Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Employee Reviews

Terrible experience. Very unprofessional
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 24, 2019
The meetings were spent complaining about the upper management. No organizations, no source control, and requirements were verbal and constantly changing. Lack of communication by the management.
The worst job experience.
Palm Beach County Sheriff is one of the best offices in the South to work for.
Sworn Deputy Dept of corrections (Former Employee) –  3228 Gunclub Rd WPB ,Fla.33406August 14, 2019
Excellent Training, advancement and overall a Great Agency to work for. Professional on every level with plenty of $ for the best equipment and uniforms for optimal training throughout your career.
Overall awesome organization to be employed by
School Crossing guard (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2019
PBSO was an awesome organization to work for. They could have more benefits for part-time worker with seniority. The only reason I left was the schedule change that was being made after 16 years of me being there conflicted with other jobs I was committed to already. Coworkers become family. And they really take the time to celebrate their employees.
I Love working as Rover Patrol
Rover (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLJuly 25, 2019
Yes it was Volunteer job to get experience for Rover Patrol at the Palm Beach Sheriff Office I enjoy working alongside the Sheriff Officer I learn a lot when l was working as Volunteer
Professional
Deputy Sheriff - Retired (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 29, 2019
Must maintain professionalism as working with the public and employees. Great place for a career starter with minimal college preference. Able to enhance learning that provide promotion in moving up.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime required
Awful Management
Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 20, 2019
Communications department has poor management and their retention rate is extremely low based on their continuous hiring and firing of individuals and not valuing and helping their current employees succeed. You're easily replaceable and they let you know that from the get go.
Large Busy Law Enforcement Agency
Deputy Sheriff/Police Officer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33406May 12, 2019
Large organization with a lot of movement capabilities, very good pay and excellent benefits package. Different types of work shifts , depending on the assignment.
Florida (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 1, 2019
Great work habits are needed as well as staying and being in shape. You are always working with someone, not as security minded as you, therefore you must always no your situation. Also, keep in mind the department has career status with the department. There are career 1 thru 4 which will increase your pay.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Some bad supervisors.
Detective
Training detective in Homicide/ Robbery (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 21, 2019
Criminal investigations, learned how to deal with people in a positive way. Learn to treat people with respect.

Hardest part of the day notifying of the death of a child and or like vet one.

Enjoyable part of the is bringing justice to the victims and their families

All supervisors were well trained and highly respected.
Productive and fun
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 3, 2019
Great organization, provided me life skills that are applied to my daily living. With our ever changing atmosphere and community diversity, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office demonstrated to me applicable training and resources for the necessary needs.
Great Organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2019
My time with the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office was not only a great learning experience, but an excellent experience. I left with wonderful skills, memories and life-long friendships.
Productive place to work with good benefits
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Great environment and great people to work with. Offers growth and development for the employees. A lot of employees activities offered. Benefits are great.
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2019
I enjoy working for PBSO because I enjoy my working environment, and the people who work with me. My boss also helps make the work environment manageable.
Pros
work hours
Cons
early mornings.
A Very good Law Enformmententment Department. Sometimes challenging
Law enforcement Aide (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Hard to gain advancement to competitive. Knowing the job is only part of the story. Learn all you can and seek out further knowledge and have thick skin.
Pros
Offers Opportunities
Cons
Very hard for carreer avancements
PBSO - A Definite No, No, No!
Deputy Sheriff-Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Started out as a dream job, ended in a miserable way... They do not value tenured, dedicated staff that attempt to do the right things, the right ways... If you have zero integrity, this is the place for you...
Benefits
Cons
Executive Staff
Pathetic
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 8, 2018
dont bother. sheriff is beyond bad. until change comes, dont bother. until regime changes comes, run the other way screaming. No ones cares anymore. the ones who do, are too afraid to speak out.
Pros
People
Cons
Bradshaw
Top shelf
FTO (Former Employee) –  Wpb, flJuly 6, 2018
Best Job I ever had worked. I started it jail and transferred to road patrol. Field Training was stressful but I sucked it up, well worth it. I retired as field training officer and re located out of area. As career duty, F T O, longevity bonus and overtime I could easily clear 100 K a year. Training was excellent and I wish I could have stayed. Sometimes you had less than stellar supervisors, but you handle your business and you simply outlasted them. Upper management were quick to figure it out most of the time and all of sudden they were transferred. When a squad performed well management wanted to maintain that working environment. By the same token, don't expect to half step or it will brought to your attention...eventually.
PBSO is top shelf pay and now I'm working on a 2nd retirement for a third of what I was making !
Pros
$ every other weekend of, great sheriff (cops cop)9
Cons
As any LEO sometimes working holidays
Great place to work- Proud of fellow law enforcement
Deput (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 18, 2018
Great Place to work and learn. Only downside is pay is low. Proud of the men and women who help people everyday. Inspirations to everyone. Selfless acts of bravery that rarely gets the praise it deserves
Provides great service to community
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 18, 2018
great place to work, great benefits, great people, unlimited potential for advancement, and a place where you can give back to the community through service.
Great position and miss it very much
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 2, 2018
It was a fulfilling role that I miss very much. I had always wanted to be a police officer and it really was fulfilling a dream. I only left to pursue other opportunities.