Palm Beach County School District Employee Reviews

Decent
Educator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 1, 2018
Depending on school, it can be an enjoyable career as long as you are comfortable with unrealistic goals and people who do their job poorly but receive similar pay.
Pros
many days off
Cons
wage
Loved Working for the School Board
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLApril 17, 2018
There are excellent benefits when working for the school board. You are allowed free insurance if you are single, several off days, and flexibility with substitute teachers.
Very productive and enjoy working with students and staff.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 17, 2018
I enjoy being involved with the students education and playing an important role in making a student strive by putting services into place whether it be in the home or in the school.
Great school system
Teacher/Intervention Teacher/ ESE Contact (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed my 25 + years teaching and was well treated working for the school district. I retired to venture into a new area of preschool.
I recommend anyone desiring to teach to look into the system.
Pros
Good support
Cons
A good professional experience, but too high risk of injury
Pediatric Occupational Therapist/ OT Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLApril 14, 2018
I worked at the district's special education school with excellent staff from whom I learned a great deal. I had to leave the school district after being physically injured by students at the school on two separate occasions - and a requested transfer to an itinerant OT position in regular schools with the district was not available.
Pros
Great staff with whom to collaborate
Cons
Low pay, low adult to student ratio and therefore high risk of physical injury
Productive and many learning opportunities
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 12, 2018
My day consisted of waking up at 6 in the morning everyday, making it to whichever school I was called in for that day, passing the work out to the students, and making sure it is understood. I learned how to keep students on task while also making sure they feel safe.
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
No free lunch
Working in the cafeteria
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Pahokee, FLApril 8, 2018
A typical day in the cafeteria would be panning food, making sure paperwork is done and making sure if anyone needs help i can assist them with the help that they need. In the cafeteria i've learned that teamwork is the only way to get things done; so you have to have good communication skills. The management is great. When one cant do thats when management steps right in and takes its place, showing us how things can be done in multiple ways. The hardest thing about this job is placing incoming boxes where they belong; but when you get use to it, it will no longer be considered as hard. The most enjoyable part about this job is talking to people that speak different languages. In this workplace there's 3 different languages being spoken.
Pros
free lunch, communicating with kids
Cons
short breaks
Nice
Sub Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 20, 2018
Excellent place to work. The management care, and have your best interest at heart. The workplace is productive and makes sure the employees feels appreciated.
Supply teacher
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 15, 2018
Opportunity to supply teach in the school district.
Some schools are better than others. It's best to look at the ratings at each if you are thinking of supply teaching.
Pros
Friendly people
general
Administrative Assistant (Confidential Secretary) (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 15, 2018
I have learned a lot. I have had many different roles. Such as bookkeeper, payroll, benefits and budget. I am seeking a better salary for myself. I hope to continue my growth.
Pros
time off
Cons
stress
my first job
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLMarch 5, 2018
this goes without saying but your first job you will always remember. i went to the school and later on worked for the aftercare program. i learned many lessons and made great bonds.
Unpredictable
SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of mainly updated students transcripts to assure that their grades are current in the system.
I work in a office with one other co-worker so its very peaceful.
Pros
The schedule
Cons
The pay
working for palm beach school district is amazing
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2018
working for palm beach school district is amazing, you get to work with and help students further their education and become young adults. the staff at the school that i work at is amazing. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Good School District
Substitute Teacher (Mathematics & Tech Education) (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Very organized school district compared to miami dade. Well paid and benefits to full time employee. No benefits for part time employee. Online management
difficult to obtain work advancement
Adult Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 22, 2018
Almost impossible to get a full time job if you don't know someone in high position.
Worked for 7.5 years, doing the job of 2 people, under harsh conditions.
Pros
Decent hourly pay
Cons
No advancement
Working with handicap children
Paraprofessional Level (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2018
I helped teachers work with emotionally handicap children, I enjoyed bringing my art talent to help the teachers work with children who dealt with medical conditions as well as terrible house holds. Working with a system who helped those children in an environment which could help them make it in our world was a great inspiration me to make it in todays world.
Pros
working to help children
Cons
injuries
Low morell
Florida (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 2, 2018
A fair place to work, some of the students are nice to work with. I go from school to school on a daily basics there are some school you can be place permanently but the pay not that great for the work volume.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No benefits for part-time employers
Fast Paced
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greenacres, FLFebruary 1, 2018
From the moment you step on campus there is something to do and get done. everyday is filled with a plethora of scenarios that range from funny to upsetting but at least you can truly say that there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Children, co-workers, pay
Cons
often seems like there is not enough time in the day
School setting with hard working couselors willing to do anything for they're kids assigned to them.
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  3015 S Congress Ave, Boynton Beach, FL 33426January 27, 2018
hours were very limited and there were no opportunities to grow within the company as an after school counselor. The counselors often went above and beyond for they're students, however management never acknowledged the effort put forth. Also the hours were only 5 hours a day.
Pros
401k option
Cons
short hours no promotions
Great Place To Work, As I Was Only a Substitute Teacher
SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Any Place Caring For School Children Need Responsible And Dependable Employees. I Not Only Enjoy Working At The School District, But I Realize What An Important Job It Is, And I Have Volunteer My Services On Many Occasions.