PALATINE NURSING HOME Employee Reviews

Residents are wonderful with many fun activities
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYSeptember 22, 2017
The Residents at Palatine Bridge Nursing Home are kind and caring. The facility is small and can use some updating throughout, but the company provides many fun activities that residents can partake in throughout the year.
I found most of the staff to be friendly. However, there appears to be a high turnover rate among staff with a lack of organization and communication within departments.
productive and very fast pace
Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYJune 1, 2017
I'm very fast pace worker loving caring hard worker. I do my best and get many complaments on how good of work I do. I'm a great listener and take directions very good.
Pros
2 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
Cons
I work thru breaks
Nice long term care facility
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYMay 12, 2016
Receptionist weekends only while attending school for nursing Once graduated (June 2016) will be looking to secure a nursing position
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
pay
not a bad place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYFebruary 15, 2016
It just wasn't the right fit for me (too far to drive for the pay). also there were some staffing issues, there was alot of mandation when I was working there
Pros
very nice staff
Cons
short staffed and alot of mandation
A great facility with a good owner
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Palatine Bridge NY 13428June 1, 2015
An extremely gratifying job. Love helping Residents and families through their crisis. Enjoy making a difference in this critical transition for consumers. Obtained skills to easily multitask and efficiently streamline care and quality.
Management positions are all consuming. Unable to balance work and home life. As the director I was unable to leave work in a normal time frame. Looking to decrease the investment of time and still make a difference in peoples lifes.
Pros
Feels great helping people through their crisis
Cons
Palatine Nursing home gave me the experience I needed.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Palatine nursing home gave me the experience I needed to become the aide that I am today. To be able to go to work and know that you are doing something good for people is an honor that is indescribable. working in geriatrics is something I didn't think I could do but when I did it I cant think of anything else I would rather do. The hardest part for me is seeing so many of the residents i have taken care of not have family to call or see. though that is not always the case because i know many of families that come in everyday to see there loved ones but the ones that do not get that is hard for me to see. My favorite part of the job is a simple thank you whether it be from a co worker, or a family member of a resident or a resident them self that i would have to say melts my heart because I know that i am making people happy and knowing they are cared for.
Having fun and being serious at the same time
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYDecember 12, 2014
A typical night at work I would go in at 10pm and all of the residents were in bed, the only thing we really had to do was rounds every two hours, changed linens when needed. We would go around and make sure that everyone was in bed where they were supposed to be. and at 430 am, we would start getting the residents ready to be up by 6am.

I learned that nursing homes are not the best places to work at especially at night because things seem a little creepier. However, I enjoyed working nights but; i would rather work at a hospital and i personally believe that nursing homes are more for the higher experienced nurses and CNA's

My co workers could be nasty and rude to others when they felt the need to degrade someone. I was usually the one being downgraded because i was newer and slower.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with death and post mortum care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was feeding the residents that couldn't feed themselves.
Pros
breaks every other hour
Cons
their benefit package doesn't really help anything.
not sure what to say
cna (Former Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYJanuary 29, 2014
my worst job... i love working with residents but i didnt feel that this was one of the best places and the way they had trainbed their people to work there was not the best
Unreliable
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYJuly 30, 2013
I used to love working here the first 4 months but then they hired a new D.O.N. and she ruined that place it became a chore to work there and she isn't a pleasant person to work with. She forced me to quit my job there and it's been a struggle to find another job because not many places are hiring around here right now.
Pros
I loved the residents
Cons
The work ethics of the employees and the boss were terrible
like it
CNA (Former Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYNovember 6, 2012
*i enjoyed the work enviroment.
*taking care of the clients
*that i could take responsibilkity when given to me
*they were cute and easy to get along with
*dealing with all those personalities
*the feeling of being resposbile
Pros
woring with those nurses
Cons
hard tedious work
Great place to work and the staff was friendly as far as helping me being a new employee.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsville, NYMarch 26, 2012
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
nice place to work, if you like cliques, mandats overtime, low pay
cert nurse asst (Former Employee) –  palatine bridgeJanuary 14, 2012
nice place to start out , dont expect raises......short staffed....
Pros
????
Cons
short breaks, mandated overtime, expect to work 12 to 16 hrs atleast twice a week