Palm Beach Tan Employee Reviews

Great place to learn management skills.
Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2018
Palm Beach Tan is a great place to start your career in sales, but once you start to grow in the company you do more work and more traveling then what you get paid for.
Pros
flexible, commission, make your own hours.
Cons
No work life balance.
Cut-throat and competitive
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VANovember 11, 2018
The overall workplace was very competitive. If you dont meet the standard or goal you see a change in how people treat you. It can be a fun environment to work in but it can also be stressful.
Pros
free time, break whenever, free tans, try products for free
Cons
stressful, competitive
Productive and fun work environment
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 6, 2018
I love working at palm beach, I’ve made great friendships not only with my co workers but customers as well. Palm beach has taught me valuable customer service skills
Pros
Free tanning, discounts on products
Cons
Rude customers
Nothing but a crock of poo
Tanning Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 3, 2018
This is not somewhere you want to work. The management is a joke and are nothing but old hags who feed off younger girls drama. They are nothing but hypocrites. They say they expect one thing and you’ll see them giving discounts out and free stuff to people. No matter how hard you work, go above and beyond for nothing, and people take advantage and credit of you. They will tell you you’ll get a raise and you’re doing great but they will stab you in the back. If your sales numbers are below a certain point they will take you off the computer and write you up. It’s seriously the WORST company to work for!!!
Nice looking work environment
Selling memberships, tanning consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 28, 2018
Stressful work environment, many times co-workers will screw your numbers up for their own financial gain. Most managers don't train effectively so the employee suffers from a lack of knowledge when on the job. Plus I got a staph infection here and they didn't care or consult me after being confronted.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Many co-workers call out sick or aren't invested when at work
Not a friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2018
They only care about making the most amount of money. Don't care about employees at all or customers. The sales associates and some managers care about their job and enjoy it, it is corporate thats the problem. Also they stress how much you make in commission, but if they feel you're making too much they find a way to dock your pay so your paychecks aren't as big as they should be.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
Fun learning experience.
Shift Leader/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSOctober 24, 2018
Fun learning experience. A lot of customer service. Learned a lot about sales. Fun upbeat job. I really needed more hours and I was also preparing to have a baby and be a stay at home mom.
Productive and fun place to work
manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2018
I highly enjoyed working for this company. Palm Beach Tan was my first job and came back after 5 years to continue working for them. I started at the lowest position in the store and worked my way up to manager.
Pros
Excellent pay, fun work environment and wonderful benefits
This place is a joke
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MissouriOctober 10, 2018
This place is such a joke and the manager talks about the coworkers and fake. They act like they care but honestly they don’t. I couldn’t believe how they treated people and talked about the other workers. I do not recommend this place to anybody
Pros
Free tanning and half off products that’s it
production
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 5, 2018
you have the freedom to do what you want as long as you follow key rules made by corporate and market the business however you want. As long as you keep your business thrive and attractive people will come to visit. I like to have fun and so does my staff and create an amazing experience for our customers.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
long hours and not enough budget
Commission Based
Tanning Consultant/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tillmans Corner, ALSeptember 30, 2018
Job is based on sales. You have to meet a certain sales goal. If you aren't good at pushing high priced products do not work here. On the other hand if you are great at sales this is a good job for you.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Very boring
Fun Job To Have
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
Enjoyed the opportunites that were set before me. I loved the customers as well as staff I worked with. The job incentives were great and kept us all motivated.
Productive workplace with set goals
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 27, 2018
I would overall say Palm Beach Tan is a fun and positive workplace. A typical day at work would be talking with customers and sending them back to their tanning rooms, cleaning the beds and around the store as well as talking to new clients, telling them about our packages and promotions. I learned a lot working there but especially how to deal with difficult situations with customers that I necessarily couldn't control or fix myself. The workplace culture is very positive, very nice people that are enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest part about the job was dealing with those customers that were angry about a payment they got that you couldn't help them with right then and there. They most enjoyable part of the job though was meeting all the clients and being able to kind of build a relationship with them because you were seeing them at least a couple days each week.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I absolutely loved palm beach tan you get free tanning and discounts on lotion if your good at sales this job might be the one for you you get paid hourly and commission!
fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2018
I learned a lot with Palm Beach Tan. I gained great relationships and I learned a lot about leadership and teamwork. Management was a great skill to take home with me.
Depends on your store.
Opener/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Job security is low especially since you're required to meet certain quotas or you lose your job. It doesn't matter if you had no customers if you didn't sell anything you got reprimanded. Managers at my store were lazy in training, and often didn't do their responsibilities and pawned them off. They would take over the sales of newer employees to meet their quota whether or not the newer employee was about to close the deal.
Pros
Discounted products and services
Cons
Bad management, minimal job security
Very relaxed and welcoming job
Sales Associate/ Bed runner (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Palm Beach Tan has been the most relaxing and stress free job I have had when it comes to working. although, the pay is not the greatest it can be made up by commission. I would highly recommend this job to anyone looking for a fun and relaxing job but, you still get the job done.
Pros
Discounts on products
Large tanning company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2018
8+ hour shifts. Great at teaching how to be a sales person. Management is very helpful and will guide you to success. You get out what you put in. If you push yourself and try to make your sales goals then you are rewarded.
Palm Beach Tan
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 13, 2018
Love every person that word here. Such amazing people and super fun! I have to travel a lot to work at locations that are short staffed so you don't really get much of a say in your schedule but they do a great job working around school schedules and other jobs!
Pros
free tanning
Cons
no breaks
Most unprofessional workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2018
For starters, I never once met my own manager, I once messaged her and asked for help on my first day opening alone and she read my message and didn't respond. I was also told I was going to be paid $9.25 an hour after my training was complete, when I was paid $8.25 instead they told me that getting paid $9.25 was a mistake when I was told that multiple times by many different people. I also asked off for a personal reason, I was scheduled later in the day which I was fine with - until they changed the schedule 2 days before the day and had me working 8am-6pm instead. Absolutely HORRIBLY run. STAY AWAY. ALSO, I was told I need to tan every shift which is ridiculous, spray tans should be enough.
Cons
no breaks, horrible management, poorly paid