Palacios Marine Industrial Employee Reviews

Pmi
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Port LavacaJune 19, 2019
I would not recommend working for PMI. They treat people poorly, there is no room for advancement and the benefits that exist are very poor. There is no sense of job security.
Very fun and relaxed place to work
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXDecember 18, 2018
Everyone is friendly, manager is laid back and very understanding and helps a lot. Work is steady all day, never gets boring. They teach you a lot and your learn a lot. Very productive job.
Pros
Friendly enviroment, Fun place to work
Cons
Pay
Family oriented company
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palacios, TXOctober 4, 2018
Is a family oriented company and employees work as a team. Staff is very helpful when a project needs to be completed. Upper management has a open door policy. I was crossed trained in different departments of the company which gave me experience in different areas of the company. My job experience with PMI was very positive.
Cool coworkers.upper management sucks. Pay is average. don't expect to get raises and chances to move up.
Fitter/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXSeptember 18, 2018
100% truth about PMI. every contractor is just about the same at formosa. Except PMI pays just a little better. pmi's general foreman's and superintendents are cut throat and will throw you under the bus to make themselves look good. Two face. they honestly don't care about you. if you don't want to do something because its unsafe, they'll find someone who will. NEVER expect a raise no matter how much you bust your butt or how much you know. Do not expect to move up. they have their friends for those positions. be sure you're happy with your pay and position before you start because it won't change. there's no benefits or paid time off of course. if you're a foreman and you use your own vehicle, they don't help with your fuel. you get your paychecks on fridays no earlier than 3 because they're tightwads and want to collect as much interest as they can. even if you're off friday you still have to drive to the office and get it. no direct deposit unless you work in the office. they have the nastiest company vehicles to transport you to the job site.

Good things I liked was your co workers. i literally liked everyone on my job except the GF. foreman's are cool and some safety is cool. they don't expect you to work yourself to death but if there is work to do, do it. they aren't too tough on being absent and being punished for it. maybe taking 1 or 2 extra days off a month won't get you fired. being late everyday might. as long as you pull your weight and make a difference everyday they're a little but more lenient. need to leave early? no big deal. it can be unsafe at times
  more... but just be your brothers keeper and look out for eachother. pmi is a good place to learn how to do everything really. just don't expect to hire on as a bolt up and want to be a fitter and hope they'll let you. they won't. learn what you can and leave for something better. I've had this conversation with many guys out there so if you're reading this you probably know who this is lol.  less
Pros
good place to learn
Cons
dont expect raises or promotions. upper management doesn't care if you exist
it was a growing company, so every day was a new experience
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXJuly 26, 2018
it was an ok job, very new to the industrial world. they had a hard time finding their niche. but in the end i would recomend it to a friend due to the friendly coworkers who seemed to be more family than anything.
Not bad for a first job to some people.
Scaffold Builder Helper (Current Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXMay 24, 2018
The pay and the work is fit for a person looking for a first job. They treat everyone like pets and have no manners toward any of their superiors. Recomend to people for first construction or carpentry job.
Pros
More than 40 hours.
Cons
Short breaks. Low pay.
very nice place to grow and excel
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 16, 2018
A well oriented company that looking to grow and has some good management team around. treats employees with respect and dignity. I would recommend this company to a friend any day.
Yikes
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 4, 2018
The job in general is very easy, especially if you have prior work history. The management is high questionable and lacks the training and the work practices to actually lead in a professional work environment. Was sworn raises which i've never received, trouble with getting the correct tools for the job. The office is in Houston and one of the managers lives in corpus Christi, so you can see how that can effect you as an employee. Your also on call 7 days a week with no scheduled days off...
Better off working at Bucees or McDonalds
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXApril 23, 2018
Avoid this place if you can. Unless your friends or family of upper management, your work will mean nothing and your position was always at risk. Horrible benefits and heavy workload. The emphasis was on making money and following up on outstanding receivables weekly to bring in cash. I had to constantly go between two computer softwares just to see what a customer owed. I should never had to do that because customer data should be right when you switch to a new software. Apparently the CFO was in charge of changing over to the new software and alot of things did not carry over right. That is why I had to go between 2 systems that made my job more difficult. Monthly birthday or holiday parties were one of the few bright spots. But the office staff was constantly being reduced so you didn't know if you would make it to the next party. Constant micro managing from upper management upstairs created unwanted stress here. If you didn't follow upper managements' directions that you knew were completely wrong and dishonest, you would be blacklisted quick. I would be talked down to by upper management that at times was disrespectful and made me feel less than a human being. There was no HR department here at the time and if you had a problem you had to go to the CFO. As much as you plead your case, nothing was ever done unless you yourself caused drama. It was an open secret upper management was the problem but somehow the owners never saw it or ignored it completely. It made me think who was really in charge of the company.
Pros
Understanding that the job is not everything
Cons
upper management are big ego know-it-alls, micro management, prevents you from doing your job and make you feel stupid
Poor upper management
Accounts receivable specialist and time keeper (Former Employee) –  Seadrift, TXApril 13, 2018
In my experience this company has very poor upper management and poor communication throughout the company as a whole. During my time with the company I found the work environment to be unnecessarily stressful. I also observed a high turn over rate in the office.
Good
Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 18, 2018
This company is a good start to learn the basics of the business. It is good to know as many people as you can and create a network of opportunities for further advancement.
Very low pay. Only good thing is you get to learn a craft.
Industrial insulator and metal man (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXFebruary 18, 2018
The management is horrible. The owner only cares about making money. No paid holidays and bad pay compared to the companies with the same crafts. Only good thing is that you can start off as a helper in any craft and become a journeyman if you stick to it. As far as I know they have scaffold building, painting, insulation, welding, concrete work, bolt up and pipe fitting.
Pros
Can learn a craft.
Cons
Bad pay and bad management
Over all review
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Palacios, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I enjoyed the company however the pay was low and the benefits were not justified for the effort that was put into this company the employees should be offered more for the work the put in
Very busy office
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gregory, TXDecember 14, 2017
Really enjoyed working there, was always busy had deadlines to meet learned a lot. There was over time when the guys did turn around was always first to volunteer for staying late. Everyone helped each other when I would finish my job I was always ready to help someone else with theirs.
Pros
good benefits, great pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons
they closed the plant down
Stressful place to work with no advancement opportunities
Spotter (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at PMI includes having different "Supervisors" telling you different jobs that they would like for you to do. This is a very unprofessional company to work for and I would not recommend it to anyone not in dyer need of a job.
good
Firewatch/Holewatch (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 9, 2017
I wish they had clients in order for me to be able to maintain a full time work schedule. If they did i would stay with this employer. So I hat move on to different places
fun workplace
Labor/Helper (Former Employee) –  Palacios, TXAugust 1, 2017
Great company to work for.This company helped me get experience as a welder helper. Also management was friendly and always there when needed as far work related
No comment
Painters Helper/Firewatch (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 24, 2017
Nit was a great place to work friendly people laid back job got off in a timely manner met alot of good friends.they take safety very serious.just good place to work
Pros
Material
Cons
Frc
Fun
Hydro blaster (Former Employee) –  Palacios TexasJuly 18, 2017
Hydroblasting in tanks will have you sweating cause the heat from the sun and hot water. Kinda hard job to do must know how to use 40k pumps and other pumps as well but they will train right person. Good place to start Refinery work
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Hour lunch break
Great Company
HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Management and Supervision on board for a safety culture! A great company to work and grow with, constantly expanding there workforce and opportunity's.