Palace Entertainment Employee Reviews

Entertainment and willingness to succeed
Corporate Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 27, 2019
A great company to work for and to grow. Keep an open mind and offer suggestions. Work hard and seek for opportunities at all properties, where one day you could become a leader.
Pros
Family Entertainment for everyone
Interesting
Team member (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAJanuary 18, 2019
I started working there when I was 15 and got paid 6.50 an hour. Working 8-hour shifts, with barely any break out in the hot sun. Not to mention the lack of staff that would actually do their work.
Do yourself a favor & apply elsewhere!!
Admissions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 13, 2019
Do not work here! The director & managers were HORRIBLE & showed so much favoritism! You work super long hours with little to no break! Soooo many people have suffered heat exhaustion/strokes from working here & being overworked in the sun without proper breaks & managers don’t care! You’re lucky if you get a cup of water from a cooler that was sitting in the sun all day to “cool you off” or a tiny fan for you to continue working! The pay isn’t worth it & your life is so much more important!!
Pros
Swim on your days off
Cons
Everything else you can think of!!!
Good First Job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 13, 2019
In this job you will learn a lot of skills and work ethic you'll need later in life. However, it is not a long term job. It is kind of just a place holder until you can find something better or more fitting for what you're looking for. And they higher practically anyone.
Pros
Free Tickets To Most Amusement Parks, Friendly Environment
Cons
Unprepared Management, Constant Miscalculated Schedules
Good management style
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 7, 2019
I loved how the GM interacted with his staff. He was very fair stern when needed, rewarded and trusted his employees. Which in turn his employees would respect him and his leadership. The hardest part of the job was working with some employees that were trained incorrectly or not coached on their attitudes.
Pros
creating memories for the clients/families and corporations.
Cons
my con was the location. i was an hour away.
Overall Summary
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PADecember 17, 2018
Working for Palace Entertainment exposed me to what areas of labor that I would love to engage in. The management was unorganized and laid back. Most of the employees within Food & Beverage lacked discipline and got away with breaking the rules. No one would listen and would leave the food stand that they were assigned to. Trying to operate amongst such a disorganized crowd may have been the most hardest part. Although, meeting other teenagers such as myself at the time, I had as much fun as I could being exposed in their cultures. Something that I had learned was that I am capable of operating stably under stressful situations, asking for help may be helpful most of the time, and I am an excellent leader.
productive and fun
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 4, 2018
i really enjoyed working for palace entertainment. i was in a fun and healthy environment surrounded by fun people. my typical days when i started where easy, all i did was set up for our typical kids parties and play games. for the most part our managers where laid back, here and there they'd stress over a big event, but it was understandable. one thing i miss was the end off the day fun we had when we closed. it was never borin, cowerkers always made me laugh while we got our work done.
Pros
3 free entrance paces every month to the whole park
Cons
mid shifts on weekends
Working at Boomers was fun but it just didn't work out with my time schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 4, 2018
When i would get early shifts at boomers, i would start off by setting out the tables, placing out the sauce, making sure the ice cream machine was on and full, restock the cups, and wait until 12:00 to open up. During the summer, there were many field trips to boomers and that was a rush hour for me. when it was closing time, i wiped down everything and stacked the chairs, broomed, restocked cups, clean the soda machine nozzles and turned off the televisions.
Pros
The tips are great
Cons
rush hours are stressful during the summer
Productive and fun work place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 22, 2018
It was a safe environment in which families would have fun and to be able to interact with clients and see how they reacted at the end of the ride with a smiling face was the best part the hardest part of the job was the hot sun but they had refreshments for that.
Pros
Free ride tickets
Cons
Buys lunch
Fun and amazing work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calverton, NYSeptember 23, 2018
So over the work season you will meet amazing people and the managers are awesome as they understand that our schedule may change so they do work with you
Pros
1/2 off the food and free admission into the park
Cons
Breaks go by fast

Want to know more about Palace Entertainment?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work
Ride Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 19, 2018
Don’t care about there workers , use everyone as slaves for their company horribly managed palace entertainment is a joke they put no money into park !
Cons
No breaks, always on your neck, never satisfied
Not enough pay for what you have to do
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 26, 2018
This job is a great first or temporary job. pay is $7.25 an hour, which is not enough to pay bills since they take out taxes and stuff like that. it is very long days and you are either at the same place for 8 hours everyday, or you never see the department you work in. My case was being at the same ride every day for 8 hour days. I gave it 2 stars because the one benefit you do get is pretty nice. you get into basically any amusement park in Pennsylvania and even some in New Jersey, Virginia, and Maryland. but that is the only plus to working here. Management isn't the best either. I had an emergency that I needed to leave the ride so I called a supervisor and told them I needed to leave for an emergency and it took them an hour before they even came over to the ride to take my spot.
Pros
Free entry to amusement parks
Cons
not enough pay, Horrible working conditions
I don't know enough to fully critique.
Lifeguard at Wet n' Wild Emerald Point (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 25, 2018
I enjoyed the time I was employed. The work atmosphere was hospitable and the pay was equal to the work I was doing. however it was a seasonal position with little pay and benefits, not nearly enough to live on alone. Yet I do not know enough about the company to review it any further.
fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 4, 2018
always a great time because on your break you can go out and enjoy the park and jump in while switching spots on really hot days management was always on top of things that needed done and were very approachable.
Awesome and fun work place
Crowd Control (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 30, 2018
The palace was an awesome venue to work at. I got to see a lot of cool concerts and get paid for it. You can create your own schedule. The people and the managers are cool.
Don't do it !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2018
* Miami Seaquarium

Retail management is super unprofessional, the manager behaves like a child, there's favoritism, horrible management overall. Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else. I quit so quick.
Review
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2018
Seasonal Summer Position.

I would say this job is for the youth. They have lots of fun positions. If you are certified to be a lifeguard this is a great fit for you. If not there are plenty of other positions. Management is fairly understanding.
Great teamwork and no drama
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 31, 2018
Typical Amusement park feel, but on a much smaller scale. Managers are managers, don't do anything dumb, and you'll be just fine. If a summer job/ small job is what you seek, Castle park is a place for you.
Pros
Free family tickets/ flexibile hours
Cons
no career advancement, low pay, small business
Fun place to work
KennyWood Phantom Fright (Former Employee) –  4800 Kennywood Blvd, West Mifflin, PAMarch 21, 2018
Was pretty fun working as a scarer scaring every one that I could. Be waiting for some guest to come on by and jump out and scare them and I would always get the man of the group on the ground as the children and women would laugh all having a good time.
Pros
Discount tickets
Cons
Some rowdy guest.
Fun place to work
Lead Carpenter / Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time at the park. I just wish I could have stayed longer to help bring it back to its old glory. I got to teach a few younger guys and girls some painting and carpentry. Such a great team of people that care and were all trying to make and keep things nice.The management treated me great and never had to ask me to do something twice. Everyone walked around with smiles happy to be there.The hardest part of my job was leaving it.
Pros
good beniffits