Palm Beach Tan

Clear
2.7Pay & Benefits

tanpalmlotionbeachpbtcommissionbedsale

Fun

Not enough hours , schedule is based of favoritism , selling is very easy once you learn , Make your own paycheck if you get the hours to do so not bad but not the best

Super easy job

It is a super easy job once you get the hang of the computer system and the retail items. The pay is not worth the inconsistent hours. It is a good job for those looking for a part-time job.

Pros

Fun environment and you build good relationships with customers

Cons

Inconsistent hours and you need to find coverage if you need to call out

Palm Beach Tan insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

It’s okay

Flexible scheduling but very low paying job with high maintenance needs. I loved the job and the clients but there is unfair scheduling which is a complete downside

Fun & easy place to work

Overall it is a fun and easy part time job for a little extra cash while in school or on the side. The job experience greatly depends on who the management is at the time. There is an opportunity for commission, but it is not much.

Not worth it

Things are promised and never delivered. The salon is dirty and gross. Customers are hit or miss. Very heavily reliant on commission numbers. Don’t make commission? You’ll get fired. Higher ups take credit for everything you do. You don’t get paid enough for the workload. Constantly get yelled at by customers. Perfect job for people who don’t have “adult” bills.

Pros

Free diamond membership

Cons

No breaks, long shifts, no sitting, horrible location

Fun easy job

Easy job, but a lot of cleaning. Unrealistic sales goals and labor budget counteract sales productivity. Retail prices are too high and don't fluctuate with economy.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Low pay

Not what I thought it would be like.

It's a circus show sometimes and other days it's amazing. It's good for someone who can handle poorly run work environment every now and then. Some of the store's need better management. Some of them are great I worked in a few. As far as benefits I never got them so I can't comment on that. I've learned a lot and have grown personally thanks to a few people I met from working here. I'm grateful for the the chance I got to work there and to continue to work there. There is some room to grow, and you can do it if you give it everything you got, but you have to have the right store manager and the right DM backing you.

Fun Team Atmosphere

I manage a store and have a great team working with me. Management salary is quite good if your store is busy since you get a base pay of around 20 per hour plus commission. One downside is that there does not seem to be too much room for advancement beyond managing a store. Also, products would sell better if prices were more moderate and if they sold a larger variety of things. Overall a good place to work, especially early in your career.

Pros

Fun team atmosphere

Cons

More advancement opportunity for greater pay

Recommend if you have a passion for the industry

It's a great job if you love sales and thrive in competitive and fast paced environments. I do believe there could be some major improvements especially in the upper management.

Pros

Advancement opportunities, commission earnings, bonus potential, managers aren't too corporately regulated at franchise locations

Cons

Benefits aren't great, the salaries could be better, the owner & regional manager are extremely hard on the rest of the management; district mgrs, area mgrs & salon mgrs

The owner is horrible

Doesn’t care about your mental health or that you seriously need a break from the chaos and need support. Nobody helps you cover shifts and mostly you are alone running the business.

Pros

Free tanning product discounts

Cons

Low pay, no breaks, no time off, you go in if someone doesn’t show up, salary pay takes advantage of you, pay depends on commission

A lot of work for a solo employee.

Running a busy tanning salon alone is difficult. No breaks.Long hours.No time off. Good job if you are a college student. Free tanning and discounted products.

Pros

Free tanning

Cons

No breaks. Work life balance

Physically easy, a lot of things to learn

Job is easy in the sense that you don’t do much. All the training is about policies and tanning knowledge. Commissions are competitive and you don’t see much of them since California takes the majority. They say you make your own paycheck, and scheduling is done by performance. Do yourself a favor and don’t work here. Unless you’re a top sales person, it’s not worth it imo.

Pros

Cons

Hour breaks on 7 hour shifts

Good money if you're higher up and good at sales

I honestly loved working here. It had many highs and lows though. The upper management is spotty and only cares how much money the store is bringing in. They don't mind stepping on peoples toes and promoting people that have no clue whats going on just because they're older is what it seems like. There is an excuse for everything you could possibly have a problem with and some loophole for them to use so you're the one left looking bad. Commission is really good some months and really poor others. Hourly pay is low but you do get to use the facilities for free so that is a bonus. My favorite part of working here was my clients. They were great people and always brightened my day at work.

Pros

Free tanning, benefits

Cons

drama filled environment

Not worth the time or money

Was there for a year. You don’t make money at all there is no raises your lucky if you get 10 n hour you don’t make any money off of sales because no one wants to buy 100 bottle of lotion. Management n corporate don’t know what there doing or how to do anything. As long as they have a body in the store they don’t care about you or what’s happening with the store loved the people I work with there the only reason I stayed so long but everything else was horrible do not recommend

Clients and co-workers are great

Horrible upper management. Isn’t able to take time off and the only thing good is that being the manager, you make the most (commission wise) No breaks, stand for 8-11 hours per day without sitting down.

Pros

Free tanning

Cons

No work life balance and zero breaks

Poor and manipulative leadership

Managers will exploit you for minimum wage and tell you money comes from selling. If you need this job to pay any bills and/or put yourself through school this is not the job. The employees are fake nice and use it to get themselves in better positions. They put EVERYONE on blast every week and if you're in the "dog house" for a set amount of time, they terminate you. District managers have even bought and sold schedule 2 controlled substances. The facade is real, the people are not.

Demanding but rewarding place to work.

This job helped me come out of my comfort zone like no other! I was able to become more confident and learned to work for my money. If you want to work here, be ready to work hard and long hours. Be ready to WORK for the money. You decide your paycheck as it is all comission based.

Store Management

The best aspect of it is being the store manager, you make the most, hourly and commission wise. You get to be in control of your store and the freedom of being on your own.

Pros

Tanning

Cons

Pay

Fun place!

Fun place to work and room to grow! You get bonuses based off your sales rate, and get to tan for free which is nice! I worked here in 2017 and sometimes wish I could go back

Run Away

staffing shortage is at its highest right now, so if you want to work open to close all the time, back to back, this might be for you. availability requests are never followed even if they guarantee you they will be in effect. management is all 18 to early 20 year olds, so it can get childish and dramatic extremely quick.for a 0 drama/gossip policy, they have a lot of work to do. no one in this company practices what they preach except maybe HR, thank god.

Pros

30 min lunch, free diamond prism membership, easy job, 50% off products, sometimes flexible.

Cons

no benefits even if they’re working you overtime, drama, no more 10-15 breaks, messy management, incredibly shortstaffed.

Toxic company culture

Upper management lack qualifications and communication skills. Company oversight is minimal and the salons are managed by 20 year olds, therefore company culture is similar to a high school. If you are not a manager, you will only receive 35hrs as they do not want to offer employee benefits. Also, you will be expected to work and close the salon alone at night. Considering how many young woman work for palm beach tan, it is alarming that we are forced to work alone at night. Many, if not all, salons do not have working AC & heating systems. Employees are required to work even if the inside temperature is below 60. Management will say that the salons have HVAC systems, but they do not care if they truly function.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No healthcare, no raises, no AC/HEAT in building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Beach Tan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight