Palm Beach Tan Employee Reviews

Competitive and fun
Tan Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed working here, it was just very competitive and coworkers were gossip centered. I succeeded as an employee there but you have to be extremely cautious around customers and coworkers.
Pros
free tanning
Cons
pay and coworkers
Fast Pace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapin, SCJanuary 11, 2019
Very fast pace, high sales, while alos having to multi-task. Must hit daily, weekly, and monthly goals. While also providing amazing customer service.
Productive and building excellent customer report and relationships
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 8, 2019
During fall/winter seasons, that's when the salon becomes very slow and hours tend to be cut as well as not earning a ton of commission..however once early spring through summer comes, it gets extremely busy, more hours to go around and commission is abundant. Friendly coworkers, known for our awesome customer service reviews as well as a clean and safe working environment, plus everyone works as a team. Owners treat their staff extremely well and always willing to treat us to annual winter dinners, rewarding us with bonuses at the end of every year, as well as an annual summer fun outing/team building activity and dinner. Free bed and spray tanning and get to receive a huge discount on any product of your choosing. Plus always being prompt in taking notice to every individuals progress in their work and sales ethics and accomplishments, I moved up very quickly in the company due to my sales and great work ethic. The sky is the limit and they are always willing to work with every individual's needs outside of work. Ideal for anyone.
Pros
Free tanning, discounts, flexible scheduling, bonuses, annual dinners
Cons
no paid vacation (unless in management) or sick days, off seasons
Good place to start sales experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Plan beach tan comes with higher responsibility and understanding. You must know how to work the system in the computer with returning costumers and new customers. You must be educated in skin care, the packages, and the products.
Fun place to work
Bed cleaner/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 30, 2018
Always a fun place to be
Horrible management
Lazy employees
Always clean
Always go the job done or taken care of
Convenient location
Understanding most of the time
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
Lazy employees
Absolutely terrible
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 20, 2018
So much drama! Pay is $7.00/HR! In Northern VA! They are absolutely terrible to work for, management sucks and is zero help when you have a problem! DO NOT WORK HERE!
Palm beach is a fun company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2018
This company has some really good pros to it, free tanning and commission. Although there is no room for raises unless you move into management which is hard to do since it is all prefomance based if you aren’t selling you won’t move up. Easy entry level job but also minimum wage no matter how much work ethic you have.
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
No breaks, long hours, no raises
Poor management taking advantage of young girls
Associate (Former Employee) –  Parma ohioDecember 15, 2018
Worked there for a few months thought it would be a great part time job cause it's something I enjoy..whoa at first everything seemed okay until the manager was whisked away to another location and didnt get another one. Not that it matters the managers aren't real managers anyway just figureheads for the locations and puppets for the 2 district managers who THINK everything is going ok cause they put too much trust in the managers instead of investigating what's going on in the stores they rather sit behind laptops all day shooting off emails left and right about sales goals. If you dont shove overpriced products down every customers throat until they cant stand you then management isn't fond of you no matter what else you do or don't do. They care less about the cleanliness of the salon which in my opinion is a huge deal then they do about bombarding each customer with the latest 100 dollar lotion. They have no idea what's going on in the salons because they're so detached and dont know half of the shady things their managers do to keep sales numbers high. It's a joke. They transfer people all over town instead of hiring accordingly for each location they try to make you go here and there and wherever because people and managers are constantly quitting due to the extremely poor management. It's truly unreal oh and the only time anyone properly cleans is when audit time is coming up.
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
Poor management, bad hours and poor treatment. Lack of structure
fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 14, 2018
I loved working with all employees. Everyone was very nice and supported each other. We would all enjoy each others company plus get the job done. My manager was the best as well.
I love palm beach except one thing the crazy sales goals
TANNING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 11, 2018
I was actually pretty good at sales the whole time I was there but since I am not one to push people in to purchases I slowly fell below the people that do that.
Cons
Tanning(it’s free but only if you meet sales goals), and Commission(If you don’t meet sales goals you don’t get any commission)
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 9, 2018
I loved working here they always worked with my schedule. It was hard to get breaks or have lunches. We took them when we could. They know how to treat there employees.
High Energy, Great Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 19, 2018
Management makes a company, and I had the greatest managers. These ladies knew their stuff and wanted others to succeed as well. The education they provided and the wonderful communication made this a great place to work.
Pros
Education, Benefits
Cons
Work hours
Fun place to work
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 19, 2018
I enjoyed the working environment and the free tans! Everyone I worked with was fun and upbeat and was full of constant motivation to reach the daily goals!
Great place to learn management skills.
Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2018
Palm Beach Tan is a great place to start your career in sales, but once you start to grow in the company you do more work and more traveling then what you get paid for.
Pros
flexible, commission, make your own hours.
Cons
No work life balance.
Cut-throat and competitive
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VANovember 11, 2018
The overall workplace was very competitive. If you dont meet the standard or goal you see a change in how people treat you. It can be a fun environment to work in but it can also be stressful.
Pros
free time, break whenever, free tans, try products for free
Cons
stressful, competitive
Productive and fun work environment
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 6, 2018
I love working at palm beach, I’ve made great friendships not only with my co workers but customers as well. Palm beach has taught me valuable customer service skills
Pros
Free tanning, discounts on products
Cons
Rude customers
Nothing but a crock of poo
Tanning Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 3, 2018
This is not somewhere you want to work. The management is a joke and are nothing but old hags who feed off younger girls drama. They are nothing but hypocrites. They say they expect one thing and you’ll see them giving discounts out and free stuff to people. No matter how hard you work, go above and beyond for nothing, and people take advantage and credit of you. They will tell you you’ll get a raise and you’re doing great but they will stab you in the back. If your sales numbers are below a certain point they will take you off the computer and write you up. It’s seriously the WORST company to work for!!!
Nice looking work environment
Selling memberships, tanning consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 28, 2018
Stressful work environment, many times co-workers will screw your numbers up for their own financial gain. Most managers don't train effectively so the employee suffers from a lack of knowledge when on the job. Plus I got a staph infection here and they didn't care or consult me after being confronted.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Many co-workers call out sick or aren't invested when at work
Not a friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2018
They only care about making the most amount of money. Don't care about employees at all or customers. The sales associates and some managers care about their job and enjoy it, it is corporate thats the problem. Also they stress how much you make in commission, but if they feel you're making too much they find a way to dock your pay so your paychecks aren't as big as they should be.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
Fun learning experience.
Shift Leader/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSOctober 24, 2018
Fun learning experience. A lot of customer service. Learned a lot about sales. Fun upbeat job. I really needed more hours and I was also preparing to have a baby and be a stay at home mom.