pros
Ownership of the food department
Cons
Very long hours under extreme working conditions
Great Place to Work!
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Kennywood Park, PAJanuary 5, 2018
Full time is the way to go. Part time isn’t that great. Hours in the summer are long but worth it because they pay overtime. Coworkers are fantastic!
Typical day at work
Seasonal Carl's Jr. Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CADecember 13, 2017
I would clock in and I go to my scheduled station. I would usually be in the kitchen, on a window, or cashier for the day. Positions would change up almost all of the time.
Pros
Got to learn multiple positions
Cons
Stressful rushes
Good Staff
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 28, 2017
Everyone at Boomers was really nice and cool they were also helpful. Managers were very understanding and willing to work with my schedule because I was so busy during the time.
Pros
Greats Staff
Cons
Not much benefits
good team enviornment
Vice President Retail (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 9, 2017
Good life / work balance
Benefit and pay were good for senior leadership.
limited advancement opportunities
Budget restrictions impacted growth.
Fun Team environment.
Funding issues impacted ability to advance and for new projects
Pros
good team work
Cons
no advancement
It was good experience for my career
Ride Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 5, 2017
I did like that the hours were consistent but only one day off. The pay could have been more considering how dangerous it was at times and that we were liable for guests' safety.
Pros
Always room to learn new things
Cons
No Benefits