Palm Beach State College
74Above average

Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

United States257 reviews
Learned a lot of about people life and got a lot of experience working in a variety of different situations.
Also Improved my education and myself while working here.
Very nice people to work with at the College with a desire to succeed and serve the College community. Welcoming, inclusive culture. In my experience, middle management is very good and supportive of their team. There is very limited opportunity to gain a full-time position. The pay is on the low side, both for staff and faculty. No raises for the past 3 years.
Pros
nice co-workers, friendly and inclusive culture
Cons
no raises for 3 years, limited opportunity to get a full-time job
Great people, nice place to work and feel like a family situation. Nice office space for faculty and a nice cafe to eat at. Enjoy the atmosphere of the campus and the people around
Pros
Friendly
Cons
The president is fairly new and she is changing things for the better. She's very positive and she promotes from within. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and Professional development.
I loved working at PBSC as a student assistant. It is by far one of the most memorable jobs I ever had. My supervisor and coworkers kept work fun and we always learned something new. I worked at the Wellness Canter and it benefited me a lot in pursing my major of Exercise Science at FAU.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
A Great atmosphere with lots of friendly faces. I love my campus and all the individuals that part take in our succes. The Faculty and staff consists of parents, teachers, students, and alumni that all support one another in taking the next steps into a bright future. I love my job at PBSC helping faculty,staff,teachers, and students in any way i can, Go Panthers!!!
In my short tenure as an administrator at PBSC I was incredibly unhappy. The organization is unfocused. Top administrators are unprofessional and I never once felt like I had a sense of belonging. The office culture was terrible and I felt that no one could be trusted. I left voluntarily.
They are trying to get rid of the old employees. They are hiring younger employees so they do not have to pay more salary. It appears that my younger head of the department either does not like Muslims or just removed me from the list of adjunct professors. I do not think there could be any other reason that based upon his feeling for my religion.
Great company to work for. It embraces diversity from all angle. I offers employees a lot of opportunity to grow and expand. You will learn every day either from students or coworkers.
To me the hardest part of the job is when I come in to work not feeling my usual cheery and happy self. I have noticed that whenever I step into a place to get assistance how the person who is attending to me has such a mood. The attitude that they give me when I speak to them and try to get help makes me feel so bad and often angry because I had not done anything wrong. Having had that experience makes me pay more attention to how I feel when I work with my clients. I try to pay attention to my attitude because I learned from experience that if me receiving that kind of moody attitude from someone can make me feel hurt and often angry then me giving off that same attitude can most definitely hurt those I serve.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Palm Beach State College?
Positive workplaces tend to exhibit a common set of traits that foster excellence, ... They take responsibility for their actions and decisions.
Overall great place to work!
Friendly and diverse atmosphere. Decent benefits and I have nothing more to add. This is all I have to say and would like to stop tying now. There should be no word minimum requirement here
My experiences working at Palm Beach State College has been amazing. I'm surrounded by great people (colleagues) who are very supportive in assisting me with any questions or concerns I may have. The workplace culture is phenomenal. I believe that it is important that your company culture accurately reflect the organization and its people. At Palm Beach State College, employees share, help, and encourage one another. My students have been amazing and are so willing to learn. I love working here!!
Many incredible faculty and staff, but difficult to advance. People leave and are not replaced. Others end up with the work instead. Little commitment to future of structure as positions that are filled are done so only on an interim basis.
Pros
Benefits aren’t terrible. Many people are great. And it’s a college, so of course, getting to work with students is the best.
Cons
Too many interim leaders who aren’t vested in the temporary role, and too many leaders who do not or cannot make decisions.
It is a great job and you can further your education while you work. I have enjoyed working and helping students through out my shift. Working for Palm Beach State College will help you learn about security at a low stress atmosphere.
Pros
Free healthcare, some great employees and college tuition
Cons
Low pay and part time to start
Palm Beach State College provides a very innovative work environment that focuses on helping students and work partners achieve their academic goals. This environment is very productive and all of the staff is extremely caring and pleasant.
students of differet cultures willing to learn. Enjoyed teaching students.Learned how to be more flexible working with the staff in the facilities.Working with the patients is the most enjoyable part of the job.
A typical day at work consisted of writing emails to students who were looking for a tour of the campus. Along with emails to students, we sent emails to coordinate events at High Schools. The hardest part of the job is the amount of information you had to learn about Palm Beach State College's 150+ different programs.
In 18 years of working basically 34-36 hours without a single complaint, one student complains falsely they are believed and not me. I was total to take all my belongings and to never return. I was falsely accused and released! 18 years of service and not a single complaint. I was dumbfounded to say the least.
This was a great place to learn on how to work as a team to better serve the college and our community. through this club we were able to speak on this and also educate our fellow classmates on different aspects with the African American history and experience.
The pay is so below par that it is almost exploitative. You will not be paid what you are worth. There are no benefits, no healthcare, no Social Security, no paid time off, no job security, no raises and no representation. There are almost no full time teaching positions and the administration has no respect nor consideration of part time faculty. There have actually been confirmed cases of faculty squatting in college buildings and living in the public park across the street because of the unlivable wages. You will not be paid for 30 days at the beginning of every semester and your students working entry level retail jobs will earn more than you. Many of the students are not prepared for college level work and your classroom will be filled with 'special needs' students that you are expected to teach - without additional training nor pay. Management and the Board of Trustees don't even have the decency nor intelligence to be embarrassed of their poor treatment of part time faculty. It's truly appalling.
Pros
My immediate department had some very nice colleagues.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no respect
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Beach State College. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight