Palco Employee Reviews

Washington County Support coordinator position is horrible
Support Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington County, ARJanuary 10, 2019
This could have been a nice place to work except for the area manager who never followed up with my questions, provided no feedback about my work and left me in limbo on how I was doing.

I hightailed it outta there. There were other jobs in the area. I am now happy where I am and very happy I left.
Managers have "slave" mentality, hostile and toxic environment
RMA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 20, 2018
Unrealistic expectations, unprofessional people, angry co-workers. Lack of training and lots of misinformation. Job was not as described in interview. Was given misleading information that was not true and greatly effected my responsibilities.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Managers have "slave" mentality, hostile and toxic environment
Part time employment
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 13, 2018
Working with the elderly is always a treat, if you listen you will always learn something. Giving superior customer services is always my goal. I would recommend this company to a college student or a retiree.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Rude employees and disorganized
CNA/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, AROctober 27, 2018
This is a pay company so that private clients can pay for care received. The employees here are rude, unprofessional and very unorganized. I loved the clients.
challenging day to day
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dewitt, ARSeptember 27, 2018
I learned the value of taking care of a patient that was well loved and the challenge of dealing with dementia. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the patient calm and the most enjoyable part was just taking care of her.
Pros
easy going, relaxed, etc
Cons
Palco is a decent company to work for. They just need to raise the pay rate and offer more benefits and insurance.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2018
Palco Inc is a decent company to be employed by. It's not so much fun,but I am a lover of people so therefore, I enjoy working with the clients. I am looking for a better job because they don't pay enough. Nor do they have good benefits.A typical day at work is really boring. Once I've finished my chores, the client and I may sit around and chat for a few minutes. By working with these clients, I've learned more as far as gerontology and health needs for the elderly. The hardest part of the job is lifting the patients and getting them up in the mornings. Most of them want to lye in bed until they're ready to get up. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see the expression of joy on the faces of most clients when they look up and see me coming to help them. I've always been the type of person that loves to help others.
Pros
Doing something that I love to do, help other people
Cons
The long drives, short hours, low pay rate, no benefits
Relaxed environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 29, 2018
The work was personal because you become attached to the patient and their families, It was only a part-time job so the pay was fair. It was really easy to learn, a lot of hands on training.
If you are looking for something part time, this is it.
Caregiver, Palco (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJuly 21, 2018
No benefits, no PTO, nothing. Plan on working only 12 hours a week. Great if you need extra money but you have to be flexible with your hours. You get to work with great people, but only for a short amount of time a day/week.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Almost no hours, no benefits, etc.
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARJuly 12, 2018
The company is a great way to keep a loved one at home and still have income. Paid through Medicaid. Helpful counselors. Always there when you need them.
Very unprofessional and unorganized
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 29, 2018
My experience with this company was very unpleasant. A lot of things my manager was suppose to do she left for me to do it. I also never received my monthly pay on time. I received my first check two months late at this point I resigned from this company.
Pros
I had a really nice, and respectful patient. The upper management was definitely a big help in making sure I got paid.
Cons
I only worked for 2 hours a day, but before getting hired I was told I would work 4 hours a day, and sometimes 5 on fridays.
Enjoyable
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed the patient and her family while I was working with them. The entire family was warm, welcoming and friendly. The family was not overbearing, rude, needy or pushy like most families tend to be.
Pros
The patient was a delight to work for.
Cons
I'm sad it had to come to an end due to the passing of the patient.
Work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARJune 13, 2018
I had one client to take care of everyday, I enjoyed taking care of my client. If client needed to go to town shopping, I would take her and got paid mileage.
Cons
No healthcare available, no raises, no holiday pay and no bonuses
Productive and fun workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 4, 2018
Productive fun workplace I love palco. Palco respect you to the highest when it come to working. I love working with my client palco make u want to come to work in your off day.
Pros
Best job ever
Cons
No breaks
Fun love helping other people
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 21, 2018
I help wash clothes clean take them to the dr it was an awesome experience I jus love helping other people making sure they get the care that they need
Pros
Friendly person
Cons
Breaks
Support Coordinator - not the job they sell you
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 9, 2018
The information you are told while interviewing for this position are not reflective of the actual job you will be doing. I would not recommend this as a full time position unless you do not mind driving and planning and working for nothing, as appointment cancellations and volatile participants often make it impossible for you to complete your job in a way that allows you to be paid for your time.
Terrible Place to Work.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2018
Unrealistic expectations, hard on new employees, horrible management.

Management is shady and underhanded and mean.

All the employees do is complain.

Short Breaks.

Poor Treatment of Employees.

I hated my time here and getting out with my sanity intact is a blessing. Worst job I've ever had and I have had some awful jobs.

I was also expected to work on Saturdays with very little heads up.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Breaks, Horrible Management, Unrealistic Expectations, no severance, poor treatment of employees.
It was in Patients home
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 23, 2018
I was a caregiver for an ailing Vetetan. I would go take care of them in their home. Feed them, clean home, administer medicine, and make sure they were no danger to them self. So I never had interaction with company.
Like to keep expendable work force
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMarch 31, 2018
Do not accept job thinking you have a future if they tell you temporary to permanent that’s a lie
If you do take a job here be looking out for your future keep looking for a job this place is not a trustworthy bunch the management is all lies
Pros
Ok temporary job
Cons
Not to be considered permanent
great work place
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 13, 2018
This is a great company to work with it allows you to set your own hours according to the patients availability. They are easy to get in contact with. And if you have any issues with anything they are quick to find the issue and solve it.
great starter job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scotia, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I was only there for a few years. Right out of college. It was a great starter job. My position there was being eliminated, I had to find other work.
Pros
people
Cons
job position eliminated