Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

Pleasant workplace
Score keeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Palm Beach State College was a great place to work. The staff and managers were very nice and helpful with anything that you needed. The hours were also very flexible and were willing to work around your schedule.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Great Students, Stressful Management
Tutor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 12, 2019
As a tutor, you will have flexible hours and most managers work with your schedule, particularly if you're going to school. While I'm ending with a fantastic manager who drove my advancement in a healthy way, there are some managers who are poor communicators, manipulate their employers to aggressive competition that harms the students, and create unwelcome atmospheres. Speak to the people on the floor to determine if you are interviewing in a positive atmosphere first.
Convenient place to work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 12, 2019
A typical day at work would be clocking in and assisting students complete their financial aid or their verification. While I'm not doing that, I would stock up and make sure we had enough copies to hand out to students if needed. Once I was done with that, I would go file until I see us getting busy.
Pros
works with your school schedule
Cons
No benefits as a part-time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I do believe change is coming. There needs to be a shift in the culture. Good people work here, but those that are in charge need a bit more grooming.
Productive, very busy, fun environment
Student Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day at work was very productive with many projects. What I learned was leadership, carrying on with many responsibilities. Management was very caring for their employees.The workplace culture had high volume of students coming in to get advise from the advisers. We dealt with the high cost of students needing assistance for their career path. The hardest part of the job was that we were responsible for the information giving for their future career goal. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we worked as a team even through the tough days.
Pros
Student activities, free food, &free giveaways
Not a fun place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 30, 2018
Management was inexperienced and did not know how to run the shift property and in a fair manner. Favorites were chosen among employees and advantages were given to those.
Pros
It was a part of the Florida Retirement System
Cons
Management was not fair in handling all employees the same.
Enjoyed working for the college.
Student Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade Camp, FLDecember 29, 2018
Learned a lot working here. Management was great and the perks were nice. Met a lot of different people and great advancement.My hours were great, paid time off.
Pros
Great hours
Great school
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLDecember 18, 2018
Work study positions always available. Loved the environment and the flexibility of working in between classes. Awesome staff and lots of student engagement activities
A great job for a college student
Secretary/Event Organizer (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 13, 2018
Working within the counseling center as a student was one of the most beneficial experiences of my life. They make you feel welcome and give you ample opportunity to improve yourself.
Part time faculty
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 6, 2018
I'm a part time online Adjunct Professor teaching 2 database classes.
It's a great job. To get hired full time, I'm told, that I need to get a PhD. My Masters degree is not sufficient for full time teaching.
Fun work experience
Reception/ Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 5, 2018
Fun work atmosphere. learned a lot of new things and had great supervisors that help you grow. Great for students. Would love to work at palm beach state again.
Fun & exciting place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 6, 2018
Responsibilities: Scheduling meetings & appointments; organizing files; drafting & proofreading files; taking inventory; receiving guests; assisting student organizations; and assisting in advertising materials for campus events. I learned more on communication such as active listening & speaking, organizing & prioritizing tasks, time management, strategic planning, problem solving & critical thinking, resourcefulness, detail-orientation, and technological proficiency (creating & printing advertising materials, such as, posters & flyers via Microsoft Publisher and Large format printer; creating Powerpoint presentations for meetings; and scheduling appointments via Outlook). Management was the best I've ever had; very supportive, family-friendly, and caring. The work environment was so laid back & comfortable, and we were collaborative on all projects & worked as a team. I enjoyed the friends I had at work & the projects created. The harrdest part was leaving this job when I graduated.
Pros
Management, workload, rewards, experience & skills gained
Cons
Leaving
Good Workspace
Temporary Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 2, 2018
Good Workspace and teamwork in the payroll office. I learned alot about Workday software and payroll in this position and worked with all employees at all 5 locations.
Great Company to work for.
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Great starting and ending point in your career. You get to support students in their future success in life. Great Work Life balance, great benefits with added time off. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Holiday paid time off, 4-day work week in summer.
Cons
Salary could be more competitive.
Organization in transition
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Many changes taking place which has caused some confusion and frustration. Organization taking a turn more to a corporate environment with everything needing to measured with a metric.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Organization in flux
security department specific
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 11, 2018
not recommended for younger people, can be boring, lack of leadership in management. Isn't the worst place to work at, easy, but as previously stated, management is made up of wanna be cops and slow paced
great place
Advisor, Career Center (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 31, 2018
fun filled environment makes the day go by fast. theres always some kind of event going on with free food so that is a perk that comes with the job. everyone is super friendly
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 21, 2018
This is a good place to work. Not much opportunity for career advancement though. Colleagues are willing to help and work together. There is good leadership by the CEO.
Cons
Low salary
Associate of Arts (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 29, 2018
I have always had a compassion for helping others and Sonography gives me the opportunity to develop a rewarding career out of this passion. I am a very clear-minded, organized and rational person. I have had previous managerial positions, dealing with multiple customers as well as numerous staff members and it has given me the experience of remaining calm and working efficiently under stressful situations.
good start for students
Student Assistance (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 25, 2018
early in times and very hands-on. I learned Microsoft efficiency, office workspace, how to cooperate and work with co-workers, and upper management levels.