Palm Beach State College Employee Review

View all Palm Beach State College reviews

A safe, predictable place to work
Tutor, Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 19, 2013
I helped students to use the computers. Primarily I assisted them with the whole Microsoft Office suite. I learned to be patient and respectful and and how to see a problem from the perspective of someone who is not used to technology.
My co-workers and I developed a very youthful, easy-going culture that promoted freedom of expression and initiative.

The hardest day of the job is any day where there is an irate or unreasonable student, inversely the most enjoyable day is one where a student is extremely grateful because they learned new skills and do not need assistance from us again.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, freedom to innovate in ways to assist
Cons
no room for advancement, few hours

Other Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

Nice Coworkers
Student assistant in the library (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 17, 2018
While I was hired with a student position I had no way to advance there. It was nice to have a job where work is planned around classes but it would be hard to advance.
Pros
Friendly
I enjoy my work at Palm Beach State College
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 15, 2018
I enjoy my work there. I am a part time instructor and it is fun to teach students in a different area. I don't think I would leave there any time soon.